Photo

The Last of Us

2,783 replies to this topic
josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

I would have posted this in the official TLoU thread but I don't want to take any chances running into major spoilers. Around the middle of the game whenever I move the character forward, he keeps randomly stopping or slowing down and then speeding up again. It leads to really choppy movement even though the frame rate stays the same. I don't remember seeing it before the mission in the suburbian area. Is there any way to resolve or has anyone else encountered it?

If mods see fit to move or lock/remove this topic then please do

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 18:01)
I would have posted this in the official TLoU thread but I don't want to take any chances running into major spoilers. Around the middle of the game whenever I move the character forward, he keeps randomly stopping or slowing down and then speeding up again. It leads to really choppy movement even though the frame rate stays the same. I don't remember seeing it before the mission in the suburbian area. Is there any way to resolve or has anyone else encountered it?

I never had that problem. Maybe you should go to the Naughty Dog/The Last of Us forums and ask those people.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 18:07)
QUOTE (josephene123 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 18:01)

I never had that problem. Maybe you should go to the Naughty Dog/The Last of Us forums and ask those people.

Yeah I'm trying that too, it's an amazing game so it's just disappointing something so small can affect the gameplay so much

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by simonp92, 21 June 2013 - 08:10 PM.

I still havn't bought this game, but I've watched allot multiplayer gameplay and damn.... It looks amazing. Very unique and yet familiar, it took me by surprise, especially after how bad the MP in UC2 and UC3 was.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by FiS!!HeR, 21 June 2013 - 08:40 PM.

I want some clarification of the ending cutscene of the game. Who's up to it? see the spoiler tag.

The final scene ends with Joel swearing to Ellie that he told her the truth about the fireflies. What truths are these? also, what's that town that they were heading to at the end?

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 20:37)
I want some clarification of the ending cutscene of the game. Who's up to it? see the spoiler tag.

The final scene ends with Joel swearing to Ellie that he told her the truth about the fireflies. What truths are these? also, what's that town that they were heading to at the end?

Well it is sorta true that they did find others. They open them up and they all got killed. From a recording. That was the Dam from Fall.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 20:41)

Well it is sorta true that they did find others. They open them up and they all got killed. From a recording. That was the Dam from Fall.

Well, thanks but... continue in the spoiler tag

I don't understand what you mean by 'they' and 'others'. Can you elaborate? also, who got open up and who got killed? and what about the town? why were they heading there? I didn't play the game myself, I just watched some walkthrough videos on youtube

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 20:51)

I don't understand what you mean by 'they' and 'others'. Can you elaborate? also, who got open up and who got killed? and what about the town? why were they heading there? I didn't play the game myself, I just watched some walkthrough videos on youtube

From recordings they (Fireflies ) talked about people just like Ellie who were immune. Fireflies have to cut them open and cut something in the brain which kills you. The town is the dam. If you seen the Fall play through you'll remember that's where Joel meets his brother Tommy.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 20:56)

From recordings they (Fireflies ) talked about people just like Ellie who were immune. Fireflies have to cut them open and cut something in the brain which kills you. The town is the dam. If you seen the Fall play through you'll remember that's where Joel meets his brother Tommy.

So, there was not a benefit from doing a surgery in the first place for those who were immune, right? for the town, yes, I remember it. This means that Joel and Ellie headed there to live the surviving life with the rest inside the camp, right? kind of a sad ending for the humans species.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:26 PM Edited by billy james, 21 June 2013 - 10:44 PM.

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 08:01)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 20:56)

So, there was not a benefit from doing a surgery in the first place for those who were immune, right? for the town, yes, I remember it. This means that Joel and Ellie headed there to live the surviving life with the rest inside the camp, right? kind of a sad ending for the humans species.

It helps if you buy the game dude, then you'll know what's happening

Also I bought and downloaded the Grounded movie last night, I plan to watch it later today

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 21:37)

Joel tells Ellie that she wasn't needed, that they couldn't use her for a cure and that the fireflies let her go. This is not true. Ellie, if given the option, probably would have let the operation go ahead if there was a chance of a cure. Joel acts fairly selfishly and saves her life over the chance for a cure, but arguably the human race is beyond saving and the chance of a cure coming from Ellie wasn't a certainty. She wasn't the first immune person they tried to create a cure from.

Joel essentially kills a bunch of people who were simply trying to find a cure for the disease, they weren't bad people. He lies to Ellie about what happened. She obviously gets the sense that his story isn't entirely true, so she straight-up asks him. But he lies again, claiming he told the truth.

Well that's what I got from it anyway.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

Anyone else find it annoying that you HAVE to loose 20% of your survivors if the enemy attacks in Multiplayer?

It should have been possible to get 0, if you did beastly good.

I just had 109 survivors, and now I'm back to 89 wow.gif

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:17 AM Edited by Futurama_Freak1, 22 June 2013 - 01:21 AM.

Part 3 of me my friend's playthough.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

I haven't finished it yet but I absolutely love Joel and Ellie and never want it to end. Please nobody spoil it for me by replying and saying something like 'They both die, there can't be a sequel'. CAUSE I WANT MORE OF THESE TWO!

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:23 AM

Can someone put up the IGN Spoiler cast on here, I'd watch it there but the IGN loading thing sucks ass

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (Hvitdverg @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 19:36)
Anyone else find it annoying that you HAVE to loose 20% of your survivors if the enemy attacks in Multiplayer?

I just had 109 survivors, and now I'm back to 89 wow.gif

yeah it's a pain but that's life.. I just finished my 12th week and I was 10 survivors short of unlocking the skull mask thanks to a firefly attack.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 13:15)
I haven't finished it yet but I absolutely love Joel and Ellie and never want it to end. Please nobody spoil it for me by replying and saying something like 'They both die, there can't be a sequel'. CAUSE I WANT MORE OF THESE TWO!

I'm 81% through now. I initially I felt as if I was rushing, but now I search everywhere for supplies. I really don't want it to end yet.

The bond between Joel and Ellie is alot stronger.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Just realised... [The Last of Us and Metro 2033]
http://imgur.com/R7H215Z

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

Multiplayers pretty fun when you get the hang of it

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

I haven't even touched multiplayer and don't know if I ever will bother.

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by billy james, 22 June 2013 - 01:06 PM.

Marlene dun goofed in the ending and Joel did the right thing in saving Ellie, what does everyone think about the ending, do you think Joel was the bad guy or the good guy

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

I am thinking about buying this game, But I can not chose between Uncharted 3 and the Last of Us. So Uncharted 3 or the Last of Us? sigh.gif

(PS: I did play Uncharted 2)

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 23:01)
Marlene dun goofed in the ending and Joel did the right thing in saving Ellie, what does everyone think about the ending, do you think Joel was the bad guy or the good guy

This is something I really love about the ending.

You just don't know if what he did was right or not. It's a very complicated choice and it really satisfies me.

It's up to you, but I just don't know.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

Man I love this game the attention to details is really awesome like when Joel is loading bullets in the revolver in the intro if you watch closely you can see that each bullet he takes from the box is modeled so that you can see what place the bullet was.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Greasepalms @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 22:40)

I just had 109 survivors, and now I'm back to 89  wow.gif

yeah it's a pain but that's life.. I just finished my 12th week and I was 10 survivors short of unlocking the skull mask thanks to a firefly attack.

Damn dude I wish I had the patience to get that far, I'm up to week 3 still I haven't touched the game since my best match ever and I'm feeling nervous to continue because I know once I lose all of my survivors I might delete the game forever

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Johacamigames @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 11:44)
QUOTE (Greasepalms @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 22:40)

I just had 109 survivors, and now I'm back to 89  wow.gif

Damn dude I wish I had the patience to get that far, I'm up to week 3 still I haven't touched the game since my best match ever and I'm feeling nervous to continue because I know once I lose all of my survivors I might delete the game forever

nah it's hard to lose all of your survivors unless you disconnect during a 100% population risk attack, but even then you have 2 more matches to hit the lowest tier.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

Man, I love the cover system in this game; and the controls are so smooth.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 19:01)
Man, I love the cover system in this game; and the controls are so smooth.

lolol.

Narrow
  • Narrow

Enigmatic Wanderer

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 13:01)

Personally I believe that Joel did the wrong thing in saving Ellie, he damned the entire world to save just one girl that he grew an attachment to.

No matter what you say about their relationship, you can't justify that.

VCRules86
  • VCRules86

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (Narrow @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 21:40)
QUOTE (billy james @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 13:01)

Personally I believe that Joel did the wrong thing in saving Ellie, he damned the entire world to save just one girl that he grew an attachment to.

No matter what you say about their relationship, you can't justify that.

Perhaps not but would you not have done the same thing if it was someone you cared about?

I know I wouldn't.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users