The Last of Us

2,470 replies to this topic
theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

Goddamn.
I just saw The Last of Us live action ad in the cinema just before Man of Steel.
To think, I just saw a movie made by the gods and in 1 month's time, I'll be able to play a video game made by the gods. wow.gif

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 14:10)
Quick question... What happens when you reach Week 12 in the Factions Mode? Are you no longer allowed to play or something?

I think you get a congratulation screen, shows a small comic-like cutscene of them living happily ever after, then trophy pops up and you get the choice to choose whichever side again

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (NYC PATROL @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 14:20)
My creepiest moment came in the abandoned hotel in the basement. You have a flashlight but It's still dark. It's flooded. It's quiet.
And you have to turn on this generator for power. And i'll leave the rest to the imagination.

Tell me about it. That part sent chills up my spine.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

The first part is up, I'm joined by another dude and a chick that has the voice of a 12 years old boy.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

Has anyone bought the Season Pass cause I did and the Grounded video that come with it don't work, everytime I try to watch it says "There are no content for download at the moment" or something like that

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 15:16)
Has anyone bought the Season Pass cause I did and the Grounded video that come with it don't work, everytime I try to watch it says "There are no content for download at the moment" or something like that

I get the same thing.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Just started playing.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Seeing that the game take place over a year, does anyone notice that Ellie looks older in the last cutscene compared to when we 1st meet her

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 21:40)
Seeing that the game take place over a year, does anyone notice that Ellie looks older in the last cutscene compared to when we 1st meet her

I wish she could stay 14 forever. icon14.gif

Oh wait she will cuz she's not real!

YESH!

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 23:47)
QUOTE (billy james @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 21:40)

I wish she could stay 14 forever. icon14.gif

Oh wait she will cuz she's not real!

YESH!

No need to be a smart ass.

Also in that lets play you said that the start killed you and your fave part come later in the game what is that anyway

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

I don't even remember anymore. We did four more episodes today and I keep saying "X" is my favourite part.

I guess I just love the whole damn game.

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:49 PM

Started playing this this morning. Holy sh*t, I had tears in my eyes when Sarah died. I felt so depressed afterwards, haha. That scene is a serious contender for one of the most upsetting video game scenes I have ever seen.

I'm absolutely loving this game. It is definitely the best game I've bought this year, so far.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 17:39)
QUOTE (billy james @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 15:16)

I get the same thing.

I just found out why the Grounded movie isn't out yet, Neil Druckmen says on twitter that there having a subtitle problem and it'll be up soon

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

There's an application on the App Store called The Last of Us Official Map App.
It's the official companion app that shows you all the collectibles and everything.
It's 1.99 and it fully deserves 5 stars.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 11:37)
There's an application on the App Store called The Last of Us Official Map App.
It's the official companion app that shows you all the collectibles and everything.
It's 1.99 and it fully deserves 5 stars.

You could do that... but there's already Youtube guides and walkthroughs on your PC or Mobile phones for the price of zero dollars and zero cents.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

So is this game good or it just the visuals that got the 10/10?
Does it have replay value or is it like Uncharted?

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 14:32)

That's quite subjective. Considering that some people, myself included, find Uncharted to have plenty of replay value.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 19:32)

Controls are great
Story is great
Graphics are great
It does deserve a 10/10

Does it have replay value? That's up to you to decide. I'm on my Second playthrough and I still find it fun and great.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 15:32)

I also find Uncharted to have little to no replay value.

TLoU, however, has lots of replay value in my eyes. Once you beat it, you can play it again on the same difficulty or a lower one (just not a higher) on 'New Game +' which means you keep all your old upgrades, which makes the playthrough really fun. Personally, I'm going to beat the game 4 times:

-Normal (already beat)
-Normal New game + (to collect all collectables)
-Survivor (challenge & trophy)
-Survivor New game + (trophy + challenge + fun)

I also find the MP to be better than Uncharted's. Not as intricate or sophisticated, but the gameplay in MP is just better than Uncharted, its more fair.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 20:01)

TLoU, however, has lots of replay value in my eyes. Once you beat it, you can play it again on the same difficulty or a lower one (just not a higher) on 'New Game +' which means you keep all your old upgrades, which makes the playthrough really fun. Personally, I'm going to beat the game 4 times:

-Normal (already beat)

I also find the MP to be better than Uncharted's. Not as intricate or sophisticated, but the gameplay in MP is just better than Uncharted, its more fair.

New game plus and multiplayer gives me enough replay value, I'll think about it and probably will pick it up for low price later, thanks.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 07:24)

-Normal (already beat)

New game plus and multiplayer gives me enough replay value, I'll think about it and probably will pick it up for low price later, thanks.

I hate it when someone said I'll buy it when the price drops, this isn't a new console dude, just look for the best place that has the lowest price and buy it, trust me dude, this is a game that needs to be played

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 23:37)

-Normal (already beat)

I hate it when someone said I'll buy it when the price drops, this isn't a new console dude, just look for the best place that has the lowest price and buy it, trust me dude, this is a game that needs to be played

I never purchase linear games for full price, not worth it.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 11:19)

-Normal (already beat)

Oh trust me, this is worth it

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

When I finished this game on normal, my total playtime was 17 hours (+ 9 minutes). Considering I'll be playing it another 3 playthroughs, I definitely think I got my money's worth.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

Part 2

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

So I just finished the New Game Plus, holy hell no matter how many times you complete it you still feel different emotions that no other game can make you feel, GTA IV can't do that, RDR can't do that, hell not even the Walking Dead can do that.

Freakorama
  • Freakorama

Freako

• The Yardies
  • Australia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

It emotions The Last of Us put me through lasted about two days after I finished it.
The Walking Dead wore off after a few hours.

You be the judge.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 00:26)

-Normal (already beat)

That's subjective. I'm sure this game is as incredible as journalistic & user reviews make out, but everyone's different.

I want this game, but I can't justify buying it now. Especially as I still haven't played two Uncharted games I bought months ago. Hopefully, it should've dropped in price after a couple of weeks.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 13:47)
QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 00:26)

-Normal (already beat)

That's subjective. I'm sure this game is as incredible as journalistic & user reviews make out, but everyone's different.

I want this game, but I can't justify buying it now. Especially as I still haven't played two Uncharted games I bought months ago. Hopefully, it should've dropped in price after a couple of weeks.

I bet it will retain a high price, both new and used for some time to come. It is an exceptional quality game.

I'm up to the Downtown level where you have to get past some clickers, so still early on. Jumped into MP and played a few matches of the mode where you have to wipe out the other team. I think it's fantastic. just getting my bearings with it because there's a lot to take in. It's got a variety and depth about it with the loadouts and crafting on the fly. It's also challenging and extremely intense. That no respawning feature really messes with your trigger finger and you really have to get out of that run'n'gun twitch shooter mindset quickly or you're toast.

Currently level 0

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

I just noticed Joel swaps the gun from one hand to another a lot. Very minor detail. Pretty neat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users