The Last of Us

2,889 replies to this topic
Dnero
  • Dnero

BLΛNKFΛCΞ

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 08:19)
Aside from the young female character looking distractingly like Ellen Page

Yup, noticed that too.

Also, the trailer for those who haven't watched.

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

Seems like a somewhat interesting game. Not like the idea hasn't been done enough times before. I do like how it seems to be inspired by 28 Days Later.

Pat
  • Pat

• GTA Series Staff
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:14 AM

I've gotten three initial feelings from this trailer: one, that this looks more like Crossed: the video game than it does typical zombie sh*t, two, that (despite my prior comment) this feels like Dead Island all over again, and three, I agree entirely with Garcia's Ellen Page comment.

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:29 AM

Its Naughty Dog developing, Im so f*cking pumped!

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Pat @ Saturday, Dec 10 2011, 21:14)
two, that (despite my prior comment) this feels like Dead Island all over again

How so? People thinking that it is going to be a new take on the zombie game genre, but when it comes out, it being a really big disappointment? It is being made by Naughtly Dog, so chances are it is going to be a great game, plus Naughty Dog has yet to fail me yet.

Also this game really looks like it is going to be a M rated game, which I believe will be the first game that Naughty Dog is making with that rating.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:42 AM Edited by Don Garcia, 11 December 2011 - 04:53 AM.

The official YouTube channel has updated the reveal trailer with the following info:

The Last of Us is genre-defining experience blending survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague. Cities are abandoned and being reclaimed by nature. Remaining survivors are killing each other for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a young teenage girl who's braver and wiser beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

Developed by Naughty Dog, The Last of Us is being made exclusively for the PS3 system.

AND a wallpaper with who I'm just going to refer to as Ellen Page, and the other dude.

user posted image

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

I'm curious to know how rioting will play a part in this game, if at all.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Friday, Dec 9 2011, 02:44)
Uncharted you mean, As for ND, doesn't look like THEIR game, I'd be doubting it. The headline is bright white, looks edited in that regard, and considering the bar and dart board, I think it's a GTA IV reference as well!

Shows how much your opinion should be valued. wink.gif

Anyway, sometimes I'm glad I own a PS3. This is one of those times. Funny that she's even called Ellie. Don't think they could have made the influence any more apparent.

Don Garcia
  • Don Garcia

Dolls Kill

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:09 AM

Seriously though.

user posted image

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Gezim @ Saturday, Dec 10 2011, 20:56)
I'm curious to know how rioting will play a part in this game, if at all.

To me it looks like this game definitely takes place decades after "the end of the world". So my guess is the riots are just the precursor. The riot imagery we've seen is probably just to get our attention.

As for the trailer. All that we can tell is that it's a "zombie" or "infected hordes" type story, with a touch of I Am Legend/Omega Man. Some actual gameplay would be cool.

Oh, and that's definitely Juno.

Gezim
  • Gezim

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:49 AM

Also to note this game has been in development for at least 2 years.

Kind of surprising not even a release window was given.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

Like it. Reminds me of a Resident evil game, but different. Glad its from a first party sony dev.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:05 AM Edited by Street Mix, 11 December 2011 - 08:45 AM.

http://savepic.su/919462.jpg

Looks like Singapore or Hong Kong.

P.S. I expected some modern political action without any fantasy elements. confused.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Gezim @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 06:49)
Also to note this game has been in development for at least 2 years.

Kind of surprising not even a release window was given.

That's about a typical build time for Naughty Dog. Ever watch the credits from Uncharted? They have Sony working alongside, with a division in San Diego IIRC, and they've likely gotten a lot of assistance throughout that whole series and leading into this project as well. Ima buy it! No doubt in my mind. Trust ND to make a great game

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 08:05)

I don't know why it is, and it's probably just me who thinks this, but the guy in the preview reminds me of an older version of Nathan Drake. It's like they used Nathan Drake's model as a base and then developed a completely new character from it.

The setting looks more like the U.S. to me than Singapore or Hong Kong. The architecture of the buildings nearest the characters doesn't really strike me as Asian.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

Or maybe ND made some fictional city and borrowed asian skyscrapers for it.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 16:05)

Looks like Singapore or Hong Kong.

Ehh, no. As a citizen of Singapore myself, it's doesn't look anything like the sh*thole here.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

Looks absolutely awful. Unoriginal, overdone, boring. Like all similar games it uses shiny graphics to conceal the fact that this story is a dead horse that hasn't so much been beaten as it has been shot, stabbed, electrocuted and tied to a wrecking ball.
Just...terrible.

Red_Queen
  • Red_Queen

VC-MP, SA-MP & GTAIV-MP Player <3

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:15 PM

This game looks awesome to me. I always wanted good survival game and this can be it. icon14.gif

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:42 PM

Looks like Sam Fisher and his daughter trying to survive in devastated New York in I Am Legend style. I like Uncharted so i guess i will try this one as well.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

Watched the trailer, looks ok, a bit Unchartedish and a bit of Dead Islandish.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

It reminds me of I Am Legend. From the trailer it looks alright. But the actual gameplay might be sh*t. Interesting nonetheless.

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 December 2011 - 03:05 PM Edited by lkkarus, 11 December 2011 - 03:13 PM.

The way Ellen page gets excited over those bullets in the trailer makes me hope it won't be straight run and gun.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

I agree, watching that preview video made me think of what Dead Island started out as, and how everyone got really hyped up from that video, only for it to turn into something unoriginal and over-done.

The fact that another company are having an attempt at this style could be a good thing though. Turn Dead Island into what everyone was hoping for, add your own twist on it, and you have the winning game. It's not this genre getting over-done that's the problem, it's the lack of imagination when it comes to the final product.

I'll watch how this one plays out with an open mind.

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

My interest has been piqued after watching that trailer. First few impressions; the characters seem okay, though I hope we play as the dude instead of the girl or at least have the option to play as him at one time or another. I like how fast zombies are featured instead of the classic slow ones. The graphics are pretty impressive, but I'm not much of a graphics whore so any graphics would probably satisfy me.

I'm a massive fan of both the zombie survival genre and Naughty Dog's games, so I'm very interested in seeing how this game turns out.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Sunday, Dec 11 2011, 11:13)
Looks absolutely awful. Unoriginal, overdone, boring. Like all similar games it uses shiny graphics to conceal the fact that this story is a dead horse that hasn't so much been beaten as it has been shot, stabbed, electrocuted and tied to a wrecking ball.
Just...terrible.

Like gtaIV? Just kidding. No offence intended if you like IV. My opinion is that the game looks OK. Not saying its gonna be great. But GTA IV is not a good game in my opinion. I can relate to a few characters, but still.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:58 PM

^ why did you bring gta4 into this? confused.gif get out here with your sh*t, seriously.

@typhus

I wouldn't judge this game just yet. True, there are a lot of zombies games/zombie modes in games this generation but none have ever gotten them quit right in this generation. Seeing as naughty dog is developing this, it should be good.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:55 PM

I think Dead Rising did a good job but it wasn't really a serious game, more of a funny game with a laugh.

And I'd agree that no zombie game has gotten it quite right yet. RDR Undead Nightmare was fantastic though, probably the closest yet despite just being a DLC. Makes you think what R* could do in a fully fledged zombie game

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

People are doing it already. They're infected, not zombies.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:45 PM

Judging from the trailer, it looks rather interesting - usually, I have no interest at all towards zombie/post-apocalyptic games, but this one looks worth paying attention to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users