The Bianco Crime Famiglia

22,857 replies to this topic
MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Congrats on R5!

Also, what do you guys think of these cars?

http://rochester.cra...3451843077.html - Old Continental

http://rochester.cra...3432915151.html - New Continental

http://rochester.cra...3456009574.html - Old Fleetwood

http://rochester.cra...3433001530.html - New Fleetwood

http://rochester.cra...3433687375.html - DeVille

I'm looking at all five, to see which one is worthy of being my first car. xD

The Wong Asian
  • The Wong Asian

"Don is still a useless piece of sh*t"

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (SwagStag69 @ Sunday, Jan 6 2013, 04:49)
So uhhhhh well... There talking about firing Kondo and hiring me as the six star general and slot holder of SAAS...... biggrin.gif

Oh sh*t. I wont say anything about it, but ever since we merged, DOC people have been leaving but I might stay and see where I get placed.

And doug you guys got henry in SAAS now..

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

Thank you for the input, Jungle... -_-

The Wong Asian
  • The Wong Asian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (MIDEVL @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 00:30)
Thank you for the input, Jungle... -_-

What about my input?

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (The Wong Asian @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 07:50)
Thank you for the input, Jungle...  -_-

What about my input?

Your input would be appreciated. cool.gif

SRB
  • SRB

Riding the highway to nowhere.

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Only the caddys are worth the money. The others are complete rip offs and not worth buying.

If your looking for a first car, good luck with any of those, it's going to be expensive. Also with a v8 and all that weight, your gonna pay a sh*t ton on gas which consumes most of any kids money anyways.

Sorry to be a downer, but buy something gas-efficient and reliable for a first car. Start working, save money and buy a nicer/ higher end car when you know you can afford it. icon14.gif

@Don, I had family over and me and my brothers were talking to a friend of the family on xbox and got kinda carried away. We ended up staying in that game for like an hour and a half and then went to forza and I forgot all about everything.

----------------------------

I'm gonna do my best to try and take a day off tomorrow. I'm feeling my throat getting scratchy, and I feel kinda hot even though the temperature isn't hot. I don't know, I could use a relax day anyways.

The Wong Asian
  • The Wong Asian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (MIDEVL @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 00:51)
QUOTE (The Wong Asian @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 07:50)
Thank you for the input, Jungle...   -_-

What about my input?

Your input would be appreciated. cool.gif

My input on what?

I figured it out. But I personally don't car for any of them.

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

It's going to be expensive owning one of those? Yeah...

I figured that much, but they're 20 miles to the gallon, roughly, and I'll probably only do 15-20 miles of driving per day... When I'm older I'll probably look back and think I'm a dumbass, but for now I just want a Lincoln or a Caddy.

And also... Lincolns are worth the money, too. They're nice cars. sad.gif

@Jungie - Alright...

Sam97
  • Sam97

=AoD=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

You should get a Reliant Robin.

SRB
  • SRB

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

I would kill to have 3 thousand dollars for a car. Insurance is expensive on different cars. Caddys and Lincolns are expensive. Trust me, when I first started my hunt for a first car I wanted a 240sx, or a camaro but I'm guessing our views will always differ because of our family and financial situations. You buying your first car/ whats your price range?

The Wong Asian
  • The Wong Asian

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (MIDEVL @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 01:00)
It's going to be expensive owning one of those? Yeah...

I figured that much, but they're 20 miles to the gallon, roughly, and I'll probably only do 15-20 miles of driving per day... When I'm older I'll probably look back and think I'm a dumbass, but for now I just want a Lincoln or a Caddy.

And also... Lincolns are worth the money, too. They're nice cars. sad.gif

@Jungie - Alright...

Well like for me, I drive about 20 miles one way to get to school, so when I was picking out a car on craigslist, I was only looking a cars that got great gas milage, and dependable. If I had a job and such, I would have gotten truck or a BMW.

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (SRB @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 08:05)
I would kill to have 3 thousand dollars for a car. Insurance is expensive on different cars. Caddys and Lincolns are expensive. Trust me, when I first started my hunt for a first car I wanted a 240sx, or a camaro but I'm guessing our views will always differ because of our family and financial situations. You buying your first car/ whats your price range?

My price range is anywhere from 1000 to 5000.

It depends on how much money I earn within the next year.

My dad said he'd pay 50% for my first car, so it's not really that I'm a spoiled jackass, I just have a 50% bargain, which will go towards insurance, rims, paintjob, or all that other sh*t that I'd want for vanity or prestigious purposes...

My financial situation isn't that good, but I figure the cheapest car I'll get is $1,000, no matter what kind I get. So I might as well get a nice, cheap car that will turn the heads of everyone at school, too.

Plus I have 4k in investments, and I can delve into that if I need to, but I plan on working at a convenience store as soon as I turn 16.

It's my first car, but like I said, I mostly want to turn heads.

@Jungie, I was thinking about planning on getting a 3k 1980s BMW that's for sale locally at this one lot, but screw that. Repair/insurance on foreign cars are through the ass.

SRB
  • SRB

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

I know how you feel. Your lucky though your parents will pay half. Not saying spoiled, cause most kids have their parents help or pay for their first car. Hell, my sister had her car paid for, my brother got his truck for free and my other brother got his car for a 6 pack of beer so whatever works.

Of course everybody wants a good looking car. To be completely honest that 2002 Lincoln doesn't appeal to me. The older one is cool but not really realistic. I like cars like Buick roadmasters, fleetwoods and comfortable sedans but most kids in school won't see them that way. Most kids will see it as like an old persons car, or a handmedown car or something. They'll think you got stuck with it. Don't get me wrong they're great cars but only people who know anything about cars in general will know their true value.

If I were you, I'd buy myself a pickup truck, or a 2dr coupe, maybe a manual to have some fun and use that for a while. Save you gas, reliable and cheap is plenty easy enough. Use the money you would have used and f*ckin save dude. Save that, you'll be working with a car or truck and save work money for a year and you'll have yourself a pretty nice whip in a year or so.

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:57 AM Edited by MIDEVL, 07 January 2013 - 10:09 AM.

Tbh, the lincoln 2002 looks like sh*t, the 1979 is too much, and probably too f*cked on gas, so the caddy's are the most realistic for me at this moment...

And I figure, old people car, when people call cars 'old people cars' I explain to them that old people are the only ones with enough class or money to afford them.

But I see what you're saying, but I look out at my school's parking lot, I see buicks, I see decent teacher cars, and I see trucks. Lots of trucks.

So I want something different, and nice. The gas itself probably won't have much difference between that and a Buick, depending on the year and model... And any car cheaper than $1000 would be just sh*t. Plus I'd take it to a mechanic before-hand to check it out, see if it's worth it.

So if it's worth it under the hood, I might as well buy it. Especially because once I graduate, and I'm 20 or 25, or even 30, it turns from an old people car into a nice vehicle that other people'd love to have.

And imagine that each car's painted black. Disregard color, unless it's black or something it's an old people's car.

... Think of it this way... If I had my mind set on one of those five cars, which one would you suggest?

Edit: I just learned that the longest tenured boss in the history of the American Mafia was in Buffalo. Kinda nuts, huh. Small world.

Edit 2: Damn, quite a bit of mob history in upstate NY, the Apalachin Meeting and what not...

http://en.wikipedia....lo_crime_family
http://en.wikipedia....er_crime_family

Edit 3: I gotta empty out my f*ckin' closet.

Edit 4: Forgot to mention this, but apparently I look like Sal Mineo from when he played in Rebel without a Cause

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by Mr White0161, 07 January 2013 - 04:36 PM.

Like I said to you MID, pretty much everything your looking at is an end user meaning your going to be last to own/drive it and no matter how you play your cards you'll be out of cash, that's just how it works. I know you want a Caddy or Lincoln but the ones you're looking at are sh*t and you'll be spending more money on them in the long run than you would if you went with a mid-late 90's BMW or something like that. Personally I'd be looking from anywhere between 1990-2000 I know there are no Caddy's or Lincolns in those years that you'd like but it's the best era for price and parts. Stop thinking about your vanity and "oh won't I look cool in this" and start thinking more like an economist. For Example, yes it's out of the 90's you could pick any of those DeVille's up for at least $1,500 under asking price. The great thing about those cars there is they are pushing 10+ years old and parts can be easily found and cheap. Also when you're looking for a car don't use anything other than Kelly Black Book. Anywhere else you'll most likely be getting ripped off and wont have as great of a selection.

SRB
  • SRB

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

The smart play is going with something realistic. I don't know if your parent's willw ant to pay that 50% on a car like that. They will think your crazy. Plenty of rich kids I know from my town or myself could have gotten some older, caddy, or muscle car but nobody does. It's just not a good car for a first car.

Trust me, your not gonna wanna put more than 50 bucks every 2 or so days just to get to school. More than that probably

If you don't want a pickup, look for a 5 speed 2dr coupe somewhere. Quick, gas saver and probably reliable. Well, can't garuntee reliability that depends on what you get. tounge.gif

For me, I looked at cars like 240sx because they are quick, cheap on gas , reliable and it's a fun car all around. Or I looked for older dodge ramchargers or chevy pickups so I could use it as a daily driver until I save enough for a car I really want.

----------------------------

Stayed home today, getting on now.

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Alright... Now begins my arduous test of typing this without looking like a total jackass...

I did my research, looked up the KBB pricing, with/without specifications.

So either this car is a decent bargain, or a complete POS. But I'd take it to a mechanic and bring my mom's BF along for a second opinion on site, he's a car nut.

I'm not trying to sound like a jackass when I say this, and Don, I know, 90s Cadillacs are probably what I'll go with, if I even get a cadillac. I might just say 'f*ck it' and get an oldsmobile for a first car, depending on my situation.

I'd be smart about it, I'm not saying I'd go out and buy a shell of a car, just because it looks nice. I want balance. I'm not thinking unrealistically, I'm just thinking about something long term, that I'll enjoy owning for the next X years.

All I'm really trying to say, I'm not going to be a dumbass about it, I know I'd be buying it 'as is' unless there was a clause in the contract and whatnot.

KBB Link w/o specs
http://www.kbb.com/c...6.../condition/

KBB Link with specs
http://www.kbb.com/c...6.../condition/

Car I picked out of the other 4
http://rochester.cra...3433001530.html

I hope that post just didn't dig the hole deeper.

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Those old Dodge powerwagons are f*cking awesome, things never die, go like stink, badass looking, powerful and you can get sh*t done in them.

Like I had previously said before, one of those mid-late 90's BMW's are very good reliable and fuel efficient cars. Could probably find an old '87 or '92 5series for $2,500.

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Mr White0161 @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 21:16)

Like I had previously said before, one of those mid-late 90's BMW's are very good reliable and fuel efficient cars. Could probably find an old '87 or '92 5series for $2,500.

My cousins all drive Dodges, so they'd probably love me if I got one. biggrin.gif

But Actually, kind of coincidental you say that. There's an old white BMW, late 80s early 90s looking model for sale at this used car lot for like 2.5 or 3 grand. But I just figured that repair costs would be too much, because it's an import and whatnot...

Also, looked up insurance rates for the caddy, ranging from 260/m to 468/m if I go all out, but the 260 is decent coverage... Is that too much to pay? I did it on Progressive, but I have 0 insurance experience.

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

They say 5mil should be a minimum, 3 if you're rocking a motorcycle. That's only a couple of hundred bucks a year.

If that BMW is good condition I would seriously check it out. They are great, fun, cool, fuel efficient and make perfect first cars. If you have steady job than repairs and upkeep shouldn't really cost you anything. The thing about imports is the repair might be a bit pricey but that is only once in a blue moon, as long as you drive it and don't let it sit the thing will work like a Mexican trying to get his family over the boarded.

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Mr White0161 @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 21:30)
They say 5mil should be a minimum, 3 if you're rocking a motorcycle. That's only a couple of hundred bucks a year.

Are you talking about insurance?

And yeah, I've never really considered an import... But I might, now.

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Yes I am talking about insurance. The numbers sound high but in reality they really aren't. Essentially that makes sense (especially for new drivers) because what it does is covers any accidents that may happen to you or others and taking possible hospital and repair bills into account the insurance pays out.

That's why you usually see people driving the POS Honda Civics and what not from the 80's because they are cheap, fuel efficient and run until there is a serious problem with them.

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Mr White0161 @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 21:40)
Yes I am talking about insurance. The numbers sound high but in reality they really aren't. Essentially that makes sense (especially for new drivers) because what it does is covers any accidents that may happen to you or others and taking possible hospital and repair bills into account the insurance pays out.

That's why you usually see people driving the POS Honda Civics and what not from the 80's because they are cheap, fuel efficient and run until there is a serious problem with them.

True enough...

And when you said 5mil, that mil didn't stand for million, did it?

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (MIDEVL @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 21:42)

True enough...

That's exactly would it stood for. It doesn't mean you pay 5mil or get 5mil it means if a serious accident ever happens while you are behind the wheel you are covered.

Unfortunately I have no idea how your insurance system works, probably f*cked in many ways, ways designed to f*ck you.

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Mr White0161 @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 21:43)
QUOTE (MIDEVL @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 21:42)

True enough...

That's exactly would it stood for. It doesn't mean you pay 5mil or get 5mil it means if a serious accident ever happens while you are behind the wheel you are covered.

Unfortunately I have no idea how your insurance system works, probably f*cked in many ways, ways designed to f*ck you.

More than likely, because when I did the sh*t, I saw nothing about millions.

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Insurance is like a casino, no matter what you do, how much you pay, they will take you for anything they possibly can.... except there are more flashy lights in a casino than an insurance office.

MIDEVL
  • MIDEVL

BCF Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Mr White0161 @ Monday, Jan 7 2013, 21:50)
Insurance is like a casino, no matter what you do, how much you pay, they will take you for anything they possibly can.... except there are more flashy lights in a casino than an insurance office.

True enough... confused.gif

lamboto
  • lamboto

Hungry Chicken

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

You seem sad according to that face, have a cookie! cookie.gif

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I still think that "cookie" looks like a pizza.

lamboto
  • lamboto

Hungry Chicken

• Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Now that you say that it really does. Have a pizza cookie!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users