Photo

Could you explain that "Magical Feeling"

4 replies to this topic
TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:46 AM

I was a bit young being 6 back in 01, so I wasnt like "oh hey, comes out in this amount of days". Nonetheless though, I did get it a few months after it came out. I do remember the commericals being out until Vice City got announced and I do remember the magic feeling playing that game, but I wanna know how yall felt when you guys first got your hands on GTA III.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (TrialzGTAS @ Thursday, Dec 1 2011, 20:46)
I was a bit young being 6 back in 01, so I wasnt like "oh hey, comes out in this amount of days". Nonetheless though, I did get it a few months after it came out. I do remember the commericals being out until Vice City got announced and I do remember the magic feeling playing that game, but I wanna know how yall felt when you guys first got your hands on GTA III.

I was looking through my cousins PS2 game collection after being super pissed i couldn't drive well in GT3. I pickup GTA III and I remember saying "Let's try this". I put the game in and that "ROM OK RAM OK" sign pops up, there it was, R* GAMES. I remember thinking that was the coolest name. Being 7 years old I didn't care about the intro or the cutscene so I kept pressing X.

I'll never forget the words, "I know a place on the edge of the red light district where we can lay low, but my hands are all messed up, so you better drive brother".

I got in the car and started driving and tried to make the first turn and ended up killing some peds lol.

And from there, everyday after school, not doing hw, not playing outside, not doing anything except for turning on that ps2 and seeing what my day in Liberty City would be like.

A few weeks later my cousin rented Vice City and I kept calling it GTA 4. lol.

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

There's already a topic for this: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=475580

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:41 PM

Ah, I don't think there WAS a magic feeling, but I knew this game looked like the kind of thing I had in mind to play, it wasn't until VC that I had both to fully get engrossed in, Having it to do over, I would have spent more time getting to know GTA 3, I think I felt it still a rough challenge due to the aged and simplistic controls, in other words, it's certainly been improved, and I think the new designs for GTA should implement a revised PS Vita GTA III portable as well as the ones they've been considering already

Criѕtian
  • Criѕtian

2K14

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

It's a subjective thing, you know. I know probably more people on these boards like the other newer GTA games, but for others this game was something special.

The most fun I had was with GTA I and III, those were the first in the series that I played and the nostalgia for them is bigger for me. But I guess it is also the modern atmosphere that attracts people, myself included, and the grittiness of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users