Photo

Riot Mode!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic
GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:06 AM Edited by GRINCH ASS BITCH, 01 December 2011 - 05:09 AM.

Lol, I agree with you.

Everyone keeps saying that zombies are "overused," yet very few games have managed to get zombies "right." Actually, no game has managed to do zombies right in my opinion. Every zombie game puts you in a situation where you're barely able to survive, have overpowered zombies, and generally shi­tty weapons (although this varies from game to game). No current-gen game has actually given the player an advantage, you're always at a disadvantage. With GTA, it'd be the complete opposite.

Grand Theft Auto's world would be damn near perfect for a zombie cheat (I don't want any DLC or anything like that, just a simple cheat). Being in an open-world environment with cars, tanks, APCs, fu­cking fighter jets, etc, the zombies wouldn't stand a fu­cking chance (unless they're overpowered or they pounce you from behind while you're on foot).

The ensuing slaughter would be glorious. For the record, I wouldn't want the cheat to turn every pedestrian into a zombie, just the majority (so that I could see a group of people running from a group of zombies and choose whether I'd like to help them or not). You would have so many different places that you could go to escape the zombies and take a breather, the combat would be almost entirely under your control. No zombie game has given a player that kind of freedom.

Like I said, I'd only like to see it as a cheat, not some DLC-ish side story.

brs320
  • brs320

Algonquian

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:45 AM Edited by brs320, 01 December 2011 - 05:59 AM.

QUOTE (GRINCH ASS BITCH @ Thursday, Dec 1 2011, 05:06)
Lol, I agree with you.

Everyone keeps saying that zombies are "overused," yet very few games have managed to get zombies "right." Actually, no game has managed to do zombies right in my opinion. Every zombie game puts you in a situation where you're barely able to survive, have overpowered zombies, and generally shi­tty weapons (although this varies from game to game). No current-gen game has actually given the player an advantage, you're always at a disadvantage. With GTA, it'd be the complete opposite.

Grand Theft Auto's world would be damn near perfect for a zombie cheat (I don't want any DLC or anything like that, just a simple cheat). Being in an open-world environment with cars, tanks, APCs, fu­cking fighter jets, etc, the zombies wouldn't stand a fu­cking chance (unless they're overpowered or they pounce you from behind while you're on foot). 

The ensuing slaughter would be glorious. For the record, I wouldn't want the cheat to turn every pedestrian into a zombie, just the majority (so that I could see a group of people running from a group of zombies and choose whether I'd like to help them or not). You would have so many different places that you could go to escape the zombies and take a breather, the combat would be almost entirely under your control. No zombie game has given a player that kind of freedom.

Like I said, I'd only like to see it as a cheat, not some DLC-ish side story.

:') This. Times a hundred.

Integrate it with Pantera2198's ideas, and we're in business, imagine driving through hoardes of zombies in Downtown LA, and you run out of gas and have to fight through the hungry undead to jump into an abandoned vehicle? BA.

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:51 AM

Which one do people rather, zombies cheat or riot cheat? IDC which ever one(I know that I've been against zombies in the past, but now you guys have convinced me that they'd be fine in a GTA game). So which one zombies or riots?

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (thatguy23 @ Thursday, Dec 1 2011, 01:51)
Which one do people rather, zombies cheat or riot cheat? IDC which ever one(I know that I've been against zombies in the past, but now you guys have convinced me that they'd be fine in a GTA game). So which one zombies or riots?

In all honesty, I'd like to see both cheats added into the game.

Going back to my previous post, imagine entering the zombie cheat and having 50% (or 75%) of the pedestrians turned into zombies. Then enter the riot mode cheat (or I guess the "peds attack each other" cheat is what we're talking about) and watching the battles unfold.

The remaining humans going toe-to-toe with the zombies (assuming you can also enter an "everyone is armed" cheat) would be pretty damn cool. It'd definitely add to the zombie atmosphere and make it feel like you're not the only one trying to survive in the city (or country/desert, which would actually be an ideal place to hide from the zombies).

Of course, since all of this would be implemented as cheat codes, it would be entirely optional. If you don't like zombies, that's perfectly fine, if you do like zombies, just enter the cheats.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE (GRINCH ASS BITCH @ Thursday, Dec 1 2011, 05:06)

I actually have to say that I thought Dead Rising was pretty good at what you described here, and was pretty easy. However, I still don't think that it got is right because of other problems like the mission structure and forced linearity, so I think zombies in GTA would be good.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:02 PM

Just a code for peds with guns, and another for peds all attack. No Zombies required

AerialRocket
  • AerialRocket

The one they fear

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

No this is Grand theft auto not Tots TV

squaredb
  • squaredb

sleeping with a sneer

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Ratone @ Wednesday, Nov 30 2011, 14:57)
I wish there were actually Riots "In Game", not just because of cheats.

If you go to a gang neighborhood and start shooting/blowing sh*t up, the whole community should freak out, some people would start running, some people would start shooting you, if the cops show up there would be a lot of shootouts and fleeing people. In short, people should be more aggressive or scared in places where sh*t happened, it can't be just "Oh only people who saw this crime is freaked out", if there is some maniac blowing sh*t up people will run.

Agreed, expand upon gang members current ability to pull you back out of their car jacked rig or how they group a few together to fire upon the player after being agro'ed.

jdbug28
  • jdbug28

RP - Simmer

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (thatguy23 @ Thursday, Dec 1 2011, 05:51)

i perfer riots but im not fussed if zombies are part of a cheat code. its not my style

Devbinks
  • Devbinks

The Virtual Drifter

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:30 PM Edited by Devbinks, 02 December 2011 - 09:38 PM.

Yes! Riot Mode is a MUST for the GTA games. Lack of fun cheats is why GTA IV had no replay value at all, for me. Running around, doing the usual stuff is only fun for so long before I feel a need to activate a fun code to change things up a bit.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

Zombies blow. You had enough zombies in the past years...

Killuminati786
  • Killuminati786

Ganja In My Brain

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:45 PM

- Riot Mode
- All peds have weapons
- Zombie Mode (75% of peds are zombies)

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Can we have a poll for this? Personally, if there is one cheat that HAS to return to GTA V its the Pedestrians Riot cheat:

Would be so much fun with the new physics and weapons.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

I wouldn't like it if it was like SA, where 95% of cars were on fire, and the other 5% were heavily damaged. Other than that, I would love it, because there would be even more people running into the street for me to plow down devil.gif

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 21:51)
Can we have a poll for this? Personally, if there is one cheat that HAS to return to GTA V its the Pedestrians Riot cheat:

Would be so much fun with the new physics and weapons.

Necroposting. Nice one.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

Necroposting?

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

From Urban Dictionary.
Necroposting

The act of posting in a forum thread that is too old to matter any more, or has served it's purpose.
Usually by new, inexperienced members of the board.

A common trait of someone necroposting is not to only bring one old thread back from the last page before deletion, but to fill up the entire first page with threads that only they seem to think have relevance to anything.

In other words, you bumped a topic that hadn't been posted in since December 2011. Don't worry, mistakes happen.

Starz
  • Starz

Niko

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, I'd like to see this make a return smile.gif

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:11 PM Edited by PaddsterG2k3, 20 September 2012 - 11:13 PM.

Haha. Never heard that one. I'm neither new nor inexperienced. Why create a new one when there's a perfectly good one from the not too distant past? What the search button is for. Plus I've been on the forum for 9 years - December 2011 doesn't seem that long ago! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

What's your opinion then mate? Would you have the pedestrians riot cheat back?

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 23:11)
Haha. Never heard that one. I'm neither new nor inexperienced. Why create a new one when there's a perfectly good one from the not too distant past? What the search button is for.

You do have a good point, sorry if I sounded a little harsh, haha.

To answer your question, I'm all for rioting pedestrians returning. It was hilarious to play around with it in GTA III Era games. The only way to do it in GTA IV is with mods if you have the PC version. I surely hope it returns in GTA V as a cheat.

PaddsterG2k3
  • PaddsterG2k3

The Bee's Knees

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 23:14)
QUOTE (PaddsterG2k3 @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 23:11)
Haha. Never heard that one. I'm neither new nor inexperienced. Why create a new one when there's a perfectly good one from the not too distant past? What the search button is for.

You do have a good point, sorry if I sounded a little harsh, haha.

To answer your question, I'm all for rioting pedestrians returning. It was hilarious to play around with it in GTA III Era games. The only way to do it in GTA IV is with mods if you have the PC version. I surely hope it returns in GTA V as a cheat.

Yeah I've seen those mods - look quality. I'd like to see a melee only version of the cheat (knives, bats etc) as well as the all weapons one.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

No need to bump a year old topic. Just make your own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users