Photo

RDR Ideas for GTA V, and Some of my Own

55 replies to this topic
mediocore
  • mediocore

This is the last dance for mister Lance Vance

• Members

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (A White CJ @ Monday, Nov 28 2011, 03:16)
ASSASSIN'S CREED STYLE INVENTORY!
One thing that GTA does NOT need to take from RDR is the fact that both games have you carry every weapon you collect. Assassin's Creed style would be good; you can only have one of each class at a time, and store the classes at your safehouse.

This is basically already in GTA. You buy a weapon, you buy a different weapon of the same class, it replaces the previously purchased weapon in your inventory.

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:25 PM

Well, I CAN'T speak for GTA IV's inventory system, so it may already work the way I want it to. But I know that in RDR you purchased a weapon and you purchased ammo, and they were separate. In San Andreas you purchased ammo for a weapon, and if you needed to buy more ammo or if you wanted to switch weapons, tough luck: you had to pay a ton of money to get a modest amount of rounds. I don't know if it's that way in IV.

Now, the Assassin's Creed system was realistic and didn't bother me, and if we have more than one safehouse, it would give us a good incentive to go out and buy more weaponry. In RDR, for example, there was nothing left once you bought all the Horse Deeds and weapons.

If keeping track of your weapons and clothes is really that hard, then putting the ability to see what's in your safehouse when you click it on the map would help.

But I can understand why 90% of people would hate such a system.

CalgaryJay
  • CalgaryJay

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

Good thoughts, but aside from car insurance, I'm not a huge fan of them. I get you're looking for more realism, which I enjoy as well. But most of these ideas would just slow down the game and make it much more tedious. Having certain clothes only in 1 location (on a supposedly massive map)...only being able to keep a certain small amount of weapons on you...having to actually run a business with detail...all these things would get annoying I think, and make the game drag a lot.

I like the push for realism R* started with GTA IV, but at its roots GTA is still a fun, fast-paced, murderous rampage. Starting to put things in your wishlist into the game would just make it labourous, and take away from its roots.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:17 AM

You guys remember trying to lasso a deer in Red Dead? Proved not everything was possible just because you had a rope, BUT, still always thought that was neat, and offered plenty of fun ideas in the game. Dead Eye for GTA would not be something I'm in favor of, but the weapon selector I got used to and felt it was intuitive actually

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (CalgaryJay @ Saturday, Dec 3 2011, 23:36)
Good thoughts, but aside from car insurance, I'm not a huge fan of them. I get you're looking for more realism, which I enjoy as well. But most of these ideas would just slow down the game and make it much more tedious. Having certain clothes only in 1 location (on a supposedly massive map)...only being able to keep a certain small amount of weapons on you...having to actually run a business with detail...all these things would get annoying I think, and make the game drag a lot.

I like the push for realism R* started with GTA IV, but at its roots GTA is still a fun, fast-paced, murderous rampage. Starting to put things in your wishlist into the game would just make it labourous, and take away from its roots.

On the subject of businesses, it would be a middle-ground between just generating more money and a full-on business simulator. Businesses would include such things as prostitution, gambling, and narcotics; you'd have to hire employees and buy supplies, and they'd turn it into money.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:40 AM

I think that's less RDR and more RPG. What happened to Skyrim, get bored of that already?? hahaha

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

Me? Never played Skyrim and never want to. Fantasy isn't my cup of tea. I found Fallout 3 to be very interesting, but it's just not GTA style.

The thread was originally RDR ideas, but I added some from AC and some I made up out of thin air.

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:47 PM

Just rent IV man! Give it a try. See how the RAGE works in GTA. It's awesome.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (A White CJ @ Saturday, Dec 3 2011, 22:55)
QUOTE (Jeeebuuus @ Saturday, Dec 3 2011, 06:35)
QUOTE (A White CJ @ Saturday, Dec 3 2011, 06:21)
QUOTE (jamieleng @ Monday, Nov 28 2011, 13:21)
I'm sorry but I can't take suggestions for GTA V seriously, when they come from someone who hasn't even played IV. The only other GTA game there is on this generation's consoles.

To say you're not going to play a game, a R* game nonetheless, because the graphics are four years old is just an embarrassing statement to make. The graphics on last gen's GTA's weren't all that compared to other open world games. Driv3r (shudder) & Scarface had better 'graphics' & larger maps than III & VC but R*'s games pissed all over them in every other aspect.

I did read your post though, as it's rude to post without at least reading the first.

I didn't say that I didn't buy it because of it's graphics. I didn't particularly want it because of lack of contents, and the graphics being a bit behind just solidified my position. In any game, you weigh Gameplay, Graphics, and Plot against each other. I generally put Gameplay and Plot in high standing, but I don't care so much about GTA Plots (unlike a game such as Assassin's Creed or the like, where Plot is a major part). With low Content and low Graphics, that was two strikes against it.

You haven't played GTA IV and you don't want too because its graphics and content don't meet your standards? What? How would you know, you haven't played it. You probably shouldn't play V either because its not going to have the most realistic graphics compared to other games out today.

Well, you can, you know, judge it based on what you see. sarcasm.gif "Don't judge a book by it's cover" is ridiculous, as that's the way you choose whether or not to try something in the first place. I don't see much of a reason to spend my money and time on GTA IV, as it doesn't look that interesting to me by this point.

All of my judging is based off of professional reviews and laymen's reviews. Most people I've heard say that it's just boring once you're through with it.

AND FOR THE LAST TIME, graphics are a SECONDARY concern to me. I got Fallout 3 instead of Fallout: New Vegas despite 3 having worse graphics, and I am going to get Just Cause 2 despite it's graphics being a bit outdated. MY PRIMARY CONCERN IS THE CONTENT.

I can tell you now GTA IV has more "quality" content than Just Cause 2 (giant empty copy/paste map) & Saints Row 1, 2 & 3 combined. It is also a more sophisticated open world game than RDR. It had to combine air, sea & land vehicles each with their own physics. If you don't want to play IV, at least give EFLC a go as that added some of the more extreme elements that SA had. I can't believe you would pass up 30+ hours of some R*'s best work, for say what $15-$20 brand new?

I tell you what though, if you buy GTA V you are going to find the vehicle handling a bitch for the first 5-10 hours of play. I actually hated it at first, I honestly thought R* had ruined the GTA franchise, I wouldn't have it any other way now.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

Now you got me HOPPIN' MAD! Red Dead Red one-ups GTA IV in every regard, and I say that in the best possible way, because I spent more time playing both games then any other, it's why I'm seemingly so obsessed. You wait your whole life for games this good. And to be honest, you guys don't know that perspective if you were born in the 1990s! hahaha

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:29 AM

Okay. I've heard before that Just Cause 2 is mostly repetitive map.... and all there is to do is rampaging. It was the massive map that sold me on it.

Jeeebuuus
  • Jeeebuuus

AKA So-crates

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

A white CJ has a dense mind. rolleyes.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (A White CJ @ Monday, Dec 5 2011, 03:29)
Okay. I've heard before that Just Cause 2 is mostly repetitive map.... and all there is to do is rampaging. It was the massive map that sold me on it.

It may be massive, but its also very empty and dry. LC has so much more character and atmosphere so I'd take an LC style map over JC2 any day.

Anyway, stop trying to come to conclusions on games you haven't played, you're looking ignorant.

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:49 PM

I investigated your claim, and you spoiled my whole mood for Just Cause 2. The review called it a "toy", basically.

I knew the plot was probably not very good and that the voice acting was awful. If the world's not even that good, probably no point getting it.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

GTA V needs the gun shooting physics form RDR but even more improved. When you killed someone in RDR, the NPC's reactions were very realistic and you can sort of feel how strong the bullets are with each gun by the way NPC reacts to each shot

annie_himself
  • annie_himself

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Carbine23 @ Monday, Dec 5 2011, 20:28)
GTA V needs the gun shooting physics form RDR but even more improved. When you killed someone in RDR, the NPC's reactions were very realistic and you can sort of feel how strong the bullets are with each gun by the way NPC reacts to each shot

The pistols in GTAIV feel like BB guns compared to RDR. I loved shooting the horses when running and watching it flip. Same with the wolves and coyotes.

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:34 AM

The graphics of RDR first blew my mind when I shot a man at point blank range in the head, and then looked at his body through my scope. THERE WERE BRAINS LEAKING OUT. I was really stunned at the detail.

dukee152
  • dukee152

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:42 AM

I say a better idea is to buy cars but it would ruin the import export minigame if you did that what would have to happen is the import export will have a profit/loss system where if you buy the car rather than steal it you wont make money.

add water
  • add water

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:15 AM

gang hideouts

for example you enter a warehouse and its full of mafia guys

SimMaster
  • SimMaster

San Andreas Explorer

• Members

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (A White CJ @ Monday, Dec 5 2011, 21:34)
The graphics of RDR first blew my mind when I shot a man at point blank range in the head, and then looked at his body through my scope. THERE WERE BRAINS LEAKING OUT. I was really stunned at the detail.

Or basically anytime during sunrise or a storm in the desert. Just amazing.

Zemand
  • Zemand

Zxog_1012

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

I personally think that the RDR weapon wheel system was the best. It allowed you to carry more than one weapon in one class, and it was very organized. The inability to carry more than one weapon in one class in GTA IV got on my nerves. Sometimes I wanted the 9mm, sometimes the Desert Eagle. Let's not make things too realistic, either. lol.gif

Zemand
  • Zemand

Zxog_1012

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

And yes, the graphics for RDR were f***ing amazing! So was the story! It was like a movie. I instantly fell in love with the game, and I will probably still be playing it when new technologies have evolved, if they ever do tounge.gif

D3L3TD
  • D3L3TD

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (A White CJ @ Monday, Dec 5 2011, 07:49)
I investigated your claim, and you spoiled my whole mood for Just Cause 2. The review called it a "toy", basically.

I knew the plot was probably not very good and that the voice acting was awful. If the world's not even that good, probably no point getting it.

In a way, Just Cause 2 is more about the massive map, the varied environments, and the various ways of causing havoc. Because of the entire world being open from the start, the developers probably thought the missions as a bonus, so they never put much effort into it. This is just my opinion though.

If you think you won't like it, at least play the demo.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (AlecOfTheWest @ Monday, Nov 28 2011, 03:22)
I agree with all of your suggestions, especially the regenerating health one. Ever since the Call of Duty games became popular, every other shooting game has had it; it completely eliminates all strategy.

I disagree. I absolutely loved RDR's mechanics compared to GTA IV's; it was easier to be shot down but health regenerated. It also made taking cover necessary and added extra strategy.

Personally for RDR, I would get in cover, pop out with guns blazing until I was almost dead, went back into cover to wait for my health to regenerate, then hope for the life of me that the bad guys didn't sprint and flank me to finish me off. GTA IV, on the other hand, I just equipped an M4, crouched, killed dozens upon dozens of policemen without any strategy at all, took who-knows-how-many bullets, then ran to a soda machine and continued until I got bored.

Either way, RDR's system probably won't work because of body armor/increasing health capacity, but a man can dream.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Sunday, Dec 4 2011, 22:25)
Now you got me HOPPIN' MAD! Red Dead Red one-ups GTA IV in every regard, and I say that in the best possible way, because I spent more time playing both games then any other, it's why I'm seemingly so obsessed. You wait your whole life for games this good. And to be honest, you guys don't know that perspective if you were born in the 1990s! hahaha

RDR is better in every way except the health system which makes it hard to die and the characters felt very stiff when falling.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (DeafMetal @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 18:12)
QUOTE (AlecOfTheWest @ Monday, Nov 28 2011, 03:22)
I agree with all of your suggestions, especially the regenerating health one.  Ever since the Call of Duty games became popular, every other shooting game has had it; it completely eliminates all strategy.

I disagree. I absolutely loved RDR's mechanics compared to GTA IV's; it was easier to be shot down but health regenerated. It also made taking cover necessary and added extra strategy.

Personally for RDR, I would get in cover, pop out with guns blazing until I was almost dead, went back into cover to wait for my health to regenerate, then hope for the life of me that the bad guys didn't sprint and flank me to finish me off. GTA IV, on the other hand, I just equipped an M4, crouched, killed dozens upon dozens of policemen without any strategy at all, took who-knows-how-many bullets, then ran to a soda machine and continued until I got bored.

Either way, RDR's system probably won't work because of body armor/increasing health capacity, but a man can dream.

IV's AI was stupid. In RDR the AI is better but they still couldn't kill you easily. If there's health regen you should die in 2 shots. If its classic they need to make the AI smarter and make you die in 6-7 shots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users