• Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

Buying Vehicles
Can we buy cars in GTA5?

The Benefits

• Purchased cars will never disappear.
• You can find the car you want, rather than driving around for hours looking for it.
• It will give more value to the car, a feeling of "It's mine!"

Short Introduction

I believe in GTA5 players should have the ability to purchase one "special" vehicle. It's yours forever, like Johnny's bike or Yusuf's Super Drop Diamond. This vehicle (whether a car, truck, van, or motorcycle) will NEVER disappear. It can explode, be driven into the ocean, be parked in front of a train, etc. However, in these circumstances, it will respawn at a local Pay n' Spray and you can buy it back.

Parking

Players can park their car in any parking lot across the game for as long as they want. It will never disappear. On the other hand, if a player leaves their car in the middle of a park or street, it will respawn at a local Pay n' Spray. There, the player will have to pay a small fine for towing. (Keep in mind, cars will only be towed if a player actually leaves the area for a long period of time.)

Damages

If a players car becomes undrivable, it would reappear (brand new) at a local Pay n' Spray. There would be some fees for the repair, depending on the damages. The good news is you can sink it, light it on fire, drive it off a cliff, etc. It will always be your car.

Purchasing Cars

Players can purchase cars online or at the various car dealerships across the game. Car dealerships have a smaller selection, but much better deals. Online websites has every car purchasable, but higher prices. (Link)

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

I like the idea. We should be able to choose special features we want in the car too. And by features I'm talking about similar customizations we could get from the mod garages in San Andreas - hydraulics, nitro, custom paint jobs, spoilers, etc...

But yeah, to be able to park a car in a lot or at the curb like you can in real life and *Not* have it disappear after you walk too far away from it would be a good feature imo. To have it sorta stick with you like Johnny's bike did is a good idea. icon14.gif

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

purchasing cars that re spawn at our garages / parking spots after we loose them would be great. also introducing unique cars only available through purchasing / importation.

this idea is really good, but it Wont happen. sad.gif i hope im wrong.

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

why would online cars be more expensive?

Jesse92
  • Jesse92

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

Now that sounds like a great idea you got there! biggrin.gif

I loved how in TBOGT you could use Yusuf's Super Drop Diamond and it would always respawn near middle park no matter what state you left it in when you lost it. I Really hope you can buy your own personal cars in GTA V, that would be awesome!

smile.gif

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

it would be cool, but you are forgetting that this is grand THEFT auto

Long_Haired_Boy
  • Long_Haired_Boy

Whilst everyone's lost, the battle is won

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

I hope we can have them delivered and repaired so we never loose them-like in Saints Row.

If NOT!!

IMA BE PISSED R*

Yuh hear meh? rahkstar2.gif

Tomern11
  • Tomern11

RIP forums.gamer.co.il

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

Buying cars would be lovely, but as aforementioned - this franchise is based on stealing cars since it's inception. Buying cars in a game like this would be strange.

I believe that they should bring back the "Transfender" for cars though.
But, good idea anyway mate. cookie.gif

The_Mario_Man
  • The_Mario_Man

Every 5 Minutes

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:15 PM Edited by The_Mario_Man, 26 November 2011 - 09:31 PM.

If I remember right, the 'Things to do in San Andreas' mod added a functioning impound lot to SA. If you were busted while in a vehicle it was taken to the lot, and you payed a small fee to retrieve it. That might be a nice thing to have in a personally owned vehicle. Such a feature likely wouldn't apply to stolen vehicles since... they're stolen. (But seeing them sitting in the lot waiting for their original owners would be a neat detail).

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:18 PM

Don't forget we could buy cars in San Andreas at the import/export docks. So the concept of purchasing vehicles isn't completely foreign to the series, this is merely an alteration of the idea. Naturally you can just steal any vehicle as well, that won't be going anywhere. But it would be nice to be able to have a vehicle that will always come back to us should we ever lose it.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

buying cars in V would be epic, but would be epic if you can make your car CP and it would cost alot

TonyPro
  • TonyPro

Snitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (sonnyBlack @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 21:18)
Don't forget we could buy cars in San Andreas at the import/export docks. So the concept of purchasing vehicles isn't completely foreign to the series, this is merely an alteration of the idea. Naturally you can just steal any vehicle as well, that won't be going anywhere. But it would be nice to be able to have a vehicle that will always come back to us should we ever lose it.

I agree. And it adds to the game. No reason to say we can't buy cars just because the game is called grand THEFT auto. Its a crime game but you can also do odd jobs that are legal

iGrandTheftAuto
  • iGrandTheftAuto

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

I like that idea. For a minute there I was about to say why buy a car when you could steal one. I like the idea if you buy a car it wont disappear.

JesperRohrsel
  • JesperRohrsel

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

The games TITLE is Grand Theft Auto?

zachmt123
  • zachmt123

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

Good idea.

ko3219
  • ko3219

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (Hydro_PlayboyX @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 21:04)

That dosent mean that we have to steal it

Conbon
  • Conbon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

I actually had a similar idea except instead of the cars respawning at a pan n spray there would a car impound in the game where you could either par a fine to get it out or break in and bust it out your self.

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:38 AM Edited by Ispintechno, 27 November 2011 - 12:42 AM.

I'm all for it. Yes the tittle is Grand Theft Auto, but we can also fly planes (hopefully) and helicopters, shoot guns, kill people, blow stuff up, eat fast food, go bowling or play darts, drink, go to the strip clubs, rob and steal other things not just limited to cars... so the title of the game as a reason to exclude game play features is too narrow to accept. Simply save your money for hookers if you don't care for the idea.

If we could buy a car and have it continually respawn at a safe house I'd be pretty happy.

Also if they simply spawn at your safe house and this limits the number of cars, you could have a buy or sell option, and when full the buy option goes away?

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

The only reason I bring it up is because it was in Bully and Red Dead Redemption. In Bully you can buy a bike; in Red Dead, you can purchase your own horse. As silly as it may sound, buying a horse/catching a horse from the wild was entertaining. It made that horse a lot more personal, rather than me just stealing it. You earn it, you buy it, it's yours.

LIN93MKVIII
  • LIN93MKVIII

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:09 AM

If you want to consider the realism factor then some of the most rarest cars should only be able to be bought once you have enough money at a dealer(In real life you can't steal a supercar and drive around in it casually). Plus, customization may be exclusive to cars you own. But that would stray away from GTA's grassroots.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

I'd actually rather have it where if you explode the car, dump it in the ocean you are forced to
re-purchase it at full price. Instead of it respawning at a pay-n-spray. This would make money more valuable in the game.

Oh man i'm about to go on a "ways to spend money in GTA V" rant. tounge2.gif

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:21 AM

I agree with NYC PATROL on the part were if you total it, you should still be f*cked up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Also when it gets towed for being parked in the middle of the street or something it should be taken to a police impound lot and not the pay 'n spray.

I also agree with grope_4_that_date about in RDR where if you broke a wild horse or bought one it felt like you earned something, not just got it from some poor old guy who bought it, I never really felt like that in GTA but it'd be nice to be like hey man, I just spend my $100k from that drug deal on a new car type of deal.

Also some cars should only appear in dealers/online, not to many but maybe one or two special ones, also getting a car online you should be able to get a special color or something you canít find on the streets or a normal dealer, kinda like a special order deal, pick you colour and itíd have some special options.

So yeah Iím behind this idea 110%.

IzzyCole
  • IzzyCole

Geektar and Cigarettes , Big Tits and Lipstick

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Hydro_PlayboyX @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 21:04)

icon14.gif

Exactly why buy cars when you can steal em?

Mikepanter
  • Mikepanter

x360: mvdk26

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

It would be a nice idea but yeah, why buy cars while you can steal `em?
Maybe special cars you only find in the last city, and you want it in the very beginning.

It would be better to SELL cars. It is how you can earn money. But then realistic, not 50.000$ per n00bcar but 7.500,00$ if you are in a really good car?
Maybe 300,00$ for an Dilletante or something?

LTomi
  • LTomi

Pro-American

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

Great idea, I've always wanted to really OWN a car in the previous GTA titles, not just to steal it, park it and lose it...

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

i would like to see that in V like in chinatown wars

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Even real car-jackers probably have their own car so this would be good idea.Johnny Klebitz already have his own bike that would respawn at the begininning of every mission so its quite possible for V.And also you can call your friend for car deliveries like in TLAD and TBOGT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users