Photo

[WIP] IV:SAł 'World Enhancement'

7,783 replies to this topic
GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

I seem to be having problems with the game freezing after just a few minutes of play. I've used a completely clean copy of GTAIV (steam version) to install the mod and I have the peds and epm add-ons installed and up to date. At first I had the draw distance slider maxed, but that would make the game freeze even quicker. I've dialed it back to the default and I can play longer, but it will still eventually freeze before I can even make it out of Los Santos. I'm using the xliveless that came with the install and I have .NET fully updated.

This is my second time reinstalling GTAIV itself and the mod to no avail.

Any insights on what the problem might be?

dragon20
  • dragon20

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Wednesday, Apr 17 2013, 15:26)
Too bad it was never brought to my attention there is a waterfall in IV. It was piss easy to add it.

hey Blaster_nl this will come as a update for gta iv san andreas beta 3 or not??

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (GTAGuy @ Saturday, Apr 20 2013, 01:28)
I seem to be having problems with the game freezing after just a few minutes of play. I've used a completely clean copy of GTAIV (steam version) to install the mod and I have the peds and epm add-ons installed and up to date. At first I had the draw distance slider maxed, but that would make the game freeze even quicker. I've dialed it back to the default and I can play longer, but it will still eventually freeze before I can even make it out of Los Santos. I'm using the xliveless that came with the install and I have .NET fully updated.

There are a couple of things not right. For instance, the map loads so many objects in the distance, it could be too much for the game\pc too handle, and will crash instead. I've had that myself when I put the view distance slider too far. Also, we use a lot of external scripts, any one of them could lead to a crash at some point. I know that the 'trafficFlow' script isn't too good (for this mod) and I had crash reports of it.

So, what you could try: Set the view distance very low, (the lowest is about the same as original SA) and remove 'IVSA_TrafficFlow.net.dll' in the scripts folder. If getting out of LS keeps crashing, try a different route. Or just spawn yourself elsewhere with the trainer.

Dragon20, Nah, I need more stuff to make an update.

dragon20
  • dragon20

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 13:11)

There are a couple of things not right. For instance, the map loads so many objects in the distance, it could be too much for the game\pc too handle, and will crash instead. I've had that myself when I put the view distance slider too far. Also, we use a lot of external scripts, any one of them could lead to a crash at some point. I know that the 'trafficFlow' script isn't too good (for this mod) and I had crash reports of it.

So, what you could try: Set the view distance very low, (the lowest is about the same as original SA) and remove 'IVSA_TrafficFlow.net.dll' in the scripts folder. If getting out of LS keeps crashing, try a different route. Or just spawn yourself elsewhere with the trainer.

lol ok, but you will release this or not?

Mega
  • Mega

''This is Head Radio, A Love Media Station.''

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

He said I need more stuff to make an update. , incase you didn't see it

GTAGuy
  • GTAGuy

Muten Roshi

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 08:11)

Thanks. I tried removing the trafficflow script, but that didn't solve the problem. I finally lowered the draw distance 1 notch lower to 3 and that seems to have fixed the problem. I drove pretty much around the perimeter of the entire map without issues.

Sebr
  • Sebr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hey guys,
My GTA version is EFLC 1.1.1.0.
I have a problem with GTA IV SA crashing through the loading screens. Before start the game,it has crash every time,I have trying to reinstall the mod and EFLC has several times ,but it still not work sad.gif .

And then,I trying to remove my savegames file,but it still crash sad.gif

Can you help me???

(sorry, I am bad in English)

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

Don't bother reporting problems, mod is on hault, possible that it won't continue and most of the crashing problems cannot be resolved.

dragon20
  • dragon20

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:05 PM Edited by dragon20, 23 April 2013 - 02:12 PM.

QUOTE (GTARandom @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 12:48)
Don't bother reporting problems, mod is on hault, possible that it won't continue and most of the crashing problems cannot be resolved.

hey man why you guys don't put this map on the mod is much better than original map.

user posted image

original size -> http://img268.images...aaerialmap2.jpg

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:27 PM

'Permission' is the key word for that. ^

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (dragon20 @ Tuesday, Apr 23 2013, 16:05)
hey man why you guys don't put this map on the mod is much better than original map.

GTA Hud style is cartoonish, not reaslitic. It has always been that way.

@JF-Mir2, Permission for what? To use a top down render of the game world??

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

Nvm .. didn't know that radar was a render. Thought it was hand-made.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:36 AM Edited by jaysteels, 01 May 2013 - 09:24 AM.

The Norwegian translation is gruesome!

flitskikker
  • flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (RogueGhost87 @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 19:34)
QUOTE (flitskikker @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 12:40)
QUOTE (RogueGhost87 @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 15:53)
Hi

Does anyone have a solution to that annoying clicking sound when playing, also Nortans is picking up IVSApatcher.bin as a virus I know it's a false positive but it's removing it

Norton or Norman? Doesn't matter actually, they both suck.
Maybe you can send the file in as false positive?

About the clicking sound, those aren't occurring here and I haven't seen reports from others about it either. What do they sound like?

Sorry been away from my PC for quite sometime

Mod is Stable for me so far love the atmosphere of sunny San Andreas, I've reinstalled a few times and haven't had any problems with Nortons detecting any false positives

With the Clicking sound it resembles the sound when opening a folder in windows , but doesnt bother me since it only happens in the start up and menu then stops

Thanks again

Those clicking sounds are from the Launcher that redirects the in-game browser (shown at the menu) to our IV:SA page.

Hey guys,
I have a problem with GTA IV SA crashing through the loading screens. Before start the game,it has crash every time,I have trying to reinstall the mod and EFLC has several times ,but it still not work sad.gif .

Can you help me???

Update to EFLC 1.1.2.0.

You can contact the original translator(s) or register at the translation portal.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (flitskikker @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 20:46)
QUOTE (RogueGhost87 @ Thursday, Apr 18 2013, 19:34)
QUOTE (flitskikker @ Sunday, Apr 14 2013, 12:40)
QUOTE (RogueGhost87 @ Saturday, Apr 13 2013, 15:53)
Hi

Does anyone have a solution to that annoying clicking sound when playing, also Nortans is picking up IVSApatcher.bin as a virus I know it's a false positive but it's removing it

Norton or Norman? Doesn't matter actually, they both suck.
Maybe you can send the file in as false positive?

About the clicking sound, those aren't occurring here and I haven't seen reports from others about it either. What do they sound like?

Sorry been away from my PC for quite sometime

Mod is Stable for me so far love the atmosphere of sunny San Andreas, I've reinstalled a few times and haven't had any problems with Nortons detecting any false positives

With the Clicking sound it resembles the sound when opening a folder in windows , but doesnt bother me since it only happens in the start up and menu then stops

Thanks again

Those clicking sounds are from the Launcher that redirects the in-game browser (shown at the menu) to our IV:SA page.

Hey guys,

Can you help me???

Update to EFLC 1.1.2.0.

You can contact the original translator(s) or register at the translation portal.

This makes me wonder if it might be possible to modify the games in game internet, besides textures.

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, May 1 2013,20:19)
This makes me wonder if it might be possible to modify the games in game internet, besides textures.

How do you edit the in-game web page textures anyway? I could never figure it out. All I see are .whm files that I can't open.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (Deadly Target @ Wednesday, May 1 2013, 23:09)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Wednesday, May 1 2013,20:19)

How do you edit the in-game web page textures anyway? I could never figure it out. All I see are .whm files that I can't open.

They are in /pc/textures, everything with prefix 'web'

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

Thanks! I don't think that's all of them though, the other textures must be embedded in the whm files.

EverLost123
  • EverLost123

Wololo

• Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

I'm still impressed about how this topic still exists

I thank all the team who are still working on this, specially flits , since the beggining he helps us a lot and he did a lot of useful tools

biggrin.gif

Alexey1906
  • Alexey1906

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Any news about mod?

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (Alexey1906 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:16)
Any news about mod?

It discontinued after the release of Beta 3.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Where can I get the translations?

flapflap
  • flapflap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Hi, I downloaded GTA IV:SA but when it copies 1911.dll, it doesn't work! I have a 1.0.7.0 version GTA 4 on PC.

ples halp

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (flapflap @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 18:51)
ples halp

Oh god, you need to read before posting, dude.

Sorry for useless comment.

flapflap
  • flapflap

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:43 PM Edited by flapflap, 15 May 2013 - 08:47 PM.

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 20:22)
QUOTE (flapflap @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 18:51)
ples halp

Oh god, you need to read before posting, dude.

Sorry for useless comment.

I posted before reading cause I need it ASAP and TL;DR.

also, the 1911.dll error is not mentioned in the showcase, readme or anything in the mod. So, I really don't need your smartass telling me that.

Ragnarok635
  • Ragnarok635

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

is anywy to add icenhancer to this mod?

flitskikker
  • flitskikker

The Forums Frog

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Prince Gumball @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:34)
Where can I get the translations?

They are in IVSA.lng, but everything is being managed over at Transifex:
https://www.transife...ects/p/gtaivsa/

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:16)
Any news about mod?

"Busta, straight busta."

From GTAIV:SA forums:
As many of the fans know that the dev team is not replying on their website.So I have a good news for you guys.

If you havent seen the Official FB page of GTA IV SA,They are updating regularly and seems like Beta 4 is in Final Stages of Development !

According to what I have seen,is that the beta 4 will also include peds in the game...!!!
They have also posted some screenshots of los santos with peds !.

And they have stated that
More screens from one of other cities to hit tomorrow!

Means more FUN.Thumbs up for The MOD team guys !

This is back from March 2013 though. No idea if anything has changed since then.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 02:00)
QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:16)
Any news about mod?

"Busta, straight busta."

From GTAIV:SA forums:
As many of the fans know that the dev team is not replying on their website.So I have a good news for you guys.

If you havent seen the Official FB page of GTA IV SA,They are updating regularly and seems like Beta 4 is in Final Stages of Development !

According to what I have seen,is that the beta 4 will also include peds in the game...!!!
They have also posted some screenshots of los santos with peds !.

And they have stated that
More screens from one of other cities to hit tomorrow!

Means more FUN.Thumbs up for The MOD team guys !

This is back from March 2013 though. No idea if anything has changed since then.

I wasn't aware someone typed that, I haven't visited the IVSA forum for ages.

I have to disappoint you and tell you beta 4 isn't in development, not by me, not by anyone else.

I won't work on this mod any longer, there is no skill to gain in converting games.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Tuesday, May 28 2013, 00:19)
I wasn't aware someone typed that, I haven't visited the IVSA forum for ages.

I have to disappoint you and tell you beta 4 isn't in development, not by me, not by anyone else.

I won't work on this mod any longer, there is no skill to gain in converting games.

Damn, oh well. Maybe one day a team of modders will be able to totally convert III, VC, or SA.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users