Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will all the characters be modeled after..

7 replies to this topic
Brawly
  • Brawly

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:56 AM

Well it's already quite certain that the main protagonist is a real actor, so it would look funny if all the other characters faces were fake looking like in GTA IV.

So I wonder if all the characters in the game will be modeled after real people, they do look pretty realistic looking this time around.

I like the idea since I didn't like how the characters looked in GTA IV, they looked weird as hell.

Vegetarian Piranha
  • Vegetarian Piranha

Make my day Jew!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:04 AM Edited by Vegetarian Piranha, 26 November 2011 - 07:06 AM.

is your post going by the whole Ned Luke theory?

it wont really bother me if they model characters to look like real actors, but as long as they are decent i guess.

Brawly
  • Brawly

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (Vegetarian Piranha @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 07:04)
is your post going by the whole Ned Luke theory?

it wont really bother me if they model characters to look like real actors, but as long as they are decent i guess.

Yeah it's the most solid theory, even though it's not confirmed.

I just hope it's not like L.A Noire motion scan because it's not needed in GTA.

Duxfever
  • Duxfever

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:12 AM

As far as I know, Rockstar's been doing this since The Ballad of Gay Tony, or Red Dead Redemption.

So it's definitely safe to say we'll be seeing three-dimensional renditions of the voice actors.

Vegetarian Piranha
  • Vegetarian Piranha

Make my day Jew!

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:13 AM

i hated motion scan, the faces were good but i thought the body language didnt always match the emotion if you get what i mean.

PJ Awesome
  • PJ Awesome

\m/

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

I disagree with your thread.

J-B
  • J-B

Blood Drenched

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:26 AM

Well I wouldn't be surprised to see major and supporting characters modeled after real people but I doubt peds and cops will have that same treatment. Also in RDR the random townsfolk had quite nicely done face models and I'm pretty sure they weren't modeled after real people.

OT:I hardly think there's enough evidence to be "quite certain" that the Ned Luke character is the protagonist , but that's just me.

Brawly
  • Brawly

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:29 AM

As far as I know, Rockstar's been doing this since The Ballad of Gay Tony, or Red Dead Redemption.

So it's definitely safe to say we'll be seeing three-dimensional renditions of the voice actors.

Not exactly they didn't have real faces in RDR or TBOGT that I know of, in GTA V it seems more like an exact 3D scan of his face not modeled after him.

i hated motion scan, the faces were good but i thought the body language didnt always match the emotion if you get what i mean.

I agree, the heads also looked too big and weird, but it's forgivable since part of the game was to read people.

I disagree with your thread.

Well that's a very helpful reply with no explanation what so ever.

Well I wouldn't be surprised to see major and supporting characters modeled after real people but I doubt peds and cops will have that same treatment. Also in RDR the random townsfolk had quite nicely done face models and I'm pretty sure they weren't modeled after real people.

OT:I hardly think there's enough evidence to be "quite certain" that the Ned Luke character is the protagonist , but that's just me.

Yeah I know I worded it wrong I was certain that the guy on the balcony is modeled after a real person.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users