Photo

Is it worth buying a new Wii?

4 replies to this topic
Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:57 AM

Hi guys, I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this. Basically my girlfriend told me that she wants to get her sisters and parents a Wii for Christmas. I told her I wasn't sure how smart of an idea that was because I had heard that a new Wii was supposed to be coming out in the near future. I'm personally not a huge Wii fan so I pay little attention to it but I've been trying to do some research for her as to when the Wii-U might come out and how much longer will titles for the current Wii be published but I'm not having much luck. Does anyone have any insights on this?

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

If it's for her parents, chances are they aren't gamers and so won't be disappointed they don't have the newest Wii console available. There's a solid chance they won't even know about it. Save yourself some trouble and some money and get them the current one.

Craig
  • Craig

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Forty @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 02:01)
If it's for her parents, chances are they aren't gamers and so won't be disappointed they don't have the newest Wii console available. There's a solid chance they won't even know about it. Save yourself some trouble and some money and get them the current one.

Yep, pretty much agree with this sentiment. If it's for a family home, chances are that party games are going to be the focus. With the Wii-U, sure, we'll see a step up in terms of gaming experience, but the fun never seems to evapourate from things like Wii Play and Wii Sports for families. My dad bought one and still finds it amazing he can hold the controller like a remote and play golf with the damn thing. He also finds it mindblowing that he can pop zombies in the head with the same controller slot neatly inside a gun case. He doesn't give two knobs of goat cheese about gaming, he just finds it fun enough. Most casual gamers do. You'll be fine with a regular Wii I think.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (Craig @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 02:16)
QUOTE (Forty @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 02:01)

Yep, pretty much agree with this sentiment. If it's for a family home, chances are that party games are going to be the focus. With the Wii-U, sure, we'll see a step up in terms of gaming experience, but the fun never seems to evapourate from things like Wii Play and Wii Sports for families. My dad bought one and still finds it amazing he can hold the controller like a remote and play golf with the damn thing. He also finds it mindblowing that he can pop zombies in the head with the same controller slot neatly inside a gun case. He doesn't give two knobs of goat cheese about gaming, he just finds it fun enough. Most casual gamers do. You'll be fine with a regular Wii I think.

Yeah that definitely makes sense... I guess my concern was more that her sisters (14 and 15) are not hardcore gamers but do like things like Mario and Party Games, so I kind of worried that when the new games come out they will only be on Wii U...

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:59 AM

Wii has enough games for you to last years of playing.

At first I was like "Was it ever?" when I read the title, but after reading the post it makes sense for me now. I know 2 couples, both over 45 and they play their Wii occasionally, so you should get away with the recent one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users