Call of Duty: Black Ops II

1,029 replies to this topic
Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

black ops is actually the only cod game I like, the cold war setting is probably what makes me like it. Multiplayer was really laggy on pc though

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 01:03)
black ops is actually the only cod game I like, the cold war setting is probably what makes me like it. Multiplayer was really laggy on pc though

Why? It doesn't even feel like a cold war setting. They didn't even bother to make the weapons authentic to that era. That's how afraid they are of innovation. The only Cold War era game that actually makes the setting feel real is Metal Gear Solid 3. Well, as far as I can remember. There may be others.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

I don't know enough about guns to spot when they are from the right era or not, as far as I could tell most of the weapons fit in to that era though.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 01:32)
I don't know enough about guns to spot when they are from the right era or not, as far as I could tell most of the weapons fit in to that era though.

It doesn't feel like it's set in the Cold War regardless of the guns. I mentioned guns to point out how pathetic, lazy and afraid of making something authentic they are.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:40 PM

Activision always milk their franchises like this. I love how back in 2007 Call of Duty 4 felt like a really big leap from Call of Duty 3 but 4 instalments later the engine still feels the same. They don't even try to improve much. Nowadays it's just a big cash-cow. I'm expecting it to meet the same fate as Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 00:38)
QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 01:32)

It doesn't feel like it's set in the Cold War regardless of the guns. I mentioned guns to point out how pathetic, lazy and afraid of making something authentic they are.

well what else is there that makes it feel like it's not set in the cold war to you because when I played the game it certainly did, the vietnam levels (despite being an obvious rip-off of apocalypse now) were fantastic.

Michaś
  • Michaś

No US for me in 2014... BLNT

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

Black Ops was the last CoD I've ever bought. No more CoD until they make something new and not just recycle the game.
@up what's wrong with your signature?! It makes my eyes hurt.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:46 AM Edited by John The Grudge, 17 April 2012 - 07:48 AM.

It appears that MW3 has failed to equal the sales of Black Ops. I'll be interested to see how Black Ops 2 sells. I think that Treyarch's efforts to eliminate boosters, quick-scopers and other cheap/cheating tactics plus the fun game modes that never made it into MW3 may have made the difference. I also think the cold war setting may have captured people's imaginations more. Of course Treyarch included other modes such as a top-down game, a text adventure and the Zombie mode.

I can't say I'm excited for it but as with most COD games, you get your money's worth right up to the point you trade it in.

Michaś
  • Michaś

No US for me in 2014... BLNT

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Yeah, the Zombie mode in Black Ops is really awesome. I love it to bits.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

First of all Russians in Vietnam... and you don't need to know alot to realise that a sh*tton of the weapon details and weapons are just plain wrong. RIS/RAS railed guns in the f*cking sixties? Give me a break, die in a fire. Its just so you can add scopes and reddots without having to worry how to model it properly with oldschool mounts (let alone the fact reflex and holographic sights were non existant back then aswell).

And the atmosphere wasn't there. A sh*tty story delivered with Michael Bay's focus on "all things that need to be blown up"...

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Guys Do...you seriously think that The Iw engine will be use for Cod9? I hope it gets An upgraded engine... i mean Should it be different to Mw3 Or should they keep the engine? confused.gif

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

I loved the story from Black Ops... it's my favorite in the series. Don't mind if the engine is the same, if there's a new engine on the next console gen., I'm happy.

PS: Make the story 5-6hours longer. f*ck Multiplayer.

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Is there even hype for Call of Duty now? I've barely heard anything about MW3 since release from friends or other sites.

GTASAIDEAMASTER
  • GTASAIDEAMASTER

Made in china.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

CoD died for me after Black Ops.

Uuh,we are a popular franchise,let's make a 1hour story,add some new maps to the multiplayer and charge 60 euros for it!Let's do it every year and be even richer!

Seriously...Battlefield ain't any better though.

Toup
  • Toup

Group: Cheesedicks

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

I've played 1-3 CODs and they were awesome. I remember replaying the crap out of them. Didn't pickup 4-Mw3.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

Loved COD 1 to 4,but then thing go south wery fast.WAW and BO campaign wasnt bad,and WAW got best soundtrack in the series. But i expect that COD,BF and MOH would soon be abandoned when sales start dropping and studios closed,and Activision and EA move to next cash cow they could find.I only recently play through rented MW3 to see how it ends,and it was nice adrenaline shot,but nothing else.Kids would probably move to something else soon like CS GO or what ever else is released soon. Also,what ever happened to game that West and Zampela,creators of COD,were supposedly making for EA?

JohnnyBNL
  • JohnnyBNL

Flying Dutch Man

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

I play Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare these days once again, back to basic, when all was good with the franchise. Call Of Duty is going down if they don't do some innovation!

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (JohnnyBNL @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 18:07)
I play Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare these days once again, back to basic, when all was good with the franchise. Call Of Duty is going down if they don't do some innovation!

The game continues to sell greatly so they aren't going to fix something that isn't broken in their eyes. Some people like buying a new game each year for the new maps and multiplayer so it will continue to sell.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (gta3kuruma @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 23:32)

weapons accurate for the time;

Skorpion (not named as such, Skorpion name only became popular with the later civialian versions)
UZI (used by US covert forces, delivered from Israel)

M16 (so many variants developed during the 60's, no real issue...burst is only in MP so that's justifiable)
Enfield (just not used by the damn CIA)
M14 (shame it wasnt full auto as it used the E2 model)
FN FAL (again, so many variants from different countries so hard to tell at a pinch)
AK 47 (dont say silly things)
Commando (yup, even with a flat-top...only thing out of place is the rear sight)

Olympia (generic Over/Under, not much to say)
Stakeout (represents the stand pump action Ithaca/Remingtons/Mossbergs etc)
HS10 (rare, though available)

HK21 (finally we're getting somewhere, bit odd mind you)
RPK (like the Commando, only the rear sight is anachronistic)
M60 (epitomizes GPGM's during the Cold War)
Stoner 63 (my only qual was that we couldnt play about with it like real life!)

Dragunov (been around for a damn while)
PSG1 (G3 series has been around since the stone age, so not far out being fair)

M1911 (around since the stone age)
Makarov (rear sight again...damn Treyarch and your time travelling aftermarked sights!)
Python (Colt six shooter, been around longer than the 1911)

that's just the basics done, which would have made the game feel a bit bare...so in a way you can understand Treyarch adding a lot of anachronistic weapons to keep up with MW2's varied armoury...kinda felt like COD 4 only had basic faction weapons, so WaW had one Bolt Action, one SMG etc per faction...then MW2 blows that out the water with TF141's up to date high tech gear, so it felt like Treyarch wanted to compete by using the SOG excuse of "yeah they super elite special forces so they can use what they like".

I just hope BO2 has an accurate armoury for SP, throw in as many WA2000's, TAR 21's and such in MP. my only real hope is flashbacks to the Vietnam jungle with a platoon using M16's , NCO's with Commando's...embody the spirit of 'Nam and then get back to the 70's...hopefully see a bit of blaxplotation, some over the top action movie type story line...becaue that's about all we can expect from Treyarch now. first they tried throwing in some Fight Club style backstory...wonder if they'll try Inception next?

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

For me Call of Duty died after COD4 for me after being a loyal fan since Big Red One & COD2. I will admit that i did find something to enjoy in World at War, MW2, Black Ops but NOT MW3. i hated MW3 so much. The campaign was good but multiplayer was so bad in my opinion. They really did go downhill, i miss the basic WW2 shooter that it used to be

IceWolf729
  • IceWolf729

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

@Claude4Catalina: Don't forget about the PM 63, Walther MPL, China Lake and M72 disposable anti-tank weapon, those are also accurate for the time period. I would have liked it more if they put more chronistically accurate weapons in the game, I really love to see older weapons in games smile.gif
I'll just name some of the biggest mistakes, very anachronistic:
- the FAMAS F1 FELIN (which only appeared in the 1990s)
- the Steyr AUG (which only entered service in 1978 if I am not mistaken).
- the full-auto version of the CZ 75 (the pistol itself was only made, as the name suggests, in 1975 but the full-auto variant was not made until the 1990s)
- the L96 sniper rifle
and some more
Go to imfdb.org, search for Black Ops to see a full run-down of every weapon in the game, if you're a gun enthusiast smile.gif
- @Carbine23: Yeah, I always enjoyed the SP campaigns in every Call of Duty I played, even though they could be longer. But, MP-wise, I also have to agree that I like MW2's and Black Ops' MP more than MW3...

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

One things that really sets me off the modern warfare series is how easy it is to snipe.

Some say 'Snipers are meant for sitting in the bushes and shooting'
Well in a game like call of duty this doesn't work, being more on the defensive side with a sniper is what should be aimed for on call of duty, now i think Black Ops had it perfect, Aim in time was fantastic, only thing i disliked was hit detection, don't say it is lag because i play bots on combat training with the sniper and it still happens, i should right into their back from very close range and don't get a hit marker.

If they fix hit detection and make snipers the same as in Black Ops i think they are perfectly balanced and require some skill to use, unlike the modern warfare series, MW = sprinting around sniping, Black Ops = Advancing with the sniper moving from location to location.

It is a perfect mix between being a bush wookie and a rusher.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Sniping on Crap Ops was horrible, none of the maps really supported it and it was hit markers galore. CoD 4 and MW2 sniping was pretty good. If Crap Ops 1.5 has that bloody ELITE rubbish I ain't buying it. I think I'll just rent this Call of Duty although they'll probably implement some online pass.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 12:25)
Sniping on Crap Ops was horrible, none of the maps really supported it and it was hit markers galore. CoD 4 and MW2 sniping was pretty good. If Crap Ops 1.5 has that bloody ELITE rubbish I ain't buying it. I think I'll just rent this Call of Duty although they'll probably implement some online pass.

I agree with the inability to snipe because of the maps on Black Ops. Most of the maps were either small or had lots of cover so sniping was non-existent. Instead of sniping everyone used the AK-74u or other SMGs. Hopefully there will be 1 or 2 open maps where you can use the sniper in BO2.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 04:36)
QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 12:25)

I agree with the inability to snipe because of the maps on Black Ops. Most of the maps were either small or had lots of cover so sniping was non-existent. Instead of sniping everyone used the AK-74u or other SMGs. Hopefully there will be 1 or 2 open maps where you can use the sniper in BO2.

Did you ever play CTF on array? Prime sniping map.

I should have added to make the snipers do more bullet damage, not quite enough one shot kills, the snipers weren't crap though, you guys just do not know how to use them right.
I have had many very successful games using the sniper rifles because i used them at the appropriate times, not as my go-to weapon.ym

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

I have so many memories with the L96A1!

Tomahawk, flash grenades and double wielded revolvers.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Wednesday, Apr 18 2012, 11:00)
One things that really sets me off the modern warfare series is how easy it is to snipe.

Some say 'Snipers are meant for sitting in the bushes and shooting'
Well in a game like call of duty this doesn't work, being more on the defensive side with a sniper is what should be aimed for on call of duty, now i think Black Ops had it perfect, Aim in time was fantastic, only thing i disliked was hit detection, don't say it is lag because i play bots on combat training with the sniper and it still happens, i should right into their back from very close range and don't get a hit marker.

If they fix hit detection and make snipers the same as in Black Ops i think they are perfectly balanced and require some skill to use, unlike the modern warfare series, MW = sprinting around sniping, Black Ops = Advancing with the sniper moving from location to location.

It is a perfect mix between being a bush wookie and a rusher.

I admit to getting slightly addicted to all this QS hype in MW2. At first, I couldn't understand why someone would choose an Intervention as their primary weapon on a small, mainly-indoor-based map, but then after a few tries with the Intervention, I was hooked. At first, I used to just stand at one side of the map, along with all the other noobs, and just pick people off, but then I got abit more advanced and was quite good at sprinting around and QS'ing people...smoking a few joints always seemed to help with this, lol.

I'd love to see this return soon. People either love or hate QS'ing, but I feel it was wiped out in MW3.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

Just let you know that Call of duty 9 announcement is coming Next month.... check out gameinformer For More

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 23:31)
Just let you know that Call of duty 9 announcement is coming Next month.... check out gameinformer For More

Seems reasonable since the MW3 announcement came around this time last year.
Man can't believe E3 is coming up soon again.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Thursday, Apr 19 2012, 12:31)

It's rumored to be Black Ops 2. If it is.... bored.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users