Photo

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

1,027 replies to this topic
Leve-O
  • Leve-O

Sic Parvis Magna

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:27 AM

idk about you guys, but I need VARIETY when it comes to video games.

lkkarus
  • lkkarus

Trick

• D1RTY12
  • Canada

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:38 AM

Somebody's surprised that they annualized the franchise and had stated that they would do so for the past, maybe, 4 years? tounge.gif

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:58 AM

I also don't see the point of whining about it. I play other games too. I have Skyrim and Battlefield 3 for instance. And I partake in other titles like Gears and some R* titles such as RDR, GTA, and can't wait for MP3.

But the point is, I love Call of Duty. I've played them since CoD2, campaign and multiplayer. I remember when I used to tell everyone to play CoD instead of the Halo crap that was so popular back then. Yeah maybe CoD is getting a bit too popular now, but I don't mind. It just means there will always be people to play with. And highly varied skill/reflex levels. No one is forcing anyone to buy CoD. I love playing them, so I don't care about shelling out $60 a year for a game and $50 a year for the DLC. I make that amount of cash in a day or two. And considering how much entertainment I get from it, it's well worth it.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 20:46)
Nine? NINE? Put this old dog to sleep, already.

The next Battlefield instalment will be the ninth too. FPS games are just really popular, they'd be retarded not to release the genre leader every year.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

I don't see the point in people whining about how they don't see the point in people whining about it. Semantics.

I play Call of Duty, I have an opinion, and I am sharing it in this topic which is for the purpose of discussing Call of Duty. I enjoy the franchise and I think they are making mistakes by having the titles released so closely together and having very little variety between them. It is purely a money grab and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If you don't want to hear people say anything negative about a game you particularly like, then go to a message board for that game where there are more likely to be fanboys.

smile.gif

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

Really we could play that game all day, but going on and on about how it's sh*t and it used to be good wont get us anywhere. Everyone's free to voice their opinions, but after a while it's just a broken record being played over and over. If complaining for years about how bad a game has become makes people sleep better then i suppose it's their business. I have nothing against constructive feedback and an honest opinion when it's voiced accordingly, though wink.gif

And i'd choose CoD4 or W@W over any recent CoD any day. I don't like the direction the series is shifting towards, but yeah tough love i guess.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

You sex me up, baby!

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 19:46)
Nine? NINE? Put this old dog to sleep, already.

QUOTE (gtaforums)
GTA IV
This section is dedicated to Grand Theft Auto IV - the ninth title in the series, released in 2008.

monocle.gif

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Forty @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 22:37)
QUOTE (CheesyJ @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 16:05)
If the series could add something that was unique and fresh, then I'd be impressed, but we're probably going to get 4 years of the same online system, with short campaigns added in for the sake of it.

To be honest though, I can't blame Activision for it. As long as their games sell, they've got no reason to stop doing this. It's a smart decision for them, business wise.

Aye, that's the problem. They appeal to so many people, many of whom play Call of Duty as their only gaming experience, so they are fiercely loyal to the series and have no complaints because they play nothing else to compare it to. CoD and Madden are both franchises that suffer from this.

One of the main problems is that year after year, lots of 10-year olds are going to pick up the game. Any chance the game has of suffering from losing their experienced gamers is wiped out by the little kids who become interested in the series year after year.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Friday, Nov 25 2011, 16:05)
Really we could play that game all day, but going on and on about how it's sh*t and it used to be good wont get us anywhere. Everyone's free to voice their opinions, but after a while it's just a broken record being played over and over. If complaining for years about how bad a game has become makes people sleep better then i suppose it's their business. I have nothing against constructive feedback and an honest opinion when it's voiced accordingly, though wink.gif

And i'd choose CoD4 or W@W over any recent CoD any day. I don't like the direction the series is shifting towards, but yeah tough love i guess.

I hear what you're saying, but I also wasn't aware this was an already-exhausted debate. This is actually the first time I've ever posted about my feelings on Call of Duty. I tend to avoid the thread altogether for the reasons you generally listed. tounge.gif

Let's get hammered and play Skyrim.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

Please don't f*cking compare those to games.

GTA 1
GTA London
GTA 2
GTA III
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA liberty city stories
GTA vice city stories
GTA IV

The GTA series started in 1997 and the cod series started in 2003.

xxxSIDESH0Wxxx
  • xxxSIDESH0Wxxx

North Holland Hustlers

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (CheesyJ @ Friday, Nov 25 2011, 17:33)
If the series could add something that was unique and fresh, then I'd be impressed, but we're probably going to get 4 years of the same online system, with short campaigns added in for the sake of it.

To be honest though, I can't blame Activision for it. As long as their games sell, they've got no reason to stop doing this. It's a smart decision for them, business wise.

Aye, that's the problem. They appeal to so many people, many of whom play Call of Duty as their only gaming experience, so they are fiercely loyal to the series and have no complaints because they play nothing else to compare it to. CoD and Madden are both franchises that suffer from this.

One of the main problems is that year after year, lots of 10-year olds are going to pick up the game. Any chance the game has of suffering from losing their experienced gamers is wiped out by the little kids who become interested in the series year after year.

sorry about that. it's my kid. he's 11. he goes to a special school for nerdy genius kids who love technology. he wants to (and probably will) develop video games. and his favorite game is *gasp* Black Ops. You're all f*cked. colgate.gif

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Zaibatsu

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (xxxSIDESH0Wxxx @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 07:40)
QUOTE (CheesyJ @ Friday, Nov 25 2011, 17:33)

sorry about that. it's my kid. he's 11. he goes to a special school for nerdy genius kids who love technology. he wants to (and probably will) develop video games. and his favorite game is *gasp* Black Ops. You're all f*cked. colgate.gif

Not really a genius then, is he?

xxxSIDESH0Wxxx
  • xxxSIDESH0Wxxx

North Holland Hustlers

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

lol....athletic scholarship....beerpong

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:56 AM

QUOTE (Forty @ Friday, Nov 25 2011, 15:42)
QUOTE (tuareg @ Friday, Nov 25 2011, 16:05)

I hear what you're saying, but I also wasn't aware this was an already-exhausted debate. This is actually the first time I've ever posted about my feelings on Call of Duty. I tend to avoid the thread altogether for the reasons you generally listed. tounge.gif

Let's get hammered and play Skyrim.

It is overly whined about. But there's still hundreds of thousands of people playing at any given time it seems. Must be doing something right.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (mrpain @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 16:57)
Their current engine so far is ancient but it continues to impress!

I hope they do, that is one thing i do want changed in COD.

Developed by Treyarch i am certain as well, which is good, i f*cking love Blops!

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

Just found this story posted on my FB wall, what do you guys think:

THE BUZZ: Modern Warfare 3 co-developer Sledgehammer Games appears to be hiring for a new Call of Duty title, if a recent job advert is anything to go by.

We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team, reads an advert currently looking for a Senior Online Engineer. Sledgehammer Games is looking for an exceptional online engineer to help bring our online experience to a new level. The candidate will be involved in the creation of multiplayer game modes and online community features for an unannounced high-end console title.

EGMs TAKE: This seems to be a brand new project but will it be in conjunction with Infinity Ward again, or are they beginning work on their own title?

May be nothing related to CoD whatsoever, since the advert simply states "high-end title", so either they're creating a new CoD sub-series, or a completely new game altogether?

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:53 PM

Butters, I found this as well.

http://manatank.com/...t-staff-wanted/

Shocking we know, but Call of Duty 9 is already beginning the development cycle, with recent postings on jobs boards looking for new staff members to join the Treyarch team.

Treyarch is currently searching for game scripters, who may be asked to take a design test utilising Call of Duty mod tools as well as other listing detailing that applicants will be working on combat systems and gameplay mechanics.

The next entry in the series will be Call of Duty 9 and, as it stands, little is known about the title or what form it will take. You can guarantee it wont be another Modern Warfare title though, as Treyarch generally handle the release of the Call of Duty game the year after Infinity Wards Modern Warfare is released.

Personally, Im going to go out on a limb and predict it will be some kind of sequel to Black Ops. The game was relatively well received and gives Treyarch a franchise of their own to work with and hopefully outshine the massively popular Modern Warfare series.

Of course it was inevitable the next COD would be coming but what are you hoping for the future of the franchise? Were you content with Modern Warfare or do you want something more? Tell us in the comments

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

So, 2 companies are posting listings for a new CoD title? I know they denied it in that 2nd article, but if this is the case, it seems that maybe we'll be getting a completely new title in the series, as we saw with BO, and then another MW title. MW is far from over.....although, from the ending in MW3, am not sure...

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 December 2011 - 03:42 AM

They can still make MW series and just do a different storyline. New characters and such. It's all simple really. The campaigns don't much matter. The dev teams for both CoD titles can whip anything together for that and it won't matter much as long as there's all the popular style missions and lots of explosive action. Multiplayer is always where the games run, in the end. Personally I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the campaigns all together and focused solely on the multiplayer modes.

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Friday, Dec 9 2011, 03:42)
Personally I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the campaigns all together and focused solely on the multiplayer modes.

Echo this. The upside to this would be that the whole 'game' could just be a DLC on the Marketplace/Store, meaning the company themselves can concentrate more on the detail, and spend more time on the 'game' in general. I read an article in which developers themselves have stated that creating a DLC item/game is much easier than a full-game, since DLC tends to be smaller, meaning they can cram more detail and time into individual parts of the game.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:49 PM

I hope they do a WW2 or WW1, personally I am interested in that stuff.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 10 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Friday, Dec 9 2011, 11:49)

Same.

Any old COD gamers on here? Not the ones that started with MW2 or Black Ops or EVEN COD4. i'm talking bout when call of duty used to be strictly WW2 and the multiplayer was so simple.

COD4 was fantastic with its new multiplayer but it's just dried out now

wolfy boy
  • wolfy boy

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:37 PM

i read in this gaming mag that the next infinity ward (in 2013) CoD would be a third person one ( this will be after the next Cod by treyarch in 2012)

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 10 December 2011 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (wolfy boy @ Saturday, Dec 10 2011, 18:37)
i read in this gaming mag that the next infinity ward (in 2013) CoD would be a third person one ( this will be after the next Cod by treyarch in 2012)

Could be interesting, but do the CoD fanbase really want a 3rd person shooter? To expand on VL's post, Treyarch's website pretty much confirms that they are working on a CoD title:

We are seeking a talented gameplay designer to join our multiplayer design team.  Working with high level design direction, you will design, develop, and tune gaming mechanics and features (health and damage, challenges, perks, kill streaks, spawning, and more).  The ideal candidate will have an excellent aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, superior people skills, and strong desire to make the best games possible.

Responsibilities:

Using a variety of tools, good data management, and proprietary game scripting to craft the moment to moment experiences of game systems.
        Manage the games core rule systems such as health and damage feedback, rules for which kill streaks can destroy other kill streaks, how perks impacts player and vehicle behavior. Identify all the edge cases and have solutions ready to go.
        Working with the systems designer, co-develop a solid game reward mechanic that keeps players engaged and feeling satisfied without giving players an overt advantage over others.
        Gather feedback from co-workers, management, play testing and user-testing and use that data to balance, tune, and adjust the game play experience.
        Review all game play mechanics on a consistent basis and work with production to develop a series of next steps to bring these experiences to a AAA level of quality.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

user posted image

http://zoknowsgaming...ase-date-outed/

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Carbine23 @ Saturday, Dec 10 2011, 02:22)
QUOTE (vertical limit @ Friday, Dec 9 2011, 11:49)

Same.

Any old COD gamers on here? Not the ones that started with MW2 or Black Ops or EVEN COD4. i'm talking bout when call of duty used to be strictly WW2 and the multiplayer was so simple.

COD4 was fantastic with its new multiplayer but it's just dried out now

Simple? It required more tactics and reflex skills than what they claim its about nowadays.

I even found CoD2 at the time a disgrace but when I look back at it it was actually the only succesfull follow up to the original franchise [or well, first game with expansion pack].

The mods they made, German Front Mod just to name one of the few, were actually the things AND the directions they should've gone forth with the franchise. WW2 ain't overdone... they just overdid some aspects of it or just blatantly portrayed it in a crappy fashion.

/Geekrant

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

BO2 ey...saw this confirmed a few days/weeks back now. Doesn't really grab my attention though since I never really liked the style of BO, but it's one of those games that I know half of my friends list will be playing. confused.gif

omgz153
  • omgz153

Disregard females, acquire monetary funds

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

Call of duty is garbage.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 20:34)
user posted image

http://zoknowsgaming...ase-date-outed/

I may be in the minority here but I enjoy the annual releases and I am excited for Black Ops 2. The cold war era with the Napalm airstreak was just great. I loved the multiplayer maps along with the campaign plus the nazi zombies.

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (omgz153 @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 21:39)
Call of duty is garbage.

Uhm, GTFO out of the CoD topic then? dozingoff.gif

I'm going to sit back and wait for the MW2.2 that everyone said MW3 would be, in terms of the MP. Said it many times before, but they absolutely ruined the MP in MW3. Yes, the campaign may be great in BO2, but after MW3, I have the feeling that it won't be the priority.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users