Call of Duty: Black Ops II

1,030 replies to this topic
fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Radoonhagaydoon @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 11:04)
It has been hinted at that the side-plot of Viktor Reznov and his relationship with Alex Mason, which began in World at War and was advanced by Black Ops, will be continued in Black Ops II.[6] Treyarch confirmed that Alex Mason will be in the game as a playable character for when the game flashes back to the 1980s (when Alex is a Reagan government official waging proxy wars on Russia), and will be alive and narrating the story of Black Ops 2 in 2025; also, Alex Mason's son, David Mason, will be the main character in 2025. Both father and son have an enemy, Raul Menendez, whom little is known about yet. Additionally, Frank Woods, a character who ended up not dying in the first Black Ops, will return to help father and son in both time periods.

This is real?

Alex and his kid are in it, it says so in one of the articles somebody posted a few pages back. The villain's name is also right. No word on Reznov though whatsthat.gif

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

whats next for IW now?

SadisticOtters
  • SadisticOtters

Under new name

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:57 AM

I get how repetitive CoD can be. Activision keeps whoring it out year after year, but how come nobody bitches about the oversaturation of superhero movies? Sure you can argue your opinion and say "bcuz dey r better dan cod lol", but haven't you noticed there being like 3 superhero movies a year? Nobody moans about that. You can find repetitive things in the market everywhere. If you don't like it, simply don't watch or buy it.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 02:57)
I get how repetitive CoD can be. Activision keeps whoring it out year after year, but how come nobody bitches about the oversaturation of superhero movies? Sure you can argue your opinion and say "bcuz dey r better dan cod lol", but haven't you noticed there being like 3 superhero movies a year? Nobody moans about that. You can find repetitive things in the market everywhere. If you don't like it, simply don't watch or buy it.

Actually people do moan about them, you just have to go into a movie forum, not a gaming one.

People always moan about super hero movie's, re makes and reboot's and the fact that Hollywood can't get an original idea if it dropped from their ass.

Some superhero movies are good though, Spiderman 2, Kick ass, Iron man. They are the only ones i'd recommend to anyone, but I am a fan of manymore.

SadisticOtters
  • SadisticOtters

Under new name

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 03:04)

Actually people do moan about them, you just have to go into a movie forum, not a gaming one.

People always moan about super hero movie's, re makes and reboot's and the fact that Hollywood can't get an original idea if it dropped from their ass.

Some superhero movies are good though, Spiderman 2, Kick ass, Iron man. They are the only ones i'd recommend to anyone, but I am a fan of manymore.

I literally google'd "too many superhero movies" and only a handful bitches about them, but always leaving out "but xxxx superhero movie was nice". Nobody bitches more than the gaming community.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:29 AM Edited by Sakuya, 06 May 2012 - 05:31 AM.

My feelings on this are generally positive. I always wanted a legitimately "future" setting in CoD (as opposed to "slightly in the future" MW sh*t - which is all good in it's own right, but still). They don't over-do it too much from what I see, though those Metal Gear-esque tanks do look a bit silly - I personally don't take games seriously enough to let something like that sway me away from what may or may not be an awesome game. I can only hope they take the right kind of creative liberties with the weapons and whatnot. I guess it might be crazy to ask CoD to be tasteful, but eh, Treyarch always seemed like the 'classier' CoD developer while IW were the flashier counterpoint/part. To call it 'innovation' would definitely be a stretch. Frankly, I like the CoD framework. All I really care to see is new settings and skins...really, if every subsequent game played exactly like MW2 but with different settings and guns, I'd be all good (would wait to get them cheap-like from someone in the inevitable army of people who hated it, though). I don't see anything wrong with that.

The 360-launch-title-era graphics do put me off a little...these games have very little substance, they should at least make them look pretty. Maybe, hopefully, it just looks like ass because it's an early build or something like that.

Also, OMG OMG OMG ZOMBIES OMG

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 21:57)
If you don't like it, simply don't watch or buy it.

And if you don't like the complaints, take your own advice and don't read them.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 06:56)
QUOTE (vertical limit @ Saturday, May 5 2012, 17:58)
It really grinds my gears that CoD's trailer gets 12 million views in 4 days and the GTA V trailer 16 million since 2nd of November.

No problem there. Rockstar doesn't need to whore out GTA to make a buck and that showed throughout their history wih the franchise.

Rockstar hosted the video on their site, Black ops only has it on YT.

So obviously the Youtube version for black ops will get more views, god knows what the view counter in on rockstars site.

By the way Rockstar has 20 million views, add the 4 million for the next top video.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 03:57)

That's not really a good comparison. We're talking about one game series, superhero movies are all separate and when comparing something like Spider-Man to Batman they really are quite different in tone and style. It'd be like moaning about Bioshock Infinite coming out because you're bored of CoD, doesn't make sense, very different games in the same genre.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 03:04)

user posted image

Anyway, the majority here have been playing CoD since/before CoD3, but even us who only got into it with 4 have every right to complain when they turn the series into the most noob friendly cluster fuk ever. Like literally ever.

And i'm mainly talking about IW here. Treyarch still has a shot left in my book, but CoD wont be a buy on release day this year.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 21:22)
Anyway, the majority here have been playing CoD since/before CoD3, but even us who only got into it with 4 have every right to complain when they turn the series into the most noob friendly cluster fuk ever. Like literally ever.

And i'm mainly talking about IW here. Treyarch still has a shot left in my book, but CoD wont be a buy on release day this year.

I agree, Deathstreaks? Come on! And they are overpowered too!
Bullsh*t no-one should be rewarded for dying.

5 Seconds worth of spawn protection from air support? Come one! I want to rape people with my 17 point streak not get shot down when someone is taking advantage of their 5 seconds worth of spawn protection.

SadisticOtters
  • SadisticOtters

Under new name

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:49 PM Edited by SadisticOtters, 06 May 2012 - 12:53 PM.

QUOTE (Knife @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 10:10)

That's not really a good comparison. We're talking about one game series, superhero movies are all separate and when comparing something like Spider-Man to Batman they really are quite different in tone and style. It'd be like moaning about Bioshock Infinite coming out because you're bored of CoD, doesn't make sense, very different games in the same genre.

How's is it that much different? You get the same ideas remade over and over every year. And that is not even a good comparison to what I'm saying.
@pat, good to know you nothing better to do than to continue complain every year about CoD. Have fun next year. smile.gif

I also like that 3arc does not include deathstreaks. They should bring back combat training for the new players who have a hard time.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 23:49)

How's is it that much different? You get the same ideas remade over and over every year. And that is not even a good comparison to what I'm saying.
@pat, good to know you nothing better to do than to continue complain every year about CoD. Have fun next year. smile.gif

I also like that 3arc does not include deathstreaks. They should bring back combat training for the new players who have a hard time.

The video games industry is heavily dependant on advancements and innovation.
For some reason the consumer always wants the next game to be bigger and better, and if it isn't it is automatically a disappointment.

With movies however people are satisfied with a good plot and believable characters, no real innovation has to occur.

I am not sure why but that's how it is, and Call Of Duty being very similar with each instalment goes directly against what i said in the first paragraph and it upsets most consumers.

SadisticOtters
  • SadisticOtters

Under new name

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 13:24)
QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 23:49)

The video games industry is heavily dependant on advancements and innovation.
For some reason the consumer always wants the next game to be bigger and better, and if it isn't it is automatically a disappointment.

With movies however people are satisfied with a good plot and believable characters, no real innovation has to occur.

I am not sure why but that's how it is, and Call Of Duty being very similar with each instalment goes directly against what i said in the first paragraph and it upsets most consumers.

More like, don't fix what isn't broken. That's why you see repetition in the market. If the majority likes the the repetition then that's what's going to sell the most. The minority just has to suck it up and simply not buy.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Well i dont even watch them becouse i read different comic books when i was a kid,and Hollywood movies in last few years become so boring with sequels,prequels,comic book movies,remakes of asian and european movies that i dont watch most of that crap,Hollywood just isnt possible to be saved anymore.Mostly watching older movies from 80s and 90s,and from recent movies i think that Inception and Iron Lady are newest one i liked.Holywood just become too much of the industry to produce quality.
And for COD it would be rent it,finish the SP in a 7 hours and return it,no more than 7 euros and save money for AC3.

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (SadisticOtters @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 08:36)
More like, don't fix what isn't broken.

Hey guys, let's stop using combustion engines and go back to riding horses everywhere. After all, don't fix what isn't broken, and I'm pretty sure horses aren't broken.

SadisticOtters
  • SadisticOtters

Under new name

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (Pat @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 14:38)

Hey guys, let's stop using combustion engines and go back to riding horses everywhere. After all, don't fix what isn't broken, and I'm pretty sure horses aren't broken.

They make millions every year, so why change yet? Until then keep complaining, I'm sure one of these days the majority will care wink.gif

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

They use the same engine, textures, models and sounds every year because they don't really care about the game. They know if it has Call of Duty in the name, people will buy it. Look at the ELITE service. So many people were tricked into buying it because Robert Trolling said there's gonna be awesome content etc but it's rubbish. Every year they say they've revolutionised the game and all that crap but when you play it, it's just the same old. How MW3 got good reviews is a mystery to me. Never seen so many crap maps in a game.

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 14:58)
How MW3 got good reviews is a mystery to me.

Bribes. There, I solved it for you.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Pat @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 14:38)

user posted image

It begins.

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

I realize that the whole horse thing is a joke to you guys but I think the horse scene was a flashback. I highly doubt horses are in the game.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:48 AM Edited by finn4life, 08 May 2012 - 07:26 AM.

QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 14:01)
I realize that the whole horse thing is a joke to you guys but I think the horse scene was a flashback. I highly doubt horses are in the game.

I think technology is being controlled by the enemy including vehicles so you have to use horses. I play Mp with cod because the story is rubbish so i don't really care.

It cannot be a flashback because there is very advanced flying machines flying around during the horses scene, pay more attention next time.

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:10 AM

I take it the part with the horses really rustled the jimmies. I don't understand the fuss though, if anything that was the only part of the trailer that raised my hype level from infinity negative to 0.1.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

This looks quite interesting. I loved Black Ops so I will probably get this.

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (Triple Penetration @ Monday, May 7 2012, 23:23)

I agree, i bet Activison bribes the newspapers, gaming websites and i bet the fans as well, just to buy the same CoD as before

HeNDo6750
  • HeNDo6750

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:22 AM Edited by HeNDo6750, 08 May 2012 - 06:28 PM.

QUOTE (thatguy23 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 01:55)
http://au.ps3.ign.co.../1224305p1.html

WTF is this world coming to?? I mean seriously. It the sam Cod as before. Guess what other game was set in the near-future, modern Warfare. Thats all BO 2 is, only its slightly further in the future with a ton of crap stolen from the battlefield series. The worst thing about CoD is that each year the graphics don't improve at all.

Also with the horse chase thing if i'm correct is from Uncharted 3. Activison was out of innovation in 2010

tuareg
  • tuareg

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (HeNDo6750 @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 11:13)
I agree, i bet Activison bribes the newspapers, gaming websites and i bet the fans as well, just to buy the same CoD as before

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some people over at the official mw3 forums were payed or at least put in to their position to post the nonsense they post on a daily basis.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 03:48)
QUOTE (Cuban Warlord @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 14:01)

I think technology is being controlled by the enemy including vehicles so you have to use horses. I play Mp with cod because the story is rubbish so i don't really care.

It cannot be a flashback because there is very advanced flying machines flying around during the horses scene, pay more attention next time.

It is probably flashback on Soviet/Afghan war,considering people on horses looks like Talibans.And flying wehicles are probably some Soviet prototypes that Mason and Woods are gonna steal and all machynes in 2025 part will be based on them,like how the Metal Gear technology in MGS series was based on Soviet prototype from MGS 3,set in 1964.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (HeNDo6750 @ Tuesday, May 8 2012, 11:22)
QUOTE (thatguy23 @ Friday, May 4 2012, 01:55)
http://au.ps3.ign.co.../1224305p1.html

WTF is this world coming to?? I mean seriously. It the sam Cod as before. Guess what other game was set in the near-future, modern Warfare. Thats all BO 2 is, only its slightly further in the future with a ton of crap stolen from the battlefield series. The worst thing about CoD is that each year the graphics don't improve at all.

Also with the horse chase thing if i'm correct is from Uncahrted 3. Activison was out of innovation in 2010

There's a horse chase in Uncharted 3? wow.gif

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Triple Penetration @ Monday, May 7 2012, 17:23)

I believe there's a story floating around of a reviewer being fired from IGN a few years ago because he didn't score a game high enough in a review. It's no secret at all that the major sites like IGN, Kotaku, etc are all paid off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users