Call of Duty: Black Ops II

1,030 replies to this topic
vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:59 PM

As Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 launches to huge sales and nearly unanimous critical praise, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick is ready to announce the next entry in the series.

Speaking to investors today, Kotick said, ďAs we focus on 2012, we have a strong product pipeline which features a minimum of two highly-anticipated new titles from Blizzard Entertainment, including Diablo III, and a new Call of Duty game from Activision Publishing.Ē

As you can see, Kotick also confirmed that Blizzard will release several games in 2012, a rarity for them. And considering the developerís full production plate, there are several possibilities for this second title including World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, and the free-to-play Blizzard DOTA.

Iím going to go out on a limb and ďconfirmĒ that Call of Duty 9 will be developed by Treyarch (itís their turn as Modern Warfare 3 was an Infinity Ward game) and released in the first week of November 2012. Obviously, Iím a gambling man.

f*cking kotick is milking the series but in a way like never before, 4 years straight of CoD games every year.

http://www.warpzoned.com/?p=15517

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

I don't see how this is news, this is just about Activision's only franchise left and the most successful franchise in gaming so it's not surprising that they're making another one for next year.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

The Number of the Beast

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

...and I'd wager that a lot of those that buy CoD religiously are the ones that saunter into Fifa/Madden threads and moan, "it's the same game every year!"

It's a crazy world but familiarity sells.

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

Want to Advertise in my Sig? PM Me.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

I want WWII, pretty please!
Seriously, WWII CoD were the best games in the series IMO

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

I don't even bother to play COD no more. The last one was MW2 and it was enough. I watched MW3 on youtube and it was enough to know isn't necessary to play it.

This series began to be like those tv series The Young and the Restless over 4000 episodes. I sick of this, I don't see any good improvement over the years.

Give me some real WW2 of COD/COD2.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

Well its up to buyers,when we stop buying they will stop selling COD just like Guitar Hero,so for now lets expect BlackOps 2,3,4...and Future Warfare 1,2,3....

Luna Fortuna
  • Luna Fortuna

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:25 PM Edited by Personguy, 23 November 2011 - 08:06 PM.

I Enjoyed MW3 the multiplayer was great. This is not really a suprise is it?

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

What's wrong with it? It's an FPS for couple of evenings.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

I've never understood why people moan about CoD. Nobody is forced to buy it year after year but many choose to because no matter who the developer is, a solid game is always churned out.

@ vertical limit - I'll think you'll find its more than four years that we've seen a CoD title released annually. The same pattern has been followed since CoD 2 back in 2005.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

Yes! Even though I expected this like everyone else.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

I may seem hypocritical in the first post but I know myself that I am going to buy it.

O2Fishera, it hasn't been that long since I started following the Cod Series.

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:07 PM

Ok yes this is the first CoD game im not buying. f*ck Activision

Announced before MW3 DLC... LOL!

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

PS4 user.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:24 AM Edited by Gtaman_92, 24 November 2011 - 03:27 AM.

Anyone think there will a black ops 2? As crazy as it sounds, black ops did in a cliffhanger because no one knew what really happen to woods or the status of mason or hudson

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:28 AM

It's not really news. All of us who play CoD know a new game will be out every November. And we enjoy it that way. We like playing a new game with some tweaks and new guns and new maps. We like playing the DLC to keep it spiced a little until the next game is released. We love to murder. It's in our genes.

And yeah, it may be Black Ops 2. Hopefully they don't use the older version of the engine this time. The graphics were too cartoon like.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:18 AM

no... just no.. after playing MW3 ive given up on COD and activision

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

No surprise really, but the real question is: Will they build a new engine?

Their current engine so far is ancient but it continues to impress!

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:49 AM

I b*tch and moan because i was a huge Call of Duty fan back then. I was disappointed by COD3 when it came out but holy sh*t this is just really bad. After COD4 something just happened. I think they should just stop making COD games, it's getting ridiculous and they get worse. I didn't like MW2 but i'm debating whether MW3 is better or worse.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

You could have guessed a sequel to Black Ops is imminent. For those who actually care look up Operation Charybdis.

A game from Treyarch with the graphics of the MW series would be nice. Everyone was quick to discard BO, but apart from the bad hit detection treyarch did a great job at it.

Ats.
  • Ats.

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

CoD can really f*ck itself in the mouth.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

I won't buy another title until I see them make some progress as a franchise. MW1, MW2, MW3, and Black Ops are all basically the same exact game. They're turning into Madden.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (02fishera @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 19:49)
I've never understood why people moan about CoD.

The way I see it is that people are more interested in game's like Call of Duty that they forget about game's that are more indie (i.e., Saint's Row) in'a way that deserve attention too. Although, I despise Call of Duty, I alway's make sure I get every new installment around release. Maybe that's another reason why people complain about it...they feel like they're being pressured to buy it. Meh.

Take it or leave it.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 13:10)
...and I'd wager that a lot of those that buy CoD religiously are the ones that saunter into Fifa/Madden threads and moan, "it's the same game every year!"

But when you think about it, the sports games are the same teams, playing in the same stadiums, with most of the same players, every year. COD has at least got a new story and new maps every year.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (leik oh em jeez! @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 11:46)
QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 13:10)

But when you think about it, the sports games are the same teams, playing in the same stadiums, with most of the same players, every year. COD has at least got a new story and new maps every year.

Yes, but the game itself makes no strides to advance. Sports games are locked into using the same teams and stadiums every year because they have no choice. Call of Duty can be anything it wants to be, but they choose to keep rehashing the exact same game plus some new multiplayer maps. The story lines aren't even very different. It just feels lazy to me.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Nine? NINE? Put this old dog to sleep, already. Treyarch is gonna butcher the next installment just like Black Ops. I really hope people come to their senses and spend their money on something better, like drugs.

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:05 PM

If the series could add something that was unique and fresh, then I'd be impressed, but we're probably going to get 4 years of the same online system, with short campaigns added in for the sake of it.

To be honest though, I can't blame Activision for it. As long as their games sell, they've got no reason to stop doing this. It's a smart decision for them, business wise.

Forty
  • Forty

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (CheesyJ @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 16:05)
If the series could add something that was unique and fresh, then I'd be impressed, but we're probably going to get 4 years of the same online system, with short campaigns added in for the sake of it.

To be honest though, I can't blame Activision for it. As long as their games sell, they've got no reason to stop doing this. It's a smart decision for them, business wise.

Aye, that's the problem. They appeal to so many people, many of whom play Call of Duty as their only gaming experience, so they are fiercely loyal to the series and have no complaints because they play nothing else to compare it to. CoD and Madden are both franchises that suffer from this.

tuareg
  • tuareg

that aaaaain't workin, that's the way you do it

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

But then again no matter how many copies they sell and how many games they pump out year after year it doesn't hurt and shouldn't bother anyone not interested.

Not to offend anyone, but i never did understand why do people cry over CoD when no one's forcing them to buy it.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 22:42)
Not to offend anyone, but i never did understand why do people cry over CoD when no one's forcing them to buy it.

Because most of us like CoD, but we don't like what it has become.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (akavari112 @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 13:46)
Nine? NINE? Put this old dog to sleep, already.

It's making them gazillions of dollars every year. As long as people keep buying it, they'll keep making them.

Akavari
  • Akavari

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Friday, Nov 25 2011, 00:22)
QUOTE (akavari112 @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 13:46)
Nine? NINE? Put this old dog to sleep, already.

It's making them gazillions of dollars every year. As long as people keep buying it, they'll keep making them.

Fair enough, but at least give us time to breath before developing a new game. They treat those games like its a fast food industry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users