» «
Photo

PS2 version looked different

15 replies to this topic
danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:57 PM Edited by danjodan, 23 November 2011 - 02:59 PM.

I have been playing the PS2 version of VC recently and notice how different some of the colours were.
It looked as if there was a motion blur effect and I noticed it being more colourful and some bloom.I never noticed these effects in the PC version, Is my PC version glitched or are these effects not in the PC version?
Heres a few pictures I found that show things ooking a bit different
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Caio_Reinhardt
  • Caio_Reinhardt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

It's a little bit different...

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

The IGN-watermarked shots you provided were taken pre-release so yes, there's a difference in those screenies compared to the final product whether it's PS2 or PC. Rockstar most likely decided the city didn't feel the way they wanted it to so just a bit of spit and polish.
The PS2's graphics differ a bit from the PC version is regarded by most as 'graphically inferior' so it's not just you experiencing this.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Caio_Reinhardt @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 11:28)
It's a little bit different...

That would depend on which version you have-The screenshots you posted are from the Original PS2 release. However, the Greatest Hits and Trilogy Pack and Double pack versions for PS2 are identical to the PC release-I have confirmed that about the PS2 Greatest hits and Trilogy Pack versions.

The PC version still looks great-the radar and in-game pause maps are easier to read on the PC than on the PS2-I remember having to squint to see the blips/read the radar on the PS2 version, but on PC it is clear as can be. The PC version also looks more 3-D/realistic than the PS2 version. But, hey each version is unique and cool in it's own way. The Soundtrack is excellent(for both VC and VCS). I still love VCS on PS2-I prefer the regular VC on PC though.

There are 2 versions for PC-the Original and Trilogy Packs, but those are the same.

There are 3 versions for X-Box-Original, Trilogy Pack, and Double Pack. I'm not sure of those differences, as I only have the Double Pack version, which I play on the 360. tounge2.gif

danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

THanks for the replys guys.
I went through the display options in the PS2 version and there was a trails option that was in gta 3.THis option makes give smotion blur and makes things moe colourful, But this option is not in the PC version so that explains the PC version looking different.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

The xbox version is based on the PC version, while the ps2 port is a bit dumbed down.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (TrialzGTAS @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 22:31)
The xbox version is based on the PC version, while the ps2 port is a bit dumbed down.

It was on PS2 first, then ported to PC and then put on Xbox with higher detail and graphics.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

Tommy's hair in that second picture is probably the biggest difference I can spot.

UberChargedCJ
  • UberChargedCJ

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:20 AM

and the graphics are getting old now

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:23 AM

I haven't played my PS2 version in a while. When I play the console versions of the GTA 3 era games I usually play the Xbox versions. But I guess there's a difference but the pre-release shots always look different. At least with those games.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Vanzant @ Friday, Nov 25 2011, 15:36)
QUOTE (TrialzGTAS @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 22:31)

It was on PS2 first, then ported to PC and then put on Xbox with higher detail and graphics.

So technically it was "Smarted up" for PC/xbox not "dumbed down" for PS2

tounge.gif

THE HERO
  • THE HERO

/* no comment */

• Members

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

No version of vice city looks like those screenshots. They probably did a little post-processing to make it more appealing; but I'd love to know if it would be possible to make vice city look similar to this.

thenatobourne
  • thenatobourne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

this is only a screenshots with photoshop XD

but the ps2 version look like pc version.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

Why they don't made the blue shirt in the final game? I don't know of any reason.
It looks sexier to me, and it looks nice with light blue jeans.

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

Tommy looks fugly in that second pic.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

The only difference that I remember spotting between the PS2 version and the PC version of GTA Vice City is that Auntie Poulet's (the Haitian leader) dress colour is different. She has a yellow dress in PC, but a purple one on PS2. Also, the weapons are named differently (e.g. Ingram Mac-10 becomes Mac).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users