Multiple protagonists?

45 replies to this topic
gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Nov 22 2011, 13:06)
What if you played the game through with the 'Ned Luke' protagonist, who is near the top of the criminal chain until BAM! A sniper bullet takes off half your head.

Then you start a new story with a different guy & at some point in the game you are handed a powerful sniper rifle & a photo OF THE LAST PROTAGONIST! Dun Dun Duuuun!

Wait a second, that sounds a bit like another Take Two published game. Forget that idea everyone.

What game is that?

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

It would be ok i would just rather focus on 1 person at a time, but i wont be mad if they put it in there

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Tuesday, Nov 22 2011, 13:33)
QUOTE (jamieleng @ Tuesday, Nov 22 2011, 13:06)
What if you played the game through with the 'Ned Luke' protagonist, who is near the top of the criminal chain until BAM! A sniper bullet takes off half your head.

Then you start a new story with a different guy & at some point in the game you are handed a powerful sniper rifle & a photo OF THE LAST PROTAGONIST! Dun Dun Duuuun!

Wait a second, that sounds a bit like another Take Two published game. Forget that idea everyone.

What game is that?

Spoilers ahoy!
In Mafia II you have to assassinate the protagonist of Mafia I. Actually all you do is drive to the guy's house & then a cutscenes shows you shooting him while he is tending to his front lawn. Man that game was a load of crap.

ILLMIND107
  • ILLMIND107

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

I really like the idea of having more than one protaganist and hope they have it in the game. Hopefully they will give us the option to choose from more than one protaganist at the start. Maybe we can play as the hispanic guy in the trailer driving the red car and maybe he will be apart of a street gang. Man i hope they add something like that in the game.

They might just add a couple more protaganist as DLC and if they do they should keep things that were in the main story. Like in EFLC you couldn't use stevie's garage to get money.

I really think it would make more people happier if there was more than one protaganist and i hope they add it to GTA V.

Ollie23
  • Ollie23

Formerly Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

People are saying that the first protagonist dies and then you move on to the second protagonist. I think that most of you are upset that the first protagonist dies. You see the first protag doesn't have to die. And also I want the protagonists to know each other, so they can be like a group/gang of friends and each "friend" has their own back-story with missions, so in the final mission they could all be together.

Ratone
  • Ratone

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

It's a tricky question to add multiple protagonists into a single game

First, you have the idea of being able to choose who you want to play... And we all know that is not possible in a GTA game, R* cant afford to record every cutscene twice.

Then, we have the idea of the protagonist switching in the middle of the game, or maybe having to do specific missions with this or that guy.

I Honestly don't think we will see multiple protagonists this time.
it's not that I hate the idea, it's just that its a "new thing" that could endanger the quality of the game if not made right, and GTA has worked very well so far without it, so, I don't think R* is up for this now.

SGT. Johnson
  • SGT. Johnson

"To Obey and Survive"

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (JoeBobLuke @ Tuesday, Nov 22 2011, 07:36)
QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Tuesday, Nov 22 2011, 03:32)
No, multiple characters would thin the storyline out too much.

wouldn't more characters add to the storyline?

It certainly did for LA Noire. Now before you go saying "Don't compare thats game to GTA; its was made byz Team Bondi". NO sh*t!

The only reason I bring this up is because it was published by R*, so they could have took the idea of multiplae protagonists from it.

If you've played the game, during the Arson Desk cases, you play as Jack (I think that's his name) from the Fire and Life Department. Cole is only seen later on in that "desk".

Bottom line is, that part of LA Noire was mostly two protagonists.

And YES; it would most definitely lead to a more interesting storyline. GTA is like a well-written novel. Wouldn't you want to read the rest of the chapters or are you too lazy and can only get past Chapter 1 (first protagonist)?

Ratone
  • Ratone

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

I don't see putting multiple protagonists in GTA V the same as putting multiple ones in a game like L.A. Noire.
I'm not saying that it isn't interesting, but it is way trickier.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:21 PM

I think the multiple protags rumour came from R* themselves. They are softening us up for the big reveal

Dobleh
  • Dobleh

Operative

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (JOSEPH X @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 04:21)
I think the multiple protags rumour came from R* themselves. They are softening us up for the big reveal

What?! Never heard R* said about multiple protagonist before. Do you have any sources?

dannyz
  • dannyz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:14 AM

What if it was like the DLC but all in one Game? What if you could play either one from the start and you only don't get to do the last mission until you get to that point in all three stories and you could play as one character who has the option to kill the other one in a mission and if you kill him you can't do the last mission for that Protagonist. Have Decisions in the story that will affect of the story ends like kill this guy and the other Protagonist wants to kill you because that was his best friend or something. I really don't know and Hopefully the Next Trailer will Answer more Questions then adding new ones.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

It didn't have to grow on me. As soon as I heard it I was down.

Think of Snatch, all the different stories leading up to one great ending. With one protag, it's hard to show the whole story sometimes.

Zemand
  • Zemand

Zxog_1012

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I personally don't think it would be a good idea. I like to have one protagonist to love, such as Niko or Johnny or John Marston. If you want multiple protagonists, hopefully they'll release DLC, like in GTA IV.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

I like the bump.... sarcasm.gif

Anyway I am still thinking that we will have one protagonist.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (Capricornus @ Sunday, May 6 2012, 18:27)
I like the bump.... sarcasm.gif

Anyway I am still thinking that we will have one protagonist.

me too. but a bold new direction could also mean we have to switch between dasilva and adrian.

adrian looks cooler though.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

I think I would prefer one protagonist with full focus on his story, life and persona. It's probably an easier task too.

But if they have for example three protagonists it could work well if it fits into the story of the game and if they all are memorable in the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users