Photo

Just Cause series

46 replies to this topic
gtafreak103
  • gtafreak103

Haters gonna hate, n00bs gonna imitate

• Members

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Just Cause 1 was meh. Just Cause 2 however was fun. Just as fun as SA. But how would Just Cause 3 be improved, and what would you expect from it?

matajuegos
  • matajuegos

2 Years in the forums!!! I MISS YOU ZEE

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:54 AM

ehm, nothing at all, JC 2 was awesome, was better than gta iv IMO, the only thing that it should be improved is the car/airplane/boat handling

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

JC2 was so repetitive... The missions were really boring, and clearing those areas become tedious. However, the massive world was awesome. Such a shame they couldn't fill it with more things to do.

Plus, Eidos abandoned the game after release, and never released a patch that fixed game-breaking glitches. They also charged for DLC that was already in the coding of the game (although, that's probably the norm for most games these days).

I heard the game was much better on PC because of the mods.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:49 AM

CO-OP

Just Cause 2 was surprisingly good. The shooting was dreadful as well as the driving was. But the ability to just haul yourself around grapling and chuting around made it so free and amazing, I loved climbing the skyscrapers and pretending it was slightly like Mirrors Edge for a moment.

If they made the shooting alot better and worth doing, better AI, ragdoll and death animations. Improve the driving at least to a respectable standard, add co-op and it could even be as good as if not better than Saints Row 2 was for co-op sandbox fun. It merges all those elements in from Mercenaries 2, as that game failed on its arse. JC2 did them alot better.

But even as the game stands, co-op would have just been the key.

Spiderman with guns?

Yes please.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:50 AM

The Just Cause series was about as much fun as watching paint dry, in my opinion. I never played the first one, however I did play the second. If what people say is true, that the second is actually better than the first game in the series, then I don't want to buy the game either. Just Cause 2 wasn't even three stars. The graphics looked like they'd been ripped out of a comic book, the gameplay was like that of a Little Big Planet game, and the story made about as much sense as the Sly Cooper series.

So yeah, I'm not a fan of the Just Cause games, as you can tell. It's not even worth buying. You take it back to trade in? The prices drop down faster than a brick falling from a skyscraper, and you're left with only £15/$10 left from the originally over-priced £40/$45 product.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

The game was tedious as f*ck, I know. I am one of those sad f*cks that got 1000/1000G on it. Meaning 100% completion. But it had one of the biggest maps in a sandbox game that had very different areas and more than enough hidden easter eggs which were very enjoyable. It had the best parachute animations I have seen in any game so far.

That said I know that the only thing holding the game afloat was the parachute + grapling combo, without it, the game would not even be in the slightest way playable. But still, that mechanic is so innovative and such a game changer, that I think it deserves to be explored with a better engine and a more quality game.

The freedom with the game and that feature is limitless and its almost a superhero-esque.

It was a shame that aircraft didnt go faster, especially for one of the biggest maps in a game ever. Probably just underpowered tech as usual.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

The second was a huge step up from the first and in it's own right was pretty fun to play, but it was still kind of weak. Having only ~7 full missions was lame, considering most of the gang missions were repetitive or boring, with only a couple good ones spread out through them.

I'd like to see a Just Cause 3, but I'd like to see a tad more focus on urban areas. having 25 square miles of land is great, but when 24 square miles is just forest and desert it's a tad bland. Of course if they were to include more urban areas they'd have to improve them too, the ones in JC2 didn't really have a lot of life in them.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

I clocked more than 150 hours on Just Cause 2. Developers definitely made it primarily for PC. It didn't even need a patch. 150 hours, and no crashes, freezing, fps drops or any other bugs. A 100% stable game. And beautiful with lots of freedom. Some of the mods are also great. Controls are great and responsive. I love JS2.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

I played Just Cause the other day for about twenty-minutes before getting bored and switching to another game. I just found the whole game clunky and uninteresting. I was expecting a fast-paced, extravagant shoot and drive experience but what I got was something akin to San Andreas albeit a lot, lot, lot less fun!

Never played Just Cause 2 so I'll save my judgement for when I've played it!

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

Just Cause being sh*t compared to 2nd game? Bitch please, on my weak-ass PC (even back in the time it was weak, not speaking of now when it is dead) these graphics were super-top-notch at 35fps. The game never crashed, lagged or anything like that, it was simply the best optimized game ever. And the jungle GTA-ish sandbox landscape was new at the time, you would go anywhere for fun stuff or just looking for high places and any aircraft which would take you up, up and away and then you jump out for a free fall, then aim for water or do a stunt jump and hijack any vehicle, whether it be a car, boat or aircraft.

The missions were fun in first one too, introducing you to FBI-likely-owned stuff, like superfast speedboat or underwater jet ski and avoiding WW2 bombs under water. Tell me, isn't that original ffs?

And JC2 so far had one of worst/cheesiest/cliché stories in a game ever. With that bad voice acting and boring missions I played the game 200 hours without doing any missions after 2nd one. Like finding any easter eggs, the Lost island, other nice landmarks, enjoying awesome car physics and damage in these deserts and snowy hills. I have even watched videos of crashes while I could play.

And this all and more without mentioning grapple hook shows there are far worser games out there.

Menaced
  • Menaced

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

Just Cause 2 is a f*cking amazing game. Sure the missions were repetitive and the voice acting terrible, the gunplay was fun (at least I thought so) and the island of Panau made for an excellent open world setting even if it was a little lifeless and uninteresting in some areas. I thought the game had a good variety of environments and vehicles, and that grappling hook -- so many hours were spent just grappling onto gas canisters and then blasting off into the skies, or grappling passing cars to roadside objects and making them tipple over.

If Avalanche Studios decide to make a third, I hope they either bring back Panau as a setting or create a completely new one of equal scale. I'd also like to see a return of garages or another form of vehicle storage, so we can store cars just as we did in the first Just Cause. I'd also like to see more weapons. I was shocked at the lack of weapons in Just Cause 2.

blitz
  • blitz

pizzaqueen <3

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=413174

moto_whistle.gif

Triple Penetration
  • Triple Penetration

Box ♡ Out

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

Let's just pretend this topic is something more than that other one. We're discussing first JC and future games here together with Just Cause 2.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

It's more a general topic, so it's all good.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

sh*t wrong topic. I'm retarded.

gtafreak103
  • gtafreak103

Haters gonna hate, n00bs gonna imitate

• Members

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Nov 22 2011, 00:49)
CO-OP

Just Cause 2 was surprisingly good. The shooting was dreadful as well as the driving was. But the ability to just haul yourself around grapling and chuting around made it so free and amazing, I loved climbing the skyscrapers and pretending it was slightly like Mirrors Edge for a moment.

If they made the shooting alot better and worth doing, better AI, ragdoll and death animations. Improve the driving at least to a respectable standard, add co-op and it could even be as good as if not better than Saints Row 2 was for co-op sandbox fun. It merges all those elements in from Mercenaries 2, as that game failed on its arse. JC2 did them alot better.

Spiderman with guns?

Yes please.

This. icon14.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (gtafreak103 @ Tuesday, Dec 6 2011, 15:04)
QUOTE (Daz @ Tuesday, Nov 22 2011, 00:49)
CO-OP

Spiderman with guns?

Yes please.

This. icon14.gif

Listen here, post more than one word please.

I know you can muster up the energy to type a few more, I have faith in you!

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

I have yet to purchase JC2, but it's a game I want after playing the demo. I see a few complaints about how weak the game was, but at the price it can be picked up these days, I may as well check it out. Watched plenty of YT videos, and the game seems to just have no limits...

Anyway, found this article:

Work on a third installment in Avalanche Studios' Just Cause series is underway, with the finished game due out some time next year, so says Xbox World magazine sources.

As reported by CVG, a note in the UK publication's news section reads: "Our spies say devs Avalanche are hard at work as we speak, and that it's set for release next year."

Publisher Sega has so far declined to comment but, if true, a sequel wouldn't come as much of a surprise.

Earlier this year, series creator Christofer Sundberg told Eurogamer that the developer was working on two "huge" titles for release in 2013.

"I can't see that Avalanche wouldn't want to continue on the Just Cause series," added senior producer Andreas Thorsén said. "We love that franchise."

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

I will only get the next Just Cause if they actually give it a decent story. I still have headaches from the previous game. I mean, what were they even thinking?''Hey guys, lets create a game and pull everything in it explosions bullets ninjas nukes oil patriotism racism and ninjas lol'' I know the core of JC was always the gameplay. But if the story isn't OK, then the game is often garbage to me.
Seriously, I think the game was making a fool out of me when the ninjas came in. It felt like a f*cking Rick Roll. After I completed the main game, I didn't continue playing it for some reason.

I hope they do better next time.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:33 PM

Free-Roam and vast open spaces were always there goals.

I remember playing JC1, the acceleration button was the R1.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak103 @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 23:16)
Just Cause 1 was meh. Just Cause 2 however was fun. Just as fun as SA. But how would Just Cause 3 be improved, and what would you expect from it?

kinda like how saints row 1 was meh, saints row 2 was good, and saints row 3 was awesome.

Offtopic: That signature looks painful. happy.gif Ive done that to some one who ticked me off when they were sleeping.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:32 AM

Which ending did everyone choose?

I chose the one closest to me! tounge.gif

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

I actually like the first game until I got about 5 missions through and got tired of the long distances you have to travel to get anywhere, it was seriously tiring. Free Roam in JC2 was much more fun as there was the grappling hook and a wider range of vehicles and sub missions. Not far off RDR or GTA, just a pretty poor storyline held it back, plus no multiplayer.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

http://playstationmo...s-yet-achieved/

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

Seems that Just Cause 3 could be for the Current and Next-Gen,much like the original Just Cause, which launched simultaneously across Xbox and Xbox 360, Just Cause 3 could be headed to current and next-gen platforms too.

http://www.nowgamer....gen_teased.html

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

I hope they focus more on the story this time instead of the garbage story and godawful voice actors in JC2.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 17:01)
I hope they focus more on the story this time instead of the garbage story and godawful voice actors in JC2.

..and the god-awful everything else..

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 12:15)
Seems that Just Cause 3 could be for the Current and Next-Gen,much like the original Just Cause, which launched simultaneously across Xbox and Xbox 360, Just Cause 3 could be headed to current and next-gen platforms too.

http://www.nowgamer....gen_teased.html

I just said that dozingoff.gif

Ryda King
  • Ryda King

Nevags Gordo Scrotorum

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (badboy_zay @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 11:31)

BUT HOW CAN YOO NAWT LIKE DA REE PUHZ, SCAW PEE OH? BOLO SAN TOE ZEE WAZ WAN OF DE GRATE EST VOICE ACT UHS IN DE HEE STORE REE OF VOICE ACT UHS. DE REFFOLOOSHUN GROSS STRONGUH EFREE DAY.

EDMEISTERX
  • EDMEISTERX

My gun is my word,uncensored of course.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

I was just roaming the internet,when I stumbled upon an official JC3 website.It only showed a banner,though.The banner said " Just Cause 3 The Fall Of Rico ".I liked JC2.I especially liked hunting the colonels.The voice acting was bad,story was disorganized and poor,but the game was fun.As said in the website linked by Omen : Over-the-top vehicle expirience.I really hope that driving isn't more important than shooting,because a JC game with a lesser focus on shooting is like,BF3 without guns,or like RDR without the Wild West.It's just plain wrong...
JC2 isn't really a " mission man's " game.Just go out there and go wild ! Assault an oil rig with a jet ! F**k up the jungle with a tractor ! Tether a civillian to a car ! Assault the army with a bubble gun ! Do anything ! It's just fun to roam Panau and uncover all the possibilities in the game !
@ Ryda King That's the most accurate description of Bolo Santosi talking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users