I just played San Andreas for the first time

31 replies to this topic
Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:20 AM

Hi guys,

I tried to play GTA4 as my first game in the series and really didn't like it. I think I may give it a shot sometime later but I think it was intended for long-time fans of the series. I played GTA clones SR1 and 2 and enjoyed them but didn't get into GTA:TBOGT because I wasn't very good at surviving the early missions. So, I was about ready to give up on GTA as a whole when I decided to pick up San Andreas via Xbox download.

Wow.

I *LOVE* this game.

The early game content is tremendously fun and I can't really begin to talk about how much fun I'm having. I love the storytelling too. Are the other early GTA games like this? If so, I may have to pick up GTA III and Vice City via Amazon.com. It's quite possibly the most fun I've ever had playing a game.

*two thumbs up*

How did you guys first get into the game? What keeps you coming back?

BTW, for anybody whose interested, this is my blog review of it.

http://unitedfederat...eas-review.html
  • latigreblue likes this

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:37 AM

Glad you like it!! biggrin.gif

If you want to create your our missions, Go to GTAForums/Modding/Hosted Games/DYOM Mission OR Support.

Have fun. cool.gif

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (KaRzY6 @ Saturday, Nov 19 2011, 02:37)
Glad you like it!! biggrin.gif

If you want to create your our missions, Go to GTAForums/Modding/Hosted Games/DYOM Mission OR Support.

Have fun. cool.gif

Well I play on Xbox, so I'm not sure that's possible.

Thanks, though!

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

Oh yeah, need PC.

You should get PC. So you can download mods and sh*t.

I use to play Xbox, till i got PC about 1 and a half months ago. Alot better, and funner. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

And get involved with my game 'Who Am I?'. Link in my signature. Click the picture. biggrin.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:41 AM

GTA: San Andreas is Gem of a game. Not too difficult and with various ways to play. You won't find any game that gives the feeling of freedom as this. The older games build to this one, so they are dissapointing in some features. And, as you have found GTA:IV doesn't feel right, it's pretty but no fun to play.
As sandbox games go Red Dead Redemption and Oblivion are the only games that come close to GTA:SA. and they can become tedious.
  • skills, latigreblue, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

MrMagic50
  • MrMagic50

Vice City Kingpin

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:09 AM

Dude that review of San An was epic, it actually made me remember why I loved the game so much when I was younger. GTA IV is a much more involved game and is more a story driven game which gives it a feeling closer to a movie than a video game. The first time I played it I died heaps. I have to say I'm not a huge fan of SR just because I love GTA so much. I would also recommend Vice City if you have not already played it. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

San Andreas sh*ts on all games. It is the best game EVER. In all the GTA's, it is set in one city (i think), in SA you have 3 cities, a countryside and desert. This map also sh*ts on all other games. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Overall - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the best game ever. tounge2.gif
  • latigreblue likes this

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

Gta 3 ***** smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Gta sa **** smile.gif smile.gif
Gta vc *** smile.gif
Others **
------------
Gta 3 ***** smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
------------

But SA is also good for its map and features biggrin.gif

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

I may do a "Top Ten Things I Loved About San Andreas" at one point.

I will say I dislike strongly flying and also the fact that there's too many missions where you need a spotless car.

I wish I did have a PC so I could get an indestructible car code.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

We already have "Love / Hate" Topics:
SA: Did you hate it or did you love it?, the game.
Love or Loath?, Survey
3 reasons why I like/love GTA San Andreas, Why?

I don't think another would help any.

Charles Phipps
  • Charles Phipps

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

I actually meant on my blog, LOL.

No.

But yeah, the game really highlights how much of an innovator GTA was. I had no idea so many games stole so flagrantly from it.

Still, as much as I do love San Andreas (i'm still playing it for fun), I wish they'd not been quite SO diverse in play styles.

Just when I think I've mastered one element of the game, the next mission requires me to master another.

It was all a bit overwhelming.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:47 AM

good job, but dont call SR a gta clone. A driving,action, killing a grandma, 3d game is not just for GTA. Calling a game a gtaclone is not fair for other developers who spent so much money and time working on there game. SR and GTA are good in there own ways.
To be honest i like SR2 better then any GTA before 4. But i like GTA 4 better then any saints row. Saints row 3 kinda was a small let down. Cool, but a letdown.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (Charles Phipps @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 01:34)
I actually meant on my blog, LOL.

No.

But yeah, the game really highlights how much of an innovator GTA was. I had no idea so many games stole so flagrantly from it.

Still, as much as I do love San Andreas (i'm still playing it for fun), I wish they'd not been quite SO diverse in play styles.

Just when I think I've mastered one element of the game, the next mission requires me to master another.

It was all a bit overwhelming.

have you beaten the Game yet.? if not have you gotten to the gang territory if you have I recommend you to go to this link.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=322332

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:10 AM

Welcome to the series. smile.gif

Personally I like to think of myself as a veteran of the series having started with GTA 1 back in 1998.

In saying that VC is the best GTA ever. cool.gif

A shame you didn't like GTA IV so much. I really think it's one of the most under appreicated GTAs, but everyone has their own tastes. Not everyone likes the serious tone and prefers the more relaxed, arcade style of the old games.
  • G_Masta_Phunk likes this

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 02:10)
Welcome to the series. smile.gif

Personally I like to think of myself as a veteran of the series having started with GTA 1 back in 1998.

In saying that VC is the best GTA ever. cool.gif

A shame you didn't like GTA IV so much. I really think it's one of the most under appreicated GTAs, but everyone has their own tastes. Not everyone likes the serious tone and prefers the more relaxed, arcade style of the old games.

I didn't really like VC, but then again I liked it way better than III(3) I've played IV(4) I just couldn't get into it like SA, I mean I love the fact that IV was taken in New York cause I'm a total New York Fan. But SA I my most favorite 2nd would then be VC smile.gif .

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

I would realy advise you to pick up the TRILOGY PACK from anywere .R* has it tho im sure you can pick it up any were

TRILOGY PACK includes :GTA III
:GTA VC
:GTA SA

& ITS very cheep ,i own it & playing SA on pc is soo fantastic ! tho doing the controls to ur need can be a little tricky tho doable..HAVE tones of fun.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:30 PM

First time I played PS2, I played this game. Well, I barely know about English at that time, so I just killed some cops, take their guns, survive the wanted level biggrin.gif

What keeping me coming back ? Design Your Own Mission Modifcation. And of course, my laptop compability for any high end game. I couldn't run any of game that has a VGA requirement higher than 256 MB biggrin.gif

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

It's the most long lasting game ever. I played it almost every day since it was new tounge.gif (I'm gonna play some samp when I have posted this!!!)

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (loony979 @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 21:11)
I would realy advise you to pick up the TRILOGY PACK from anywere .R* has it tho im sure you can pick it up any were

TRILOGY PACK includes :GTA III
:GTA VC
:GTA SA

& ITS very cheep ,i own it & playing SA on pc is soo fantastic ! tho doing the controls to ur need can be a little tricky tho doable..HAVE tones of fun.... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

not really the Trilogy Pack can get very expensive.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:47 AM Edited by lil weasel, 25 September 2013 - 10:23 AM.

EDIT: << Merged New topic same nature >>

Hi all!

I loved GTA4 on xbox360, and just tried to get GTA5, but sadly, all the local shops are out of stock! Man, that was a fast sell.

To make me feel better, kid bro loaned me his PS2 slim, and a copy of GTA San Andreas.

After dusting off the PS2 hardware, I connected the machine in via component (to get a better pic) and plucked in the game disk.

Three hours later, and I was still playing, and grinning from ear to ear.

For GTA San Andreas is totally and utterly brilliant game!!!

Yes, I know, I'm a latecomer to this game. I did play GTA3 when it came out, but that was it on PS2. Still, I'm very happy to find this game now.

So, I no longer worry about gettin GTA5. I can see weeks of fun on GTA San Andreas ahead of me.

I've already played about 15 hours, cycling around the place and finding all sort of cool stuff. Like the beach gym and the cycle courier missions.

BEst thing about this game is the funny banter of the homies. Totally brilliant voice acting there. It really makes me feel like I'm rolling with real gangstas on the hood!

Okay, so the graphich might not be too brill compared to todays games, but the game still looks very nice on led tv. And surprisingly the game also runs very smoothly on the PS2 slim.

So, it's all good.

So, a late thank you Rockstar Games for giving us this sort of gaming masterpiece!

• skills likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by fnxrak, 25 September 2013 - 02:11 PM.

San Andreas is the game for me but from what I've played so far in GTA V I'm guessing it will replace San Andreas in a lot of ways, but anyways it's still a lot of fun to play this old masterpiece that kicks the ass of GTA IV. Anyways welcome to the forums "Misbegotten cad" and I hope you have fun playing SA if you need any help or tips just say so, there are a few good players here that are always ready to help anyone enjoying this game.

latigreblue
  • latigreblue

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

A thread expressing love and respect for SA on GTAForums?! Yeah, it's a great game - a classic and a masterpiece.

MVC, I saw you trying to poach - naughty!

Rocky55119
  • Rocky55119

Don't drink the Kool-Aid

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

Awesome! I play Vice City alot and it has alot of features around town, espacially considering it's easy to get money. The story-line is also very rewarding, it allows you to unlock certain buildings to buy and more. I'm gonna get San Andreas on Monday and I hope I have as much fun as you do!

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

San Andreas is the game for me but from what I've played so far in GTA V I'm guessing it will replace San Andreas in a lot of ways, but anyways it's still a lot of fun to play this old masterpiece that kicks the ass of GTA IV. Anyways welcome to the forums "Misbegotten cad" and I hope you have fun playing SA if you need any help or tips just say so, there are a few good players here that are always ready to help anyone enjoying this game.

Yo! Thanks for that, dog!

-Man, I gotta say some of dese missions on SA are really dicey. Way hard, is what I'm saying.

Like the one where I have to chase a train on a motorcycle while my homie, who could not hit a hooker with a million dollars, tries to mow some lowlifes from the roof of the said train. Nuts!

And the one where I have to drive a forklift and, at the same time, protect my homie from some really racist homeguard dudes. Dang, can't these ni**a homies of mine not shoot straight?

For sure!

Well, I'll keep trying, and retrying those missions, but I'm not sure I can get to the next island. Still, there is always the no wanted level -cheat, so at least I can walk around those closed areas of the game without getting molested by overeager motherf-cops.

Still, on the bright side, playing Sa will teach me to talk like a real ghetto lovin gangsta with an attitude problem!

Peace out, bro!

awb555
  • awb555

classic controls!

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

I just beat it 9 years later because I accidentally deleted it off my memory card then two years later the game got all scratched up So I bought a new one the next year I let my neighbor borrowed it. Four months ago I got the PC version It felt so good to finally beat it. Easily by far the best GTA!

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

I played the game all friday night, and got to the second 'island'!!!

Man, those were some great missions and stories on the 'island' one.

But sadly, the second area of the game is less good. There are no more homies, so now your friends are all a bit silly characters. Also, the storylines and missions in this second area are a lot less interesting and compelling.

Makes me miss the first area of the game, which was brilliant, ghetto based gangsta stuff.

So, disappointed by this, I went and started playing GTA 3 Liberty City, which is turning out to be great experience.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

The first time I played San Andreas, I was awake for over 24 hours, and so I didn't get to remember the experience.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Hi guys,

I tried to play GTA4 as my first game in the series and really didn't like it. I think I may give it a shot sometime later but I think it was intended for long-time fans of the series. I played GTA clones SR1 and 2 and enjoyed them but didn't get into GTA:TBOGT because I wasn't very good at surviving the early missions. So, I was about ready to give up on GTA as a whole when I decided to pick up San Andreas via Xbox download.

Wow.

I *LOVE* this game.

The early game content is tremendously fun and I can't really begin to talk about how much fun I'm having. I love the storytelling too. Are the other early GTA games like this? If so, I may have to pick up GTA III and Vice City via Amazon.com. It's quite possibly the most fun I've ever had playing a game.

*two thumbs up*

How did you guys first get into the game? What keeps you coming back?

BTW, for anybody whose interested, this is my blog review of it.

http://unitedfederat...eas-review.html

Welcome to the pro SA crew bro.  :cool:   It's really too bad you couldn't get the 1st PS version to fully enjoy the Hot Coffee content though. :lol:

I hope the amazing experience you're going to have playing SA won't sour you for the SP version in V though. :/   R* really dropped the ball there in terms of SP game content IMO.  :miranda:

If I were god, I'd take all GTA V superior graphics and improved capabilities (like underwater exploration, random RDR style events), and do a COMPLETE graphics overhaul of the original SA. 

That would have been the game which would have lived up to all the hype R* did with marketing V. Ah well.  I'm still holding out hope for the PC....

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

EDIT: << Merged New topic same nature >>

Hi all!

I loved GTA4 on xbox360, and just tried to get GTA5, but sadly, all the local shops are out of stock! Man, that was a fast sell.

To make me feel better, kid bro loaned me his PS2 slim, and a copy of GTA San Andreas.

After dusting off the PS2 hardware, I connected the machine in via component (to get a better pic) and plucked in the game disk.

Three hours later, and I was still playing, and grinning from ear to ear.

For GTA San Andreas is totally and utterly brilliant game!!!

Yes, I know, I'm a latecomer to this game. I did play GTA3 when it came out, but that was it on PS2. Still, I'm very happy to find this game now.

So, I no longer worry about gettin GTA5. I can see weeks of fun on GTA San Andreas ahead of me.

I've already played about 15 hours, cycling around the place and finding all sort of cool stuff. Like the beach gym and the cycle courier missions.

BEst thing about this game is the funny banter of the homies. Totally brilliant voice acting there. It really makes me feel like I'm rolling with real gangstas on the hood!

Okay, so the graphich might not be too brill compared to todays games, but the game still looks very nice on led tv. And surprisingly the game also runs very smoothly on the PS2 slim.

So, it's all good.

So, a late thank you Rockstar Games for giving us this sort of gaming masterpiece!

and just wait until you meet Catalina.....

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

Man, I'm really glad I decided to play through San Andreas, before moving to GTA5

I mean GTA5 contains huge amount of references to SA, and a lot of inside jokes about SA.

so, had I not played SA, I would not have gotten those jokes and references, and so my GTA5 experiece would have suffered.

Now, I'm playing GTA5 for real, and enjoying it hugely. Best part was the visit to the grove street, on CJ:s old house.

I hope the japanese dudes of SA will make an appearance as well in GTA5!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users