Photo

Rampage help? Haitians hate me!

8 replies to this topic
xhazardous
  • xhazardous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

Okay, so I recently completed all the story missions for VC on PS2. I was waiting until I was done with those to do all the side things that will earn me 100%. Of course I did the missions for Auntie Poulet, but I didn't know the completion would affect my gameplay. I am trying to go around doing all the rampages, but they are REALLY difficult now that the Haitians despise me!

Every rampage I do now, 30+ Haitians (and ONLY Haitians) spawn and IMMEDIATELY attack me. Even if I don't have a weapon or shoot at anything in the area, they won't leave me alone and it becomes nearly impossible to do the vehicle-destroying rampages. (Particularly the last one near the army base, they SWARM me and I am dead in less than 30 seconds with no hope of survival!)

I am confused as to why the completion of these missions has caused the Haitian gang to spawn at EVERY SINGLE rampage?!?!! Is there something that can be done to cure it? Am I just S.O.L.?? Is there a technique to avoid getting slaughtered? HELP! sad.gif

cody141
  • cody141

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:32 AM

If I am right,gangs spawn randomly in rampages.I had the same problem a few years ago.
Do you have a modded version of the game?If not try to start the save again and do the before Tojan Vodoo.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

I don't recall any difference in the rampages before or after the Haitians hating you.

The one at the army base can be difficult as your mobility is limited with the minigun--- try jacking a few vehicles and parking them and/or parking a large vehicle so it blocks both lanes of the road-- wait for a little bit of a traffic jam before starting rampage

Regarding the number of haitians spawning-- the game will only spawn haitians in or near your line of sight (not behind you)-- so important not to turn too much during that mission and if you are you better be firing that minigun-- there should not be 30 at one time unless you are turning around in circles.

Watch some youtube vids of that rampage and see if it looks different then your game-- maybe there isn't really an issue.

The Katana rampage at vice port is the only one that gave me problems (for a long time)

Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

Many have said that the katana rampage at Little Havana is the hardest. Today I did it in my first try and was surprised that it turned out to be a smooth one.

Strategy I used and recommend for those who have had or still have problems with completing it:
1) Don´t go attacking the gang members on the narrower street that is closer to you. Go to the main road (in front of the bank, the road that goes from the docks to Downtown).
2) Remember the technique that the third stab is lethal. First two times you just slice with the katana and the third time is the more specific stab that will normally kill and enemy. What you want to do is: dont get right next to a bunch of a gang, but some steps away from them. Try it so, that the first two times you wont hit them, but the third time you WILL. By so you can kill 2, 3 or even 4 have been killed by the lethal third stab.
3) Normally, if you attack the ones at one side of the road, then the ones who already have spawned there will attack you too. Because you´re on the main road, use it to your own advantage and run to the other side. Sometimes run farther so the ones chasing you will disappear or give up chasing you. Repeat the strategy on the other side of the road now.

I truely hope that you wont get a gang that hates you, for this rampage. The Diaz´es men would be extremely hard in this one, but the % for this is very low if not to say impossible. Mostly people will get haitians or cubans.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

What you can do to prevent this problem from happenning is to complete all the rampages before completing "Trojan Voodoo". That way, you can kill gang members without theHaitian gang members attacking you, as the Haitians only start attacking you after completing Trojan Voodoo.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

For the army base one, grab the Rhino from the base, drive over to the Rampage, get out, touch it, then get back in, and boom, you will have your vehicles destroyed in no time.

Provided you have 90 packages found...

nrdani
  • nrdani

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Haitians don't only shoot you after you complete Trojan Vodoo, but they hate you since the game is started, at least for me(not modded game).

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Dr Kain @ Wednesday, Apr 25 2012, 10:57)
For the army base one, grab the Rhino from the base, drive over to the Rampage, get out, touch it, then get back in, and boom, you will have your vehicles destroyed in no time.

Provided you have 90 packages found...

If that works--- bravo (great method)--- I can't recall if the game lets you destroy vehicles using other methods.

You can get the Rhino without 90 packages during Sir Yes Sir-- when you jack the tank in that mission--- take it to the hyman condo garage and park it inside garage before the timer expires--- let it blow up and get the mission failed message-- move away from the garage so the door closes--- when you go back to the garage the garage will heal it.... now save.... enjoy your Rhino.

It is also possible to jack a Rhino-- get 6 stars at the mansion. Stay on the grounds till you get that high--- only cops will spawn there (no FBI or Swat will come on grounds unless you are by the driveway entrance).... when you get to 6 stars let one or 2 rhinos get there out on the street directly in front of the mansion--- grab the "adrenaline pill" out front and this will make them move in slow motion.... jump the wall and when you approach rhino the soldier will get out-- shoot him (head shot him so you know he is dead) and jack it.... it might take a few tries but I've done this at least 10 times before.

GTAFanLuca
  • GTAFanLuca

Just a GTA player

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

I acctually beggined the rampages on Mainland after the haitians hate me. The Stubby Shotgun rampage was vey easy. The TEC-9 wasn't so hard. If you begin like this, it don't means that you can never pass it. Just think positive and have more practice. colgate.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users