Photo

Life In San Diablo

48 replies to this topic
Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:45 AM Edited by SatournFan, 07 January 2012 - 07:50 AM.

user posted image

Story

2004. Matthew Sunside arrives back home, to San Diablo, from Los Diaz. He surprises his brother, Joe, with the phone call. After Matt's arriving everyone can understand that Sunside Brothers are back on track! But most of things changed after Matthew leaved his hometown in 1996. There are new gangs all over the city, including French Neighboorhood, the biggest nemesis appeared on screen for Sunside Brothers gang. It's time for Matthew to prove that he still can hold a gun...

Characters

Name Description
Protagonist
Matthew "Lil' Matt" Sunside Matthew is the youngest brother of Sunside family. He leaved his hometown, San Diablo, to find new job and build his own company but failed and lost most of his money. In 2003, he decided to fly back to San Diablo, but first, he needed money, so he made a bad assignment with theif ring leader, and the operation failed, so in the end of 2003 he leaved Los Diaz.
Main characters
Joe Sunside Joe is the elder brother of Sunside family and a leader of Sunside Brothers gang. In 1994 he bought a house in San Diablo "black" district and based a hideout there. He formed a gang, which he called "Sunside gang". Nowadays, Joe is one of the most wanted criminals all over the city.
Tom Johnson "TJ" Lamar TJ is an old friend of Sunside family and left hand of Joe's gang called Sunside Brothers gang. TJ met Joe long time ago, when they both were schoolmates at San Diablo High School, that's now 35th Street University. When TJ heard that Joe's going to create a gang, he decided to help Joe, and Joe made him his left hand.
Lock "Loc" O'Magic Lock is an old friend of TJ and former student of 35th Street University. Lock wanted to be a good guy, but he disappointed in people and became a wannabe criminal of Sunside Brothers gang. Years ago he met famous producer George Harras and assigned a contract, so now he's a newbie rapper.
Antagonist(-s)
John Bertran John is the main antagonist of the mission pack. John arrived to San Diablo between 1996 and 2000 and created a gang there, called French Neighboorhood. He became the main enemy of Joe Sunside and his gang. He has a house on Fruit Valley.
Gaetano Pirelli Gaetano is the head of Pirelli Crime Family of San Diablo and probably the most dangerous criminal in all of the city. Gaetano had to have some drug lines with Bikers, that's why his family is against Sunside Brothers Gang, just like Bikers themselves. Lock owes him money for almost a year.

Gangs

Name Description
Sunside Brothers Gang Sunside Brothers Gang, formerly known as Sunside Gang, is a gang that was created by Joe and Matthew Sunside. First, this gang was the weak one and received many attacks from the sides of the other gangs, but now, it's the second dangerous gang in all of San Diablo.
French Neighboorhood The French Neighboorhood was created by John Bertran in the meanwhile Matt was looking for job in Los Diaz. They conquered northern turfs of San Diablo and became nemesis to Sunside Brothers Gang. They own a warehouse in San Diablo Docks and hang out on Fruit Valley.

Missions:

Chapter 1 - The Beginning of Great Adventure
Name Mission summary Link
01. How it all began... Joe talks with his friend TJ when suddenly he receives a second call from... Here
02. Gangsters from 35th Street Joe and Matthew are going to meet with an old friend. Here
03. Night Rider TJ calls Matt for a night race. Here
04. Loc of the Locked Joe and Matt are going to help TJ to save Loc Here
05. Show on Fruit Valley Joe and Matt are going to make some show on Fruit Valley. Here
06. O'Pirelli When Matt was about to rest after the last days' events, he receives a phone call from Loc. Here
07. Highway to Heaven TJ calls Matt for a little race. Here
08. San Diablo Ring Info will come up. No yet.

Hope you enjoy playing this, and don't forget to comment. biggrin.gif

Rytuklis
  • Rytuklis

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

Story looks promising icon14.gif

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

I'll play and post feedback tomorrow biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

RamiV2
  • RamiV2

DYOM Enthusiast

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:23 PM

Story looks very creative and as Rytuklis said, promising. I'll play this when I have time and post feedback. smile.gif

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

I've played the first mission. Pretty good, man. A mix of the original SA story, but in a different circumstances. Good job. biggrin.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for your feedbacks, guys. Much appreciated.

3rd mission is released. Play and comment on it. biggrin.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:14 AM

Alright played the missions, here's my thoughts.

They are alright, your skills are getting a little better.

Some advise: to save some time get rid of the last objective requiring to return back to the Family House it is a bit unnecessary, especially if this is going to be in storyline feature later..

Also when you get out of interiors, remember to use the teleport objective to make sure the minimap will pop up.

Other than that it is a good start. I'm looking forward to this. smile.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:20 AM

Thanks, DP!

I forgot to use teleport in first mission, next time I'll be more attentive. And also, I'm not going to make it in a storyline feature, so I won't get rid of making it back to family house.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:25 AM

Alright, if you are gonna keep the last objective, I suggest maybe adding a couple cutscenes from time to time.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:26 AM

I'll think about it.

pauliux2
  • pauliux2

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

Looks good.Going to download a mission now.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:12 AM Edited by john12, 19 November 2011 - 06:10 PM.

Nice story and i guss it will be like your other awsome mission packs. cool.gif

EDIT: Downloaded the missions, gonna play for sure wink.gif

EDIT:Played the missions-

Realism was the first thing i noticed.
Two main characters, nice idea. icon14.gif
A race at night is what called illigal racing.
you also put a time limit for the second mission but reached quckly, atleast gave timed mission too. cool.gif
good search and take objective but what is the full form of TG? confused.gif
Good length and objectives and everything was good. **** and a half/***** icon14.gif biggrin.gif

I hope you make more missions, good luck. smile.gif

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

Played all the three missions.

Well, all the three missions were different in gameplay, but they were short. You must have taken a lot of effort in giving all the animations and spawning, hiding the actors. Just a tip, if you hide or spawn an actor in between cutscenes, first add an teleport player objective. The small break between the two cutscenes gives the actor the time to hide and others to spawn. It looks strange if we can see the hiding and spawning of the actors during the cutscenes.

Also some things I noticed. In the first mission, Joe's skin is black but the hand object that is holding the phone is white. So they don't match. But I must say, that it is a very creative way to make a phone call in cutscenes.

The time limit in the second mission to reach that dealer was too long. The destination was just nearby, and you kept the time limit two minutes. You should have kept that a bit shorter so that it becomes a bit challenging for the player.

The checkpoints in the third mission, were too small. I had to almost stop in order to trigger the next checkpoint. You should have kept them a bit bigger. Also the route-points for the cars were a buggy as none of them could reach the final checkpoint, as they always get stuck somewhere on the way.

Looking forward to the next missions icon14.gif

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:26 AM

Loved the storyline.. it was great. Designing wise, it's going very good 7.5/10

Tips:
  • I liked how you used coloured text for objectives, but i think you should do coloured text for names in cutscenes too.
  • About the interior radar thing, if you need help, here's a tutorial i made about it a week or so ago.
  • I saw a fair few spelling and grammar mistakes, but it was still clear what it said and we all make dialogue mistakes anyway.

I'll be sure to play the rest of the pack. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

Thanks, yet again.

Nitesh, well, I just don't like when head holds phone, if you know what I mean. Then, yeah, in second mission I messed with time a bit, and those actors... I know, they're bad. And it was my first race mission. I'll try to do better work.

KaRzY6, first, I'm not a fan of coloured names in cutscenes, I'm going with Jimmy's style. I forgot about the teleport objective in first mission, I know, my bad, but well, I don't need a tut, I know it by myself. And about mistakes. I didn't notice any letter missing/any mistake in words, maybe, you mean commas (,)?

KaRzY6
  • KaRzY6

♧ Sick Kunt ♤

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

Oh okay, I just thought maybe the coloured dialogue would be good, but your the designer and it's good anyway. And sorry, i thought you might not have known, just trying to help. smile.gif

Will continue to play the missions anyway.. biggrin.gif

Darkseller63
  • Darkseller63

DYOM Designer and User

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

Hey, SatournFan! I played your missons, and I wanna say, that they are very good and qualitative. Keep it up! I wanted to notice some things, but the other boys have already noticed them. I have two questions. Why don`t you use the storyline feature? And how did you do in the third mission, that two objectives appered on the map at the same time?

alucardiff
  • alucardiff

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Looks REALLY nice, can't wait to try it.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:03 AM

Thanks for your feedbacks, guys.

4th mission is out. Make sure you'll play it and comment. biggrin.gif

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:28 AM Edited by john12, 20 November 2011 - 04:30 AM.

Played your mission (halfly)

Man, its impossibe to beat if cops come and shoot us. realism was good and turn off the cop system plus I guss you fogot to hide Joe at first and made another one. Fix it and i will play it. Really nice missions BTW. icon14.gif smile.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:30 AM

I won't turn the cops off to keep the realism. And I thought I hid all the actors that are nnot necessary. I'll try to find my bad.

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:39 AM Edited by john12, 20 November 2011 - 05:23 AM.

QUOTE (SatournFan @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 04:30)
I won't turn the cops off to keep the realism. And I thought I hid all the actors that are nnot necessary. I'll try to find my bad.

okey, i will also play it try to finish it without codes smile.gif

EDIT: Couldn't complete it at all. In any way cop ramms me or my patner or those french kill me or my patner. telling, joe was not hidden after reaching 35th...... If i press G (which is necessary for both of them to enter) non-hidden joe also comes (who is without gun) and helps in fight. But I need to take care of him too. I was just cleaning the building when that asshole died.... 'Mission Failed' Please do something. i want to know what happend to Loc. sad.gif

Notna
  • Notna

It's clobberin' time!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (john12 @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 06:39)

EDIT: Couldn't complete it at all. In any way cop ramms me or my patner or those french kill me or my patner. telling, joe was not hidden after reaching 35th...... If i press G (which is necessary for both of them to enter) non-hidden joe also comes (who is without gun) and helps in fight. But I need to take care of him too. I was just cleaning the building when that asshole died.... 'Mission Failed' Please do something. i want to know what happend to Loc. sad.gif

Yes you could. Just try it again and again. When you completed San Andreas, you didn't try the mission one time and stop playing there, if you couldn't complete it. By myself, when I failed some missions in SA I just tried again and after hours, tears in my eyes, completed it. Just try again.

And SF, this seems like a pretty interesting mission pack. I will try it out later. Good luck icon14.gif

john12
  • john12

Good Bye!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (Notna @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 07:31)
QUOTE (john12 @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 06:39)

Yes you could. Just try it again and again. When you completed San Andreas, you didn't try the mission one time and stop playing there, if you couldn't complete it. By myself, when I failed some missions in SA I just tried again and after hours, tears in my eyes, completed it. Just try again.

And SF, this seems like a pretty interesting mission pack. I will try it out later. Good luck icon14.gif

Thanks man, but i used trainer for SA tounge2.gif

I will not ruin my fun with cheats. smile.gif I try it for sure biggrin.gif

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

Folks, 5th mission is out.

Make sure you play it and give me feedback here. Thanks. biggrin.gif

Darkseller63
  • Darkseller63

DYOM Designer and User

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:58 PM Edited by Darkseller63, 02 December 2011 - 09:52 AM.

I played the 4th and the 5th missions. The 4th were hard. I want to notice some things in the 4th and the 5th mission. Your didn`t hide the running Joe (when you arrived to TJ). And, also I think, you better teleport the player and set Joe and TJ to the front of the gates, after you killed two front guards. When I killed those two front guards, I was on the territory of the warehouse, so I didn`t need to enter the territory through the left gates. And, why in the end of the 4th mission, when the sentence "Mission completed" appears, there is a TJ in the kitchen? I thought he will appear in the next mission, but he didn`t appear. In the fifth mission, I think you don`t need to spawn an armor as an objective. If you have an armor from the others missions, you won`t take it. And also you need to set No Cars objective, when you arrive to the Fruit Valley, because, when I played this mission, Joe was ran over. But, on the other side, it wouldn`t realistic, when the cars would dissapear. That`s all I wanted to say. If I was rude, I`m sorry.

P.S. Answer my message on the first page.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Darkseller63, thanks for your honest feedbacks, man. I'm not the one who'll be offended by feedbacks.

about those questions: I won't use storyline feature because it's not the one I want.

and about that "two objectives": you mean, two blips on radar? Make two checkpoints in a row, without any objective in between.

Darkseller63
  • Darkseller63

DYOM Designer and User

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Darkseller63, thanks for your honest feedbacks, man.

Not at all smile.gif !
and about that "two objectives": you mean, two blips on radar? Make two checkpoints in a row, without any objective in between.

Okay, I understood, thanks a lot!

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

Guys, finally finished the 6th mission, be sure to check it up and give me a feedback. biggrin.gif

If you'll have a bug or glitch, don't hesitate to ask me here.

Nitesh002
  • Nitesh002

Nitesh aka AAAAAAA

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:56 PM Edited by Nitesh aka AAAAAAA, 29 November 2011 - 02:12 PM.

Just completed the mission Loc of the locked.

I loved the difficulty of that mission. I had a lot of fun playing it even if I failed it twice. First time I died when those enemies guarding the gate before it gets locked killed me. Second time, I failed when have to go to the checkpoint at the other 'door' after the gates are closed. Those enemies gave me a surprise and I was dead before I could even move. But I didn't fall for that trap again, because what happened before I got wasted, I had entered that area already, so when the entrance was blocked, I was trapped inside and had to find the way out by jumping across the was.

So in the third and final try what I did was (Do not read ahead if you want to have maximum fun from the mission. It's always fun to figure out the tricks yourself than reading other's. Only read if you are completely stuck in the mission.) After I reached the checkpoint, I quickly got away from the danger zone, jumped over the same wall I had used to get out from that area, but this time I used it to get in. Went from behind and killed all the enemies, while they were all facing at the entrance waiting for me.

It became really easy that way. But by the time I completed that part, I already had three stars. The cops on foot and cars couldn't do anything as none of them even came inside, but the only trouble was the helicopters. I had to stay safe both from them and the enemies, and of course to kill the enemies. By the time I killed the final guy who had Loc, I had 4 stars. The rest of the mission, going to the dorm and then finally to the family house, I had to do it on foot and used the rail line and jumping over fences to finish it. If I had used a car, it would have exploded within a short time because of the commotion going on on the roads.

Well, that was my experience while I was playing the mission. I didn't use any cheats during the gameplay, even though I was planning to use to no wanted level cheat if I had failed the mission during that third try. I really had a lot of fun playing that mission.

The time limit was still WAY TOO LONG. My LEAST time remaining in those three tries was exactly 2:23 minutes. You really should put realistic time limits or not put them at all. (Not trying to sound rude, but its just my honest suggestion.)

The wanted level, I don't know whether you forgot to remove it or was supposed to stay that way, was fun for me because I managed to complete it, luckily. But it would have been better if it were not there.

Going to play the other missions later on.

EDIT: Corrected some typos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users