Photo

EFLC error during installation

3 replies to this topic
lolwutcat
  • lolwutcat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

i got GTA EFLC from a friend because he never plays it, so i go home and try to install it but i get an error like this:
"Feature transfer error

Feature: Episodes From Liberty City
Component: GTAIV_DynamicEFLC
File: D:\data2.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)"

i dont know if its called "cyclic redundancy check" because i had to use google translate because the error was in danish but everything else in english

help plox

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

http://www.gtaforums.....ndancy +check

arpadarpa
  • arpadarpa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:58 AM Edited by arpadarpa, 08 March 2012 - 12:19 PM.

my friend has exacltly the same problem as OP. i'm acting like his tech support here.

the popup appears and installation quits. i just tried to install his game to my computer to see if it's a computer/DVD drive related issue and got the same popup. that's why i'm posting this right now. the game is EFLC PC DVD version.

@mkey82: your search suggestion doesn't give any results. if you search for "GTAIV_DynamicEFLC" you get only my post and OP's post as result.

edit: sorry, i searched again and found that another post with your suggestion. i'll try that and report back.

edit2: it could not copy data2.cab file. seems like he needs to get new set of DVDs

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

Yes on edit number 2. The search link is failing for me as well, probably those ids were session related and therefore invalid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users