Photo

54th Grammy Awards

16 replies to this topic
TheGTARanger
  • TheGTARanger

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

The Grammys are coming up soon (yet some people don't care), so who do you think should be nominated for what award and who do you think should win that particular award?

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

Album of the friggin year
user posted image

mcstupidfun
  • mcstupidfun

D-Bomb

• Members

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:26 AM

I don't take The Grammy's seriously anymore. Taylor Swift got album of the year, Beyonce has 16 Grammy's and six in one night (as if I Am...was better than The Miseducation of LH, Come Away With Me or Back to Black).

Anyway, Adele should sweep unless they go for shock factor aka snubbing Mariah Carey in 1996* and not awarding her during the live telecast in 2006.

*I love both Daydream but Jagged Little Pill is great and Alanis practically came out of no where so I can deal.

springsteen_fan
  • springsteen_fan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Tyler the Creator should win Best New Artist, Watch the Throne or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is going to win Hiphop Album of the Year, and Adele's 21 will probably get the Album of the Year award.

Just my 2 cents. tounge.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:53 AM

Not interested, same ole same ole from the Music industry. Only time you see music on TV basically, except for American Music Awards, and the ever popular Country Music Awards. Seems no one's tiring of the mundane yet...sad

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

Bumping cause the Net talk (and Radio/TV) is about the Grammy awards last night, JOE WALSH performed, he was the coolest in my book. Bruce Springsteen and Foo Fighters, Paul McCartney....anyone else?? I was watching AMC's Walking Dead, have to admit. Perfect timing ?!?

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Wednesday, Nov 30 2011, 11:53)
Not interested, same ole same ole from the Music industry. Only time you see music on TV basically, except for American Music Awards, and the ever popular Country Music Awards. Seems no one's tiring of the mundane yet...sad

Preaching to the choir. It's sad how low American music has sunk since 2000.

....and is there anyone worse than Rihianna? People actually buy that garbage?

Give me 60s/70s/80s/early 90s soul/funk/R&B, along with classic hip-hop and grunge over this new "music" anyday.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Dave Grohl and Joe Walsh sharing the stage at the same time, performing the Abbey Road medley to close the Grammy's. How my head didn't explode due to the sheer awesomeness is beyond me. Also really the only memorable performance of the night.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:22 AM

Why didn't my beautiful Katy win sad.gif

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:21 AM

I'm still rather livid that Skrillex didn't win Best New Artist, especially given the absolutely ridiculous influence he's had on music in the span of a single year. He won all of the Dance categories, but that's doesn't count for much given the retarded way the record industry works, despite the fact that, atleast in the eyes of EDM fans, his competition was rough (Avicii, Deadmau5, etc).

Glad Adele won though, she certainly deserves her giant pile of awards, I remember watching the first airing of her first music video from her first album in the wee hours of the morning on VH1, back when she was one of VH1's Artists to Watch.

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

I've never watched the Grammy's because everyone I like has stopped making music since before I was born so I've never seen a need to indulge myself by watching people I've probably never even heard of and or believe there music is no where near as good as to what I like. Prejudice? Most definitely but that's just me Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

They've done a near full expose on Whitney and the behind the scenes on E!

E Entertainment network, if you're unawares
Normally I don't watch it, but it gave celeb opinions, some thinking the events held in the same hotel she died at, would be canceled, or even should have been canceled

TheGTARanger
  • TheGTARanger

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Tuesday, Feb 14 2012, 04:22)
Why didn't my beautiful Katy win sad.gif

Simple; she was up against Adele in everything she was nominated for. Besides, Katy is over-rated.

Jeeebuuus
  • Jeeebuuus

AKA So-crates

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

About twenty years ago they gave the Grammy for best metal act to Jethro Tull over Metallica's "One". This is why I don't take the grammys seriously enough to watch. They are probably bought. Also todays music is just, just, awful.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:36 AM

Yeah, well, Metallica wasn't expecting a win either, but they showed for the event, TULL didn't because they were seriously expecting NOT to win! Goes to show

Jeeebuuus
  • Jeeebuuus

AKA So-crates

• Members

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Wednesday, Feb 15 2012, 04:36)
Yeah, well, Metallica wasn't expecting a win either, but they showed for the event, TULL didn't because they were seriously expecting NOT to win! Goes to show

Good point. Just goes to show that it isn't necessarily the best artist that is going to win. It is perhaps a popularity contest. In this case its like Oasis winning over the Beatles. Its amazing. And rediculous.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:00 AM

I won't disrespect Jethro Tull, call it their good sense, but supposing they HAD SHOWN up!? They'd be booed perhaps??! Who really disrespects J-Tull though, they don't know good music when they hear it, it's just not Heavy Metal!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users