» «
Photo

ELS v6 and patch 1.0.7.0

8 replies to this topic
Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:17 PM Edited by Darlyn, 12 November 2011 - 11:54 PM.

So is this normal? It doesn't crash immediately, but around 10 minutes after playing. No other mods except xliveless. Tried it with several CVPIs, all produce the same result.

Here are the least few lines of the ScriptHook log
CODE

[INFO] (ELS) File - CMID 108, SANCHEZ off.
[INFO] (ELS) File - CMID 109, ZOMBIE off.
[INFO] (ELS) File - CMID 110, POLICE3 off.
[INFO] (ELS) File - CMID 111, POLICE4 off.
[INFO] (ELS) File - CMID 112, POLICEB off.
[INFO] (ELS) File - vehicle properties retrieved.
[INFO] (ELS) File - information retrieved.
[INFO] Script Hook - Shutdown

And asilog

CODE

Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateA"
"DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateA" hooked, address 0x7415D9CD
Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateW"
"DirectSoundCaptureEnumerateW" hooked, address 0x7415D9EA
Hooking dsound proc named "GetDeviceID"
"GetDeviceID" hooked, address 0x7415D160
Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundFullDuplexCreate"
"DirectSoundFullDuplexCreate" hooked, address 0x7415D429
Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCreate8"
"DirectSoundCreate8" hooked, address 0x7414DE69
Hooking dsound proc named "DirectSoundCaptureCreate8"
"DirectSoundCaptureCreate8" hooked, address 0x7415D371
Loading ASI C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\ELS.asi
ASI loaded : C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\ELS.asi, Address 0x640A0000

ZBNYNC
  • ZBNYNC

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:46 AM

This probably isn't what you want to hear but there really isn't much you can do. ELS is a very unstable mod, and for most people it's really luck.
I've been using it on and off for about six months now and sometimes when I put it in it crashes around ten minutes too, then sometimes I can go for hours and the game won't crash.

ldfxf
  • ldfxf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:57 AM

V6 is the most unstable version.
It crashe my game too. Many people have the same question. But no response from the author.
So the only way is to roll back to V5, V5 is the best ELS until now.

Jestic85
  • Jestic85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hello. I need help about ELS. I Installed a few police cars with ELS, spawn them by simple trainer 6.4. By mysefl lights works good. When I walk without car cops attacked me, and its good too. But if I begin to leave pursuit by car, (cops sitting in car too) game crashed with critical error. Without ELS i havent this problem. How can I fix this? pacth 1070, els v6

ZBNYNC
  • ZBNYNC

Texture Modder

• Members

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (Jestic85 @ Friday, Jan 27 2012, 14:46)
Hello. I need help about ELS. I Installed a few police cars with ELS, spawn them by simple trainer 6.4. By mysefl lights works good. When I walk without car cops attacked me, and its good too. But if I begin to leave pursuit by car, (cops sitting in car too) game crashed with critical error. Without ELS i havent this problem. How can I fix this? pacth 1070, els v6

If you have ELS installed you can't go above level 3 police heat.

Original Light
  • Original Light

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:26 PM Edited by Original Light, 28 January 2012 - 07:06 PM.

Go to your game installation directory, and look for a file named ELS (it should open in notepad), and make sure that this:

CODE
Ai_ELS_SP = 1      // Toggles ELS on/off for AI in SP

Is set to this:

CODE
Ai_ELS_SP = 0      // Toggles ELS on/off for AI in SP

Just change the 1 to a 0. Doing this disables ELS for AI, which is the problem for most game crashes.
I had the same problem, and I couldn't even get a wanted level without the game freezing.

Another thing: Make sure that clip capture is OFF, as if it's on, it will be capturing the ELS Light Patterns. Causing more stress on your computer and making the game more
vulnerable to crashes. You will also get more fps, which is important for players running the game on lower built PC's.

Lastly, make sure that your game has the latest patches. Doing this will solve most problems. (This does not apply to all mods, ENB for example, which requires lower patches.

altoproxima
  • altoproxima

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:10 PM Edited by altoproxima, 05 February 2012 - 03:25 PM.

Original Light, thanks this worked for me to stop all the crashes I had icon14.gif . It also solved the taxi bug. I was wondering if all those suffering the taxi bug have ELS installed. Because turning ELS off for the AI solved the taxi bug for me might be worth telling the developers of ELS.

edit :

As a last note I would like to add that turning this off for the AI, the cop cars are no longer invulnerable. mercie_blink.gif

moonblazer
  • moonblazer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

Does anyone know how to change ELS, so when holding down G it only honks your horn and not scroll through the sirens?

TheGreene2010
  • TheGreene2010

GTA Forums is a hopeless wretched place

• Members

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (altoproxima @ Sunday, Feb 5 2012, 15:10)
Original Light, thanks this worked for me to stop all the crashes I had icon14.gif . It also solved the taxi bug. I was wondering if all those suffering the taxi bug have ELS installed. Because turning ELS off for the AI solved the taxi bug for me might be worth telling the developers of ELS.

edit :

As a last note I would like to add that turning this off for the AI, the cop cars are no longer invulnerable. mercie_blink.gif

It does it with high poly car mods too.

And was ELS canceled like a year ago too? Maybe thats why Luxart isn't responding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users