Not Unique colour vehicles

6 replies to this topic
Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

Hi,

I am a great lover of GTA Vice city and also great lover for collecting rare and special vehicles. I have read about so many guides of special vehicles. But actually I see some of them are not actually rare. If I list them,

1.) White Admiral (At the beginning) -

Guide says this white Admiral is unique but can unlock in the Vercetti Estate after keep your friends close. Yesterday, I suddenly saw it is in Vercetti estate after I successfully completed "The Job" mission (Final Malibu club mission). It's exactly the same Admiral which Ken Rosenberg gives at the beginning. When I see this, I also noticed the usual Stretch is not at that place in Vercetti Estate. Once I save game and reload, it's not there and usual Stretch is there. Also after I do Shooting Range and score more than 45 points to get fast reload ability and came back to vercetti estate with helicoptor and I saw from in the air once again that White Admiral is there and Stratch is not there. In fact, I saved game in Car Showroom with putting that white Admiral in a garage of there. When I reload, I saw 3 rare cars (BP/EP/FP Sabre turbo, FP Banshee, FP Cheetah) missed in other garage and only CP Admiral was there. Fortunately I had one back up and then did the shooting range once again and this time I didn't save it and then, no problem was done. All of my 4 cars are safely in that garage. I don't know whether this is a glitch or not. I request to try it whether I am right or wrong.

2.) Black Admiral -

Guide says this can only be acquired in missions "Check out and check in" and "Loose ends". How ever, I suddenly notcied something against it. I could manage to get 2 CP Admirals in mission "Guardian Angels" (First failing mission and other after passing mission). I thought 2nd one to be painted and painted in car showroom's pay and spray. Very first time I painted that CP admiral, I got its colour to black. Unfortunately I can't prove it. I thought It's good if I can get red or blue colour. So I shocked with getting black colour. In the end, I painted it to blue colour and let me try to get it from "Check out and check in" with a challenge. But I request you to paint any admiral car with car showroom's pay and spray. You might see black colour.

3.) Black Pony -

Guide says this can be acquired during the mission "Loose ends". But you know that there is a pony always parked at vice port (There is a sub machine gun nearby). I twice saw that colour of that Pony is black. So I have a doubt whether this is a unique colour vehicle.

4.) Taxis with special radio -

Guide doesn't cover this. When I do the mission "Hit the Courier", I jacked a near by taxi to get into the exact location. My plan was to steal Black Sentinal rather than passing the mission. I surprised that the taxi I jacked has a special radio like Police vehicles, Ambulances and Fire Trucks. Getting Black Sentinal was so difficult for me because it's very difficult to snipe the driver with driving so fast. So I could pass this mission on 15th try with getting Black Sentinal (But passing this mission is pretty easy). In fact, those 15 times, I jacked 4 taxis nearby to get to the desired location. I had 3 taxis with having special radio from out of 4. Search taxis nearby Little Havana and Little Haiti. You may find this.

Any way, I personally believe other unique colour vehicles are correct as guide says. I tried painting Sentinal and Washinton cars to check whether I can get Black colour. But I didn't get after more than 10 paintings. I got white colour for Sentinal.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:23 AM

From Pay and Spray, you can get black vehicles, yes, you can find them on the streets as well. But they are not that pitch glossy black, like the unique ones are. There are also subtle differences in shades of white... Very subtle. Irrelevant differences, one may say, if one is not into collectible pieces smile.gif (I am not absolutely sure about the white Admiral at the Estate though, I'll check it one of these days)
If in doubt, place the two cars, one from the street, one acquired from the mission, side by side. You'll see the difference.

Forcefield
  • Forcefield

Trick

• Members

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

I believe the Admiral and Stretch at the mansion both still spawn, but their spawn points are too close together so only one of them spawns at a time.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ Sunday, Nov 13 2011, 11:23)
From Pay and Spray, you can get black vehicles, yes, you can find them on the streets as well. But they are not that pitch glossy black, like the unique ones are. There are also subtle differences in shades of white... Very subtle. Irrelevant differences, one may say, if one is not into collectible pieces smile.gif (I am not absolutely sure about the white Admiral at the Estate though, I'll check it one of these days)
If in doubt, place the two cars, one from the street, one acquired from the mission, side by side. You'll see the difference.

In fact you are right. I successfully completed 100% with getting all of special and proofed vehicles including FBI Rancher. I will update my game files. I got 2 black Admirals from "Check out and check in" and "Loose ends" and their colour is very dark black and it's not the same black colour I got from painting. Black Pony also has a dark black colour instead of light black colour I had seen before. I don't think Sentinal and Washinton can get black from painting and it seems they are very unique black colours for those vehicles.

In fact, I found that any stage of game after you acquire Diaz's Mansion, you can find out a white admiral along slightly right from normal stretch is there. But when you find white admiral, always stretch is not there. I am absolutely sure that fact. You will find a white admiral at your mansion in any time after you acquire. So definetely, the white admiral at the beginning is not rare.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:25 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 17 November 2011 - 05:35 AM.

Have you ever tried comparing Ken's Admiral and Diaz's Admiral at the mansion?
user posted imageuser posted image
Even though they are both white, that doesn't mean both their colors are the same. They are different shades of white. This same argument applies with your black vehicles claim.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Hmm?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

^ What they said about the black/white cars.

Also, the taxis get special radios after you've done the Cabmageddon mission. Before that they have normal radios like all other cars.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Saturday, Nov 19 2011, 13:37)
^ What they said about the black/white cars.

Also, the taxis get special radios after you've done the Cabmageddon mission. Before that they have normal radios like all other cars.

About the Taxi Radios-ONLY the Kaufman cabs gets the dispatch radio after completing the asset-however, the Zebra cab(inside Kauffman cabs headquaters) still has the regular car stereo and not the dispatch one...The regular City Taxis' AND the non-kaufman cabs have the regular radio still...Just a heads up. tounge2.gif

But as Spaceinstein said, there are different shades of the colors-as he showed with the Admiral, the one on the left is a cleaner white and the right one is darker white...It may not look like it in your game, as monitors vary, video cards vary, and in-game settings vary, etc...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users