Photo

ChinaGreenElvis ENB

144 replies to this topic
chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

Replace the text of enbbloom.fx with the contents of icebloom.fx from iCEnhancer 2.1 and you'll get the lens flares without those terrible vertical lines.

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

I thought the lens flare was one thing that was missing. So you recommend using the enbbloom from ice then?

Starship Ghost
  • Starship Ghost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:31 PM Edited by Starship Ghost, 14 September 2012 - 03:51 PM.

you can try iCEnhancer 2.1 enbbloom.fx, or P1ch3's.... but neither look as good as they could with default ENBseries.ini settings, I'm trying to get it to look good. I'm talkin about the lens flare/bloom from the Sun. As for the corona lens flare from lights like headlights, street lamps, traffic lights.... some of them are not bright enough and still trying to figure that one out. I'm using the coronas.wtd from Metalwars, but if I can figure out how to increase the glow and/or brightness of them I may switch to P1ch3's corona for a more realistic light sprite...it was just too low when I tried it and couldn't see. In his screenshots it is real bright, maybe too bright for street lights. Luis' apartment light above the door when you exit the building from inside looks good, so do headlights when they are on bright...but otherwise the headlights aren't shining bright enough.

We do need to get a list here of all the enbseries.ini settings that have no affect in EFLC 1.1.2.0, so we don't waste time changing stuff. Especially for me, cause I usually crash GTA when I Alt+Tab out to desktop, so I gotta change settings before loading the game.

Another thing I notice is corona flare doesn't fade out right on police car lights... so it looks kinda fake especially up close. Also, if you go into Bahama Mamas, the dance floor is not glowing at all, the squares just look like flat colored blocks, if any one knows how to fix any of these things.

and yet another bug I have, a lot of times I am not getting the texture for my car headlights on the front or rear even when pressing the breaks or turning on the brights the only thing that increases is the corona but the light doesn't actually switch to the texture it is suppose to like traffic lights do. All other cars in the game have their light textures... but usually mine don't whether in single player or free mode. Once in a while they do. I know others have had this bug and I saw a fix once but can't find it again. This happens with fresh vanilla install too. I'm gonna guess a lot of people have this bug and don't even realize it. Cause I didn't notice, until I looked when hearing about it.

Lastly, Texture flickering when using high-resolution textures from the best sources like DK and Neophyte. Like if I fly in the sky the beach flickers like hell. Buildings also sometimes until I drive close to them then the textures stop flickering. It can be overlooked, it is just annoying and would be nicer to fix it.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Vintage88 @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 12:06)
I thought the lens flare was one thing that was missing. So you recommend using the enbbloom from ice then?

For now, it works as a temporary substitute. I'll be including that lens flare in 4.0 since it's appears to be the least annoying one I've seen so far.

Just be sure you change the PrePass and Pass1 and 2 values from 0.1 to 0.111111, otherwise they will interfere with the bloom settings.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Starship Ghost @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 15:31)
Lastly, Texture flickering when using high-resolution textures from the best sources like DK and Neophyte. Like if I fly in the sky the beach flickers like hell. Buildings also sometimes until I drive close to them then the textures stop flickering. It can be overlooked, it is just annoying and would be nicer to fix it.

I get flickering even without texture mods. GTA IV is a fairly buggy game, I guess.

Starship Ghost
  • Starship Ghost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:43 PM Edited by Starship Ghost, 14 September 2012 - 04:58 PM.

QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 16:17)
QUOTE (Starship Ghost @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 15:31)

I get flickering even without texture mods. GTA IV is a fairly buggy game, I guess.

oh do you? well, I think i did also with vanilla install but it was very very minimal. the texture mods just at least doubled it. It wouldn't be so buggy if developers would revert back to the old ways of developing on PC first then porting to the sh*tty consoles. Instead of now they port everything to PC and we have to mod the games to really get them how they should be.

I also don't get my rain hitting the ground, another common bug and not sure if there is a fix

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Starship Ghost @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 16:43)
oh do you? well, I think i did also with vanilla install but it was very very minimal. the texture mods just at least doubled it. It wouldn't be so buggy if developers would revert back to the old ways of developing on PC first then porting to the sh*tty consoles. Instead of now they port everything to PC and we have to mod the games to really get them how they should be.

I also don't get my rain hitting the ground, another common bug and not sure if there is a fix

I've never seen the "no rain hitting the ground" bug. Sounds like you might have one too many mods installed, or maybe some remnants of older ones. Maybe some rain effect files unwittingly cause this?

All the previous versions of CGE ENB have the "oops I drove over a fire hydrant and now my car is flying a hundred feet in the air" problem because I never realized that there were some leftover effect files from whatever ENB I started with that I thought were harmless and only made the game look better. Turns out they were the cause, so I've ditched them in 4.00. Who knows what other things they might have been responsible for that I never took notice of?

Starship Ghost
  • Starship Ghost

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Saturday, Sep 15 2012, 03:11)
QUOTE (Starship Ghost @ Friday, Sep 14 2012, 16:43)

I've never seen the "no rain hitting the ground" bug. Sounds like you might have one too many mods installed, or maybe some remnants of older ones. Maybe some rain effect files unwittingly cause this?

All the previous versions of CGE ENB have the "oops I drove over a fire hydrant and now my car is flying a hundred feet in the air" problem because I never realized that there were some leftover effect files from whatever ENB I started with that I thought were harmless and only made the game look better. Turns out they were the cause, so I've ditched them in 4.00. Who knows what other things they might have been responsible for that I never took notice of?

hmm... well I do have quite a few simple scripts (10-12 of them), plus simple native trainer 6.4, and I replaced the Faggio, Super GT, and Dinghy with BMX Bike, Delorean, and Jet Ski. The headlight bug I get with Vanilla GTA, I'm gonna search for that fix and see if it works cause it is starting to bother me with no headlight textures and only corona. The no rain, I am not sure what causes it, I thought it was ENB. Next time I do a fresh install I'll be sure to see if I get it without ENB and Scripts.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

What video card and drivers are you using?

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

Headlight brightness can be changed in visualsettings.dat. The emissive property seems to be the one that changes how bright they look when looking directly at them (the glow around the lights).

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:07 PM Edited by Vintage88, 16 September 2012 - 04:11 PM.

@Starship - The rain not hitting the ground has something to do with Scripthook I think. Remove it and see what happens, but obviously that's not a solution.

@CGE -If there's a glitch that causes what you've described with the fire hydrant, I'm not sure you need to remove that tounge2.gif . That's one thing I miss from the older games, the unrealistic hydrants.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Vintage88 @ Sunday, Sep 16 2012, 16:07)
@Starship - The rain not hitting the ground has something to do with Scripthook I think. Remove it and see what happens, but obviously that's not a solution.

@CGE -If there's a glitch that causes what you've described with the fire hydrant, I'm not sure you need to remove that tounge2.gif . That's one thing I miss from the older games, the unrealistic hydrants.

I use scripthook and trainer as well and don't get the rain problem myself.

The fire hydrant thing isn't so much a glitch as probably one of the intended effects of the files I was using (common/data/effects/). Super hilarious but also gets old fast, especially when you're going for more realism. smile.gif

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

4.00 Beta 2 is up.

File cleanup, zeroed out enbseries.ini settings that seem to have no effect in 1070/EFLC, added new corona texture from metalwars pack (www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-iv/misc-mods/13642), restored vehicle taillight beams, made headlights and other lights brighter, various timecyc and enbseries.ini edits.

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:32 AM

Awesome wink.gif . Any idea if it's possible to take the lines from p1ch3s enbbloom for lens flare, then transfer them to yours? Because his bloom effects seem quite different, it's hard to explain but his bloom seems like it "diffuses" more.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (Vintage88 @ Thursday, Sep 20 2012, 04:32)
Awesome wink.gif . Any idea if it's possible to take the lines from p1ch3s enbbloom for lens flare, then transfer them to yours? Because his bloom effects seem quite different, it's hard to explain but his bloom seems like it "diffuses" more.

Just replace enbbloom.fx with the one from his mod and then adjust the settings accordingly.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

Updated to version 4.00, final release. Hope you guys like it. Been almost a year since I started this mod, and now I hope I'm done.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 01:05)
Updated to version 4.00, final release. Hope you guys like it. Been almost a year since I started this mod, and now I hope I'm done.

I lied. Version 5 is up now.

Version 4 had some ugly transitions between weather types, so I had to redo the entire sky section of the timecycle using the original as a starting point. Changed brightness settings to better match cutscenes, made vehicles more shiny, changed default settings and added a few new color filters. This technically should be 4.01 but it was hardly a minor edit and felt more like a near-complete overhaul, so it's version 5.

Lenin
  • Lenin

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

It looks great and all but for some reason I keep crashing with this just when I have launched the game and when the first legal screen is showing:
user posted image
Sometimes, though, it works. But it's rarely.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (Lenin @ Wednesday, Oct 3 2012, 10:34)
It looks great and all but for some reason I keep crashing with this just when I have launched the game and when the first legal screen is showing:
user posted image
Sometimes, though, it works. But it's rarely.

You should post your system specs if you're having a problem, but I can almost guarantee you that the error you're getting is not the result of this mod.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

In the meantime, you may want to try this Google search.

Lenin
  • Lenin

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

I have a GTX 670, I supopse that's the only thing that's relevant. Running Win7.

Some other ENB mods i tried worked (also crashed sometimes at startup tho, but that seemed to be the directx file) but they're not as good as yours.

BEX is not exactly a specific thing to search for. It can be anything. I'm 100% sure it's ENB related, so just thought you maybe had a clue, sry.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Lenin @ Wednesday, Oct 3 2012, 20:52)
I have a GTX 670, I supopse that's the only thing that's relevant. Running Win7.

Some other ENB mods i tried worked (also crashed sometimes at startup tho, but that seemed to be the directx file) but they're not as good as yours.

BEX is not exactly a specific thing to search for. It can be anything. I'm 100% sure it's ENB related, so just thought you maybe had a clue, sry.

This is the first I've seen it come up, myself.

Uninstall, reinstall? Pretty much any time I have a problem, nine times out of ten it's because I've modified the wrong files and never properly reverted them. The rest involves making sure the latest versions of Dot.Net, DirectX, and GFWL are installed.

Lenin
  • Lenin

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Sorry for wasting your time about that, it was my ingame recorder. I set it to hook after 25 secs instead of 15 which apparently caused trouble with ENB's D3D9.

Anyway. It's really looking great. The first ENB which I am actually USING and not just trying out to see how it is. Because this one feels much more finished. Only thing, though, which I am not sure is default ENB "behavior" and cannot be fixed is this: - The weird lightning changes.. when you look from different angles.

It's EFLC, btw.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Lenin @ Friday, Oct 5 2012, 23:29)
Sorry for wasting your time about that, it was my ingame recorder. I set it to hook after 25 secs instead of 15 which apparently caused trouble with ENB's D3D9.

Anyway. It's really looking great. The first ENB which I am actually USING and not just trying out to see how it is. Because this one feels much more finished. Only thing, though, which I am not sure is default ENB "behavior" and cannot be fixed is this: - The weird lightning changes.. when you look from different angles.

It's EFLC, btw.

That is strange, I haven't seen that yet. Can you take a screenshot of the map locations where it happens for you? I'll see if I can reproduce the problem for myself.

Lenin
  • Lenin

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

http://i.imgur.com/uL2VH.png

Right there.. But it has happened other places as well, ofc.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Lenin @ Saturday, Oct 6 2012, 01:02)

Yeah, I'm definitely not experiencing that issue.

Make absolutely sure you're using a clean install, that you have the latest updates, that GFWL, Dot.Net and DirectX are fully updated.

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:45 AM Edited by headmetalbanger, 06 October 2012 - 07:47 AM.

I have the same problem ^

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (headmetalbanger @ Saturday, Oct 6 2012, 07:45)

I have the same problem ^

Well, good luck solving it; since I don't get the issue, I have no idea what's causing it. I'm sorry, guys, there isn't anything I can do.

Lenin
  • Lenin

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Is there anything light-related that I can maybe turn off or tweak and see if it causes the issue?

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Lenin @ Saturday, Oct 6 2012, 10:42)
Is there anything light-related that I can maybe turn off or tweak and see if it causes the issue?

Try using only the base directory ENB files to see what happens. (Use the original timecyc.dat file, etc. to rule out those files as the cause of the problem.)

Then, if you're still getting it, try adjusting the AdaptationMin and Max values in enbseries.ini. Then try turning ForceMinMaxValues to false.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users