» «
Photo

ChinaGreenElvis ENB

140 replies to this topic
chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:00 AM Edited by chinagreenelvis, 09 October 2012 - 07:05 AM.

user posted image

Download
http://gtaiv.chinagreenelvis.com/enb

Red Sky Fix (Standalone)
http://gtaiv.chinagr...lvis.com/redsky

Description
This modification to ENB 0.082b is compatible with GTA IV 1.0.7.0 and EFLC.

Features
• ENBSeries post-processing
• Designed for 1.0.7.0 and EFLC
• Easily modified
• Adjustable static depth of field
• Motion blur
• FXAA anti-aliasing
• Custom visual presets
• Increased draw distance
• Timecycle written from scratch
• Crash-free
• Proper rendering of cutscenes
• No overbrightness/darkness
• Works in multiplayer
• No red skies/no black horizon
• Improved vehicle shadows

Known Issues
• Some ENB settings are not adjustable in 1.0.7.0/EFLC, all unusable settings have been zeroed out in enbseries.ini

Revision History

V1:
• 1.0.0 - Starting with Gionight's Best ENB, added iCE's DOF and Motion Blur to enbeffect.fx and used the iCEnhancer 1.35 config as a starting point
• 1.1.0 - Tweaked enbseries.ini to prevent too much brightness in cutscenes and in general, increased bloom amount in enbeffect.fx
• 1.2.0 - 1070/EFLC timecyc.dat crash fix when using custom shaders, added shaders from UndockedSwine 0.9.3
• 1.3.0 - Adjusted all values for balanced brightness and contrast in 1070/EFLC, added static DOF by P1ch3 (changed the values to be less blurry) as an extra option
• 1.3.1 - Removed unneccessary(?) shader files, changed sun size and other ajustments in enbseries.ini
• 1.3.2 - Restored shader files, needed for cutscenes
• 1.4.0 - Eased up on the bloom, adjusted sun settings, removed extra files, removed the iCE DOF, fixed daytime contrast problem
• 1.4.1 - Added new variables to enbeffect.ini, made adjustments to compensate for the differences between 1040 and 1070/EFLC, tweaked settings again
• 1.4.2 - Fix for overly bright and improper rendering of cutscenes (shaders folder was in the wrong location, derp)
• 1.4.3 - Minor aesthetic adjustments, added White Skies option to "fix" the red sky bug
• 1.5.0 - Removed 1040 version in favor of 1070 and EFLC compatibility, added "Classic Skies" fix, added variable "DOFDistance" to enbeffect.fx, tweaked the hell out of enbeffect.fx, enbseries.ini, and timecyc.dat
• 1.5.1 - Major changes to timecyc.dat, added visualsettings.dat to remove ground glows from traffic lights, other aesthetic adjustments, reorganized folder structure
• 1.5.2 - Added "ClassicSkies.zip" as an additional option for people who only want the red sky fix for their current ENB mods, edited the readme to include the same installation instructions for all versions of GTA IV
• 1.5.3 - Changed visual settings, added water texture and a few effects from iCEnhancer 1.35
• 1.5.4 - Major edits to sunny and extrasunny weather types, extrasunny is now cloudless
• 1.6.0 - Changes to all weather types
• 1.6.1 - Edited enbpallete.bmp, enbeffect.fx, and timecyc.dat for better and more balanced contrast, removed blue distance haze from Extra Sunny at night
• 1.6.2 - Added visual presets "Default", "Bloomy", "Crisp", "Dustbowl", "Fight Club", "Ice", "Noir", "Tangerine Nightmare", and "Vintage"
• 1.7.0 - Reorganized folder structure (again) and removed unneccesary shader files, re-added support for patch 1.0.4.0, imported high quality DOF from Raigen's ENB, fixed a problem with bloom adding color after desaturation, added SMAA, tweaked a few settings and updated visual presets
• 1.7.1 - Removed SMAA, changes to sunny-windy weather

V2:
• 2.00 - Be genetically DIFFERENT, baby!
• 2.01 - Added option for DOF quality, moved enbeffect.fx settings to enbconfig.txt, removed unnecessary FXAA files
• 2.02 - Increased DOF distance to fix blurry cutscenes, tweaked brightness and contrast in a few presets
• 2.03 - HQ DOF is now default, new default settings and new visual presets
• 2.04 - Tweaked default settings and visual presets (again)

V3:
• 3.00 - No more black lines on the horizon! No more red skies! ENB clouds enabled!
• 3.01 - Added preset "Jersey," fixed ugly vehicle shadows

V4:
• 4.00 Beta - Made vehicle shadows lighter, overhauled the configuration file (all settings are now in enbconfig.ini), edited configuration values to be more intuitive, revamped visual presets and default settings, rewrote timecyc from scratch, decreased sun size in visualsettings.dat, restored enbseries.ini to default state and changed settings, discontinued support for patch 1040
• 4.00 Beta 2 - File cleanup, zeroed out enbseries.ini settings that seem to have no effect in 1070/EFLC, added new corona texture from metalwars pack (www.gtagaming.com/downloads/gta-iv/misc-mods/13642), restored vehicle taillight beams, made headlights and other lights brighter, various timecyc and enbseries.ini edits
• 4.00 - Lots of tweaks and adjustments, added visual presets, Final Release

V5:
• 5.00 - Version 4 had some ugly transitions between weather types, so I had to redo the entire sky section of the timecycle using the original as a starting point. Changed brightness settings to better match cutscenes, made vehicles more shiny, changed default settings and added a few new color filters. This technically should be 4.01 but it was hardly a minor edit and felt more like a near-complete overhaul, so it's version 5.
• 5.01 - Fixed problem with camera shots being black, minor adjustments to timecyc.dat, DOF is now disabled by default so people who can't be bothered to read the readme.txt file will stop complaining about FPS, made visual settings presets for DOF
• 5.02 - Made sunrises less abrupt, fixed exposure problem
• 5.03 - Fixed a slight problem with blurriness, sharpened the default settings and lowered the noise, adjusted timecyc and enbeffect brightness values to improve consistency between interior and exterior spaces.

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Sounds great, more pics before download though?
Im using the mod from this post on EFLC atm: http://www.gtaforums...pic=446572&st=0
Thats pretty damn good now, so is yours much different? Obviously no sky bug really attracts me

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:35 PM

I'm working on getting some screenshots of the latest version, and 1.5.1 is also in the works.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:31 AM Edited by chinagreenelvis, 28 November 2011 - 03:27 AM.

~~~~~

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:53 AM

I tryed that shader seem to fix but i notice red sky some times on my own Enb series..I thought this shader would fix bug? Anything else i need?

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Saturday, Nov 19 2011, 05:53)
I tryed that shader seem to fix but i notice red sky some times on my own Enb series..I thought this shader would fix bug? Anything else i need?

Try this: http://gtaiv.chinagr...lassicSkies.zip

If that doesn't work, try using the entire shaders folder from my ENB.

Also, remember to increase the farclip distance to 10000 and try to use a good DOF effect. That will thin the black band on the horizon and smooth it out some. If you don't see a black line at all then the fix isn't being applied correctly.

buzzbass
  • buzzbass

esto está lleno de comepollas

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

sounds good, I'll try it, thanks for 1070 and EFLC support!! actually I use this mod: http://www.gta4-mods...mod-rev2-f10162 and this not have red-sky bug and work perfect on my Steam version (1.0.7.0) wink.gif ... One more time, thanks a lot for 1070 and EFLC support inlove.gif

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (buzzbass @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 12:30)
sounds good, I'll try it, thanks for 1070 and EFLC support!! actually I use this mod: http://www.gta4-mods...mod-rev2-f10162 and this not have red-sky bug and work perfect on my Steam version (1.0.7.0) wink.gif ... One more time, thanks a lot for 1070 and EFLC support inlove.gif

Vulgardrop's version is okay. It's a bit too bloomy and glowy for me, and he uses the "white square" fix to get rid of the red skies, which causes the sky to change back and forth between shaders and makes the giant white square float in the air. I used this fix for a little while before coming up with a complete shader replacement to get rid of both.

fakespyder
  • fakespyder

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:06 AM

Hey man, nice work cool.gif
I also tried your gta_atmoscatt_clouds.fxc fix in Project RAGE for eflc 1.1.2.0 and it seems okay too. Will try it on other versions.
Its great not to have the sky flashing red.
Thanks!

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE (fakespyder @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 02:06)
Hey man, nice work cool.gif
I also tried your gta_atmoscatt_clouds.fxc fix in Project RAGE for eflc 1.1.2.0 and it seems okay too. Will try it on other versions.
Its great not to have the sky flashing red.
Thanks!

Good to know. The only major drawback apart from the horizon line is that ENB settings no longer apply to the skydome. But I agree, it's so much better than the red sky and/or floating square.

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:14 PM

Cant get it to work on mine, it crashes, i have to use EFLC version in this topic: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=446572

Game just crashes on startup, doesnt get to the menu/loading screens

Lancslad2010
  • Lancslad2010

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

works for me but its very laggy so i removed it but it did look awesome tho shame i couldnt use it sad.gif

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:59 AM

Yea i can get other settings to work, this one just wont start up, iv deleted the settings file to see if that made it work, it didnt.

Dont know what else to try, anyone else having this issue?
Press play on social club think, loads for few seconds, black screen comes up, windows circle and crash/not responding

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:07 AM

This mod isn't for the settings just use anything enb it will work on here doesn't lag for me.Newest version works fine no red sky just horzion i don't mind it.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:03 PM Edited by chinagreenelvis, 23 November 2011 - 05:10 PM.

QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 05:59)
Yea i can get other settings to work, this one just wont start up, iv deleted the settings file to see if that made it work, it didnt.

Dont know what else to try, anyone else having this issue?
Press play on social club think, loads for few seconds, black screen comes up, windows circle and crash/not responding

First, make sure you're not using any other mods in conjunction with this one to eliminate the possibility of conflicts. I suggest making a backup copy of your EFLC installation and starting clean.

If the game were crashing after load, I would suggest it was the timecyc.dat file causing problems as in other mods, but since you don't even get that far, I'm inclined to think that you've got some other bad files floating around. I've had similar issues with trying to use Xliveless or having the wrong Scripthook.dll, or trying to start the game from a directory other than the one specified in the Windows registry.

Also, for EFLC, make sure you're using the files in "Extra Files for EFLC." Using the included shaders with the default timecyc.dat files will cause crashes.

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Yea i made sure to make back ups, as far as i can tell, other than some script mods and the simple trainer, which i know work fine, i have no idea what could be causing problem, a shame because i like your settings, i applied you sky bug fix to another enb setting and it worked but the game crashed when i tried to change weather to sunny/cloudy or something, havnt done a full test yet though

Guns*R-Us
  • Guns*R-Us

Why So Serious ?

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:19 PM

Could you plz tell me what are exactly files that fix the red sky bug ?
Thanks ! smile.gif

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:41 PM Edited by chinagreenelvis, 25 November 2011 - 06:50 PM.

QUOTE (viettuan @ Thursday, Nov 24 2011, 23:19)
Could you plz tell me what are exactly files that fix the red sky bug ?
Thanks ! smile.gif

I provided a link earlier in the thread: http://gtaiv.chinagr...lassicSkies.zip

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 20:32)
Yea i made sure to make back ups, as far as i can tell, other than some script mods and the simple trainer, which i know work fine, i have no idea what could be causing problem, a shame because i like your settings, i applied you sky bug fix to another enb setting and it worked but the game crashed when i tried to change weather to sunny/cloudy or something, havnt done a full test yet though

Well, like I said the best thing to do is to start from a fresh installation to make absolutely certain there are no conflicts. I can't tell you how many times I've had crashes after removing add-ons and installing new ones thinking that there couldn't possibly be any leftover problematic files, and then after attempting from a clean install, everything worked fine.

If you have problems during weather/time change, then the issue is with the timecyc.dat files that you're using. P1ch3's mod has a faulty timecyc.dat that causes this, and so does iCEnhancer.

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Friday, Nov 25 2011, 18:49)
QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ Wednesday, Nov 23 2011, 20:32)

Well, like I said the best thing to do is to start from a fresh installation to make absolutely certain there are no conflicts. I can't tell you how many times I've had crashes after removing add-ons and installing new ones thinking that there couldn't possibly be any leftover problematic files, and then after attempting from a clean install, everything worked fine.

If you have problems during weather/time change, then the issue is with the timecyc.dat files that you're using. P1ch3's mod has a faulty timecyc.dat that causes this, and so does iCEnhancer.

I love the shader working fine but fix the horizon next release.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 03:20)

The horizon line is unfortunately an inevitable consequence of this shader fix. If I knew how to decompile, re-write, and recompile shaders, then maybe I'd have a chance. Remember, changing the FarClp value in your timecyc.dat files to 10000.00 will help reduce the line greatly.

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:08 AM

Where do you change the farclip value, because in timesync i cant find anything like that its just all numbers........

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 06:05)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 03:20)

The horizon line is unfortunately an inevitable consequence of this shader fix. If I knew how to decompile, re-write, and recompile shaders, then maybe I'd have a chance. Remember, changing the FarClp value in your timecyc.dat files to 10000.00 will help reduce the line greatly.

The game will lag at that clip.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (XXLpeanuts @ Saturday, Nov 26 2011, 06:08)
Where do you change the farclip value, because in timesync i cant find anything like that its just all numbers........

You should be able to do a find/replace for 1500.00 and change it to 10000.00

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 04:25)

Can you at least try to fix it i have faith you can just takes time to code it well.

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 06:09)

Can you at least try to fix it i have faith you can just takes time to code it well.

I'm not a coder, unfortunately. I know absolutely nothing about writing shaders; it took me two weeks to understand how to re-organize bits and peices of the main enb effects file to include that which was written by others before me, and to be able to make the right settings adjustable. Being able to force the substitution shader to stretch its ends downward is entirely beyond my comprehension.

The farclip distance was my only viable fix, and yeah, it really is only palpable for high-spec systems I suppose. I have a quad core and a GTX580 and the 10000.00 farclip doesn't slow me down anymore than ENB does.

The best solution is for Boris to make an entirely EFLC-compatible ENB - which he may still - though I think it's very unlikely.

Apart from this; wait until GTA V. I'm sure GTA VI will blow us out of our f*cking minds, and we will live to see it. If Boris isn't making ENB for it by that point, my only hope is that Rockstar will have a good enough handle on it by then that we won't need him. Either that, or someone will take his place.

XXLpeanuts
  • XXLpeanuts

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

GTA V graphics are unlikely going to be any better than GTA IV with ENB, enb makes GTA IV look far better than GTA V did on the trailer atleast

ShakingASS
  • ShakingASS

Rollin Clufs

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (chinagreenelvis @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 08:39)
QUOTE (ShakingASS @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 06:09)

I'm not a coder, unfortunately. I know absolutely nothing about writing shaders; it took me two weeks to understand how to re-organize bits and peices of the main enb effects file to include that which was written by others before me, and to be able to make the right settings adjustable. Being able to force the substitution shader to stretch its ends downward is entirely beyond my comprehension.

The farclip distance was my only viable fix, and yeah, it really is only palpable for high-spec systems I suppose. I have a quad core and a GTX580 and the 10000.00 farclip doesn't slow me down anymore than ENB does.

The best solution is for Boris to make an entirely EFLC-compatible ENB - which he may still - though I think it's very unlikely.

Apart from this; wait until GTA V. I'm sure GTA VI will blow us out of our f*cking minds, and we will live to see it. If Boris isn't making ENB for it by that point, my only hope is that Rockstar will have a good enough handle on it by then that we won't need him. Either that, or someone will take his place.

Alright

chinagreenelvis
  • chinagreenelvis

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:29 AM

Update, version 1.5.3 - Changed visual settings and added effects, the mod is looking even better.

New screenshots added: http://gtaiv.chinagr...nb/screenshots/

Guns*R-Us
  • Guns*R-Us

Why So Serious ?

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

Hi man, in TLaD do you have this light issue ?
And is there a way to fix that ? confused.gif

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users