527 replies to this topic
CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:32 PM

Great matches tonight, definately the most fun I've ever had on CnC smile.gif
Next time I'd like if we could start earlier, 21.00 GMT was kinda late for me confused.gif

Oh and I can upload the picture of the 3rd match if you need it Aj I don't have the scores of all players thou, some got cut off wink.gif

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:45 PM Edited by ajbns87, 11 December 2011 - 11:07 PM.

Sorry to hear that Niall , and no worries Makon, maybe earlier on a Sunday is better for everyone?

Anyways here are the results from tonights game. (Due to some concerns, it was decided an additional point was added to the scoring system for killing the boss, the other points remained the same, to avoid too much confusion, further discussion might be required).

Irish Mobsters vs L. C. P. D.

First game:

LCPD: Won by points (pic to follow) and managed to kill the boss : 4 points
Irish Mobsters: Lost by points, but killed the boss: 1 point

The game saw the Irish Mob starting in the Oil refinery in Broker/Dukes, Ice Cube was boss, he was eliminated by Dawkins72.
Second round, bradleyowain was boss, spawning in the Bohan garage, the match saw a lot of boat action, and EZpmpen swooped down and eliminated the boss, with a chopper just before boss escaped.

Second game:

LCPD: Lost by points, but killed the boss: 1 point
Irish Mobsters: Won by points and managed to kill the boss: 4 points.

LCPD started as crooks, in the southern oil refinery in Alderney, legend of TMW and new to cops n crooks Madmonk420, started out as boss, things got sticky without many cars around, crooks moved in on boss, but Madmonk managed to find a way through, in a similar situation to the game before, boss was killed by diving helicopter, kamikaze style by aldyguy.
Along the way the mobsters picked up more kills and ultimately won the game, when aldyguy was eliminated in Broker/Dukes by cornishlad.

Third game

LCPD: Lost by points: 0 points
Irish Mobsters: Won by points, killed the boss and managed to escape: 6 points

LCPD, started as crooks, spawning in north Alderney by the old mansion, Dawkins72 was boss. He managed to reach the middle of the island, and survived a few incidents, including myself nearly killing him by bad driving, in the end EZpmpen got the kill through a driveby/hit n run. Second round saw the Mobsters spawn again in the oil refinery in Dukes/Broker, aldyguy was boss and quite cleverly remained in the refinery at the beginning of the game, before jumping the wall catching a few cops short, managing to successfully escape, well done Irish Mobsters icon14.gif

Total Score

Irish Mobsters 11 vs 5 L. C. P. D.

I look forward to hearing about the other game, also look forward to any pics or footage captured. If any of the details I've wrote about is not accurate, my bad. Also what happened to Nittydon?

------

Please post or pm me any pics everyone (I am a complete idiot, and forgot to take any, won't happen next time) Glad to hear you enjoyed the games Cube.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:49 PM

Yarr i knew me irisishmen would not disappoint. tounge.gif

aldyguy
  • aldyguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:00 PM

Alex, the table needs to be changed. Either change the games played to series played. OR change the the number of games played to 3.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:04 PM Edited by ajbns87, 27 November 2011 - 11:06 PM.

Ok so lets make things clear.

1 game actually equals 3 matches of Cops N Crooks. It is confusing, might be better to change it from "games played" to "events played". (now been changed)

3 points is rewarded to the team, who wins overall by $.
2 points is a bonus to a team who manages to escape.
1 point is a bonus to a team that kills the boss.

Rounds are not worth any points, only the points score at the end, and the objectives mentioned. Hope that makes sense, well played tonight

Dawkins72
  • Dawkins72

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

Even though we lost, I had a great time. Props to the Irish they played great. Props to ajbns87 for setting everything up. I know I played horribly though, got killed waaaaaaay too much -- mostly to Scarface and Ice Cube (awesome players by the way). I tried my best as the boss in that last game but when the sultan didn't spawn behind the garage, the heli didn't spawn at the nearby house, and the second heli in the middle of Alderney was staked out, I knew my chances were slim to say the least. lol. oh well, we'll get'em next time.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (Dawkins72 @ Monday, Nov 28 2011, 00:09)
Even though we lost, I had a great time. Props to the Irish they played great. Props to ajbns87 for setting everything up. I know I played horribly though, got killed waaaaaaay too much -- mostly to Scarface and Ice Cube (awesome players by the way). I tried my best as the boss in that last game but when the sultan didn't spawn behind the garage, the heli didn't spawn at the nearby house, and the second heli in the middle of Alderney was staked out, I knew my chances were slim to say the least. lol. oh well, we'll get'em next time.

Great to hear the positive feedback, and its been a complete pleasure doing this event smile.gif I felt the same too, played badly tonight. Also props to Ice Cube and SCAR, they racked up the kills nicely and helped the team to a well deserved victory. The north Alderney spawn is one of the worst, you did really well considering.

I'm going to PM all LCPD players before the next event, I've got a plan sly.gif

I got sad news also before this event took place, I am from Wales as you all know, and one of our sporting hero's and who was manager of our national football team, died aged 42 today, rumours are he hung himself, but anyways it was such a shock to me and my country, Gary Speed was a great player and seemed like a great person, our national team had just won 4 games in a row and all the players respected and loved to play for him, RIP Gary Speed sad.gif

Pukemaggots
  • Pukemaggots

No Sir, I don't like it

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

So what time you thinking the match will be next Sunday?

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

Hustler

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:46 AM Edited by EL_FUGA, 28 November 2011 - 03:02 AM.

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 23:45)
Third game

Irish Mobsters: Won by points, killed the boss and managed to escape: 5 points

AJ, by current points system that would be mistaken. It's 6 points.
-----------------------------------------
Here are the results from the matches.

First of all, thanks to my team for attending. It’s a pity many players from the Mafia couldn’t attend, otherwise the results would've been different.

The Mafia vs F.I.B.

First match:

FIB won and managed to kill the boss: 4 points
MAFIA killed the boss: 1 point

Round 1: FIB started out in north west Bohan. I was the boss. The crooks got killed several times without managing to kill cops, I tried to escape but got eliminated by S-S_Infamous with a drive-by.

Round 2: Mafia started in south Algonquin. Bajo (a good hired crook biggrin.gif ) was boss. Despite Mafia’s great score from first round, FIB picked up more kills plus comeon12 managed to kill the boss.

Second match:

FIB won by score - killed the boss and managed to escape: 6 points

Round 1: MAFIA started out in north east Algonquin. S-S_Infamous was boss, he managed to drive near his getaway boat with all his crooks really fast. A couple of cops came there but they got killed by the crook team. I was sniping in front of the boat from Hapiness Island, and eliminated the boss by the time it said: “The boss has reached the getaway vehicle” biggrin.gif

Round 2: FIB spawned in north Alderney by the old mansion. I was boss once again, but this time I didn’t give up easily tounge.gif Cop team started out close enough for not letting me run for the house maverick chopper.
As soon as I jumped down the hill I got in a car and 3 or 4 cops were on foot shooting until the car got in flames. I managed to drive for health, was really close to explode.
I drove to the middle east of the island and managed to get a Maverick. The crooks did a good job defending my way for the chopper.
I flew to the wrong GV spot making cops being confused. I was sure they’d get choppers from the house in north island. When I came to the true escape point, I saw two choppers coming back from the fake escape point tounge.gif however I got fastly in the getaway chopper. One of the pilots – Champos, hit me hard . My chopper was damaged, beep beep you know. But I was really lucky that I managed to fly away!

Third match:

The Italian Mafia won and managed to kill the boss: 4 points
FIB killed the boss: 1 point

Round 1: MAFIA started out in north Alderney by the old mansion, same spawn as the last match. Ralfalfa guy was boss this time.
His team did a very good job on protecting him, taking him cars and even a chopper. Cop team had choppers too, I and blizzou tried to kill him dropping grenades from the sky but we failed.
Ralf managed to get near his getaway chopper, there were also crooks in choppers trying to get rid of the cops. Some of us were already camping there. I eliminated him by the time he was getting in it, champos bladed me with his chopper a second after that! Otherwise the mafia would have got the 6 points.
By the way, comeon12 got disconnected in middle of the round so we had one less.

Round 2: not much to comment since it lasted like 10 seconds tounge.gif FIB spawned in north Dukes near the bridge connecting Dukes and Bohan. Majestic-RDB was boss, the cops spawned next to us. He tried to drive through the bridge but soon got eliminated by a cop (don’t remember who…) Mafia team picked up more kills therefore they won.
Total Score:
F.I.B. 11 - 5 The Mafia

Hope someone else will post comments for the next encounters... sleepy.gif
AJ, I'll send you pics. Also, some FIB has captured some footage.

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:22 AM Edited by ajbns87, 28 November 2011 - 03:15 PM.

Thats really excellent to read, thanks for getting Bajo involved, a pity Mafia were missing some good players, but by the sounds of it, games were tight, and enjoyable, and yes amigo, my maths is terrible. Will update the leaderboard now.

I felt I didnt get involved enough in my games, not sure if I was distracted or just unable to stay close to the fast paced action. It was so difficult at start, before games began, being in two chat rooms, and no keyboard, everyone sending me messages , I thought my ps3 was going to freeze.. I'm glad the points system is improved too.

Next week Puke I'm going to try and pull the games back by four hours, so instead of 21.00 GMT, it will likely be 17 .00 GMT (9Am I think that will be for West Coast) Players like Jdg5150, ksa_ , Muffinman and eastern europeans won't be staying up too late smile.gif . Of course please keep in touch through topic, I will need to think of some good excuses to leave my girlfriend's place early on the Sunday confused.gif , this weekend is a little dodgy for me.

As we saw today, despite teams having an excess of players, still some came up short. I knew this would happen from my experiences of hosting Protecting the Wolf.
Be sure to keep referring CnC players and GTA players to this topic, old and new so they can be involved. I see this event, as a learning process, so please keep the suggestions coming, I will listen.

Thanks amigos !:D

+ I also hope to read about other people's experiences during the games, so feel free to share.
+ First page now updated, players list now updated also. (Any mistakes or people missing let me know)

ralfalfa
  • ralfalfa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

I had lots of fun, I think it be easier for me if I could get a mic, I'm planning on buying a Nokia headset so I can use it on my mobile as well.

And I'm amazed that the game was hosted in spain and it didn't lag.

Al chile, yo pense que se me iba a lagear bien cabron porque este gilipollas de el fuga....

Nahhhh, no se crea, buen juego Fuga, nos vemos.

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Sunday, Nov 27 2011, 22:45)
Sorry to hear that Niall , and no worries Makon, maybe earlier on a Sunday is better for everyone?

Anyways here are the results from tonights game. (Due to some concerns, it was decided an additional point was added to the scoring system for killing the boss, the other points remained the same, to avoid too much confusion, further discussion might be required).

Irish Mobsters vs L. C. P. D.

First game:

LCPD: Won by points (pic to follow) and managed to kill the boss : 4 points
Irish Mobsters: Lost by points, but killed the boss: 1 point

The game saw the Irish Mob starting in the Oil refinery in Broker/Dukes, Ice Cube was boss, he was eliminated by Dawkins72.
Second round, bradleyowain was boss, spawning in the Bohan garage, the match saw a lot of boat action, and EZpmpen swooped down and eliminated the boss, with a chopper just before boss escaped.

Second game:

LCPD: Lost by points, but killed the boss: 1 point
Irish Mobsters: Won by points and managed to kill the boss: 4 points.

LCPD started as crooks, in the southern oil refinery in Alderney, legend of TMW and new to cops n crooks Madmonk420, started out as boss, things got sticky without many cars around, crooks moved in on boss, but Madmonk managed to find a way through, in a similar situation to the game before, boss was killed by diving helicopter, kamikaze style by aldyguy.
Along the way the mobsters picked up more kills and ultimately won the game, when aldyguy was eliminated in Broker/Dukes by cornishlad.

Third game

Irish Mobsters: Won by points, killed the boss and managed to escape: 5 points

LCPD, started as crooks, spawning in north Alderney by the old mansion, Dawkins72 was boss. He managed to reach the middle of the island, and survived a few incidents, including myself nearly killing him by bad driving, in the end EZpmpen got the kill through a driveby/hit n run. Second round saw the Mobsters spawn again in the oil refinery in Dukes/Broker, aldyguy was boss and quite cleverly remained in the refinery at the beginning of the game, before jumping the wall catching a few cops short, managing to successfully escape, well done Irish Mobsters icon14.gif

Total Score

Irish Mobsters 10 vs 5 L. C. P. D.

I look forward to hearing about the other game, also look forward to any pics or footage captured. If any of the details I've wrote about is not accurate, my bad. Also what happened to Nittydon?

------

Please post or pm me any pics everyone (I am a complete idiot, and forgot to take any, won't happen next time) Glad to hear you enjoyed the games Cube.

Hey guys I enjoyed the games. My main objective was not to dissapoint.While not doing exceptional I dont think i was a failure.Almost got away in that second game.I was thinking please please please dont make me the boss....sure enough i got hit with it. I just thought to myself "deal with it just do your best".There was a moment in the game before when my guy would not sit down in the boat.. I was bashing triangle but nothing..I ended up falling out the boat its f*cking embarrassing when things like that happen.Anyway good games. Ill see you guys around.

Muffin_Man_48
  • Muffin_Man_48

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

Hi All

Really Sorry i couldn't make it last night as it was just to late for me to be able to come on : (
Maybe Make it early on a sunday like 4 - 5 pm
Will be able to play next match

Sorry to all of the L.cpd Team Ive let you down sad.gif

Muffin_Man_48

http://www.youtube.com/48MuffinMan

aldyguy
  • aldyguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

alex, 9 am not pm

mrtripletre
  • mrtripletre

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

GTAF Name: mrtripletre
PSN account: mrtripletre
Cops N Crooks Experience: Veteran

aldyguy
  • aldyguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:51 AM Edited by aldyguy, 29 November 2011 - 05:54 PM.

not a big deal alex, I keep the pvr on all the time when I am playing on the ps3. I'll upload every video onto my youtube channel once the competition is over.

here are the three games from the mobsters vs lcpd

screenshot 1
screenshot 2
screenshot 3

CakePicnic
  • CakePicnic

This Cake ain't no lie!

• D1RTY12
  • NATO

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:56 AM

Sweet! 5-0 score in that 2nd match biggrin.gif

Is that a PVR you record with?

aldyguy
  • aldyguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

yes sir

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:21 PM Edited by ajbns87, 28 November 2011 - 05:28 PM.

Aldyguy, press edit on your post and remove those screenshots, send stuff like that to me in a Pm please,
Also thanks for pointing out my mistake, it is 9 am and not 9 pm for West coast Americans
and Canadians (set your alarm clocks biggrin.gif ). Once all the games are done, perhaps you could do a highlights reel, of some of the best moments.

Welcome officially to the event mrtripletre, hope you make it next weekend, Games to be played will be announced later.

Madmonk, you did well and there is always that stupid delay when getting in a boat.

Ralfalfa, glad you enjoyed it, hope to see you again.

Muffin man, read the previous messages I posted, and you'll see that I was planning on hosting it earlier, so hope to see you next Sunday at 5pm Uk time (no earlier though)

+ Games are now announced for the next stage of the event, see first page (more players added to list)

aldyguy
  • aldyguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:27 PM

lol, 21st bday the night before...I apologize beforehand if I either perform terrible or sleep in tounge.gif

Hegelian8
  • Hegelian8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:43 AM

mantard04 here (you got my name slightly wrong on the mafia team). If the games are going on sunday's at noon in my time zone I can't participate. Sorry I didn't check earlier. I kept forgetting. Aldyguy is so hardcore he made a video for this. Awesome. Didn't see anything here, but I heard about a change in the point system that sounded better. Makes me sadder I can't participate.

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

No time to post before..great games in 1st round!!After long time I tasted again the true adrenaline in CnC..well done puttin this together AJ! wink.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif

F.I.B."s get ready to be pwned by IRISH drunk MOBSTERS! devil.gif

biggrin.gif

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:24 PM Edited by ajbns87, 29 November 2011 - 03:56 PM.

Aldyguy enjoy the party, and thanks for editing your last post with those huge screenshots, hopefully you do make it, but we'll understand if you don't.

Mantard, sorry I got your name wrong, I always get the numbers at the end of players' names wrong ! You told me you can make mid-week games, let me know the times, it would have to be mid-day your time on one of those days though (I can't see many Europeans willing to play at midnight GMT). Glad to you know you are still interested, thanks for posting, and hopefully we'll get to see you representing the Mafia team in the future.

Taso, good of you to post, thanks for the support. Playing the other night reminded me of why I enjoyed cops n crooks so much in the early days, it's a challenging yet exciting game to play, and I'm happy such a good quality list of players has joined, of course keep sending people this way, I'd love to see a few old names returning. I'd also like players new to the mode to see just how fun it can be too.

------------------------

I randomly contacted Rockstar games about the event biggrin.gif thought they might want to know ! Got a small reply "Great to hear you’re gathering players for an event". I also suggested they should try and run more game mode based events from their site or "unofficial events" through their social club, they said they would consider the idea. I don't know if they reply to every message they receive, but it was good to hear back.

--------------

+ Coming soon Team avatars ..... (wear them proudly)

aldyguy
  • aldyguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

alex, post their contact info here if you can...lets get everyone of us to contact them and ask if cops and crooks is in gta v:p

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (aldyguy @ Tuesday, Nov 29 2011, 16:40)
alex, post their contact info here if you can...lets get everyone of us to contact them and ask if cops and crooks is in gta v:p

lol.gif

I just did it through "mouth-off" . I'm quite sure already I've requested, asked nicely, demanded and threatened Rockstar to include cops N crooks in the next GTA biggrin.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

aj, just a question, how long will the cup last? My exams are over on the 12th, so im unavailable for gaming until then, which are 2 weekends. before(3rd and 4th, 10th and 11th)
If i calculated it right, i'll miss all 3 group(1st phase) games, and will only be there for the 3rd place or final battle after those two weekends?

aldyguy
  • aldyguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

this won't be the only event andy

BnB
  • BnB

#OGAY_2014

• The Yardies
  • Greece

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

I am in.
PSN: BnBDim
GTAF: BnB
Team: I don't care

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Tuesday, Nov 29 2011, 16:43)
aj, just a question, how long will the cup last? My exams are over on the 12th, so im unavailable for gaming until then, which are 2 weekends. before(3rd and 4th, 10th and 11th)
If i calculated it right, i'll miss all 3 group(1st phase) games, and will only be there for the 3rd place or final battle after those two weekends?

My situation is like Andy's one. I will just be back for December 13th, already in my summer vacations.

Hopefully I will be able to hit up some games after that. Will I be able? Or the event is about to end soon?

A J
  • A J

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:01 PM Edited by ajbns87, 29 November 2011 - 07:11 PM.

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Tuesday, Nov 29 2011, 18:43)

Aldyguy is right, with such great support another event could be organised again in the new year, new teams, more players , bigger event. The format and scoring system remains to be seen, it could remain the same, but I'd be interested to hear what others think, like I've said before, it's a learning process, to my knowledge a tournament based on this mode has never been done before.

The current event has 3 more games to be played til it is completed, so another 3 weeks left, if all games get played on weekends without delay. It is only a short event, I had no expectation it would be so popular, maybe instead of every team set up so far playing the once vs eachother, teams could play twice, before determining the final standings???

BnBDim, good of you to join, will add you soon, teams are full at present. I would put you in same team as Andy but that team is very full, you may have to be a "Crook for hire" for the time being, depends on how many show. If you are new to the mode, read some of the tips I've provided, and have a little practise first.
Also what timezone / country you in?

+ Added players interested in this, to crooks for hire in player list. SKEEPPY you are a part of the Mafia team, try to be there for them this week please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users