Cops n Crooks [PSN]

527 replies to this topic
A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:55 AM Edited by ajbns87, 28 December 2011 - 11:12 AM.

Video's from event can be found here

user posted image

user posted image

Four teams compete to be crowned the champions of cops n crooks, games will always take place in the version All for One

Three games per a match-up will be played (Best out of 3). Each game won is equal to 3 points , a bonus of 2 points is also given if a boss manages to escape in a round, and an additional 1 point is given for killing a boss.

Under no circumstances are getaway vehicles to be moved, tampered or destroyed by cops. (Camping is permitted, Getaway vehicles flipped by helicopters whilst boss is attempting to escape is acceptable, whilst crook is trying to extract 100% not acceptable)).

Teams will be evenly balanced once enough players have joined here, everyone is welcome to join.

The competition will be organised as a round-robin style table, the overall winner will be decided by the final match between the teams placed in 1st and 2nd place, once all the games have been played. A third place match will take part between the teams finishing 3rd and 4th.

Match settings will be Autoaim : Disallow , Traffic : Medium , Pedestrians : Off , Weapons : Standard , Health Reticule : Off , Voice Chat: Team only , Weather: Variable , Player I.D. : On. Friendly Fire: Off.

Game Mode Tips
  • Boss is always entitled to first weapon, some spawn locations may place crooks unavoidably on weapon spawns, if so be sure to use it. Keeping the boss alive is key to victory, if cops spawn close sacrifices should be made to give bosses as much time to get to safety as possible. Crooks should always pay attention to bosses with out microphones / communication skills to work out location of incoming cops,whilst vehicles should always be brought to a boss, safely. Don't expect them to hop in though, most bosses prefer to drive themselves. The first 60 seconds of the match are most important to the crooks, get armed, get vehicles, eliminate cops, always try and kill the driver if they come at you with drivebys
  • Crooks should always try to stick close to a boss, if you drift apart, the respawn can effect the boss, leaving him getting over-crowded by cops. Bosses should always try to get body armour, as it can mean the difference between life and death when escaping, to help stay alive, take advantage of the city, learn the short cuts, back streets and ramps, collect weapons and use appropriately, don't stand in the middle of the street, drops grenades if you are being pursued, don't jump out of your car if it goes on fire, look for a health pack instead, use interiors for cover, never stay in one place for too long. Swim if you must, but be sure to get out of the water as soon as you can.
  • Cops should always turn off sirens to begin, in a chase situation they can be useful to move traffic though. Cop car drivers always come armed with a combat shotgun, take advantage of this. Splitting up into multiple cars can be effective, but also sticking together with a single decent driver is a good tactic too. Use the map, if you spawn close it might be better to rush in, if the crooks have a decent headstart, it might be better to play with more precaution. Set-up road blocks, predict the route the crooks will take to escape, park the car in cover if you decide to go on foot, get a flat tyre look for a health pack. Use all the weapons on offer and not just your SMG, don't underestimate the value of grenades.
  • Don't drive straight into gun fire, , drive side to side, at angle and so forth, provide a distraction to the crooks and allow crooks on foot to move in, always try to surround bosses, so they have no where to run, work together as a team and don't go in one by one, multiple targets are a lot harder to kill. If you have a sniper rifle be sure to remain hidden using crouch, if you can't directly hit the boss, try to spot his getaway car and shoot the tires. Use helicopters, drop bombs from the sky. Remember you're free to play however you wish in this event, evencamp if you feel the need yawn.gif .
user posted image

If you would like to join this event, please sign up and fill in a registration form.

GTAF Name:
PSN account:
Cops N Crooks Experience: Veteran / Pro / Played it a few times / Newcomer
CODE

[tableb]
[tr][td]
[b]GTAF Name:[/b]*Name Here
[b]PSN account:[/b]*PSN Here*
[b][color=purple]Cops[/color] N [color=orange]Crooks[/color] Experience:[/b] Veteran / Pro / Played it a few times / Newcomer[/td]
[/tr][/tableb]

Players list

TeamPlayerCopsNCrooks RankCountry/Time Zone
Irish Mobsters SCAR-FACE-99-United Kingdom
Irish Mobsters TASOtheBOSS-Slovenia GMT+1
Irish Mobsters NittyDon-United Kingdom
Irish Mobsters aldyguy315Vancouver, Canada -8GMT
Irish Mobsters Ice_Cube22-Denmark, GMT+1
Irish Mobsters jdg5150347USA
Irish Mobsters MCPOPS469USA
Irish Mobsters EZpmpen-USA
Irish Mobsters BigSaijmon-Slovenia
Irish Mobsters AndyGanteks-Serbia
Irish Mobsters mrtripletre44USA
The Mafia Cappone_11Italy GMT+1
The Mafia themmachampion-?
The Mafia Champos274Sydney, Australia
The Mafia Makon001?Turkey GMT+2
The Mafia Bmg_Tbh-GMT +10, Brisbane
The Mafia mmaDman7Denver, USA
The Mafia mantard04?USA
The Mafia ralfalfa?Mexico
The Mafia S_S Infamous?Morocco
The Mafia SKEEPPY72USA
The FIB EL FUGA13Spain
The FIB Blizzou79Switzerland
The FIB PUKEMAGGOTS136Canada
The FIB comeon12282Greece +2 GMT
The FIB Mediterranean-Belgium
The FIB NiallDavids-USA
The FIB REX_E12-England
The FIB Mouldderm-Morocco
The FIB MAJESTIC-RDB?Canada
The LCPD ajbns8766Wales
The LCPD bradleyowain85Wales
The LCPD cornishlad8England
The LCPD Madmonk420?Scotland
The LCPD Dawkins72?USA, Eastern
The LCPD vinvega56?USA
The LCPD anaughtyotter-USA
The LCPD Muffin_Man_48394England
The LCPD z_danz96-Brazil
The LCPD chromarkno1108Slovenia
Crook for Hire BnBDim-Greece +2 GMT
Crook for Hire lastdazegd-USA
Crook for Hire ro1337-Germany
Crook for Hire jetpilot101-England
Crook for Hire ksa_anihilator-Netherlands
TEAMS

user posted image
The Irish Mob
-SCAR-FACE-99 (quited), NittyDon, TASOtheBOSS, BigSaijmon, Aldyguy, jdg5150, Ice_Cube25 (quited), AndyGanteks, MCPOPS, mrtripletre EZpmpen-

user posted image
THE LCPD
-ajbns87, cornishlad, Z_danz96, vinvega56, Madmonk420, Muffin_Man_48, Bradleyowain, Chromarkno1 , Dawkins72, Masonchance anaughtyotter -

user posted image
The Mafia
-Cappone_, ksa_anihalator , Mantard08, mmaDman, ralfalfa,S-S_INFAMOUS, champos27,SKEEPPY, Makon001, bmg tbh, themmachampion

user posted image
THE F.I.B.
- EL FUGA, blizzou, PUKEMAGGOTS, comeon12, moulddem, Mediterranean, NiallDavids, REX E12-

The Final 2011 Result
3 LCPD vs FIB 23

Leaderboard Table

PositionTeamEvents PlayedTotal Points
1 F.I.B. 556
2 L. C. P. D. 548
3 The Mafia 428
4 Irish Mobsters 423
Promo video made by aldyguy

ZDANZ96
  • ZDANZ96

• Members

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:13 AM Edited by ZDANZ96, 01 December 2011 - 03:46 PM.

This is awesome aj! I hope I will be able to play this awesome event in my summer vacations. smile.gif

GTAF Name:ZDANZ96
PSN account:Z_danz1996
Cops N Crooks Experience:Pro
Good luck aj!

---------------------------------------------

Important Edit!

Just a heads up about the avatars. Courtesy of ajbns87, of course.

Team Avatars

Wear these, by going to your profile (click name in box above > avatar options > copy and paste code for one you prefer)

LCPD

user posted image
CODE
http://i.imgur.com/qILG6.gif

user posted image
CODE
http://i.imgur.com/HVNCK.gif

FIB

user posted image
CODE
http://i.imgur.com/k2PbS.gif

user posted image
CODE
http://i.imgur.com/db3Q3.gif

Irish Mobsters

user posted image
CODE
http://i.imgur.com/easb7.gif

user posted image
CODE
http://i.imgur.com/qzTCv.gif

The Mafia
user posted image
CODE
http://i.imgur.com/fR1Nx.gif

user posted image
CODE
http://i.imgur.com/GzzSJ.gif

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:47 AM

Best of luck to you and this event, AJ. I like the idea getting players together to take on different team-based modes.

GTAF Name: StoneHead37
PSN account: vinvega56
Cops N Crooks Experience: Pro

copsncrooksfan
  • copsncrooksfan

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:09 AM

GTAF Name: copsncrooksfan
PSN account: jdg5150
Cops N Crooks Experience: Played it a few times (lol)

Lets get it on!!

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

I'm really not a fan of CnC, it's my least favorite mode on GTA IV to be honest(sorry aj confused.gif ). But i'll sign up in a week if you don't have enough people man.

What ever happened to Monk's mafiya work event, i wanted to try that out, but it never took off. sad.gif

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

THE DAMNED

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:33 AM Edited by EL_FUGA, 25 November 2011 - 07:18 PM.

Great event AJ icon14.gif

Of course, count me in.

PSN account:EL_FUGA
Cops N Crooks Experience:Veteran

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Spelt it wrang....N wit!!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

GTAF Name:Madmonk420
PSN account:Madmonk420
Cops N Crooks Experience:NOOB

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

THE DAMNED

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Nice sig m0nk tounge2.gif

SCAR.
  • SCAR.

Beatha agus Sláinte

• D1RTY12
  • Ireland

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

Sure why not, sounds fun to me

GTAF Name: gta lad
PSN account: SCAR-FACE-99
Cops N Crooks Experience:Played it a few times

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

Thanks to those that have signed up so far, hopefully in the coming weeks more will sign up, and set teams can be made.

In the meanwhile I've done my best to pass the word about this event to friends not part of the forum to join up here, hopefully some will give it a go.

cornishlad
  • cornishlad

Loyalty

• Members

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (ajbns87 @ Saturday, Nov 12 2011, 01:55)
user posted image

user posted image

Four teams compete to be crowned the champions of cops n crooks, games will always take place in the version All for One

Three games per a match-up will be played (Best out of 3). Each game won is equal to 3 points , a bonus of 2 points is also given if a boss manages to escape in a round.

Under no circumstances are getaway vehicles to be moved, tampered or destroyed by cops. (Camping is permitted).

Teams will be evenly balanced once enough players have joined here, everyone is welcome to join.

The competition will be organised as a round-robin style table, the overall winner will be decided by the final match between the teams placed in 1st and 2nd place, once all the games have been played.

Match settings will be Autoaim : Disallow , Traffic : Medium , Pedestrians : Off , Weapons : All , Health Reticule : Off , Voice Chat: Team only , Weather: Variable , Player I.D. : On.

user posted image

If you would like to join this event, please sign up and fill in a registration form.

GTAF Name:
PSN account:
Cops N Crooks Experience: Veteran / Pro / Played it a few times / Newcomer
CODE

[tableb]
[tr][td]
[b]GTAF Name:[/b]*Name Here
[b]PSN account:[/b]*PSN Here*
[b][color=purple]Cops[/color] N [color=orange]Crooks[/color] Experience:[/b] Veteran / Pro / Played it a few times / Newcomer[/td]
[/tr][/tableb]

Players Confirmed
  • SCAR-FACE-99
  • EL FUGA
  • Madmonk420
  • AndyGanteks (maybe)
  • Vinvega53
  • Z_danz96

Count me in AJ, looking forward to getting back on........please try and not do this on a wed thurs fri nights.......

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:17 PM Edited by ajbns87, 14 November 2011 - 01:22 PM.

I'll take that into account, games most likely on Sunday evenings.

Thanks for joining cornish, by the way - press "add reply" next time, not "quote". smile.gif

Hopefully Bradley and Rockstar will consider joining too.

aldyguy
  • aldyguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

Alex, throw aldyguy on there, mrtripleletre, bigmenlotz (maybe) and I'll contact lastdazegd, ezpimpen, mcpops, and midnight

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Spelt it wrang....N wit!!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (AndyGanteks @ Saturday, Nov 12 2011, 10:08)
I'm really not a fan of CnC, it's my least favorite mode on GTA IV to be honest(sorry aj  confused.gif ). But i'll sign up in a week if you don't have enough people man.

What ever happened to Monk's mafiya work event, I wanted to try that out, but it never took off. sad.gif

Its still just sitting there waiting for anyone to try.Some of the Damned members and myself have tried it out and it works.I like the idea of the roles as it allows everyone to have a worth within the team unit and not have one or two players dominating and leaving othes to pick up scraps. I suppose I could cut back my ideas and just make it a normal TMW event. I think a couple of additional will be added just to keep it from degenerating into the farce that can happen if TMW is set up wrongly. We will see. If anyone here fancy`s a go have a look at the TEAM MAFIA WORK BOHAN NIGHTS event. No point me putting in work for it to sit in the forums unused.There is still plenty of things that can be done with TMW to create a new game variant.

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

THE DAMNED

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (aldyguy @ Tuesday, Nov 15 2011, 03:01)
Alex, throw aldyguy on there, mrtripleletre, bigmenlotz (maybe) and I'll contact lastdazegd, ezpimpen, mcpops, and midnight

lol monocle.gif

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

It be great if you can bring some of those players into this Aldy, I've been in touch with a few, no doubt everyone is real busy playing other games at the moment though.

TMW: Bohan Nights is definitely something I want to try and do again as an event.

In the mean while, please help bring players to this, so far less than 10 are involved, need another 20...

In the words of John Lennon, "You may say I'm a dreamer...." biggrin.gif

Cops n Crooks , Cops n Crooks , Cops n Crooks..... panic.gif

The One Called Vega
  • The One Called Vega

In actuality, I'm the one called 'vinvegar'...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

By the way my PSN is vinvega56, AJ.

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

Fixed wink.gif

blizzou
  • blizzou

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

GTAF Name: blizzou
PSN account: blizzou
Cops N Crooks Experience: rampage_ani.gif

standard weapons smile.gif

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:42 PM Edited by ajbns87, 16 November 2011 - 05:30 PM.

QUOTE (blizzou @ Wednesday, Nov 16 2011, 07:11)

GTAF Name: blizzou
PSN account: blizzou
Cops N Crooks Experience:  rampage_ani.gif
standard weapons smile.gif

Welcome on board Blizzou, Thank you for joining / Merci mon ami

If everyone prefers standard weapons, so be it smile.gif

Hopefully more players will join soon, I like the idea of set and balanced teams.

- 10 players have now signed up, looking to get atleast 24 though. ( Four teams of six)

aldyguy
  • aldyguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:46 PM Edited by aldyguy, 16 November 2011 - 10:27 PM.

I prefer standard as well.

EDIT. Why not have more smaller teams of 4?

Comeon12
  • Comeon12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

GTAF name: Comeon12
PSN account: comeon12
Cops N Crooks Experience:How you play it?

P.S. I would love to take part in this event aj but it will probably be difficult because i'm really busy lately...i have to know when, to tell you for sure! (Standard weapons smile.gif )

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

Welcome Comeon,

Good to see you !

I understand everyone is busy, I'm thinking Sunday Nights? 21. GMT ?

Also Aldyguy, smaller teams would be good too, better to have bigger teams though, incase some players can't attend to take part in the games.

Standard weapons it is then ... guess I'll have to use the bolt-action sniper and not the nice powerful one then tounge2.gif

Team names and team allocation coming soon, teams won't be random, in case some how all the best players end up on the same time, I'll pick teams, but if there is any problems players can switch if they like, anyways lets all try to be friends inlove.gif

Plus keep inviting players to here to take part, hell even invite some autoaim noobs if you like, I'll go and find my french dictionary..... whatsthat.gif

TASO
  • TASO

BORN TO BE WILD

• D1RTY12

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

GTAF name: TASO
PSN account: TASOtheBOSS
Cops N Crooks Experience: Profinoob

biggrin.gif

Im also busy lately so just arange dates and Ill do my best to be there! icon14.gif

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

Good to see you TASO, the boss biggrin.gif Thanks for joining.

Hopefully Sunday nights are a good time for you. Games will have to be arranged once teams are formed though.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:56 PM

aj, how about a few random CnC's after or before the RL LaD on sunday? As sort of a trial?

EL_FUGA
  • EL_FUGA

THE DAMNED

• Members
  • Nauru

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:53 PM Edited by EL_FUGA, 17 November 2011 - 08:22 PM.

lookin good colgate.gif

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:37 PM Edited by ajbns87, 17 November 2011 - 05:43 PM.

Thanks for the suggestion Andy, but what is there to trial? I and most of the other players taking part have played cops n crooks countless times, the only thing this event is bringing to the mode, is set teams , and a scoring system that rewards successful escapes as well as overall point wins.

(reminder: 3 points for a game won, 2 "bonus" points for a boss escaping, if a draw 1 point rewarded to each team)

Example team 1 vs team 2

First round : Team 1 is cops, they kill boss and no other crooks, reward $1100.
Second round: Team 2 is cops, they fail to kill boss, and team 1's boss successfully escapes reward $1000.

Team 2 wins game - They get 3 points for the win, and an extra 2 for the successful extraction. So 5 total.

In a game were both bosses escape, both teams are rewarded 2 points at least, however the winner is ultimately decided by kills (1 kill = $100 + dropped cash), so the overall winner of such a game would again be rewarded 5 points total, whilst the losing team would still pick up 2 points.

In a game were no bosses reach the getaway, no bonus points are rewarded, and the overall winner is just awarded 3 points total, this game will be determined by $core at the end.

Hope it makes sense, . Remember 3 games to be played every match, potentially a winning team could make 15 points in total from one match.

If you have any suggestions or advice to share, feel free, I have been finding it difficult to make a good scoring system.

K-G-C_LEADER
  • K-G-C_LEADER

KGC Open for recruiting

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

GTAF Name:K-G-C_LEADER
PSN account:K-G-C_LEADER
Cops N Crooks Experience: Played it a few times

A J
  • A J

Use your Illusion

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for joining "K-G-C_LEADER" - hope you enjoy this event, once it gets going.

I'm expecting a few more friends and forum members to join.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users