11 replies to this topic
Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

Used Car Acquisition Technician

• Members

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

user posted image
1. I cannot find it.
2. Supposedly it is on top of a transformer box (or in that general area), but I scoured the area and found nothing.
3. HELP!

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:54 AM

You're gonna have to forgive me for the poor camera quality as I can't seem to find any screenshots of the security cameras in GTA: Chinatown Wars. The map I've used to collect the cameras, was from Rockstar Social Club. However, it seems that Social Club has made an error for "camera #45" saying that it's location is Meadow Hills when it's actually Beach Gate. I've taken a picture of it though.

user posted image

Enter through the security gate at Beach Gate
user posted image

Once you're past the gate, drive straight to the tree in the corner and the camera is on the transformer box/power shack.
user posted image

If it's not there, either you've destroyed it already or you haven't gone far enough in the game to access these yet. It's strange. I just started a new game today just to check if the camera was there and it wasn't. So I loaded my last save game (which is 100% already) and went to the Mission Replay board. I chose Chan Jaoming's mission "Pimp His Ride" and drove to the destination of the camera and it's there.

Try doing a Mission Replay and head to the camera's location and destroy it, to see if it makes any difference.

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Wednesday, Nov 16 2011, 03:54)
long helpful message

For reasons I cannot fathom, the camera does not spawn normally, and I can't find it under Security Cameras on my GPS.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently I DID blow it up. But then what camera am I missing? Thanks...

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:24 AM

Which platform are you playing this on? PSP? DS? iPod Touch? You could make an account at Rockstar Games Social Club and connect your Social Club account with your GTA: Chinatown Wars game and use the map guide to track down which cameras you've destroyed and not destroyed. http://socialclub.ro...w/guidemap.html

I'm not sure if it works for the Apple devices though.

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Thursday, Nov 17 2011, 06:24)
Which platform are you playing this on? PSP? DS? iPod Touch? You could make an account at Rockstar Games Social Club and connect your Social Club account with your GTA: Chinatown Wars game and use the map guide to track down which cameras you've destroyed and not destroyed. http://socialclub.ro...w/guidemap.html

I'm not sure if it works for the Apple devices though.

1. I'm playing on PSP.
2. I'm using Rockstar's map.
3. According to the map, I'm only missing one camera, and ingame I've already destroyed it.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

When was the last time you synced your game to Social Club? The things I can suggest is to sync your game again and wait for a day, or mark down which cameras on the map, you've destroyed already and compare your map of destroyed cameras to a map with all the locations of the cameras or just go through 100 of them again.

It won't take too long anyway because if you go to the camera location that you've destroyed, it will show on your GPS that you've done it already at least. The 200 Pigeons in GTA: IV is worse because it doesn't show which ones you've killed.

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Friday, Nov 18 2011, 00:32)
When was the last time you synced your game to Social Club? The things I can suggest is to sync your game again and wait for a day, or mark down which cameras on the map, you've destroyed already and compare your map of destroyed cameras to a map with all the locations of the cameras or just go through 100 of them again.

It won't take too long anyway because if you go to the camera location that you've destroyed, it will show on your GPS that you've done it already at least. The 200 Pigeons in GTA: IV is worse because it doesn't show which ones you've killed.

I've been checking constantly. And the ingame map doesn't exactly show them as you scroll down, so it's a pain in the ass. So yeah: I'll just go through them once more.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:28 AM

Oh right. Yeah, it sucks that the scrolling part is slow. Hope you get that last camera!

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Friday, Nov 18 2011, 04:28)
Oh right. Yeah, it sucks that the scrolling part is slow. Hope you get that last camera!

Thanks. But I wasn't talking about the scrolling itself, I'm just saying that you can't turn on all of the map icons.

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:18 PM

The Social Club map is missing one camera, and misplaces another. I'll just repost what I told someone else over a year ago.

The social club map only shows 99 cameras. Chances are you've already got the camera it's pointing out; mine wrongly pointed out the same one too. The camera it's missing is: HERE!!

There's also misplaced icons, e.g. a camera in Middle Park is claimed to be just outside it, a camera in the Civilization Commitee, Hatton Gardens is claimed to be down the south of Algonquin.

Maxaxle
  • Maxaxle

• Members

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (bluesboyjr @ Monday, Nov 21 2011, 23:18)
The Social Club map is missing one camera, and misplaces another. I'll just repost what I told someone else over a year ago.

The social club map only shows 99 cameras. Chances are you've already got the camera it's pointing out; mine wrongly pointed out the same one too. The camera it's missing is: HERE!!

There's also misplaced icons, e.g. a camera in Middle Park is claimed to be just outside it, a camera in the Civilization Commitee, Hatton Gardens is claimed to be down the south of Algonquin.

Thanks a ton!
@Mods: any chance this topic can be stickied?

zipiol
  • zipiol

Game Master

• Members

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

@bluesboyjr

ur a live saver!

i was missing that one since january 2011 O.o

it wrongly pointed this 45 for me too, but i was missing the one u've ponted ;d

lol i even created a new account back then to sync in different one with hope that help... -,- ;p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users