'User Posted Image'

4 replies to this topic
blitz
  • blitz

lit

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:21 PM Edited by blitz, 09 November 2011 - 11:27 PM.

Hey there, I apologize for the inconvenience, but recently I switched to Firefox 6.0 and I've been getting a lot of 'user posted image' texts replacing actual images posted by members.

At first I thought the actual poster had written it, but when I quote the post the link to the picture in between the [img] tags show. Here is an example of how I see the pictures:

user posted image

Anyone else having this problem?

I also noticed that after 2-3 minutes, the actual image does come up, but they should be coming up instantly as far as I'm concerned. tounge.gif

As I said previously, sorry for the incovenience.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:26 PM

I've been noticing this as well, but wasn't sure if it was my internet or something to do with the forums. It was in a topic where Narcis had posted around 10 images for someone, and not a single one of them would load up...I left the topic though, went back in and a few of them had loaded up, only leaving around 2-3 that wouldn't load. Even clicking on 'Reload Image' didn't seem to work.

Firefox has just updated itself today, so maybe it was whilst they were upgrading FF?

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

This used to happen to me, until I updated to FF 8, every image opened normally.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• Administrator
  • None

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:38 AM

The BB code for images is displayed in HTML. The HTML img element has an additional attribute (besides the actual url of the image) that, when specified, will be shown should the browser fail to load the image. By default, this forum specifies this attribute as "user posted image" for any image in a post or PM. In this case, the server hosting the image is probably timing out, and the browser resorts to showing the fallback text. IE used to show the fallback text in a little box with a red cross, but Firefox and Chrome just show the fallback in normal formatting, which can be confusing.

Either way, we have nothing to do with it, as we aren't Firefox and we aren't imgur.com (one of which is causing the issue). wink.gif

blitz
  • blitz

lit

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 19:38)
The BB code for images is displayed in HTML. The HTML img element has an additional attribute (besides the actual url of the image) that, when specified, will be shown should the browser fail to load the image. By default, this forum specifies this attribute as "user posted image" for any image in a post or PM. In this case, the server hosting the image is probably timing out, and the browser resorts to showing the fallback text. IE used to show the fallback text in a little box with a red cross, but Firefox and Chrome just show the fallback in normal formatting, which can be confusing.

Either way, we have nothing to do with it, as we aren't Firefox and we aren't imgur.com (one of which is causing the issue). wink.gif

Ah, thanks STM.

I think I can live with it. wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users