Quantcast

» «
Photo

Off to a new setting shocker*

33 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see sucha mission in V? (248 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see sucha mission in V?

1. Yes (186 votes [77.50%])

Percentage of vote: 77.50%

2. No (25 votes [10.42%])

Percentage of vote: 10.42%

3. Not sure (29 votes [12.08%])

Percentage of vote: 12.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Remember how in San Andreas , during the Las Venturas chapter you had to fly to Liberty City for Sal. Leone to kill a bunch of guys at St. Mark's Bistro and than fly back...

Imagine this in V , ex. revisiting LC in a quick bang than heading back to SA.

Please vote! biggrin.gif

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

It was a bit gimmicky... I didn't get anything out of it.

Zorenic
  • Zorenic

I'll have a number nine.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

If there is going to be such mission I want to revisit Vice City because we have seen Liberty City already, and because I want to see Vice City in modern day.

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Yeah, there might be a mission where you fly somewhere outiside southern California instead of going back to some of previous places but ofcourse this external map would be limited to a few interiors only and maybe a bit of exterior.

In other words , something we never seen before!

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:21 PM

I think it's a GREAT idea. I remember getting a real kick out of that mission, they should have done more stuff like that. It came and went so quickly. It would be great if they could incorporate a slice of Vice City into the game, and make it accessible ONLY through a domestic flight from the airport, or by fliying a plane yourself. It could be a recognizable area of Vice City, with a modern look to it. You should be able to roam around as well, and not be stuck to a mission.

[enforcA]
  • [enforcA]

The original one.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

I voted "yes", because i want to have snow in GTA. "That special feeling, that ..., you know, that winter magic."
(even if it's just in a single mission)

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

I voted no because I want every kb of storage data used to make SA/SoCal the best it can be.

I wouldn't mind some free DLC that let you free-roam as GTA V's protagonist & also let you import some new vehicles/weapons etc. into Liberty City. If that's even possible.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Insert Things I Hate Here

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 17:26)
I voted no because I want every kb of storage data used to make SA/SoCal the best it can be.

I wouldn't mind some free DLC that let you free-roam as GTA V's protagonist & also let you import some new vehicles/weapons etc. into Liberty City. If that's even possible.

DLCs ain't free for consoles D:

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

I thought it was cool. I wouldn't mind visiting LC again for a mission.

jdbug28
  • jdbug28

RP - Simmer

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Yes, id like it to be in England. Then you actually have to land at the airport and drive your car to the destination before completing the task. and then drive back to the the airport and fly back to san andreas america

OnlySurvivor
  • OnlySurvivor

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:12 PM

During one of the missions you have to fly to a pirate ship.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

I like that kind of stuff since I found it neat being able to visit a snow covered LC. It was unexpected, but a pleasant surprise for me. I wouldn't mind getting another mission like that again, whether we'd be revisiting LC again, VC, or even going to Carcer City or some place never heard of. Stuff like that just makes the game world seem more expansive and immersive to me, even if it's just a one time visit.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

I voted yes, but I'm not sure it should play out in the same way - I want something that is enclosed, I don't want a chunk of somewhere else, as that will just leave me wanting more of it. Perhaps if they were to use Happiness Island, or the little island in the middle in V, that might be cool - but I don't want to be teased!

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 18:02)

I thought there was no such thing as a free lunch. I suppose it's true of DLC too.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

How about a mission where we go to wild west ghost town and recognise its Armadillo.

iGrandTheftAuto
  • iGrandTheftAuto

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

Hell yeah dude! sly.gif

BVJ
  • BVJ

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 19:26)
How about a mission where we go to wild west ghost town and recognise its Armadillo.

Now that would be genius. I would love that (except RDR is a different universe as there are references to California in it, but still....).

J24D
  • J24D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE (DarkKingBernard @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 18:02)

There was free DLC in RDR.. and also in many other games.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (BVJ @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 19:41)
QUOTE (acmilano @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 19:26)

Now that would be genius. I would love that (except RDR is a different universe as there are references to California in it, but still....).

they did have old SA on GTAIV TV ,and Bullworth academy,so maybe a little exeption from a rule.

JoshGTAfreak
  • JoshGTAfreak

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

It would feel too gimmicky and kinda seem like R* have to reuse cool ideas to make a good game.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:32 AM

I'd like to someplace really... different. Not just the standard LC/VC. Go really out there, like Alaska or someplace obscure. If they're going to do it, may as well do something that's never going to be a featured in a GTA game.

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:39 AM

hmm this has got me thinking like who knows we mite get this Los Santos Map then maybe say as EG Hawaii for a 2nd small map to fly to but i dont want it as a cut map (cut screen) like when we flown there in SA we got to a certain point then black out then already inside for the mission.

Just something we cant see on the map but will after the mission. get me >? then say theres 20 or so little missions & maybe an Asset ::: biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Tell me what ya think about that .! it can be any were VC just any were.

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:44 AM

The only place to go would be liberty city... rather stay in Cali for now. Even then... same console different cannon.. so that might not be doable either.

Dubien
  • Dubien

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:30 AM

I wasn't a big fan of that feature. I hated that mission in so many ways.

Jason Frost
  • Jason Frost

Trick

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE ([enforcA] @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 12:25)
I voted "yes", because i want to have snow in GTA. "That special feeling, that ..., you know, that winter magic."
(even if it's just in a single mission)

I guess it was the cold weather...

Baron-Samedi
  • Baron-Samedi

# Skinhead Trevor FTW !!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (Zorenic @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 17:16)
If there is going to be such mission I want to revisit Vice City because we have seen Liberty City already, and because I want to see Vice City in modern day.

This + LC as been revisited 2 times with bogt tlad

Tipper
  • Tipper

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

It could be interesting, even more if LC is covered in snow, but I'd like a larger part available, St Marks in SA was tiny. Then again, they would have to find a way to block the rest of the city (like roadbocks with invisible walls and everywhere we're not supposed to be wouldn't be solid for example), but I'd still like to be able to drive in the streets. The mission in St Marks in SA was a simple gunfight inside a restaurant, we only see the streets in a cutscene.

That said, I don't really care if there is such a mission or not, but that would be really cool.

iGrandTheftAuto
  • iGrandTheftAuto

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

I seriously hope we see a mission like that in this next game, but this time have us go to Vice City. Maybe we will get to see what it's like in the new era.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

More Bounce to The Ounce

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

I'd f*cking love it. But you can only really visit a place we have been this generation and that would mean Liberty City. I'd like to visit TBoGT's Liberty, maybe you have to clear out a club? I'd love if you had to whack a main character in IV. I wouldn't really miss most of them.

Maybe it would be cool if you were to whack Niko or Roman. Possibly Luis or Gay Tony. It would be so badass! It would definitely the first confirmed final conclusion of a playable character in GTA ever.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Sunday, Nov 20 2011, 11:32)
Maybe it would be cool if you were to whack Niko or Roman. Possibly Luis or Gay Tony. It would be so badass! It would definitely the first confirmed final conclusion of a playable character in GTA ever.

Roman wouldn't be possible as..

He was killed in the deal ending

I do like the the idea though, but it would suck having to kill Niko. I think Niko is great and it would and I know this sounds corny be a bit emotional killing him after everything he went through in GTA IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users