Does this game deserves the V ?

67 replies to this topic
Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (darkplague @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 15:57)
earlier i was reading an article about over 100 new domains that have been registered by R*. why is this significant?

One of the Domains is called: Accesseverywhere.com

is this significant? im not sure...but could it be possible that we will be able to FINALLY enter all buildings in the game?

not a chance, there is literally no way your going to be able enter every building. i think your hopes and wishes are way off lol

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (LemKo @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 11:58)
QUOTE (ldee @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 11:56)
and who are you to decide what name any game deserves?

A big GTA fan that feel let down.

Let down by a "title"? What a douchebag.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

The people who are in the best position to answer that, is Rockstar themselves. If they think it is worthy to carry the numeral 'V' on the box, then I'll take their word for it.

In my eyes San Andreas did enough to warrant being titled 'IV' last gen.

GTAglezga
  • GTAglezga

(LIVING WITH MY PARENTS)

• Members
  • Armenia

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

I'd wait until you play it until you start threads like this, but I do know what you mean icon14.gif

J24D
  • J24D

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

GTA: Vice City and GTA: San Andreas were most likely named so because they weren't sucessors to GTA: III, they were set before all the previous games. Then GTA: IV came and now V.

Meow Meow
  • Meow Meow

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (xxDingerxx @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 12:17)
I will be surprised if any characters cross over into the GTA5.  If they do, I expect it will be nothing more than an easter egg

I don't think they'll be many but I expect a few. One of the casting calls had this ...EDDIE MCREARY (45-50 Male United States) Irish ethnicity. Lives with his cousin. Smokes weed and loves partying.

Nietzsche's God
  • Nietzsche's God

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

With the success of RDR and LA Noir, I would say some of the features from these two games may have find its place in the next GTA game. So therefore, the GTA5 isn't technically the same engine with all of its same parts, but instead, may have new different parts with the addition of previous parts from GTA4.

BenDeR_
  • BenDeR_

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (deepthroatgta6 @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 11:59)
Ever wondered why Rockstar hasn't registered "www.gtav.com" to its name?
Maybe they will add something to the title later.

But they did register www.grandtheftautov.com

The next GTA is going to be titled Grand Theft Auto V, I think people need to get over it.

valensim
  • valensim

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:02 PM

I see it like this, if ''Grand Theft Auto III'' would be released on this generation on consoles, it would look like this....

MAIN TITLE
Grand Theft Auto III

DLC
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

DLC
Grand Theft Auto: The Lost And Damned
Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad Of Gay Tony

DLC
Grand Theft Auto: ???
Grand Theft Auto: ???
Grand Theft Auto: ??? biggrin.gif

seVensantos
  • seVensantos

citizen of san andreas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Rando4u @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 08:47)
We've only had over a minuet of the game, the only real information we have from the trailer is that it's based in Los Santos and it's surrounding areas. Anything else is just pure speculation. The physics could be different, the structure of the story, the entire enviroment (we have only had a few instances of how NPC's and objects interact).

"A bold new direction in open-world freedom"

icon14.gif !!!

mobile
  • mobile

Mobile

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

In my opinion, if compared to GTA III and Vice City, GTA San Andreas was a bold new direction in open-world freedom. Let's hope that GTA V will transcend both GTA III and IV era. This is their promise.

GTAWithStyle
  • GTAWithStyle

Street Cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

it's not a new era already ffs, Niko exists in V's universe.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (ch3vychas3 @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 12:00)
Welcome to the future, it's called Downloadable Content aka DLC.

If they didn't call it V people would confuse it with another light-weight expansion pack.

Exactly. Judging by the cars and graphics I'm inclined to bet that this game takes place in the same universe as IV. I could be wrong, but I think R* will abadon the GTA III era scheme of naming due in large part to the advent of DLC. I mean they couldn't call it GTA: San Andreas; GTA IV: San Andreas sounds like a DLC and even GTA: Los Santos sounds a bit DLCish. Calling it GTA V makes it clear that this is a new and complete game not just an expansion on a previous game.

Sebor
  • Sebor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE (goldboy76 @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 12:17)
It's calling GTA V because it has a bold-new direction of multiplayer, stories, freedom etc.

This

The graphics argument is stupid, if GTA V will have a slightly upgraded graphics and Euphoria physics from RDR it will be sufficient. What counts is the gameplay and world and I believe that really will go to a new level.

Also it makes me believe that the GTA 4 story line is completely done and gone.

On the other hand it could of course just be marketing strategy as mentioned before.

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

For realz, people? We haven't even seen a gameplay video and we're already criticizing this game. It's pathetic!

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

The game will not be a DLC (downloadable content) simply more DVD.S quite easy to implicate ...
The only way it would be is on steam,30+GB's on steam =4 days to DL ,F@$K DAT...
i would rather 4xDVD's to install then use Games For Windows Live:
like we have with IV ,tho some people have been using steam ,so i hope we all get both,so we get the best of both worlds.

I have steam but its sooo damn slow ,i dont mind spending an hr installing 4xdvd.s if that how its going to be to play my game .....

& yes V is what they wanted so why the f&@k not. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tounge.gif

edenstal
  • edenstal

Le Servant

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

"...the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created."

Yeah, it's a new era.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (edenstal @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 22:29)
"...the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created."

Yeah, it's a new era.

They are always announcing a new GTA on the same way. It's always better, improved and innovated, more spectacular etc. etc.
Don't pay too much attention to that.

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

I think because they're reusing the city, it's not a new one. That, and GTA: Los Santos sounds half-baked.

Baron-Samedi
  • Baron-Samedi

# Skinhead Trevor FTW !!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (LemKo @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 11:55)
Hi, it's just a quick thing that bothers me, we all saw the trailer and we know it, GTA V is based on the same engine as GTA IV and is graphicaly very close so does this game deserves the name of GTA V ?

Or it should have been called GTA IV : Los Santos ? To me it should have because when I saw the name GTA V, I was very hyped because I expected a leap as gigantic as GTA 2 -> GTA III and GTA III -> GTA IV.

But no, it doesn't look like it.

To me this one should have been called GTA IV : Los Santos and V should have been the one on the future generation of console.
This game is more like a leap GTA III -> GTA Vice City

What do you think ?

first of all i would like to know where you guys heard about once they put a number the game changes bored.gif ....did rocktars said that somewhere ? It's a new game people deal with it... Yes it's set in LS but not the one from SA ,it is a revamped version thats why its call V ,and you are clearly blind if you think IV & V has the same R.A.G.E engine it as obviously been upgraded !

Toml123
  • Toml123

King of all things GTA!

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

Well technically its GTA XI because they have 11 differant games........ Rockstar work in random ways. but its gta V for a reason.

BGModder
  • BGModder

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

I don't think so, but they couldn't really name it San Andreas again or San Andreas 2.

no_chance
  • no_chance

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (LemKo @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 11:58)
QUOTE (ldee @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 11:56)
and who are you to decide what name any game deserves?

A big GTA fan that feel let down.

let down are you bipolar or something or you haven't seen the trailer why call yourself a gta fan?

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

even though people say its the new era, i disagree. It might end up being GTA: los santos. The working name is just 5. Because they cant call it GTA:SA or GTA:VC it wont make since and it is still the GTA IV era. Too many GTA IV easter eggs hint 5 is part of the era. The old man from TBOGT that was a hobo was in the gta 5 trailer. People think niko and packie will reprise there rolls. I KNOW its not the end of era IV, era IV only went to Liberty city. So im sure we will see a IV era sanandreas AND vice city before we see a real GTA 5.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

I thought we already had topics for this...

Anyways, the GTA IV: Los Santos idea is retarded if you ask me. While it is in the same era, it's still an entirely new game. No reason to keep the "IV."

After all, VC was GTA Vice City, not GTA III: Vice City.

Dubien
  • Dubien

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

Just because it hasn't advanced in graphics or the game engine doesn't mean it's not a big leap. We barely know anything about the game yet besides what we saw in the trailer. Rockstar said that GTA 5 would be their most ambitious game they ever made, so I'm sure if it really is, it will deserve the V.

limbfilter
  • limbfilter

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

@op
Honestly I felt the way you did at first...Maybe not for the same reason...but I'm not gonna give you any grief.

To me the numbered games always meant "present day"...That's why I was surprised by V....I thought we might get a different time period this time...So I was disappointed...but the dlc reasoning is pretty sound.

That's not to say that I'm not super excited anyway though...

Lampka12
  • Lampka12

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

Maybe it's all fake.

The Nihilist
  • The Nihilist

Illegalist

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

Obviously R*, the ones who choose the name, and have made every GTA, feel that the "V" is deserved, unless they suddenly turn around and change it, but I doubt it.

It's a whole new Era, as the Roman Numeral points out, and R* has said in the past that each Roman Numeral is a new era. It's not a different universe, they're all the same, just the era is different. Claude exists in Era IV and Era V, but like R* has stated about the new Eras, the characters from old ones won't likely be returning in any major way.

jdrandall38
  • jdrandall38

Out of Work Comedian

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

Deserve? I don't think we have a choice, sir. Rockstar doesn't have to follow any of our logic anyways...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users