Whats the CORRECT ending?

118 replies to this topic
cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:12 PM

Chinatown Wars takes place after the events of GTA IV, TLaD, and TBoGT; 2009. But just because Roman's Cab Depot is burned down, doesn't mean the Revenge ending is canon. Roman's Cab Depot is burned down in the begining of IV, it is not affected by which ending you choose.

I swear, some people on this board and the GTA V board have never played GTA IV, and have only watched gameplay videos and walkthroughs, and think that puts them on the same level as the people who have actually played and payed attention to the story and game mechanics.

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Malkmus3 @ Saturday, Jan 28 2012, 19:40)
I think killing Dimitri was the correct ending. He was an idiot anyway, and kate dying is alot less worse than Roman dying. Dimitri deserved it when i dropped 3 grenades at his feet.

He dies no matter what ending you choose. But if you choose Deal, Dimitri gets the epic final mission which he rightfully deserves.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:36 AM

Revenge is cannon, well mostly because if you played GTA CTW you can go and see that Roman's cab depot is rebuilt.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (ToniForelli @ Sunday, Jan 29 2012, 08:36)
Revenge is cannon, well mostly because if you played GTA CTW you can go and see that Roman's cab depot is rebuilt.

Not necessarily,Niko was co-owner so he might want to rebuild it, or Niko and Mallorie could sell the company.Real estate in New York in 2008 was probably expensive.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (ToniForelli @ Sunday, Jan 29 2012, 08:36)

It's possible someone else bought it and rebuilt it, plus Roman and Niko were forced to leave Broker. They stayed at Mallorie's cousins' place for a while, then bought a place in Algonquin. I doubt they would move back to Broker story-wise.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:28 PM

Since Dimitri is dead why shouldn't he return to Broker.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Kenny Petrovic is still alive,and i don't think that he forgive murder of his son,even if it was just a business.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

Still Niko has allies like the Yardies, North Holland Hustlers.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

And like i said it is possible that Niko and Mallorie rebuild the cab depot,or sell it to someone else.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Sunday, Jan 29 2012, 20:04)
And like i said it is possible that Niko and Mallorie rebuild the cab depot,or sell it to someone else.

Yes, I even said it's possible they sold it to someone else.

Toni, like acmilano said, Kenny Petrovic is still alive, on top of that, the Russian's are still and always will be angry at Niko for killing Faustin.

I myself pay no attention to CTW, even if it is canon to the HD Era. I only pay attention to the "real" games that are on the PC and consoles.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (ToniForelli @ Monday, Jan 30 2012, 08:54)
Still Niko has allies like the Yardies, North Holland Hustlers.

I doubt they'd go into a full hardcore gang war with the Russians because of one dude.

Billy Benedict
  • Billy Benedict

Town Drunk

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

But at the same time, departure time shows dimittri dying before that mission began

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:18 PM

You don't see Dimittri at all in Departure Time?

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

I wouldn't really say that there is a right ending in all honesty. You make your own ending for the game. I preferred revenge because Roman stayed alive, but it could be argued that deal is better because of the drama it creates because you lose someone incredibly close to you.

Vega LVI
  • Vega LVI

Gravedancer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Neither endings are canon. We will only know for sure if Rockstar confirms which one is canon, but you waking up to a stegosaurus in your bed is much more likely to occur.

Malkmus3
  • Malkmus3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

I think kates death is much less important than romans. Plus, you get to kill dimitri for betraying you.
So, i think Kates death is the correct ending, because you get dimitri back for what he did.

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Malkmus3 @ Sunday, Apr 1 2012, 13:01)
I think kates death is much less important than romans. Plus, you get to kill dimitri for betraying you.
So, i think Kates death is the correct ending, because you get dimitri back for what he did.

You kill Dimitri in both endings. Roman's death (Deal) makes Dimitri the ultimate villain, because he betrays you twice more: not going through with the deal then trying to kill Niko, hitting Roman. Dimitri then betrays and kills Pegorino, and Dimitri is the one you chase and kill on Happiness Island.

Kate's death (Revenge) preserves more of Niko's assets (Roman's friendship and abilities) but also brings Niko down to Dimitri's level in a way, because Niko chooses to betray Pegorino by killing Dimitri instead of doing the deal. This destroys Pegorino's business and provokes Pegorino to try to kill Niko which results in killing Kate, prompting Niko to take revenge against Pegorino. Some people find Pegorino being the final boss anti-climactic. Even though you're taking revenge for Kate, it's Niko's choice that made Pegorino an enemy. Pegorino did put Niko in a spot by dealing with Dimitri, but Pegorino didn't set out to screw Niko, he just miscalculated the feasibility of the deal out of greed and arrogance. Niko, on the other hand, knowingly makes Pegorino collateral damage in his decision to murder Dimitri.

Neither ending is ideal. In terms of getting the best outcome for post-story gameplay, I prefer Revenge because you lose contact with Kate either way so you might as well still have Roman, but Niko's behavior in Deal is ultimately more idealistic and justifiable even though the decision to work with Dimitri is questionable. Niko is not necessarily stupid to choose Deal, rather he is choosing to be loyal to Roman and to Pegorino. He accepts that he's put in that spot and puts his better judgment aside to see how it goes. Ultimately Dimitri proves him correct and does even more to prove that he deserves to die.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:06 AM

I chose deal because it makes sense that Dimitri would betray Pegorino like he did to everybody else.

roe
  • roe

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

I agree that it's whatever you choose. Neither is really wrong or right, it gives you the choice to finish how you want.

But I will say that Deal makes the most sense to me, what with Roman being more important than Kate, and Dimitri deserving to be the last boss to kill.

Karambalaya
  • Karambalaya

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

How do you know that Chinatown Wars is set after the events in GTAIV/TLAD/TBOGT? (I must admit that I haven't played CTW..)

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (Karambalaya @ Tuesday, Apr 3 2012, 15:12)
How do you know that Chinatown Wars is set after the events in GTAIV/TLAD/TBOGT? (I must admit that I haven't played CTW..)

Huang Lee argues with his traditionalist uncle, "this is 2009 not 1403." GTA IV/EFLC has multiple in-game references to 2008. However besides sharing the same city the 2008 and 2009 characters and storylines have no crossover except for the same organizations/businesses/gangs existing, and the LCPD database listing characters from both storylines to confirm it's the same continuity, or at least parallel universes.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Thursday, Nov 10 2011, 08:04)
QUOTE (Lampka12 @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 20:31)
It's not Silent Hill. All of them are correct.

im a hardcore silent hill fan and silent hill always has 2 correct endings for the first 4 games.

SH1: Ending where cybil dies and ending where cybil and harry lives is correct.
SH2: Ending where he leaves with laura and ending where he drowns himself is correct.
SH3: Ending where she kills douglas or ending where she leaves with douglass.
SH4: Ending where eileen lives or ending where eileen dies.

Not this again! I remember a big arguement on SilentHillForums.co.uk about this years ago.

meimeilarry
  • meimeilarry

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

I was planning on playing through IV's story one last time and I want to play it canonically.

roe
  • roe

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (meimeilarry @ Thursday, Apr 5 2012, 05:57)
I was planning on playing through IV's story one last time and I want to play it canonically.

As The Streets once said..

"Do what you think's right, and you will feel alright"

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:15 AM

I reckon GTA IV's Revenge ending was the proper canon ending. If Niko couldn't handle the selling out of his army unit by Darko, then how could he handle Dimitri's betrayal? Throughout the game, he is thirsting for revenge on Dimitri for his betrayal, and I don't know why he would want to pass up that opportunity. Also Kate's a b*tch. I don't care about the fact that she got killed.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Ain't nothin' over til it's over.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the DEAL ending is the canon ending.

I mean if we look at III, Vice City and Andreas the formula for the games is you usually meet the main antagonist early (Catalina, Sonny and Tenpenny) and well - Pegorino didn't seem like much of a final ending to the game. I believe the ending where you kill the man who has betrayed you since almost the start of the game and your cousin dies is more fitting to the formula of every other GTA game.

May I state this is just my opinion? lol.gif

DoubledRelic696
  • DoubledRelic696

odĕrint dum metŭant

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

There is no CORRECT ending.

If you take the money, Roman dies.

If you don't take the money, your Girlfriend Katie dies.

roe
  • roe

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (MrDanceWithLance @ Friday, Apr 6 2012, 05:15)
I reckon GTA IV's Revenge ending was the proper canon ending. If Niko couldn't handle the selling out of his army unit by Darko, then how could he handle Dimitri's betrayal? Throughout the game, he is thirsting for revenge on Dimitri for his betrayal, and I don't know why he would want to pass up that opportunity. Also Kate's a b*tch. I don't care about the fact that she got killed.

So you think the most fitting ending is the one you don't even care about?

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

What I am saying is that the Revenge ending is the ending I believe to be canon. What I also said is that I am glad that Kate died. That's all.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

Like everyone else said there is no "correct" ending. But for me personally, I felt that revenge was the correct ending. I was more satisfied with it, and although there was still consequences, they weren't as bad I mean you'd only known Kate for a very short time, sure it meant alot to your relationship with the McReary's, but it wasn't Niko's problem that she got killed. I just felt Revenge was much more logical after everything Roman and Niko had been through. How could you be happy giving in to the very thing you've been fighting all this time by chosing Deal?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users