• natetheguitarkid

The diplomatic treatment's

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:52 AM

Revenge, Deal is too much of a buzz kill (yes i just said buzz kill) wink.gif

Roman dying is like Jerry dying in Tom and Jerry confused.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (natetheguitarkid @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 05:46)

Defiantly, I feel way more comfortable with that ending anyway. I mean why would Niko be stupid enough to make a deal with Dimitri anyway, or more so for the sake of Roman's honeymoon (atleast what he bragged in his message)? confused.gif

Because
Pegorino practically tells Niko "I will harm you if you don't do this deal" or something along those lines. He basically tells him he's not going to be happy if Niko doesn't do the deal. I don't think Niko could be that stupid.

Dimitri actually hadn't really done anything to Niko since he kidnapped Roman and that was a month ago in game time (roughly). Pegorino was a bigger threat than Dimitri, cause there was no sure promise that Dimitri would harm/kill Niko but Peg tells him strait up. Deal is the canon ending.

Niko would have to be pretty stupid to ignore what Peg said. Peg is actually a bigger threat than Dimitri at that point in the storyline.
  • Mr_Leone likes this

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (StonersDarkness @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 05:01)
Linki, i did this about a good 30 times, only wiggle the up/down analog stick, but hell, sometimes it helps, all i can say to do is watch the waves, it seemed like chance that i even got on it... LMAO...

Alright then mate. I also heard a rumour that if you don't drive the boat in between the two rocks then it makes it impossible to reach Jacob.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

yeah, it is something with the rocks that basicly says weither you will complete it or fail... im not to sure though, i think i drove through the 2 rocks... really, i just stayed right on the helicopters ass till Lil Jacob showed up, it's a bitch though, watchin out for those damn rockets he fires, oh, and the M4 that fires down at you and takes your health...

Spectre95
  • Spectre95

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:01 AM Edited by Spectre95, 18 January 2012 - 10:09 AM.

QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 07:14)
QUOTE (Allen14n @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 06:32)
I think the "revenge" ending was more applicable to the story. I know Niko might seem greedy at times, but Dimitri's betrayal must have really aggravated him.

But After Niko realizes that revenge isn't what he wanted after Darko, his perspectives on revenge and forgiveness change. Niko is more willing to forgive. People often say GTA 4 is about revenge but I think its about forgiveness more. Replay the game and you'll see, the whole game is about forgiveness.

Not to mention the fact that Pegorino practically told Niko he was going to f*ck if he didn't make the deal and by that stage, Niko has learnt that Peg is pretty unstable and would probably cause a problem. I mean, does he really think Peg would just let him walk away after killing an important associate?

I agree with you he's willing to forgive, but only to a certain point. Dimitri was a threat to everything Niko cared for and was someone that HAD to be eliminated. After that, Niko would do the same thing he'd do in the Deal ending, and that is forget about revenge. He was willing to settle down with Kate and leave the criminal life behind. Why do you think Niko called Kate in the first place? Because all Roman ever talked about was 'money money money' and all it did was get the both of them in trouble. As much as Niko loves Roman, I believe he would of listened to Kate instead.
So you see, it still works both ways.

Also, Dimitri was a much bigger threat than Pegorino. The Pegorinos are just a small-time family in Alderney. Why do you think the Commission thought they were a "fat f*cking joke"? After the Revenge mission, the Pegorinos are nothing and everyone wants them dead. Niko probably thought that Jimmy wouldn't have the balls to try to kill him since he'd be too busy trying to hide.
  • gunziness likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:18 AM Edited by DarkKingBernard, 18 January 2012 - 10:21 AM.

QUOTE (Spectre95 @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 10:01)
I agree with you he's willing to forgive, but only to a certain point. Dimitri was a threat to everything Niko cared for and was someone that HAD to be eliminated. After that, Niko would do the same thing he'd do in the Deal ending, and that is forget about revenge. He was willing to settle down with Kate and leave the criminal life behind. Why do you think Niko called Kate in the first place? Because all Roman ever talked about was 'money money money' and all it did was get the both of them in trouble. As much as Niko loves Roman, I believe he would of listened to Kate instead.

Also, Dimitri was a much bigger threat than Pegorino. The Pegorinos are just a small-time family in Alderney. Why do you think the Commission thought they were a "fat f*cking joke"? After the Revenge mission, the Pegorinos are nothing and everyone wants them dead. Niko probably thought that Jimmy wouldn't have the balls to try to kill him since he'd be too busy trying to hide.

I agree with this. Pegorino's a joke lol.gif

Why would he fear Pegorino if he killed Faustin in the first place, kidnapped Ancelotti's daughter.

Niko already has enough money he never even spends. Need a car? He'll steal it.

There's a car showroom in Algonquin near his safehouse with Turismos.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

I don't like the way the Deal path ended, but I have to say it is the "correct" or, "canonical" ending.

Like everyone else has explained, Niko does not feel the same way about revenge after what happened with Darko. Sure, Pegirino threatened Niko, but I doubt that would persuade him into making the Deal.

Throughout the story, Niko is always there for Roman. Whenever Roman suggests something, Niko does it. Roman encourages Niko to do the Deal. This is what Niko wanted for Roman. When he arrived in Liberty City, he expected Roman to have all these fancy cars and this mansion. If Niko listens to Roman, they can finally achieve what they always wanted, they are no longer in debt.

The Deal ending is much more tragic than the Revenge ending, and has more of an impact on the player than the Revenge ending. The Deal ending seems to fit more into the story than Niko getting Revenge and 'ol simple, meaningless Kate dying. I honestly think the Deal ending is what Rockstar would have went with themselves. It just seems more "put-together" than Niko getting Revenge.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

Now to think about it, it lacks doing nothing. Not choosing either way. f*ck the money and f*ck Dimitri.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Spectre95 @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 10:01)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 07:14)
QUOTE (Allen14n @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 06:32)
I think the "revenge" ending was more applicable to the story. I know Niko might seem greedy at times, but Dimitri's betrayal must have really aggravated him.

But After Niko realizes that revenge isn't what he wanted after Darko, his perspectives on revenge and forgiveness change. Niko is more willing to forgive. People often say GTA 4 is about revenge but I think its about forgiveness more. Replay the game and you'll see, the whole game is about forgiveness.

Not to mention the fact that Pegorino practically told Niko he was going to f*ck if he didn't make the deal and by that stage, Niko has learnt that Peg is pretty unstable and would probably cause a problem. I mean, does he really think Peg would just let him walk away after killing an important associate?

Hmm, good points there. I didn't really think about who he would be listening to on the phone. That's an interesting point. But I guess it comes back to the point that cp1dell made about money.

But for the second ones, I kinda meant that Pegorino was a more obvious threat than Dimitri. It was guaranteed that Peg would (try to) hurt Niko if he did Revenge, while its not guaranteed whether Dimitri would betray him or not. The deal could have gone smoothly and Niko would be 500k richer and they'd have a happy wedding and go off to live happily ever after, not worryin about debts, if the deal went through.

Niko already has enough money he never even spends. Need a car? He'll steal it.

Niko wants to become legit and exit the life of crime so if he wanted a Turismo, he'd buy one and get insurance and such.

CrowBarZ
  • CrowBarZ

Storm Mancini

• Members

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

the CORRECT is BOTH. R* didn't put two endings just to have one that is not as correct as the others. You actions in game dictate which is "Correct". If you choose deal, the correct ending is that you kill dimitri in the end and Roman dies. If you choose revenge, the correct ending is, jimmy P. is who you kill in the end and kate dies.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:29 AM

Yeah, this isn't LucasArts. They always have to announce which choices are "canonical" in a Star Wars game because the characters have to fit into the larger Star Wars continuity. Rockstar has much looser continuity for GTA. Both endings can be correct because GTA V will probably not reference GTA IV specifically enough for the answer to this question to matter.

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (cp1dell @ Wednesday, Jan 18 2012, 19:56)
I don't like the way the Deal path ended, but I have to say it is the "correct" or, "canonical" ending.

Like everyone else has explained, Niko does not feel the same way about revenge after what happened with Darko. Sure, Pegirino threatened Niko, but I doubt that would persuade him into making the Deal.

Throughout the story, Niko is always there for Roman. Whenever Roman suggests something, Niko does it. Roman encourages Niko to do the Deal. This is what Niko wanted for Roman. When he arrived in Liberty City, he expected Roman to have all these fancy cars and this mansion. If Niko listens to Roman, they can finally achieve what they always wanted, they are no longer in debt.

The Deal ending is much more tragic than the Revenge ending, and has more of an impact on the player than the Revenge ending. The Deal ending seems to fit more into the story than Niko getting Revenge and 'ol simple, meaningless Kate dying. I honestly think the Deal ending is what Rockstar would have went with themselves. It just seems more "put-together" than Niko getting Revenge.

I side with this... haha... icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:48 AM

It's pretty obvious that Deal is the better ending. Roman's death is more climactic, Dimitri has the climactic final mission and death. The fact that Pegorino gets the final mission feels so off. And when Kate died did anyone really care? The Revenge ending is mostly chosen by the people who knew in advance the reprocussions of choosing it, and would rather have that ending than Deal just to play it safe. The Deal ending invokes the most emotion. Revenge is just kind of stupid.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

I have to go with REVENGE since in GTA CTW Roman's cab depot is rebuild that means revenge is cannon.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:23 PM

Lol, both of them.
Btw, I hope Niko and Roman will never come again, especially not in V. That was dark story, happened once and it's done.

This is San Andreas (or Los Santos, wha-f*cking-tever), characters from III era San Andreas would be more suitable in my opinion.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

Personally, I would rather Roman had died when I played tounge.gif

123iamking
  • 123iamking

Who am I?

• Members

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Ow c'mon , only stupid chose deal . I don't see any benefit if Roman 's death , but Kate's death does have benefit - the Gta World get rid of an urgly ,old ,stupid ,"have no breast" , moral ,"can't have sex" lady

locolow2011
  • locolow2011

Rock on

• Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

In my opinion, revenge is the "correct" ending because Niko promised himself he would deal with Dimitri sooner or later, and he is a person of principles, someone who won't stab you in the back and he sort of knew Dimitri was gonna do something like that.

That's why i think its the correct ending but to be honest both endings have very valid arguments.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Also with people claiming Niko has so much money, that he doesn't need to take the Deal path, you're wrong. Plot-wise, the money goes to Roman and paying for the safe-houses. The player is the one with all the money. If it was really "Niko's money", you could easily go on a massacre, pick up the money off the ground and complain about how Niko says they have no money to pay off Roman's debt since you just went around stealing it.

123iamking
  • 123iamking

Who am I?

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 06:11)
QUOTE (natetheguitarkid @ Monday, Jan 16 2012, 05:46)

Defiantly, I feel way more comfortable with that ending anyway. I mean why would Niko be stupid enough to make a deal with Dimitri anyway, or more so for the sake of Roman's honeymoon (atleast what he bragged in his message)?  confused.gif

Because
Pegorino practically tells Niko "I will harm you if you don't do this deal" or something along those lines. He basically tells him he's not going to be happy if Niko doesn't do the deal. I don't think Niko could be that stupid.

Dimitri actually hadn't really done anything to Niko since he kidnapped Roman and that was a month ago in game time (roughly). Pegorino was a bigger threat than Dimitri, cause there was no sure promise that Dimitri would harm/kill Niko but Peg tells him strait up. Deal is the canon ending.

Niko would have to be pretty stupid to ignore what Peg said. Peg is actually a bigger threat than Dimitri at that point in the storyline.

U do the deal for what Peg said - u r a coward ! Who care what Peg say , who scare Peg ! Player can kill 10 Peg at the same time ! Don't u see how brave when Tommy kill Diaz,Sonny,his own powerful ex-son-boss . Or Claude kill a powerful mafia family . U playing a prota in Gta and u scare a character - u deeply a coward ! I DON'T THINK ANYBODY gonna chose deal , now look , why there r so many cowards ? Don't have enough courage to make their revenge !

123iamking
  • 123iamking

Who am I?

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (BrianJohnsonsBrotherCarl @ Thursday, Jan 19 2012, 05:48)
It's pretty obvious that Deal is the better ending. Roman's death is more climactic, Dimitri has the climactic final mission and death. The fact that Pegorino gets the final mission feels so off. And when Kate died did anyone really care? The Revenge ending is mostly chosen by the people who knew in advance the reprocussions of choosing it, and would rather have that ending than Deal just to play it safe. The Deal ending invokes the most emotion. Revenge is just kind of stupid.

What ? U said revenge is stupid ? U r the one who stupid ! Kiss Peg's ass or Kiss Dimitri's ,I THINK u should kiss the both ! Don't kiss my ass cause I have just washed it , It's clean now and I don't want it get dirty !

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

Maybe TBOGT credits gives the answer.If Kate dies then Packie calls Niko and says how he now needs to stay with his mother becouse he's all that is left to her.And in TBOGT credits we saw him going to airport and leaving the city,which means somebodystays with his mother and that could only be Kate,becouse Gerry is in jail and Francis and Derrick areone dead and other is no longer considered a family. Also Roman'sdeath is much more tragical than Kate and Dimitri is Niko's real enemy,not Pegorino so he should die in last mission.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Thursday, Jan 26 2012, 07:43)
Maybe TBOGT credits gives the answer.If Kate dies then Packie calls Niko and says how he now needs to stay with his mother becouse he's all that is left to her.And in TBOGT credits we saw him going to airport and leaving the city,which means somebodystays with his mother and that could only be Kate,becouse Gerry is in jail and Francis and Derrick areone dead and other is no longer considered a family. Also Roman'sdeath is much more tragical than Kate and Dimitri is Niko's real enemy,not Pegorino so he should die in last mission.

Nice post. I don't think Packie would leave his mother if he was the only one there for her. The only thing is that if Niko kills Francis then I suppose that Derrick could support her but his drug addiction would probably get in the way. I think this more or less confirms that Deal is canon.

123iamking: We're not discussing which ending is BETTER, just which one is canon, and its painfully obvious that Deal is. I personally prefer the Revenge ending gameplay wise and it COULD have been emotional if Kate wasn't such an unlikable b*tch.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Wednesday, Jan 25 2012, 18:43)

Oh my god. That man is onto something!

You sir, have just blown my mind.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (acmilano @ Wednesday, Jan 25 2012, 12:43)

Impressive! But we don't know how much time passes between the end of the story and Packie leaving. It's a bit of a contradiction that Packie remains available indefinitely for friendship with Niko in post-story gameplay, so we have to assume Niko's "endless" free roaming represents a limited time, perhaps several weeks when Packie is around, and GTA IV simply fails to say what happens next. Packie's mother may have died next. We don't know.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Thursday, Jan 26 2012, 06:51)
QUOTE (acmilano @ Wednesday, Jan 25 2012, 12:43)

Impressive! But we don't know how much time passes between the end of the story and Packie leaving. It's a bit of a contradiction that Packie remains available indefinitely for friendship with Niko in post-story gameplay, so we have to assume Niko's "endless" free roaming represents a limited time, perhaps several weeks when Packie is around, and GTA IV simply fails to say what happens next. Packie's mother may have died next. We don't know.

Yes that is quite possible,death of one sone and daughter and incarseration of another son would be too much for anyone,especially for older woman.Of course i was using only info from IV and TBOGT that was available to us.Considering that TBOGT ending was relatively fast after IV ending it need to be something instant,like stroke or heart attack so that funeral of Packie's mother is over and he is ready to go where ever he's planned.Maybe his eventual appearance in V will put more light on all this.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (ToniForelli @ Thursday, Jan 19 2012, 14:51)
I have to go with REVENGE since in GTA CTW Roman's cab depot is rebuild that means revenge is cannon.

Lol you do know GTA CTW takes place before IV right?

Malkmus3
  • Malkmus3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

I think killing Dimitri was the correct ending. He was an idiot anyway, and kate dying is alot less worse than Roman dying. Dimitri deserved it when i dropped 3 grenades at his feet.

senor_huevos_benedicto
  • senor_huevos_benedicto

Tell your friends. Tell your neighbours. Tell Randy Gonzales.

• Members

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

I think that the revenge path was cannon. I can't imagine Niko listening to one guy (while he's got the support of one of his rivals) and doing a deal with his despised enemy, however I can imagine him going "f*ck this sheet" and doing what he did.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (ccrogers15 @ Saturday, Jan 28 2012, 10:16)
QUOTE (ToniForelli @ Thursday, Jan 19 2012, 14:51)

Lol you do know GTA CTW takes place before IV right?

No it's not. 2009+IV era.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users