Which is correct? Thanks in advance.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Neither, both and any of them. You make your own canon. The thing with IV is I suspect the ties it'll have with V are few, and with the previous games there were no links so this is why we could have endings like that. I used to have two files with both endings played out. The way things fall is up to you.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

i hope the revenge was canon. I mean cause, i wanna see niko and roman again. Wouldn't that be cool if they had a cameo in GTA 5? Roman walking on the beach with malory and there kid and niko walking with kiki.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

I'd laugh if the protag in V was Roman, if he'd gained a different accent, highly doubtful though.
BOT, all the way through the game Niko was saying he wanted revenge, so although both endings are right I feel that the revenge ending is the more fitting, but I still like to save the game twice and play through both.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

Daddy's back, bitches!

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

To me there is no canon ending, the ending should be the one that the player feels most comfortable with. I feel more comfortable with the Revenge ending personally.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (AlexGTAGamer @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 23:36)
To me there is no canon ending, the ending should be the one that the player feels most comfortable with. I feel more comfortable with the Revenge ending personally.

so do i. There both sad, but the revenge seems more it.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:36 AM

In a game I say a choice that unlocks (or preserves) the most content or abilities is correct. In GTA IV that clearly requires ensuring that Dwayne and Roman survive. Not coincidentally, these results follow from the choices that portray Niko as more sympathetic, honorable, and intelligent. Kate's death is a tragedy but Roman's death is a greater loss and a greater blow to Niko's honor because he failed to protect his family. He feels more responsibility for Roman and I think he shows greater grief and rage at Roman's death.
  • UchihaRingo likes this

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:53 AM

imo It has to be Deal, simply because its what Niko would have done in that situation and how his view on revenge has changed after whatever happened with Darko.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:06 AM

I'm going with Deal too. I think if there was just one ending that would be it. It just summed up how much the money Niko desperately wanted didn't mean much in the end and it just fitted so much better too with the course of the story IMO.

mrpain
  • mrpain

wub wub

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

You can't have a story about Niko without Roman. But in movie-ish storylines terms, Deal is the way to go, even though everyone hates Kate.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Its probably deal,i mean its better if the last enemy is someone who was chasing you through the whole game,not someone you met in a last 1/3 of a game,imagine if the last boss in San Andreas was Salvatore Leone.

bluesboyjr
  • bluesboyjr

Founder of the Zee Memorial Foundation

• Members

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

It'd be funny if Niko was in GTA V, Rockstar could play around with this. Like having him in a cutscene saying "I left Liberty City after the death of <LOUD TRUCK DRIVES PAST>". Or having him, Roman and Kate walking on a beach together, and they could be like "AND IT WAS ALL A DREAM".

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (bluesboyjr @ Tuesday, Nov 8 2011, 18:05)
It'd be funny if Niko was in GTA V, Rockstar could play around with this. Like having him in a cutscene saying "I left Liberty City after the death of <LOUD TRUCK DRIVES PAST>". Or having him, Roman and Kate walking on a beach together, and they could be like "AND IT WAS ALL A DREAM".

correction, niko,kate,roman,malory, and roman/mals kid

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:32 AM

I think the "revenge" ending was more applicable to the story. I know Niko might seem greedy at times, but Dimitri's betrayal must have really aggravated him.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE (Allen14n @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 06:32)
I think the "revenge" ending was more applicable to the story. I know Niko might seem greedy at times, but Dimitri's betrayal must have really aggravated him.

But After Niko realizes that revenge isn't what he wanted after Darko, his perspectives on revenge and forgiveness change. Niko is more willing to forgive. People often say GTA 4 is about revenge but I think its about forgiveness more. Replay the game and you'll see, the whole game is about forgiveness.

Not to mention the fact that Pegorino practically told Niko he was going to f*ck if he didn't make the deal and by that stage, Niko has learnt that Peg is pretty unstable and would probably cause a problem. I mean, does he really think Peg would just let him walk away after killing an important associate?

Lampka12
  • Lampka12

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

It's not Silent Hill. All of them are correct.

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (Lampka12 @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 20:31)
It's not Silent Hill. All of them are correct.

im a hardcore silent hill fan and silent hill always has 2 correct endings for the first 4 games.

SH1: Ending where cybil dies and ending where cybil and harry lives is correct.
SH2: Ending where he leaves with laura and ending where he drowns himself is correct.
SH3: Ending where she kills douglas or ending where she leaves with douglass.
SH4: Ending where eileen lives or ending where eileen dies.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You go OTB more than me man!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:53 PM

Revenge. Niko doesn't need money, and he isn't in any debt. Therefore, giving Dimitri what he deserved. Also, Niko&Roman for life, the game would be nothing without this couple(no homo)
  • theRema likes this

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

I know this has been discussed many a time but I was planning on playing through IV's story one last time and I want to play it canonically.

So, Deal or Revenge? Which is canon? Did TBOGT's ending supply any hints to which was canon?

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

The Highway Reapers MC Vice President

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:23 AM

as to you Linki, i would like to know this, i know both endings, but i thought Deal was the actual ending...

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:31 AM

Deal for sure. It just makes sense with how Niko feels at revenge at that point in the storyline, considering how Darko made him reconsider his views on revenge.

If he kills Darko, he will feel empty and realize that revenge is not what he's after.
If he spares Darko, he will feel better realize that revenge is not what he's after.

Plus, Pegorino practically tells Niko "I will harm you if you don't do this deal" or something along those lines. He basically tells him he's not going to be happy if Niko doesn't do the deal. I don't think Niko could be that stupid.

Sequel to this, Dimitri actually hadn't really done anything to Niko since he kidnapped Roman and that was a month ago in game time (roughly). Pegorino was a bigger threat than Dimitri, cause there was no sure promise that Dimitri would harm/kill Niko but Peg tells him strait up. Deal is the canon ending.
  • moejoore likes this

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 06:31)
Deal for sure. It just makes sense with how Niko feels at revenge at that point in the storyline, considering how Darko made him reconsider his views on revenge.

If he kills Darko, he will feel empty and realize that revenge is not what he's after.
If he spares Darko, he will feel better realize that revenge is not what he's after.

Plus, Pegorino practically tells Niko "I will harm you if you don't do this deal" or something along those lines. He basically tells him he's not going to be happy if Niko doesn't do the deal. I don't think Niko could be that stupid.

Sequel to this, Dimitri actually hadn't really done anything to Niko since he kidnapped Roman and that was a month ago in game time (roughly). Pegorino was a bigger threat than Dimitri, cause there was no sure promise that Dimitri would harm/kill Niko but Peg tells him strait up. Deal is the canon ending.

*sigh* And so it seems. I really wanted Revenge to be canon, for two reasons:
1) Niko loses a lot more emotionally if he does the Deal
2) I really, REALLY don't wanna go through that last mission again

Why? I can never get my boat underneath Jacob's chopper in time. Ever. How do I do it?

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 06:38)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 06:31)

*sigh* And so it seems. I really wanted Revenge to be canon, for two reasons:
1) Niko loses a lot more emotionally if he does the Deal
2) I really, REALLY don't wanna go through that last mission again

Why? I can never get my boat underneath Jacob's chopper in time. Ever. How do I do it?

I SO KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN HERE!!!!! DAMN that helicopter... i think me and Lil Jacob need to quit smokin... haha... naw... NEVER! lol

but i thought deal was the true ending, feel so sorry for Niko too, but life goes on, lol

Nellic94
  • Nellic94

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

Ya lads it's defo Deal it just doesn't seem right that Niko would kill his arch rival Dimitri before the last mission. Plus, I know Kate was Niko's girlfriend and all but she's only a minor character and her dying is not the same thing as Roman dying

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

good thing about deal is you don't have to listen to roman's bs phone calls anymore too, AND you get the money

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hey, Kinki, do the weather cheat. That will help you get to the chopper quicker. I know, I couldn't do that mission without cheating. I hate trying to get Niko on that chopper too. It drove me nuts. Finally, I came on YouTube and found the weather cheat and it helps ease up the chopy water and rain. That was the only way I could do it.

FenderFlix
  • FenderFlix

Random Guy

• Members

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

I think it's Deal for two reasons:
1. I consider Dimitri as the real antagonist so the confrontation with him should be saved for the very end.
2. Losing Roman at his own wedding seems far more dramatic.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (jlamay @ Sunday, Jan 15 2012, 21:26)
Hey, Kinki, do the weather cheat. That will help you get to the chopper quicker. I know, I couldn't do that mission without cheating. I hate trying to get Niko on that chopper too. It drove me nuts. Finally, I came on YouTube and found the weather cheat and it helps ease up the chopy water and rain. That was the only way I could do it.

Kinki? Hahaha biggrin.gif

Anyway, I'll try that. Thanks. But when I'm driving the boat, do I push the analog stick forward or back to increase speed? Or do I leave it alone?

StonersDarkness
  • StonersDarkness

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:01 AM

Linki, i did this about a good 30 times, only wiggle the up/down analog stick, but hell, sometimes it helps, all i can say to do is watch the waves, it seemed like chance that i even got on it... LMAO...

natetheguitarkid
  • natetheguitarkid

The diplomatic treatment's

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (Allen14n @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 06:32)

Defiantly, I feel way more comfortable with that ending anyway. I mean why would Niko be stupid enough to make a deal with Dimitri anyway, or more so for the sake of Roman's honeymoon (atleast what he bragged in his message)? confused.gif

And besides, if you didn't spend all your money on weapons you'll averagely have about $330,000 tounge.gif Why would Niko work with his worst enemy for the money anyway icon13.gif

Revenge is the way to go, and in GTA 5 canon, they definetly should do what bluesboyjr said, lol make a truck go by right before Niko tells who died happy.gif lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users