Photo

2 Player Split screen

45 replies to this topic
f1nash
  • f1nash

GTA 5

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

What do you think about 2 Player spilt screen. I think it would be fun.
This isnt a wish I was just wondering what people think about it.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

it wld be fun.... but GTA V looks to big and developed 4 our consoles to have splitscreen sad.gif

Zip87
  • Zip87

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

I'd like it. My mate and me play games a lot of times, but only i have a console and it's hard to find split screen, local coop games, that are also fun. Both of us also enjoy GTA so yeah, it'd be grand.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

I think it would be cool for activities (If they're in the game of course) like bowling, pool, mini golf, basketball etc.

Sadly 2 player split screen is basically a thing of the past. Very few games have it now especially with online.

f1nash
  • f1nash

GTA 5

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Zip87 @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 12:45)
I'd like it. My mate and me play games a lot of times, but only i have a console and it's hard to find split screen, local coop games, that are also fun. Both of us also enjoy GTA so yeah, it'd be grand.

Yeah i would be grand, having a buddy sitting next to playing.
I loved it on SA

Alif Akbar
  • Alif Akbar

Act Naturally

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

Wow, I'd like to have that future. Not like GTA SA that the 2 players share the same screen. Would be annoying, especially when your playmate change the camera to focus on his/her character sarcasm.gif

OFFTOPIC : Yay, 400th post ! (Why I'm so proud ?)

f1nash
  • f1nash

GTA 5

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 12:48)
I think it would be cool for activities (If they're in the game of course) like bowling, pool, mini golf, basketball etc.

Sadly 2 player split screen is basically a thing of the past. Very few games have it now especially with online.

Maybe they could do 2p split screen for online like COD that would be cool.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:04 PM

You can't really do splitscreen with GTA. Ever since SA, most of the content was being streamed. That means, you're effectively doubling memory requirements for split screen. That's just not going to work. That's the reason why co-op in SA was so limited. You can either do this, which would feel even more constraint than in SA, or you can have on-line only co-op.

Considering how much work would have to be put into it. shared screen co-op just isn't worth it. Split screen can't be done. So all that's left is on-line.

j.hunt
  • j.hunt

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

2 players on screen would be awesome IMO, like Resident Evil 5, etc lol biggrin.gif

Gtaerix
  • Gtaerix

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

Split screen or online co-op would be cool - me and my brother would be playing into the early hours of the morning!

Ehud
  • Ehud

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

YES ! Split screen would be awesome

GTAVFIVE
  • GTAVFIVE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

i agree this would be amazing i remember playing hide and seek with a few friends on gta san andreas it was brilliant biggrin.gif

f1nash
  • f1nash

GTA 5

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 13:04)
You can't really do splitscreen with GTA. Ever since SA, most of the content was being streamed. That means, you're effectively doubling memory requirements for split screen. That's just not going to work. That's the reason why co-op in SA was so limited. You can either do this, which would feel even more constraint than in SA, or you can have on-line only co-op.

Considering how much work would have to be put into it. shared screen co-op just isn't worth it. Split screen can't be done. So all that's left is on-line.

Thats a shame sad.gif but online would be good enough.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

imagine 2 players playing split screen GTA, then splitting up and traveling in opposite directions, the amount of cars / peds the game would have to spawn, and textures to render, and activities to display would be to much for current gen.

i love split screen, and would love it in GTA. but consoles just arent good enough sad.gif

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

I'm not one of those who would exactly find this useful. The only thing I play the game on is a 14" monitor, and no game looks good split screen--not side-by-side or top and bottom. So...no. I'd rather online co-op.

Turin88
  • Turin88

Your God

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

I'd quite like the option.

Darkshade12
  • Darkshade12

The Trooper.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:53 PM

Driver San Francisco did it in a fairly big city.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Darkshade12 @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 16:53)

fair play, i didnt know this....

but driver san fransisco has sh*t graphics and sh*t physics, and i dont think you can get out of your car. plus the AI is worse then GTA and so is the animations.

Darkshade12
  • Darkshade12

The Trooper.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 17:00)

but driver san fransisco has sh*t graphics and sh*t physics, and i dont think you can get out of your car. plus the AI is worse then GTA and so is the animations.

Actually it has fairly good graphics, a load of cars appear on screen at one time and it maintains a good FPS rate even on split screen.

f1nash
  • f1nash

GTA 5

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

Just throught of F1 2011, if anyone has played split screen on this, when you go into the pits on split screen it lags like mad.
Maybe it would have to be on the same screen like SA and not split screen.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:06 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 07 November 2011 - 05:12 PM.

QUOTE (Darkshade12 @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 17:03)

Actually it has fairly good graphics, a load of cars appear on screen at one time and it maintains a good FPS rate even on split screen.

it has well sh*t graphics -_-

its like midnight club, even cars control like midnight club

EDIT : actually, driver san fransisco cut scenes were good graphics, not what actually matters though, the gameplay.

Zee
  • Zee

Shut up, sit down, relax.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Comedian of the Year 2011

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Nver gonna happen R*s way too lazy to do something like that.

jdrandall38
  • jdrandall38

Out of Work Comedian

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

I personally don't like the splitscreen Idea. If you were to have 2-4 people online, thus having a full screen for each player on the map, I would love that. I think the era of "split-screen" is dead and gone for a whole lot of games.

f1nash
  • f1nash

GTA 5

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (Zee @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 17:07)
Nver gonna happen R*s way too lazy to do something like that.

Way too lazy?

therif
  • therif

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (f1nash @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 12:30)

Would be awesome. It's the only thing I miss when I start up some Grand Theft Auto game. Really hope they will include it in V. But, as someone already has been writing; the game will be very big. Can the consoles have the split screen function in a game that big? I hope so thought. Would even be fine with a better online feature.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (therif @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 17:15)

Would be awesome. It's the only thing I miss when I start up some Grand Theft Auto game. Really hope they will include it in V. But, as someone already has been writing; the game will be very big. Can the consoles have the split screen function in a game that big? I hope so thought. Would even be fine with a better online feature.

splitscreen GTA would probably be even worse online then offline. the console would have to work way harder (i think) and ur connection would probasbly fail due to all the simultaneous mayhem

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:31 PM

I think it would be f*cking awesome, but I really don't think either console (PS3 or 360) could handle that. I would assume that it would be 2 times as CPU intensive as singleplayer, and we all know how GTA:IV suffered from FPS drops at certain points, and that was only with one player.

therif
  • therif

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 17:19)
QUOTE (therif @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 17:15)

splitscreen GTA would probably be even worse online then offline. the console would have to work way harder (i think) and ur connection would probasbly fail due to all the simultaneous mayhem

Well, I don't want an split screen feature in the online mode. I wan't an splic screen feature in single player, and an better online feature when you feels like kick some other players ass.

BaldadigeAnton
  • BaldadigeAnton

Scientia potentia est

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

Yeah the splitscreen for two players offline was cool in San Andreas. And the ability of a second player joining a minigame was awesome too. I have played the pool minigame with a friend many times, would be cool if they bring that back. But I don't know if the consoles can handle it and there is really 10% chance that Rockstar is giving this any attention. So don't be disappointed when you can't play the two player split screen.

Only_Telling_Tha_Truth
  • Only_Telling_Tha_Truth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 13:04)

Theu can do split screen with all the people working at Rockstar Games they can achieve alot things. It just sounds like they are just being lazy.( Not trying to be mean ) Its to many gamers on this earth to not have splitscreen. Everyone can't just go out and buy another game console because their kids are fighting over who gwts to play GTA first. Like whats the point in buying 2 controllers if your only going to use one. Kids these days are getting grounded over one player games stopping them from being able to get the next game out like GTA 5.

CHANGE THE WORLD GTA [QUOTE]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users