» «
Photo

Zombies in GTA V ?

38 replies to this topic
EvilEmperorZoRG
  • EvilEmperorZoRG

Central Macedonia-Thessaloniki/Greece

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:32 PM Edited by EvilEmperorZoRG, 06 November 2011 - 03:04 PM.

Sorry if it's already posted. I searched and I didn't see anything.
Anyway, after spenting some time in the subway in GTA IV i realised how fun it can be if we ever had a Zombie DLC.
You know both as smal SP game just for fun and for online. Hidding in houses, running over them with a car while they break the windows trying to eat you. But I'm talking about hundreds of zombies trying to break your car biggrin.gif Damn fun to the top !
What you guys think ?

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

put this in the wish list topic.

death783
  • death783

Director Of Photography Rockstar Games

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (EvilEmperorZoRG @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 14:32)
...running over them with a car while they break the windows trying to eat you. But I'm talking about hundreds of zombies trying to break your car biggrin.gif Damn fun to the top !
What you guys think ?

I do that to peds. smile.gif
I think zombies are about as overused as lens flare these days,

EvilEmperorZoRG
  • EvilEmperorZoRG

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (death783 @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 14:35)
...running over them with a car while they break the windows trying to eat you. But I'm talking about hundreds of zombies trying to break your car  biggrin.gif Damn fun to the top !
What you guys think ?

It can be at least a MP mode wink.gif
I think Rockstar already did something like that in RDR.

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

You're probably going to get hated on for starting the 100th zombie topic but I still think it would be fun. Either as a DLC or a cheat code (hoping for a cheat code myself).

Call of Duty or RDR haven't done zombies justice in a modern city with surrounding country side like watching Dawn of the Dead or the new Walking Dead show on tv. In a GTA map it could be epic and very fun, and very optional for the zombie haters.

I hope it happens.

xUSMC SSGTx
  • xUSMC SSGTx

United States Marine Treadhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:42 PM Edited by xUSMC SSGTx, 06 November 2011 - 02:50 PM.

I completely agree. A zombie mode would be amazing. They could have the highways jammed with abandoned cars from people trying to evacuate, buildings on fire, total chaos like in the show "The Walking Dead". A simple zombie "cheat" wouldn't be enough. We need the city to look like a Z/PAW (no power ect.).

EvilEmperorZoRG
  • EvilEmperorZoRG

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Ispintechno @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 14:40)
You're probably going to get hated on for starting the 100th zombie topic but I still think it would be fun. Either as a DLC or a cheat code (hoping for a cheat code myself).

Call of Duty or RDR haven't done zombies justice in a modern city with surrounding country side like watching Dawn of the Dead or the new Walking Dead show on tv. In a GTA map it could be epic and very fun, and very optional for the zombie haters.

I hope it happens.

That's what I'm talking about. We never actually played a GTA kind game where you can take a car or a tank and kill zombies with it then go hide into a museum or the subway and all that great stuff.
I have a feeling Rockstar will do it wink.gif They will add zombie one way or another !
And of course remember the ending of GTA SA when riots happened in LS ? This is how the city must look like and how the people should behave if there's a mode or a DLC with zombies.

PHCharls
  • PHCharls

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

This reminds me of Resident Evil tounge2.gif

death783
  • death783

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

I'd imagine it kinda like riot mode (with cheat) in San Andreas

GTAV2011
  • GTAV2011

GTAV...2013

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Just get Dead Island, you have a full island of zombies. Would not feel right in GTA, and would ruin Rockstar's reputation since it has already been done a thousand and one times...

mickawes
  • mickawes

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Would be a great DLC wink.gif

Come on guy, GTA is not about zombies.

So yeah, would be great......... as another game. Not GTA.....

EvilEmperorZoRG
  • EvilEmperorZoRG

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (mickawes @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 14:47)
Would be a great DLC wink.gif

Come on guy, GTA is not about zombies.

So yeah, would be great......... as another game. Not GTA.....

A Multiplayer mode maybe ? That can be done without ruinning the GTA image wink.gif

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

No way.

Fed up with Zombie games now, in 2009 they were original and 'out there' now they suck.

Eternal Moonshine
  • Eternal Moonshine

Thug

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:50 PM Edited by Eternal Moonshine, 06 November 2011 - 02:54 PM.

It would be cool to have zombies, but it would be even more cool to have a bigfoot. I know that R* put it in RDR, but it all started in SA and that's where it should end

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (death783 @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 10:35)
...running over them with a car while they break the windows trying to eat you. But I'm talking about hundreds of zombies trying to break your car  biggrin.gif Damn fun to the top !
What you guys think ?

I chortled at that.

I think zombies are overused. If you want a 'modern' day zombie game, go play Resident Evil or Dead Rising. The mode is extremely tacky nowadays.

EvilEmperorZoRG
  • EvilEmperorZoRG

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Coral_City @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 14:52)
QUOTE (death783 @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 10:35)
What you guys think ?

I chortled at that.

I think zombies are overused. If you want a 'modern' day zombie game, go play Resident Evil or Dead Rising. The mode is extremely tacky nowadays.

C'mon man, what do you have to loose if it's a mode ? If you don't like it, go for DM, TMD or anything else.
Just a MP mode won't hurt anyone wink.gif

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:54 PM Edited by Ispintechno, 06 November 2011 - 03:00 PM.

Maybe next Halloween (Oct.31, 2012) R* will release "GTA: UnDead" as a DLC for $9.99.

I for one would be up all night playing it lol. Sorry kiddies, lights out, no candy for you! (It will be worth cleaning egg off my house)

For clarity, COD you are stuck in a building fighting off hoards of zombies tacking up window boards and magic ammo crates keep appearing until it gets so out of control it's impossible to go further.
RDR zombie, looks good but it's in the wild west and to be honest, I got board with RDR before even playing it's zombie mode.
Resident evil is part zombie, part something else and it's not a sandbox game.

Nothing made to date would have the same experience.
So yeah, if R* makes an independant zombie game like GTA in modern times that would be cool, but they could save them self 4 years and just do a GTA DLC with everything in place.
The haters could just ignore it.

thebestgameever
  • thebestgameever

Playa

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

People say zombies are overused but i dont think Zombie are done properly as often as they should.

Name me a game that has large open world map ( with large cities), lots of vehicles, weapons, varied environment and a good story mode?

SURE Dead island is one of those but that is a FPS.

EvilEmperorZoRG
  • EvilEmperorZoRG

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Ispintechno @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 14:54)
Maybe next Halloween (Oct.31, 2012) R* will release "GTA: UnDead" as a DLC for $9.99.

I for one would be up all night playing it lol. Sorry kiddies, lights out, no candy for you! (It will be worth cleaning egg off my house)

For clarity, COD you are stuck in a building fighting off hoards of zombies tacking up window boards and magic ammo crates keep appearing until it gets so out of control it's impossible to go further.
RDR zombie, looks good but it's in the wild west and to be honest, I got board with RDR before even playing it's zombie mode.
Resident evil is part zombie, part something else and it's not a sandbox game.

Nothing made to date would have the same experience.
So yeah, if R* makes an independant zombie game like GTA in modern times that would be cool, but they could save them self 4 years and just do a GTA DLC with everything in place.
The haters could just ignore it.

This !

And please don't mention L4D. I had fun with it from time to time with my friends but as said above, a sandbox game like GTA will be a hell of an awesome experience.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (thebestgameever @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 15:00)
People say zombies are overused but i dont think Zombie are done properly as often as they should.

Name me a game that has large open world map ( with large cities), lots of vehicles, weapons, varied environment and a good story mode?

SURE Dead island is one of those but that is a FPS.

Exactly, it's a FPS.
That's what sucked with Left 4 Dead aswell.

I would love a Zombie Game in an open world environment with real missions, not just going around in circles in some hotel room or a mall trying to find a way to get out onto the street to go the hospital whilst avoiding car alarms incase a witch eats your balls.

It would be excellent if someone, even Rockstar could tap into this at some stage - because I find Zombie Apocalypses very interesting, but I don't think GTA would be the right place to do this at all really.

death783
  • death783

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

If it turns out that GTA V dose include San Fierro then what about the Zombotech Labs?

Alexhero12
  • Alexhero12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:36 PM

The volume from GTA fans about a wanted zombie mode isn't ignored by R* i'm sure. There won't be a zombie mode in the real game but maybe a downloadable pack would be in order.

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

WIP-Modder.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

I hate it when people say "Oh just get Dead Rising/Dead Island" or whatever game, because that's not good enough and it's not what we're after.
We are not wanting games like those... we want a GTA styled Zombie game, you know with free roam, GTA style weapons and AI, everything GTA, not games completely different to GTA. But I'd much prefer a Zombie free roam in Multiplayer than a single player story.

BTNH
  • BTNH

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:54 PM

Im bored of sh*tty zombie games

jaky2008
  • jaky2008

WIP-Modder.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (BTNH @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 15:54)
Im bored of sh*tty zombie games

What a real response, please put a bit more thought into it...
Maybe something like: I'm bored with zombie games as they are all too similar or they are overhyped.

Ispintechno
  • Ispintechno

Dodo Pilot

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (jaky2008 @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 15:49)
I hate it when people say "Oh just get Dead Rising/Dead Island" or whatever game, because that's not good enough and it's not what we're after.
We are not wanting games like those... we want a GTA styled Zombie game, you know with free roam, GTA style weapons and AI, everything GTA, not games completely different to GTA. But I'd much prefer a Zombie free roam in Multiplayer than a single player story.

Agreed.

Why do we need GTAV? Go play GTA4 or 3.

The reason is obvious, there are major improvements to be made across the board. There isn't a perfect zombie game out there. So playing something that kind of sucks isn't a helpful solution.

Apparently R*'s RDR zombie mode is actually the best... so R* can make the best zombie DLC... and zombie stories take place in the present... not a lot to think about there. Don't make me call in Captain Obvious to the rescue. I'm guessing the next 1-2 years we'll see a zombie mode for this game at some point. Not worth fighting over, it will happen.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:04 PM Edited by meson1, 06 November 2011 - 04:07 PM.

Sorry if it's already posted. I searched and I didn't see anything.

Did you? I don't believe you. This is what I found when I searched for "zombies" in topic titles only in the GTA V forum:And on topic. Zombies? Just no.

EmPty CaSInGz
  • EmPty CaSInGz

Droog.

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

As a DLC, then yeah. Either that or a multiplayer mode like people said before. Running from zombies in the Los Santos hills and in the streets just sounds... epic biggrin.gif

Marlowe.
  • Marlowe.

I Still Jerk-off Manually

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

I really don't see how a "zombie mode" fits into the GTA mould. Suddenly it's a survival horror game? With Undead Nightmare, we're talking small towns, nothing major. With GTA V, turning Los Santos into a zombie apocalypse would be too much hassle.
I also think zombies are becoming too cliché. I'm sure R* can think of something better to spend their time on.

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

No, just no. Zombies are awful in COD, they're awful in zombie games, so no. To be fair, I didn't actually mind the RDR game, but still, I don't want to see zombies in GTA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users