XL Trainer (open source)

9 replies to this topic
ltaltee
  • ltaltee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:59 AM

http://www.gta4-mods...n-source-f11056

I published the XL Trainer as full open source as I don't understand the philosophy and logic behind closed source. Primarily it was meant to be a private tool for the XL clan to protect and fight back against evil modders, but it expanded from that. I did a lot of first-hand research and just guessing how things might work when I started. I had to figure out the gta and the scripthook system from scratch, so the code will certainly be original. Accordingly, all the mistakes and deficiencies are purely my own fault. Of course the source code is provided "as is", for more details see the file XL-License.txt.

user posted image

In some sense this is an "Evil Mod 2", but it contains some "fun" features too. Naturally the license of this trainer forbids any use for bullying others.

Thanks to Viber XL and Pwner XL for all the help in testing and giving some ideas, but most importantly, for their friendship.

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

interesting! 120% agree on the open-sourcing POV

DrDean
  • DrDean

My custom member title is here.

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:43 AM

Am I dumb or something? I don't see anything within the .ZIP other than two text files.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:39 AM

Yep, I also agree with making it open-source. I recently made it a point to release at least some of my modifications in the public domain, source files included. Why? Because they're going to steal and redistribute them anyway. So why not make it PD?

ltaltee
  • ltaltee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:13 PM Edited by ltaltee, 30 April 2012 - 01:07 PM.

asf

SNAKE DOC
  • SNAKE DOC

\o/

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (ltaltee @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 18:13)
QUOTE (DrDean @ Wednesday, Nov 9 2011, 03:43)
Am I dumb or something? I don't see anything within the .ZIP other than two text files.

All i got was messages "it doesn't work", "it deleted my save games". I get it to work very easily, never deleted saves of me or my friends. Negative feedback like this so i thought i'll take it down and maybe investigate. Maybe people just didn't read the readme. Some were for example downloading the anttweakbar development libraries just to get the compiled trainer working, which of course is not what it says in the readme. I'll put it back up later maybe.

Please do. These kinda trainers are needed (and have been since day 1) to combat all the evil-modding griefers and such! Great work, hope to see it online again soon.

ltaltee
  • ltaltee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

http://www.gtagaming...ript-mods/13892

Che Z Snax
  • Che Z Snax

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

I can't seem to get this to work for nothing.

GTA version: 1.0.7.0
I also have SNT installed.

Ihai
  • Ihai

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Download link doesn't work for me sad.gif .

vahnx
  • vahnx

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Is there a .ini where you can configure hotkeys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users