Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

I need Sydney friends. Any takers?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

So Kevin Rudd's Facebook page thing has put this out. I was voting Labor anyway, but this is a big thing, If I were a liberal before this would probably cross me over.

user posted image

Here is the petition, sign it, it's set up by labor and it will make a difference.

Its time. Show your support: http://www.itstimefo...geequality.org/

And here's the Facebook link
http://www.facebook....&type=1

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

f*cking brilliant, just brilliant.

I used to not really like Rudd as a polly but I've always thought he was a pretty cool guy, the last question in the PM debate confirmed that.

Thank you Kevin. smile.gif

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 19:55)

Anyone? sad.gif

But seriously... since I moved here I haven't gone out enough to make new friends and really wish I had. My only friends are from back in Newcastle where I never go anymore. Be cool to meet up with some other GTA fans

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 21:27)

Anyone? sad.gif

But seriously... since I moved here I haven't gone out enough to make new friends and really wish I had. My only friends are from back in Newcastle where I never go anymore. Be cool to meet up with some other GTA fans

No, sorry.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 22:27)

Anyone? sad.gif

Look, I might If I lived in Sydney, but honestly I am very apprehensive to meeting people from the internet.

Surely you have mutual friends that live there, go out clubbing with them, add some people, then go clubbing with the people you added, works a charm.

thatguy23
  • thatguy23

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 11:27)

Anyone? sad.gif

Walk around town, "accidentally" bump in to someone you think is friendly. Say hello, ask how they are, what's there name, etc. BOOM new friend (not that I have any).

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (thatguy23 @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 23:02)

Anyone? sad.gif

Walk around town, "accidentally" bump in to someone you think is friendly. Say hello, ask how they are, what's there name, etc. BOOM new friend (not that I have any).

That sounds like something from a Julia Roberts romantic comedy movie. lol.gif
  • F4L? likes this

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:28 PM Edited by finn4life, 12 August 2013 - 12:54 PM.

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 23:21)
QUOTE (thatguy23 @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 23:02)

Anyone? sad.gif

That's what I was thinking haha!
Only I couldn't remember which actor it was.

Meanwhile, in Western Australia.
user posted image

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:10 PM Edited by finn4life, 15 October 2013 - 10:13 PM.

Breaking news

Australia is cracking down on Bikie gangs big time with mandatory 15 year sentences for any Bikie related crime! This comes just a week after the police went on a Bikie Blitz raiding Jail cells, Homes, pubs and clubs and various other bikie hang outs.

It is called the Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Bill and it forms the basis of Queensland’s bikie blitz.

It aims to break the spirit of criminal motorcycle gangs. Identified gang members who are found guilty of a crime will receive a sentence for that offence and then will "receive a further 15 years mandatory imprisonment cumulative to any imprisonment imposed for the declared offence and further 10 years [mandatory] cumulative imprisonment if they are an office bearer".

That means identified criminal gang members will receive at least 15 years imprisonment for crimes related to their gang membership. Sergeant-at-Arms and the like will receive at least 25 years.

However there is an out for bikies receiving the mandatory additional sentence - turn informer.

Gang members who turn supergrass will be able to have their additional sentence cut or abolished.

Read more: http://www.brisbanet...l#ixzz2hpVxSGwK

THEY are not even safe in jail. In the first-ever national day of action against bikie gangs on Saturday, police around the country raided bikies at home, in their clubhouses, at their favourite pubs and even in their prison cells.

Weapons, drugs and contraband were seized and 57 people were arrested during the Operation Patch blitz including the Bandidos Gold Coast president Adam White, a Hells Angels bikie at Nerang and the Rebels president in Mt Isa.
http://www.brisbanet...1015-2vjy8.html

What do you think of this? I think it's great and that this is a great way to combat organized crime, just go on crazy raids and introduce tough laws, theycan make a lot of headway quite quickly, then perhaps they can slack off for a while and then rinse and repeat as necessary when Bikie Gang membersbecome complacent again.
Related to bikies I heard the best story ever, two weeks ago my brother in law came to a party all flustered and was dying to tell me this story, I wouldn't believe it if anyone else had told me, but the way he kinda came over, he looked like a little schoolboy about to pee his pants. He was saying that on the way to the party he saw this bikie riding his Harley as per usual, my brother-in-law was behind him, they pulled up at the lights, he then saw the bikie guy looking over to his left at this Rugby tour bus, this mini bus full of Rugby players were drunk as hell, maybe a Mad Monday kind of thing, and they were screaming things out at this bikie, so, when the lights change this bikie rides over to the bus as it drives away, parks in front of it so it can't go anywhere, leaves his helmet on and all his protective gear, then gets off his bikie, and walks over to the minibus, he then gets on to the bus, grabs a guy, hits him in the face ike three times, pummels the sh*t out of him and then proceeds to move on to the next guy and gets caught up in an all out brawl on this mini bus. My brother-in-law drove away thogu because he had my 4 year old niece with him, she said she saw the Bikie and the "Silly boys on the bus" so perhaps it's true. If he made it up for a good story, well It was still a great listen at the time, and I think it'd make a great scene in a movie.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:09 AM Edited by mr_ed, 16 October 2013 - 03:17 AM.

If you are referring to Fosters please GTFO. I don't know anyone in Australia who drinks it and I've only seen it on tap at one pub, and now that pub doesn't even serve it.

I've found Fosters really isn't that bad from the tap in the UK. It isn't the best tasting beer in the world but it isn't as bad as most make it out to be, you honestly get what you pay for here. Honestly I reckon half the people who pay out on it have never had a drip of it.

Perth does have quite a top notch selection of craft beers though (Feral White and smoked porter being my favourite from Feral Brewery) but honestly put me in a chair in the sun and there's not many beers I'd turn down.

Will be Germany on Thursday though, can't wait to try out some of what they have to offer.

Edit -managed to quote wrong post somehow

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

These bush fires in NSW are intense. I'm only a few kms from the one near Newcastle.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

Yeah, today the clouds were tinted orange and the sun and moon were blood red, shining through the clouds. It was intense. Reminds me of that sand storm we had a few years ago when entire sky was totally red and everything was coated with red dust.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 23:21) QUOTE (thatguy23 @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 23:02) QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 11:27) QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 19:55) I need Sydney friends. Any takers?
Anyone? sad.gif

999442_10151805453835909_1291393801_n.jp

Where is this? Being a West Australian myself I wouldn't mind visiting here with a couple of mates

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

These bush fires in NSW are intense. I'm only a few kms from the one near Newcastle.

Heatherbrea fire is insane, through what I've seen on facebook a kid I went to school with named Tony Welsh did it.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 23:21) QUOTE (thatguy23 @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 23:02) QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 11:27) QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 19:55) I need Sydney friends. Any takers?
Anyone? sad.gif

999442_10151805453835909_1291393801_n.jp

Where is this? Being a West Australian myself I wouldn't mind visiting here with a couple of mates

Looks like Karijini National Park up in the Pilbara. Used to work a couple of hours from there.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

I'm going to Newcastle today, there isn't too much traffic because of fire is there?

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

Happy Australia Day c*nts! 

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

Nigerian Prince

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

Happy austrailia day from your South African cousin,
Lil jacob

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

7e69d162eb0d7f993395eb2d5ebf0918.png

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

7e69d162eb0d7f993395eb2d5ebf0918.png

Do any of you Aussies actually drink that?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:38 PM Edited by GunWrath, 26 January 2014 - 08:12 PM.

Quite a majority do .. I've been to Australia 2x in my life and I've always bought Foster's and drank it with them. I have noticed that UK folk tend to drink it more than them though.. atleast from my observations.

• Vlynor likes this

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:11 PM Edited by DMC14, 26 January 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Cl39Y.png looks like the footrot flats dog. its a kiwi thing.

and i dont know of anywhere that is not a tourist place that sells fosters and i've never seen another aussie drink it.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

No Australian drinks Fosters and they regard it as a bit of a joke.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:19 PM

Don't see where you dudes get your facts from.. but during my visits.. just about 90% of the places I was in .. they were drinking Foster's. I must admit, Foster's is a decent beer but perhaps they've marketed it so much worldwide that Aussies don't have too much pride in it anymore. Who knows.. but they drank it like water while I was there.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

You have to be trolling with that comment.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

I have to get this framed.

• theadmiral likes this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

A classic:

Miss Australia, still wish we never moved. Hope you guys had a great Australia Day.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

Why would you consider that trolling?

As I've stated before, I've vacationed in Australia twice.. and any bar I went to, they were drinking Foster's or liquor. That was actually the first time myself that I've ever tried Foster's and I quite enjoyed it. It's hard to find here in my area.. or else I'd buy it as a steady beer.. but it's far and inbetween here.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

I'm just having a hard time seeing how anyone who has been to Australia would say that 90 percent of the people drinking there drink Fosters. They brew it in Britain these days, they stopped marketing it in Australia more or less way back in 2000, and anyone who lives there or has been there knows that it is a bit of a joke made to be marketed overseas.

I'm not an Aussie , but I've been, and from my experience Fosters is nearly non existent in most pubs. You are much more likely to find XXXX , VB or even Carlton and most Australians regard Fosters as about as Australian as the Outback Steakhouse.

But we should wait for some actual Australians to comment. One already did and told you that it is only for tourists.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users