The Australian

748 replies to this topic
F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 19:59)
[color=lime]We're with Optus and they're pretty decent.
Cheap too.
Up until mid-2012 we were on only 8gb/month. We got sick of the tiny amount (that we were always going over) and rang 'em up.
We now get 200gb for 10$ less per month than the 8gb plan.

I've heard a lot of good things about Telstra, as far as I know they're the best for online gaming. Lots of gb's for little $'s + it is Telstra that owns all the cabling (other providers rent it off Tesltra).
Most of my friends are with Telstra and, as I said, apparently it is great for online gaming, so if that's your priority then they're probably your best option.
[color]

Optus is decent, however their customer service is the pitts, if you have issues there is a 99% chance you are going to talk to people working off-shore who don't know what they are talking about, you will be on hold for a very very long time and often your issue doesn't even get resolved, they occasionally f*ck up billing and fixing it is a huge hassle.

Telstra is definitely the best in terms of Ping, speed and customer service is excellent, my net went down once, I called them and they deducted each day it was out (2 days) off the bill, and offered to compensate for the phone call but it was free anyway, they sent a technician out only 1 day after the call and organising it took 5-10 minutes, they also sent me a text message and called me as soon as it had been fixed.

Telstra's plans are as follows for regular adsl2+ broadband and Fiber Optic (If you live in Melbourne you might be able to get fiber optic broadband)

$49.95 - 50GB
$69.95 - 200GB
$89.95 - 500GB

I have the 200GB deal, more than enough.

Optus
$75 - 120GB
$85 - 300GB
$100 - 500GB

Telstra is actually cheaper according to both of their official websites which is odd.

Also if you have a smartphone and browse the internet often, DO NOT go with Optus, their mobile internet speeds suck ass and coverage outside the cities isn't that great, go with Telstra for sure.

Unfortunately internet you get here will not even be close to South Korea at all, way more expensive, way crappier, sorry dude. Telstra is your best bet though.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

I was looking at TPG until I read enough angry reviews of it, and am considering the optus 120gb per month thing. Still seems expensive but it's better than paying less and being continually frustrated with 'congested exchanges'.

The only way I could watch telly in seoul was d/ling torrents -- that seems like less of an option with usage caps, but then, with the digital free-to-air channels now, there's a bit more choice.
I know torrenting is terribly illegal and I'm sure _no one_ on GTAF does it, but do you know of anyone here who's got a scary email from an isp or whatever warning about downloading copyrighted content?

thanks for the replies dudes. smile.gif

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

you guys seen this? do you think the cop was being a homophobic douche or do you you think the teenager started it? I personally think they went way to far, but I reckon there was some story behind the video.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:40 AM Edited by finn4life, 06 March 2013 - 10:43 AM.

Iwas looking at TPG until I read enough angry reviews of it, and am considering the optus 120gb per month thing. Still seems expensive but it's better than paying less and being continually frustrated with 'congested exchanges'.

Get the Telstra 200gb, it's cheaper than Optus, and Better.

EDIT: @Above, yeah I saw it earlier, the guy kicked the cop and was resisting arrest and was obviously completely off-his chops, he was probably being violent before that.

Cops did nothing wrong.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 18:36)
[youtube]wxtFtVfAeeE[youtube]
you guys seen this? do you think the cop was being a homophobic douche or do you you think the teenager started it? I personally think they went way to far, but I reckon there was some story behind the video.

I haven't bothered to read or listen to any news sources (because the majority are biased c*nts) but what was the reason behind it?

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 10:49)
QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 18:36)
[youtube]wxtFtVfAeeE[youtube]

I haven't bothered to read or listen to any news sources (because the majority are biased c*nts) but what was the reason behind it?

Apparently, the teenager started attacking him (punching and kicking)

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Cops have to put up with dickheads like this guy all day everyday. It's only news now cause of the dumb bimbo giving her "OMG theres a blood all over the ground" (yeah, a tiny smear from one of his popped zits) commentary and then posting it to the media.
She should have been dropped too, and both had their asses kicked in.

I don't f*ck with people, I behave like a decent person and try to take care of others where required. So I'm not at risk of cops having to drop me to the ground for acting like a dickhead and then not complying with their order.

Kid resisted arrest, punched/kicked/spat at cops, tried to claim innocence, then arked up again before getting thrown down. But everyone's just ignoring that and claiming 'omg police brutality!' because they're watching the altered video.
This is the unedited.

You want to know a great way to not get the sh*t kicked out of you by the police? Don't f*cking resist arrest, don't f*cking struggle, don't have a drunk chick screaming barely intelligible insults at them, don't try and reason with them if they are angry, don't try and bargain with them.
If you get arrested by an asshole policeman, be polite, cordial, and let him arrest you. If you have done nothing wrong, you'll be fine once there are other police around (like at the station).

I'm all for asserting your rights, but there are ways to do it smartly, and ways that make you retarded. Filming a cop is fine. Shoving a camera directly in a cops face and beligerantly shouting at him "M-M-MUH RIGHTS!" is not fine.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Fights the cops and cries when he gets beaten up? What a baby.

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

Still a c*nt move from the cop.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (methods @ Thursday, Mar 7 2013, 08:21)
Still a c*nt move from the cop.

Not really, Maybe slightly but think about this.
The video went for several minutes and obviously there was some back-story to it as well, the police were operating in a hostile environment, that guy with the camera was just shining it right at the cops the whole time while people yelled things and the guy is trying to make them look bad, at the same time people get rushing in on them.

Now this kid kicked, punched and spat before the actual video begins and then he is just resisting arrest, the police gave him a simple directive and he refused to follow with lot's of prodding and encouragement, he kept trying to kick, sitting down, walking the wrong way, and ignoring directions, the police were using more and more force to try move him but he was not responding so eventually he chucked him onto the ground, which is fair enough I think, if someone continually resists arrest, how can you get them to comply with anything? You must keep using more force until they respond and that's what this copper did, sure it might have been harsh, but you weren't there and you weren't the cop, he might not have meant to use quite that much force, but that's how it happened, the kid was obviously drunk and on pills or something other than alcohol anyway so a solid shove could easily throw him off balance and make things look worse on the cop than they were.

The kid was being a drunken f*ckwit not listening to ANYTHING the police said in a hostile environment full of people, the cops can't just keep wasting their time on this kid when there are fights breaking out and people getting hurt, they need to get him locked away and get on with business.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

Damn, it feels good to be a Liberal today.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

Abbott's going to be laughing but the whole thing was a bit of a farce. What happened to Creany?

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Thursday, Mar 21 2013, 13:39)
Damn, it feels good to be a Liberal today.

Damn straight mah nigga. But honestly couldn't believe she got re-elected. I heard at about midday while I was at school that she was probably about to be booted out, but came home to disappointment when I discovered she somehow managed to win them over.

Chorup
  • Chorup

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Absolute debacle. Actually found myself watching sky news pretty much all day from the moment Crean spoke out. Very interesting set of circumstances but a real shame for the Labor party. Hopefully all this nonsense is buried and forgotten.

This years election doesn't look good for Labor. Political commentators are predicting a potential landslide and subsequent wipeout of the government. Good luck to Abbott though, with his kind of incompetence I expect Labor to form government after a single liberal term. Although I'd never vote for the Liberals, Malcolm Turnbull would be my pick.

Probably a good time to vote for an alternative party. Would seriously consider the Greens at this stage lol.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:43 PM Edited by finn4life, 21 March 2013 - 12:54 PM.

Malcolm Turnbull? Pfft, what's wrong with Joe Hockey? Haha the guy is a big pudgy loveable thing of a politician!

Seriously though he doesn't have his facts quite straight, Better than some politicians I suppose though.

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

My god our government is so incompetent and f*cked up. I cant imagine things being any better with that smug c*nt Abbott in power. Voting for the greens is like throwing your vote in the rubbish, if only there was a serious alternative.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Abbott's a bit of a schmuck. I really like Turnbull since, unlike Abbott who sometimes drops bombs suggesting that he lives in the 1950s, he actually is one of the few legitimately honest politicians (whether Labor, Liberal or Greens) who isn't afraid to go against the party line to explain his agenda, and, despite being inherently conservative, is not retarded and backward-looking. If he beat Abbott in the leadership ballot a few years back, then the Libs would've won in 2010.

My vote is almost a waste since I live in Mark Dreyfus' electorate, one of the safest Labor seats in the country lol. I could vote for the Communist Party (if they had one) and it would have the exact same effect as if I voted for the Libs.

QUOTE (OnePiece)
if only there was a serious alternative.

You could always vote for One Nation. tounge.gif

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 14:32)
Abbott's a bit of a schmuck. I really like Turnbull since, unlike Abbott who sometimes drops bombs suggesting that he lives in the 1950s, he actually is one of the few legitimately honest politicians (whether Labor, Liberal or Greens) who isn't afraid to go against the party line to explain his agenda, and, despite being inherently conservative, is not retarded and backward-looking. If he beat Abbott in the leadership ballot a few years back, then the Libs would've won in 2010.

The party doesn't begin and end with the leader, though. Even if they had a moderate leader, they're still a bunch of anti-union... I'm sorry, "pro-commerce" Randian nutjobs. And then there's all that sh*t about "stopping the boats" which always makes me spew vomit all over my newspaper.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 15:02)
QUOTE (OnePiece)

Or if Ahn Doe (spelling) was a politician One Asian! lol.gif

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE (nightwalker83 @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 16:11)
QUOTE (OnePiece)

Nice joke. Can I not go a day without being smacked with the cultural cringe?

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 17:17)
QUOTE (OnePiece)

I don't see what the cringe is for? Relax, take a joke.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 16:58)
QUOTE (OnePiece)

heh? http://en.wikipedia....ringe#Australia

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 16:47)
QUOTE (OnePiece)

It wasn't my joke but one Ahn said himself.

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

I can't take Abbott seriously nor the whole Labor party, may as well vote for the Sex Party or the Gunners and Fishers party .

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 18:11)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 16:58)
QUOTE (OnePiece)

heh? http://en.wikipedia....ringe#Australia

I know what the cringe is, but Ahn made the joke so I don't really see what the cringe was for.

Hannibal Barca
  • Hannibal Barca

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'm hoping that an enormous sink hole takes out Canberra so we can start afresh. Gunning will be the new capital.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal Barca @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 07:19)
I'm hoping that an enormous sink hole takes out Canberra so we can start afresh. Gunning will be the new capital.

Screw Gunning, I nominate Tittybong, Victoria! lol.gif

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

Born and raised in Canberra and I agree 100% This place is sad pathetic excuse for a capital city. Anyone halfway talented or interesting leaves this place leaving nothing but boring people and bogans.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Thursday, Apr 4 2013, 10:03)

Born and raised in Canberra and I agree 100% This place is sad pathetic excuse for a capital city. Anyone halfway talented or interesting leaves this place leaving nothing but boring people and bogans.

I went to Canberra in 2005 (?) for the Australian Rally Championship and it was very good, better than Sydney, Queensland and Adelaide's in that year.

But other than that, yeah, the only reason I'd ever go there is for dem fireworks.

Hannibal Barca
  • Hannibal Barca

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:13 AM

I should add that my desire for the sink hole approach is not only due to the uselessness of all the politicians at the moment, it is also because Woden is where my department's "brains trust" is located, and they are pretty much as useless as the proverbial.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users