The Australian

717 replies to this topic
F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (Chorup @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 12:47)

Honestly though, it's not that hard to type while drunk. I think people do it just to show others that they are drunk, basically seeking attention.

I wasn't seeking attention and even if I was, what is wrong with that? Attention is a basic human need.

Normally when I drink my typing is fine, I was not typing though, I was posting from my phone from outside of the pub, If i was on my computer there would be no issue at all, but from my phone with that little screen it does become an issue, usually I leave my phone at home when I go out rather than tempting fate to lose it.

Whatever I wrote there was bragging i'll admit that much and I look like a gay c*nt, but I was not deliberately f*cking up my text, only a moron would do that or If i was maybe 4 years younger, feel free to go through my entire post history and find one example of that, I was just really tired and drunk, a combination which makes for retarded sentences.

But having said this, I don't recall typing that post out now, it was like 3 days ago and my memory fails me, I do remember my phone was just about dead though because I made a phone call either right before or right after that, so maybe I rushed it out without fixing obvious errors, my state of mind right now tells me that I wouldn't do such a thing, I take pride in my posts to make sure My grammar and spelling is good, even if it can be painstaking.
Here is perhaps some proof that it was due to the phone, which I make errors on even when not drinking, this quote below is before I went to the pub, but had still been drinking, posting from the computer, a non issue and I was actually detesting the whole "Yeah get pissed Straya' Day sh*t."

Saw a few "mates" at the pub and they said those exact words, we left, f*cking gay c*nts.

At a mates place now listening to hip hop and drinking hennessy haha, black as.

But whatever, too much effort into explaining something I don't really remember well and doesn't really matter in the slightest to someone who is only trying to make me 'MAD BRO".

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 17:24)
I only realized it was Australia Day by reading this thread.

It was also India Independence Day.

Chorup
  • Chorup

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 07:22)
QUOTE (Chorup @ Monday, Jan 28 2013, 12:47)

Honestly though, it's not that hard to type while drunk. I think people do it just to show others that they are drunk, basically seeking attention.

I wasn't seeking attention and even if I was, what is wrong with that? Attention is a basic human need.

Normally when I drink my typing is fine, I was not typing though, I was posting from my phone from outside of the pub, If i was on my computer there would be no issue at all, but from my phone with that little screen it does become an issue, usually I leave my phone at home when I go out rather than tempting fate to lose it.

Whatever I wrote there was bragging i'll admit that much and I look like a gay c*nt, but I was not deliberately f*cking up my text, only a moron would do that or If i was maybe 4 years younger, feel free to go through my entire post history and find one example of that, I was just really tired and drunk, a combination which makes for retarded sentences.

But having said this, I don't recall typing that post out now, it was like 3 days ago and my memory fails me, I do remember my phone was just about dead though because I made a phone call either right before or right after that, so maybe I rushed it out without fixing obvious errors, my state of mind right now tells me that I wouldn't do such a thing, I take pride in my posts to make sure My grammar and spelling is good, even if it can be painstaking.
Here is perhaps some proof that it was due to the phone, which I make errors on even when not drinking, this quote below is before I went to the pub, but had still been drinking, posting from the computer, a non issue and I was actually detesting the whole "Yeah get pissed Straya' Day sh*t."

Saw a few "mates" at the pub and they said those exact words, we left, f*cking gay c*nts.

At a mates place now listening to hip hop and drinking hennessy haha, black as.

But whatever, too much effort into explaining something I don't really remember well and doesn't really matter in the slightest to someone who is only trying to make me 'MAD BRO".

Not trying to make you mad, just think it sounds pretty stupid and deliberate.

No need to explain yourself, I don't really care. I've said what I wanted to say. smile.gif

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

Anyone from Perth here? smile.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 00:27)
Anyone from Perth here? smile.gif

Piperka is. Not sure about anyone else. smile.gif

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

2 and a half hours South.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

user posted image
Has anyone seen this wall in Melbourne?

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 19:14)
Has anyone seen this wall in Melbourne?

Which wall?

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:08 AM

Damn that's awesome. Whereabouts is it?

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 17:08)

In Melbourne.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 20:12)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Thursday, Jan 31 2013, 17:08)

In Melbourne.

Hehe I figured that, do you know where specifically though?

street
moto_whistle.gif

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:21 AM Edited by thegtaman531, 31 January 2013 - 11:28 AM.

Im not quite sure. I saw it off a video, however we occasionally go to Melbourne to visit family and sometimes drive past it. I think it may be near the city, if I remember correctly.

Ari Gold
  • Ari Gold

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

I remember when San Andreas came out, there was a wall mural featuring Cesar (I'm pretty much sure it was this, though given that it was nearly a decade ago now mercie_blink.gif my mind is sketchy) next to a gaming store in Moorabbin, just off the Nepean Highway. I never actually inspected it, but you could clearly see it from the city-bound lanes of the Highway, for sure.

I'm gonna go replay San Andreas to 100% for, like, the 10th time. Haven't done it in a good couple of years, since I was at school, probably.

Also, Swedish House Mafia concert tomorrow. Hopefully Melbourne's bipolar weather has a rather sharp improvement in mood after tonight's theatrics.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Damn I wish I had have seen that, most of my life I've lived nearby Moorabin and used to frequently go there (especially around 2004) but I never saw it. sad.gif

And regarding the weather Stefche, last night was f*cked. I'd say it was 30*+ at about 1pm, we nicked down to Woolworths at Chelsea and in the 15 minutes we were out it started pissing down, some of the heaviest rain I've seen.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

Any of you Melbournians got any advice to offer on getting a job?

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

can I be a kangaroo and koala too?

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 15:21)

The f*ck are you talking about

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 15:21)
QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 15:21)

The f*ck are you talking about

I think he was trying to offend Australians with silly stereotypical references.

I think.

Melchior
  • Melchior

come on and tell me twice

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Yeah like we're so offended by references to our unique ecosystem... a joke about how we hunt aborigines and asylum seekers for sport would have struck a nerve tho.

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 06:30)
Yeah like we're so offended by references to our unique ecosystem... a joke about how we hunt aborigines and asylum seekers for sport would have struck a nerve tho.

Wait, what?

You guys used to hunt aborigines? mercie_blink.gif

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (Chunkyman @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 17:42)

Wait, what?

No

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 16:43)

Wait, what?

No

Well sort of.

We would put so much hunt them down to kill them, but it wasn't against the law whatsoever to kill an aboriginal man, woman or child when the settlers arrived. They were regarded even lower in the heirachy than animals. Soldiers of the British army would even occasionally get rewarded if they killed enough as it was classed as Ethnic Cleansing I believe.
smile.gif

Greenline
  • Greenline

Page 3 Girl

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (Chunkyman @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 01:42)

Wait, what?

Well, we used to as well.

is it too early to call myself American?

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

Wait, what?

user posted image

Chunkyman
  • Chunkyman

Foot Soldier

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Greenline @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 06:56)
is it too early to call myself American?

Well, we'll have a little test and see.

Have you declared that the South will/will not rise again?

Have you watched Nascar?

Have you use/been around a gun?

Have you made fun of Europeans?

Have you eaten a double cheeseburger?

Have you accused others of being a communist?

Have you either excessively complained about or praised FOX news?

Do you have a healthy distrust for people in funny hats?

If the answers to any of these questions is "no", then you can't truly call yourself an American yet. tounge.gif

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

The bit on the end about asylum seekers, not to mention the present tense, should have tipped you off that it was a joke. tounge.gif

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

You Americans should make a "The American" topic

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 18:14)
You Americans should make a "The American" topic

They could, but I would troll it to death and fill the air with toxic Euro-smug.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Hello australians, I am a fellow australian. I have been living overseas for 8 years but now I am back.
I was living in s.korea where internet is very cheap and very fast and always unlimited.
It's very different here.
I am trying to decide on what company to go with fro broadband/adsl. It looks like a real minefield.

- what provider do you use? Are they any good? Is it adequate for online gaming?

I am in Geelong.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

We're with Optus and they're pretty decent.
Cheap too.
Up until mid-2012 we were on only 8gb/month. We got sick of the tiny amount (that we were always going over) and rang 'em up.
We now get 200gb for 10$ less per month than the 8gb plan.

It's a decent speed too, we get an average of about 17mB/s (which is slow to some I suppose) but seems to be plenty for us.
Although I suppose that's not so much due to Optus' services as it's solid hardware.

I've heard a lot of good things about Telstra, as far as I know they're the best for online gaming. Lots of gb's for little $'s + it is Telstra that owns all the cabling (other providers rent it off Tesltra).
Most of my friends are with Telstra and, as I said, apparently it is great for online gaming, so if that's your priority then they're probably your best option.

As for who to avoid, Dodo. Avoid them at all costs. They're slow, they're expensive and they have sh*tty deals. We were with them yet as ago and they were terrible then, and apparently they've gotten much worse.

Hope this helps you out mate. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users