Photo

Black guy in trailer =

19 replies to this topic
Brawly
  • Brawly

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:33 AM

I was watching the trailer and the black guy running from the cops looks to me like Clay Simons from TLAD.

I think it is him as he looks like an older guy and he's got pretty much the same facial features as Clay. If there was a better view of his tattoos I bet there would be some Lost MC tats.

Clay probably moved to Los Santos because the Lost MC was disbanded.

http://gta.wikia.com/Clay_Simons

user posted image
user posted image

He was the quiet guy in the Lost and was really loyal to Johnny Klebitz, and this is an attribute that most GTA characters have.

Thoughts?

jackass2009
  • jackass2009

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:34 AM

They do look alike. Clay looks a bit bulkier, though.

Brawly
  • Brawly

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 03:34)

Yeah true but the character models always look slightly different just look at Luis Lopez and Johnny Klebitz in GTA IV then look at them in the DLC's they look more detailed and slightly different.

GTA_La_Costra_Nostra
  • GTA_La_Costra_Nostra

Playa

• Members

wow, that kinda does. Although the guy in the trailer looks to gangster to be him lol

FlexSlim
  • FlexSlim

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Nice find, although Clay has grey hair, the guy in the trailers hair doesn't look so grey...

Patchey
  • Patchey

Crackhead

• Members

QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 20:34)

...And older
I'm going to say it's not him though.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:37 AM

This is actually a pretty good theory. However, like all theories, there is a very good chance that this one is turns out to be false.

It's still a better theory than every black guy being CJ.

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:38 AM

They look very alike, but they're not the same person. Seriously, why is this guy being compared to several characters from previous games, when he's probably a completely new character?

Clay was a biker, who dressed like a biker and looked like a biker. This guy seems a lot more like a gangster type character, although maybe I'm just being slightly stereotypical by saying that.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:46 AM

They do look alike!

But I'm thinking either R* was just reusing Clay's model and altered it a little or it could be like his son or something. His face reminds me a lot of Clay, but he appears younger, so that's why I think if he's meant to have any relation to Clay, he could be a (possibly unknown) son. I'm not sure if Clay ever mentioned having any children, but I do remember him saying he was a big fan of the ladies on a number of occasions.

Interesting find nonetheless.

Brawly
  • Brawly

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (Goldey @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 03:36)
Nice find, although Clay has grey hair, the guy in the trailers hair doesn't look so grey...

Thanks, yeah the guy in the trailers hair looks shaved off I think Clay would look exactly like him if he shaved off the sides of his hair and goatee. But they both got the exact same hairline and facial features.

I was right about Jerry Kapowitz returning to V though (homeless guy with sign) , so i'm sure we'll see other characters from GTA IV return too.

Matty
  • Matty

• Australia

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:52 AM

I don't think it is him either, though at a glance both of these characters look the same, but looking closer (and as already said), Clay looks a lot older then the character from Grand Theft Auto V.

Another reason I don't think it is him is because of the fact that, with exception to the spin-off titles (GTA: Liberty City Stories, GTA: Vice City Stories, The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned), you never play as a character that featured as a character in the previous games of the series. Since Grand Theft Auto V isn't a spin-off title, I would expect the protagonist (protagonists if there are multiple protagonists in the game) to be a completely new character.

BigAsHell856
  • BigAsHell856

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

Look at it for a bit and it does look like him, really alot like him... Not sure if I will give a damn about Clay being in this game.. but hey maybe he left Liberty City after the "Lost and Damned".. and he want to S.A and the police are searching for him....

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

I don't think it's him. I'd love to see a Southern California chapter of The Lost MC, though. They could put it in a small town as a homage to Sons of Anarchy which obviously was an inspiration for The Lost and Damned.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:46 AM Edited by Mikey_Navaja, 06 November 2011 - 05:55 AM.

They sort of look alike but i highly doubt that its him. The dude running looks younger and his fashion sense doesn't quite match Clay's

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:15 AM

Huh it dose look a bit like him. But I don't think it is him, I don't see him dressing like that or anything, and he looks a bit diffrent though it can be assumed that V takes place in 2012 and IV/TLAD was in 2008 so that's 4 years so who knows.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

Maybe they're related lol.

TheGreene2010
  • TheGreene2010

GTA Forums is a hopeless wretched place

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:06 AM

Just one problem the guy in the timberlands is not grey headed.

Jason Frost
  • Jason Frost

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

Interesting, I did not remember him.

Brawly
  • Brawly

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (TheGreene2010 @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 07:06)
Just one problem the guy in the timberlands is not grey headed.

Yeah I know but the guy in the trailer has the sides of his heads shaved so maybe he shaved off the gray hairs, the top hairline looks the same as Clays and like I said in a before post he would look the same if he shaved off the facial hair and Rockstar has a tendency for making their characters look a little different like Johnny and Luis in the DLC's.

It might not be him but Clays the first character he reminded me of when I first saw the trailer unlike CJ like what most people thought lol. Plus Clays known to be able to get cars and bikes and stuff for the Lost MC, so maybe he will also be another hook up character that will send you cars and bikes etc.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (jackass2009 @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 03:34)

Agreed, but I would never assume the shown peds are any main or minor character, ESPECIALLY the first trailer, folks, that's a bad move to be assuming, after that first trailer, with a lay of the land, then yes, much more character or story centric

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users