Photo

Garages

45 replies to this topic
jynxdays
  • jynxdays

Grove street Veteran

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

Now that we are in Los Santos again, the apartment thing is dead and we can buy homes again ( I hope ) What would you think about bringing back garages for cars? and in the garage you can put air in tires

Lampka12
  • Lampka12

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

What's the problem with parking?

Tomern11
  • Tomern11

RIP forums.gamer.co.il

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:15 AM

I would like having them both. colgate.gif

shotGTA
  • shotGTA

the government never ganna stop us !

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:16 AM

the problem with parking my car in front of my house by iv was that it never got saved :| so if i got the perfect car and i came back the other day it was gone -.- so yeah garage please suicidal.gif

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (Lampka12 @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 18:15)
What's the problem with parking?

Random people, or police, hitting your cars and moving them out of the parking spot.
A police chase ends with you running up to save and you come down only to find a police car saved there instead of your rare super car.

Happened so many times in IV for me sneaky2.gif

Lampka12
  • Lampka12

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:17 AM Edited by Lampka12, 06 November 2011 - 01:20 AM.

@shotGTA

Not Rockstar problem.

@up

Well.. never happened to me before. Maybe because my game is not lagging

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (shotGTA @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 01:16)
the problem with parking my car in front of my house by iv was that it never got saved :| so if i got the perfect car and i came back the other day it was gone -.- so yeah garage please suicidal.gif

From what I remember of GTA's before IV (especially SA), having a garage is no guarantee that it won't happen.

Lampka12
  • Lampka12

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:21 AM

I want parking lots around the city biggrin.gif

Halo_Override
  • Halo_Override

Dilettante

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Staten @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 18:18)
QUOTE (shotGTA @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 01:16)
the problem with parking my car in front of my house by iv was that it never got saved :| so if i got the perfect car and i came back the other day it was gone -.- so yeah garage please  suicidal.gif

From what I remember of GTA's before IV (especially SA), having a garage is no guarantee that it won't happen.

It's Grand Theft Auto, someone probably stole it.

Turin88
  • Turin88

Your God

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

Garages are a must.

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

Garages, please.

I liked parking spaces at first, but then I noticed if I didn't park my car close enough to the curb (especially in TBOGT) traffic would slam into it, sometimes knocking it out of my spot. Other annoyances were when I'd get into my car, a passing cab would take my god damn door off...

It was the last straw when during a police chase I noticed my f*cking orange Infernus Bernie gave me joined in the pursuit, with a cop behind the wheel. Since then I no longer dare get into chases near my safehouses since on foot cops tend to go after my saved cars. confused.gif

So please, I'd rather have garages back, for my vehicle's sake.

The_Mario_Man
  • The_Mario_Man

Every 5 Minutes

• Members

Honestly, I think that whenever you park a vehicle in ANY parking space/garage, even if you don't own the area, it should be saved.

But as far as safehouses go, garages are a must. That road-side parking was as great way to get your doors torn off every time you stepped into your car.

alifjenius
  • alifjenius

I'm back (again)

• Members
  • Indonesia

QUOTE (Halo_Override @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 08:22)
It's Grand Theft Auto, someone probably stole it.

Agreed with this guy.

Yeah, I think it will be a good feature to have garage back in GTA again, especially that "air in tires" thing. No need to go to Pay N' Spray just to get rid of flat tires

Lampka12
  • Lampka12

Peon

• BUSTED!

I parked 10 cars in garage and it dissapeard

thestoneman420
  • thestoneman420

herp de derp

• BUSTED!

Both would be excellent. I didn't mind the parking spots...I never had a problem with it. But garages are fool proof I tell ya!

jynxdays
  • jynxdays

Grove street Veteran

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

Especially in the middle park Apartment. You ask a taxi to bring you home, it slams you right into your car. So i said thanks, then put a bullet through the driver's car and face lol

CME117
  • CME117

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:38 AM

Yes, please. They need to have a garage system similar to the way Saints Row does it (Now, don't any of you fanboys freak out because I'm saying this. Nothing is wrong with taking a hint from another game). What I mean by that is having a garage that stores all of your cars (maybe Rockstar can put like a limit of 25 cars, or something like that) and they are all there forever until you choose to delete them. I also like that in that game you can take any car from your garage and, even if it gets blown up or wrecked, it'll still be right back at your garage with no damage whatsoever the next time you go back to it. Is that realistic? No, of course not, but it sure is convenient and more fun. The whole "parking spaces" of GTA IV sucked ass, quite frankly.

leik oh em jeez!
  • leik oh em jeez!

The boatman stays with the boat.

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:40 AM

I'd love to have garages back, but we should also be able to use the driveway in front of the garage to store cars.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

Garages are a must. The parking spot thing was terrible.

GrandTheftAuto 5SA
  • GrandTheftAuto 5SA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:43 AM

especially than we're in los santos again, can't forget the times i parked my car and I went to get a drink only to see a guy getting into my car and stealing it confused.gif

Lampka12
  • Lampka12

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (CME117 @ Sunday, Nov 6 2011, 01:38)
Yes, please. They need to have a garage system similar to the way Saints Row does it (Now, don't any of you fanboys freak out because I'm saying this. Nothing is wrong with taking a hint from another game). What I mean by that is having a garage that stores all of your cars (maybe Rockstar can put like a limit of 25 cars, or something like that) and they are all there forever until you choose to delete them. I also like that in that game you can take any car from your garage and, even if it gets blown up or wrecked, it'll still be right back at your garage with no damage whatsoever the next time you go back to it. Is that realistic? No, of course not, but it sure is convenient and more fun. The whole "parking spaces" of GTA IV sucked ass, quite frankly.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA!

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:52 AM

I can see garages making a return since it's Los Santos based, I can also see the houses without Garages getting the GTAIV style parking treatment. Or like
leik oh em jeez! said we should be able to use the Driveways in front of the Garages to store cars too. I think Rockstar should use a Balance between the two, as I kinda liked GTAIV's system, it just needs the Garages to go along with it.

Also cars stored in Garages shouldn’t get dirty (Though if there was some dirt on them when you stored them it’s stay on) where as cars left outside in parking spots/driveway should accumulate dirt over time, like they did in IV.

And no offense to CME117 but no...Saints Row's "Garage" System, and I use the term garage lightly, sucked ass IMO.

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:56 AM

It's Grand Theft Auto, for f*cks sake. Cars are not meant to survive forever here.

Halo_Override
  • Halo_Override

Dilettante

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:56 AM

I'll add this: if there are garages, and there are bikes, a bike should not count as one full slot in a 2-vehicle garage.

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:58 AM

The parking method was okay and more realistic in a sense, however I do want garages to return, as you could generally fit more vehicles in them. That was an annoying in GTA IV. Effectively, you were limited to only keeping around 8 or so vehicles, which is quite poor in my opinion.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Ah yes 'Heists' we have dismissed these claims

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Halo_Override @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 18:56)
I'll add this: if there are garages, and there are bikes, a bike should not count as one full slot in a 2-vehicle garage.

I know, Bikes and Motorcycles alike should only take up a half slot, so you can have one car and two bikes in a two car garage or four bikes, and so on and so forth for bigger garages.

FiRe_OpTiKz©
  • FiRe_OpTiKz©

THE MECHANIC

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:04 AM

i see it like this, if car modding is back.. why spend the time to mod a car then it get hit out of a parking space and not get saved... waste of time..

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

I agree with the guy who said use Saints Row garage system. That was handy, specially if you modded a car, all your changes were saved and you never lost the vehicle.
If GTA is to get anything good from SR, let it be the garage system, extremely handy, everyone has their playing style, some people use cars like tampons, while some try to use the same car for the entire game, I pretty much only used the Sentinel, all my Car park spots had Black sentinels, so awesome.

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:55 AM

I'm all for the idea of garages returning. How about you can buy multi-story car parks or a dealership like in VC where you can store your cars? Also bring back one main garage where you deliver cars to as a side mission but as a reward you can walk into an icon like GTA3 and use the same car anytime you want.

Lampka12
  • Lampka12

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

In Mafia 1 we could park our cars outside, nice and real.
In Mafia 2 there were ugly garages when you could park something like 30 cars in there! This was one of things that ruined that gaym.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users