» «
Photo

Horses?

128 replies to this topic
loll22
  • loll22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:55 PM Edited by loll22, 06 November 2011 - 04:29 AM.

I will be the first to admit that this is a patently bizarre suggestion, but do you think it would be possible to add mountable horses to GTA V?

I mean it has already been established that there will be a country side of some form, and one animal from RDR (dog) has already made a return. It wouldn't that hard to include horses since both RDR and GTA V seemed to have run on the same engine.

Now, I understand that there are many reasons why they may not be included. Somewhat incongruous with the theme, the player character may not have a reasonable explanation as to why he can ride a horse, it really isn't "GTA" per se.

But still, I think it would interesting inclusion as a side diversion and it wouldn't be hard to include technically, just logically.

Thoughts?

drone214
  • drone214

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (loll22 @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 18:55)
I will be the first to admit that this is a patently bizarre suggestion, but do you think it would be possible to add mountable horses to GTA V?

I mean it had already been established that there will be a country side of some form, and one animal from RDR (dog) has already made a return. It wouldn't that hard to include horses since both RDR and GTA V seem to run on the same engine.

Now, I understand that there are many reasons why they may not be included. Somewhat incongruous with the theme, the player character may not have a reasonable explanation as to why he can ride a horse, it really isn't "GTA" per se.

But still, I think it would interesting inclusion as a side diversion and it wouldn't be hard to include technically, just logically.

Thoughts?

Drive Bys on a horse wow sounds kinda interesting

Turin88
  • Turin88

Your God

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

Mmm, Grand Theft Equine.

Are there many horses in LA? Like, police horses or rural areas where horses are commonly kept?

nikonatorbelick
  • nikonatorbelick

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

i don't know why you would prefer to ride a horse rather than an sport car, but if animals are in the game, of course, it may be fun to ride them from time to time

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

Rockstar made Red Dead Redemption, a game where you do drive by's on horses instead of cars.

Both games, are amazing

Jimmarn
  • Jimmarn

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

Very interesting Idea. Allthough, is there much horses around LA? confused.gif You'd have to steal one from a farm or a horse race thing

goldboy76
  • goldboy76

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

it's grand theft AUTO and not grand theft HORSE

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

Truth be told it wouldn't be all that useful. But I've suggested amusement parks, so whatever.

jlamay
  • jlamay

Lost In Liberty City

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

Grand Theft Horse!! I always wanted to steal a horse. biggrin.gif I could hear the police now "Uh, we have grand theft horse..."

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

i hope we cant buy animals. Like someone here said before, if i want to play the sims 3 pets, i will buy that.

adamgod8
  • adamgod8

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Id rather hit a horse with my car

sonnyBlack
  • sonnyBlack

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

I can just imagine how fun a police chase on a horse would be. Galloping over car roofs during heavy traffic and firing back at the cop cars unable to get close to you. Of course most of the time you'll probably just get run down or get your horse shot to hell, but there's some potential epicness to be had here. lol

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

Would they use the control scheme from RDR or drive like a car? Thats what I'm worried about most of all, how'd you'd get it to control properly.

SammiiDoogles
  • SammiiDoogles

Where is my mind?

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (goldboy76 @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 20:11)

It's not grand theft aero and you can still pilot aircraft so that point is moot.

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

I was wordering about horses myself. Having a farm or two in the countryside seems reasonable so having animals return from Red Dead isn't really a stretch. Having ridable horses? I'm not sure it'll happen... would be good though.

QUOTE (goldboy76 @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 21:11)

It's possible to complete GTA IV with the stats showing that no vehicles have been stolen. The series has moved far beyond the title.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Always some joker says RDR influence can't mate with GTA goodness as well, and I say, WHY THE HELL NOT?!?! Man, you got somethin' against good quality gaming, or what????!!!

walkingsickness
  • walkingsickness

Mr. "Blow Your Head Off"

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (loll22 @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 18:55)

I mean it had already been established that there will be a country side of some form, and one animal from RDR (dog) has already made a return. It wouldn't that hard to include horses since both RDR and GTA V seem to run on the same engine.

Thoughts?

even for R* that might be far fetch...

although maybe in the countryside

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

Honestly I wouldn't expect it, but it's totally reasonable given it's been done and VERY WELL done at that

dragon1604
  • dragon1604

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

There needs to be a mission in the countryside where you ride on horseback with a crazy guy named Jeff, whose grandfather was named Seth and had a creepy fetish for dead bodies.

StatusQuo.
  • StatusQuo.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

Tbh i don't think R* would put such big animals in the game. Cats, dogs and birds yes but horses/cows? c'mon...

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

That's true. TRUE LIES!

BaldadigeAnton
  • BaldadigeAnton

Scientia potentia est

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

Yeah it would be awesome, but is there any mounted police in the city of Los Angeles? Or at the beaches? I know we have got mounted police in the Netherlands and they look bad-ass, especially because the bigger than normal horses. I also know that NYC has mounted police, but if LA doesn't have them I don't think mounted police or horses will be included.

However, animals and especially big animals would be an awesome addition to GTAV. Imagine a deer suddenly jumping in front of your car on the freeway, that'd be a major crash.

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

Don't see why not, imagine playing multiplayer, riding towards mount chillad on your horse and then BOOM your friend mows you down in a huntley...

Jimmarn
  • Jimmarn

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:40 PM

Yeah, I really can't see why more content and more stuff to do will "kill it" for people..... Some people on these forums are just narrow-minded....

Miamiguy
  • Miamiguy

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

Let's say, you go into LA and after you come out of the airport to maybe get somekind of transport, then what do you think comes and pick you up? A) a horse? B) a taxi?
Obviously you guys then say, what about countryside... But who uses horses nowadays even at countryside? This isn't Texas or anything. I suppose you may found some horses in a barn or something.. don't knwo, don't live in USA... But it won't be like in RDR.

CubA_iLL_BrothA
  • CubA_iLL_BrothA

666سنة

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

Ahah A lot of names since the V trailer.
Sims Theft Auto
Farm Theft Auto

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

I mentioned the possibility of this in a thread about animals the other day, which was locked because theres already a thread on animals. Anyone know where that thread is?

Anyway, I wouldn't rule it out. Would certainly make some sense of the expression 'Get back on your horse', dontyathink? ph34r.gif

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Picture me rollin.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

Grand theft horse lol, seriously mountable horses wont be in the game im sure, thats why they made red dead redemption.

CubA_iLL_BrothA
  • CubA_iLL_BrothA

666سنة

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (mattymcs @ Saturday, Nov 5 2011, 15:46)
I mentioned the possibility of this in a thread about animals the other day, which was locked because theres already a thread on animals. Anyone know where that thread is?

Anyway, I wouldn't rule it out. Would certainly make some sense of the expression 'Get back on your horse', dontyathink? ph34r.gif

Right the genesis thread, does make you think. But I kind of doubt horses, unless otherwise.
But it's alot things that have been talked about in the genesis thread, such as Los Santos and Vinewood, multiple characters in the game... Idk

iamJack
  • iamJack

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

I hope so, riding a horse through the busy streets of LS biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users