Photo

JUSTICE IN FLAMES

282 replies to this topic
AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Oooh, i did wonder who that could have been, never did it fall on my mind it's him. wow.gif

Damn, now i want another chapter lol.

It's a shame you didn't win best writer, i dunno if GTA-King is that good to leave you on the 2nd place with 100+ votes behind.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:32 PM Edited by billy james, 24 February 2013 - 12:38 PM.

Zbogom, stari prijatelju

Those words translate into "Goodbye Old Friend"
It obviously Rami

Oh and Mok, you should right a story that's set 2 years before the events of GTA IV, like a prequel of sorts

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Well you never know. I dare say there might be a gta v 'city of lies' someday

Regarding the awards: I am told gtaking PM spammed people asking for votes. In which case he's welcome to his award; ill take second knowing I deserved it and didnt have to ask it. If anyone had received such messages I would hope they would report the offender and this they be D/Q.
It's not surprising, gta v stories will win just because its gta v!

Anyway; thanks for the interest in my work guys. There's times its slow and unnervingly quiet but knowing you all enjoyed it makes it worth it
I hope you'll all follow my next works. In the mean time check out the other stories here and I'd like to see some of yours!!

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

How the hell did GTA-King win best writer? I've read both your stories and one of his. I'm not lying, but I liked your writing style much better.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Monday, Feb 25 2013, 12:35)
How the hell did GTA-King win best writer? I've read both your stories and one of his. I'm not lying, but I liked your writing style much better.

I am told he sent a lot of private messages out asking for votes. I am not saying it is true, but that's what I have been told.
The way i look at it is that GTA IV is old news. It was the day the V announcement came. People are more interested in GTA V than IV, and his story - his attempted clairvoyance - fits into that niche. People read it because it was in the V section, because it was GTA V. Most of those votes i believe were from the V forum "clans". If it is true that he did send such messages, than he can have his award. I'll proudly take second, and stand with Typhus on the lower podiums, knowing we got there by merit, and not request.

For the record, I don't see myself as the best writer. Perhaps I upload the most, but check out this section - there are many other stories that, while shorter, are from the pen of more talent. In my opinion, the best writer did not win, he came third.

I've read one of GTA king's stories and I would say it's decent. Award worthy? That's not for me to judge but it wasnt perfect (and neither are mine). I read GTA V: albert De Silva, and i got bored quickly. I am not knocking his work - he wrote a lot of it, so fair play - nor am i knocking him (but as said, if he DID ask for the award by sending messages to half the V forum*, he should be disqualified, and the award given to Typhus.

I am however disappointed - which is natural. I am not used to winning things, and the last two times were so surprising, that i kind of got addicted - i can't describe what it's like having people say that my story was the best on the forums for that year. The work that went into it, the doubts, for it all to come to an award, was fantastic. Aceray, in a rather blunt way, pointed out that JIF HAS won one award, and i've had such awards for 2 years, so it's someone else's turn now. I shall instead carry on writing, and hope that I can entertain you all again, and perhaps more people. The only thing i ask - not to vote for me - but to follow my future works, and if any of you write something, feel free to PM me and i'll check it out.

Knowing you've all loved my works means more than a pixelated medal ever could, and I thank you all for that.

*speculation.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:30 PM Edited by GTA-King, 27 February 2013 - 12:26 AM.

EDIT: Ignore this.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

There's no need to go into other people's topics and say the exact same thing you said elsewhere. If you want to read my story and give feedback on it, be my guest but lets leave anything else to the respective topics. Same for the rest of you guys - I don't want this becoming an issue. I'm a writer, not a debater.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Actually reading City of Lies and damn is it an intriguing story. I really hope you do this for V, your two stories are nicely written. smile.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Thanks man. Hopefully, if i do that, they'll be even better! biggrin.gif

I'm working on a few new projects as mentioned, and I literally just played a bassline i like so i may even make a theme tune!!

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Golf Wang

• Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

So when will there be a pdf file for this one. Just started City of Lies and I've been reading it when I have time instead of working on midterms lol...great story so far.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Maggot899 @ Wednesday, Mar 6 2013, 23:20)
So when will there be a pdf file for this one. Just started City of Lies and I've been reading it when I have time instead of working on midterms lol...great story so far.

Don't forsake your education man!

PDF will be soon. I just hadn't gotten around to it sad.gif

Thanks for your interest. I hope you're enjoying COL !

Not looking like the song went down too well though. Shame I thought it fit perfectly

TJtheS2000fan
  • TJtheS2000fan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

I forgot about this story for the longest time, and finally came to reading it again. I was not disappointed. You did an amazing job with this, Mokrie. Forget the fact that it is fan fiction- this is some of the best writing I've read in quite a while. A masterful job done with the last chapter and the epilogue. Thanks for your dedication to this story, and I look forward to reading your Assassin's Creed fanfic. I love that series as well.

32brownsfan
  • 32brownsfan

This is a Tribe Town

• Members

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

No big deal, but add indents at each paragraph, but otherwise such a great story smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users