[SA]-Creating new bone position

7 replies to this topic
indra.
  • indra.

Modeller

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

There are many tutorial about rigging but as i know no one expain about how to create the bone position, even some of them tell you to reshape the mesh to fit with the bone..that's wrong and Misled..with that reason i decided create this tutorial...
anyway this is my first tutorial

Reqerimients

-3ds max (in my case 3dsmax 7)
-kam's max script

2.import a original ped from gta sa in this case i choose bmypol1.dff as donor make sure the "A" button is turned on.
picture

3.adjust the size and rotation of your custom character to fit with the size that you wanted
picture

4. adjust the position of your custom model to fit with the bottom of the donor(the original sa ped)
picture

5. now we start to move the bones

6. adjust some of the bone position to straight position, so you can easily rotate it later..do this step to these bone : L UpperArm, L ForeArm, L Hand, R UpperArm, R ForeArm, R Hand, L Thigh, L Calf, L Foot, R Thigh, R Calf, R Foot
picture

7. after those bones in straight position now its time to adjust the width and position of the bone, choose "select and move" tool then move the bone position straightly to the right position. move any bones that you think need to be moved, if the bone already on the right position, you dont need to move it..
picture

8. after you sure get the fit size. now its time to rotate it. choose "select and rotate" tool then rotare the bone position straightly to the positon that you think is fit
picture

9. now open your kam's max script then export(bone/skin export) the donor mesh(the original sa ped).
picture

10. delete the donor from your 3dsmax scene (the mesh and bones)
picture

11. import the model that just created(in my case : bone position.dff)
picture

12. now you can rigg your custom character with this new bone position.

13. about rigging you can follow tutorial from coin-god...here

Pawelo
  • Pawelo

:)

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

Good Tutorial but i have a bug how can i fix it? http://imageshack.us...0713254826.jpg/

indra.
  • indra.

Modeller

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

you mean the breast? that because of cj's muscular animation...it wont happed if you set cj's body to skinny...

Pawelo
  • Pawelo

• Members

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:31 PM

cj body to skinny? you mean not to take ped but cj?

indra.
  • indra.

Modeller

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

no..i mean cj's muscular animation is the cause of that bug.....and in your screen i see you test the ped as player..

Pawelo
  • Pawelo

• Members

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:59 AM

oh yep when i write KVGYZQK all was normal... hmm there was still some bugs but look god for my first ped convertion biggrin.gif

Junior123456789
  • Junior123456789

All you had to do was follow the damn train...

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Didn't understand step 6 confused.gif How to adjust the bone position?

Pawelo
  • Pawelo

• Members

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

You need to select one of the bones of original R* ped and move/rotate for that position where have hand or leg you ripping ped

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users