GTA V Gangs

244 replies to this topic
LewisVee
  • LewisVee

Unified Nations MC VP

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Just a topic to get other peoples opinions on what gangs may be featured in the game, remember they will have different names than the originals in the real world tounge.gif thanks

iGrandTheftAuto
  • iGrandTheftAuto

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

I think we will see the Mafia, and probably some ghetto street gangs.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (iGrandTheftAuto @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 20:04)

The Italian Mafia actually has very little influence in LA.

Something tells me it won't be very gang heavy. More like small-time criminals selling drugs from the boot of their car, very little in the way of large scale organizations. I think after San Andreas they'll have moved on from the gangbanger types too.

tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (iGrandTheftAuto @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 20:04)

No no we will see plenty of street gangs, and a bit of Mafia. Don't forget LA/LS is the home to street gangs.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

3 words: GROVE STREET FAMILIES

jynxdays
  • jynxdays

Grove street Veteran

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

Definantly Street gangs of all ethnicity just like in LA There is Asian gangsters, black gangsters, mexican gangsters, all sorts

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Many Hispanic and Black street gangs.

RockstarLeaks
  • RockstarLeaks

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

18th street gang

Long_Haired_Boy
  • Long_Haired_Boy

Whilst everyone's lost, the battle is won

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:14 PM Edited by Long_Haired_Boy, 04 November 2011 - 08:35 PM.

Had a topic on this a while back.

But it probaly will be the same ones from before and I hope it has bikers sigh.gif . But umm.

Most of the gangs from San Andreas probably split into different sets under the whole family.

Crips has over 800 sets with 30,000 to 35,000 members and associate members, including more than 13,000 members in Los Angeles

Yeah but thing about the gangs that are currently in LA?

Dominance is Mexican and African American gangs.

Russians and Italians umm maybe in Vegas.

tarnell
  • tarnell

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:20 PM

Em yup and I think there will be a LARGE diversity in the gangs, unlike GTA:SA.

A few black gangs (( like real life crips and bloods with a LOT of smaller sets in different parts of LS, some allied some not )) Mexican gangs (( same as afro-america with a lot of sets, reping different colours, some will be based on surenos probably allied, others on florencia, others on 18th st. )) asian gangs for sure, some type of mafia (( my bet's on Russian mafia )) perhaps some white supremacists? (( not sure about this one )) and of course the big bad Mara Salvatrucha 13 (( El Salvadorian )) the most crazy/psychotic gang in USA. Also I really hope for some crooked detectives like Tenpenny and Denzel Washington in the film Training Day.

dolphyfan
  • dolphyfan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

Grape street niccah!!

Imo, I don't think GSF will be back and we'll only see it as an easter egg type thingy. Likely mexican cartels and some ms-13/south american gang

b_pumper
  • b_pumper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

I don't think a traditional Italian-American Mafia has much influence in LA as they do in New York. But this is GTA, so we will probably see that element in the game. Like it or not, crime in LA is dominated by Street Gangs.

Here are some Gangs that GTA might base on.

African American: Crips, Bloods, Hoovers(don't know if they still bang Crip). there are different "sets" in each Gang.

Hispanic: Florencia, 18 st, MS, Avenues, Flats, Maravilla, etc... There are so many Different Latino Gangs in Southern California. They all fight among themselves on the streets, but in Prison they come together under the "EME/13". Maybe we will see a Prison Politics storyline in the game.

White: Pen1, Nazi Lowriders.

Bikers: Hells Angels(Angels of Death in GTA 4), Mongol, Vagos. There are other Clubs, but these are the Biggest.

Other: Asian Boyz, Tiny Rascals, Armenian Power.

Organized Crime: Mexican Cartels, Chinese Triads, Russian Mafia.

Outplug
  • Outplug

PSN: Headphenomenon

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

The only gangs I care about are the ones Rockstar has to pay some dues to--The Ballas (despite them needing to rot in hell >:), Grove Street OGs, and Vagos/Cesar's gang.

+Cesar must return somehow!

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Mafia will play a part in it as always, which is not a bad thing i think the involvement of the Mafia is always interesting.

But this time i am expecting a large array of multicultural gangs, I hope to see a powerful white street gang this time aswell.

jUV3NtUS17
  • jUV3NtUS17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Well LA is littered with street gangs so it would only add to the realism of a redesigned Los Santos. Maybe we'll see a return of the grove street gang, ballas, los aztecas,etc.

Sebor
  • Sebor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:40 AM

Being LA there will be very little Mafia influence.
Looking at the trailer the main story seems to be about characters involved with high profile heists.

Anyway it being LA there will be lots of street gangs.

What we really jst need to think about is GTA always make Parodies on movies and real life. Seeing that it is in present time all we need to realize wht is popular right now, what is happening gang wise?

- Sons Of anarchy tv wise and in real life Hell angels are very popular so we'll definitely get a motor gang.
- Mexican Cartel and the war on drugs. It's on the news all the time I am sure it will go in to that allot.
- The last couple of seasons of the shield. Think about Armenian might (Power). So we will maybe see them. They also portrayed the Russian Mob quite a bit.
- It's been in a lot in movies, tv series and the news that Latino gangs are pushing out the black gangs so perhaps we will see this portrayed as wells.
-Korean street gangs (not mafia) have been portrayed a lot in recent movies and tv series: the Shield, Street Kings, Hancock, etc
- The white prison gang the Aryan Brotherhood has been depicted in many documentaries, movies and tv series (sons of anarchy).

If the city will be really this big I hope we will see lots of gangs and I hope to see a lot more criminal activiity happen outside of missions, violence, random gang shootings, etc.

1. I am hoping for 2 motor gangs that are rivalling for control of gun running
2. I am hoping for at least 3 black gangs who are first fighting each other but who will start to collaborate against the latino gangs later on.
3. I hope there will be at least 5 Latino Gangs including ms13
4. Strong Influence of the Mexican Cartel
5. Also hoping for a Korean Street gang, Armenian Street gang, Aryan Brotherhood and a Russian mob who are involved in human trafficking.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE (iGrandTheftAuto @ Friday, Nov 4 2011, 16:04)

I'm assuming this. However, I think the ghetto street gangs will play a bigger role.

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:44 AM

Ya gangs will be in.

TreyCrll
  • TreyCrll

Forum Surfer

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:45 AM

I hope they bring back the rollin heights ballas and thegrove st. families. It would also b cool if they made the AI have gang wars between the two. I would love to go on a vigilante mission to stop a gang shootouts

Leve-O
  • Leve-O

Sic Parvis Magna

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

I'm pretty sure we will be seeing another chapter of The Lost or Angels of Death. I think drug cartels might play a bigger role then the mafia since they have more influence. And most definitely some gang bangers like Grove Street and The Ballas.

TheIntellectualz
  • TheIntellectualz

You know me sweet, Cool as a Shaolin Munk!!

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:58 AM

In the hoods we'll probably see
Varrios Los Aztecas
Ballas
And
the GSF
though they probably won't be all over Los Santos like it was in GTA SA

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:15 AM

I think the Mexican Cartels will play a heavy heavy role. It just makes sense. Rockstar has been in general heading towards a more serious and realistic tone. This was used an excuse for why they didn't want the tanks, attack choppers, etc. Considering the the Mexican army is deployed against the cartels right over the southern California border... it just kind of adds up.

Other than that I'm guessing that they might tone down the gangbanger thing post San Andreas. We may still see it but I would think to a lesser degree. An MS-13 based gang would be interesting.

I think Russians, Chinese and Korean gangs/mafia could all show up as I think they all have presences in LA. Don't bet on the Italians unless Phil Bell or someone comes from Liberty or Venturas on a business trip or something like that for one mission.

Final note- that "Rush" leak that was acurate about the LA local mentioned triads and an armenian mobster among the characters being casted.

OrangesofDeath
  • OrangesofDeath

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

I'd love gangs like in San Andreas. Rival gangs attack you when they see you, and you can recruit your own members to ride with you, maybe even on missions. That would be cool. But it doesn't really fit with the guy we saw in the trailer.

Even if you don't really interact, I'd still like to see Grove Street Gang around for old time sake. Maybe even some of those old tags.

DHoff
  • DHoff

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:11 AM Edited by DHoff, 24 April 2013 - 12:47 PM.

K-Malo94
  • K-Malo94

Latin Thug

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (TheIntellectualz @ Monday, Nov 7 2011, 01:58)
In the hoods we'll probably see
Varrios Los Aztecas
Ballas
And
the GSF
though they probably won't be all over Los Santos like it was in GTA SA

Don't forget Los Santos Vagos

[enforcA]
  • [enforcA]

The original one.

• Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:42 AM

I really hope R* made it a bit different than it was in GTA:SA. (i liked it back then, but: ... ->)

1996 is over (Rest in Peace Tupac Amaru Shakur! You were awesome - and still in my mind. Thank You), we have 2011. Some things have changed, even in the hood. Formerly known active gangbangers (or if you want to call it gangmembers) got out of the gang life, started a new life with the freedom to go over the next street.

Community Projects arose in Los Angeles, like "Project Cry No More", "Peace Makers", "Sidewalk University", "Amer-I-Can", "Unity One" and so on, where Gangmembers can go to, to get help, getting out of that gang life trouble. Remember: "That are not gangmembers, that are human beings!"

That said and seeing the GTA V Trailer at 0:54-0:55 made me think, yes.

user posted image
(GTA V - Trailer 1, at 0:54 to 0:55)

Some probably made it, things have changed since the old San Andreas times. I personally associate this moment of the Trailer with the Grove Street. But, as i have said, things have changed. He doesn't look like a bum, that sells his old (Grove Street) home because of the money crisis. He more looks like a man that has changed from being an active gangbanger to being an educated wealthy man, that has a good paid job somewhere else and who leaves the old (Grove Street) neighborhood and with that leaves behind the old troublesome life of the past (like it was in GTA:SA).

Well at least, that's what i hope for. I know there are enough active sets out there, still today, but some of them made it out of that and changed their lifes. That's all i have so say right now.

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:44 AM

There should be:
MS13
Bloods
Crips
18th Street gang
Mexican Cartel
Russian Mafia
Triads
Hells Angels
Mongels
Ayran Brotherhood
Mexican Mafia
Asian Boys
Tiny Rascals

I'm done!

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Token black guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:46 AM Edited by Gtaman_92, 07 November 2011 - 03:49 AM.

QUOTE ([enforcA)
,Monday, Nov 7 2011, 03:42] I really hope R* made it a bit different than it was in GTA:SA. (i liked it back then, but: ... ->)

1996 is over (Rest in Peace Tupac Amaru Shakur! You were awesome - and still in my mind. Thank You), we have 2011. Some things have changed, even in the hood. Formerly known active gangbangers (or if you want to call it gangmembers) got out of the gang life, started a new life with the freedom to go over the next street.

Community Projects arose in Los Angeles, like "Project Cry No More", "Peace Makers", "Sidewalk University", "Amer-I-Can", "Unity One" and so on, where Gangmembers can go to, to get help, getting out of that gang life trouble. Remember: "That are not gangmembers, that are human beings!"

That said and seeing the GTA V Trailer at 0:54-0:55 made me think, yes.

user posted image
(GTA V - Trailer 1, at 0:54 to 0:55)

Some probably made it, things have changed since the old San Andreas times. I personally associate this moment of the Trailer with the Grove Street. But, as i have said, things have changed. He doesn't look like a bum, that sells his old (Grove Street) home because of the money crisis. He more looks like a man that has changed from being an active gangbanger to being an educated wealthy man, that has a good paid job somewhere else and who leaves the old (Grove Street) neighborhood and with that leaves behind the old troublesome life of the past (like it was in GTA:SA).

Well at least, that's what i hope for. I know there are enough active sets out there, still today, but some of them made it out of that and changed their lifes. That's all i have so say right now.

what the hell were you saying? Anyway, since its cali, its safe to say we will see the cartels, triads and some gangs based on crips and bloods.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:56 AM Edited by Official General, 07 November 2011 - 03:59 AM.

Well seeing as GTA V is returning to Los Santos, I will naturally assume that the gangs in GTA V will be based on real-life criminal groups based in Los Angeles and Southern California.

Here is my list of who I think what gangs we will see in GTA V:

STREET GANGS

African-American ( Bloods and Crips )

Hispanic ( Mexican-American, Mexican, Salvadorian )

Asian ( Chinese, Korean )

ORGANIZED CRIME

Mexican drug cartels

Armenian crime groups

Russian Mob (West Coast)

Triads

Italian-American Mafia ( Possibly not a significant role )

OTHER GANGS

Biker gangs ( Various kinds )

White supremacist, neo-Nazi gangs ( eg. Nazi Lowriders)

Suburban ( maybe 'wannabe' tough guy ) street gangs (Mostly White American)

Small groups of highway robbers

MISCELLEANEOUS

Corrupt uniformed police officers

Very corrupt unit of police detectives and special agents

Trideez
  • Trideez

GTAForums OG

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:11 AM

Some people are so dense! Either that or else they are so racist that they just wish and pray that the Families and Ballas (Bloods and Crips) won't be in the game with a major presence. But too bad, so sad for them. The Families and Ballas are PART OF LOS SANTOS, they're not some easter egg that might not even get a mention, they are the very fabric of the culture in that city! So you're going to have to wait for GTA: Alabama or something if you don't like "the ghetto" or "gangstas", because GTA V is taking place in LA (LS) and it isn't LA without the street gangs. This is also why I'm positive that we will also get GTA V: Grove Street Stories or something similar like GTA V: Rollin Heights Ballas Stories.

As for what gangs I'd like to see in the game, of course I want many many many Family and Ballas sets, a bunch of Mexican gangs, Asian gangs, Motorcycle gangs, and whatever other gangs are realistically expected to be in LA. And lucky for me, and unlucky for the hillbillies, that is exactly what we are going to get, so YAY!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users