» «
Photo

Mapping Los Santos! Building/landmark analysis

26,288 replies to this topic
Malle324
  • Malle324

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:43 PM Edited by Malle324, 28 July 2012 - 08:45 PM.

QUOTE (YukiEiri @ Friday, Jul 27 2012, 12:16)
QUOTE (Malle324 @ Friday, Jul 27 2012, 10:38)
you are wrong
http://i50.tinypic.com/nycr5i.png

Oh no ... my young forumer..
It is you who are mistaken.. About a great many thingssss...

Let me prove my point with edited pic you used:
user posted image

See the big, blue line I put in there?
Same structure.

So? Balcony is clearly closer than in your proposal.

***** EDIT *****
I think that the balcony is somewhere behind the white SUV.

I just want to say.. that balcony is on left side of highway, not right.. and nevermind with distance biggrin.gif thats cca

and I agree with your opinion, behind the Landstalker

Vardolf36
  • Vardolf36

I'm the one, who survived!

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Malle324 @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 20:43)
you are wrong

user posted image

Same structure.

***** EDIT *****

I just want to say.. that balcony is on left side of highway, not right.. and nevermind with distance biggrin.gif thats cca

I thought this was, over, just read my post near the top of the page, it shows the building in the balcony scene is the same as the one far off to the front of the Landstalker. People are just confused, the highway veers to the right and so it's the same freeway seen in the balcony scene. I don't see why people think the highway does not change to another direction.

FCM
  • FCM

Toreno

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (lakingsfan @ Friday, Jul 27 2012, 23:16)
I-5 is named Los Puerta Freeway. It's going on a North/South axis and I think some said it would pass near downtown on the west side.
http://media.gtanet....reenshot-13.jpg

I-2 is named Del Perro Freeway. It's going on a West/East axis and relying on the screenshot, we can say it's going to pass in East Los Santos.
http://media.gtanet....reenshot-30.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Los Puerta Freeway is in real life HARBOR FWY (California 110) for the following reasons:

1- It's on the north/south axis;
2- It's close to the downtown;
3- The highway scene was taken right between the balcony scene and downtown Los Santos, and the balcony guy was south-west from the downtown - meaning the highway scene in fact is right south of the downtown. Which leads me to think that ...

.. I'm pretty sure that the highway scene was shot on what is going to be the copycat of SANTA MONICA FWY (California 10) for the following reasons:

1- It is heading towards the balcony-guy's direction which was south-west of Downtown Los Santos;
2- California 10, or Santa Monica FWY, is that highway right south of Downtown LA on the east-west axis
3- Koreatown (or "Little Seoul" in Los Santos) is in fact located in the armpit of California 10/California 110 interchange - and it also is accessible in the highway-scene.

So, to rule the case of Del Perro highway, what we know about it:

- It's straight downtown Los Angeles, not in the periphery;
- It's on the east-west axis;

With that, we know it's not Santa Monica FWY since it is not directly downtown, it's just in its periphery.

So, considering all this, here's what I think of Los Santos Highway system:
(Click the link if you want a big ass picture -> http://img690.images...ghwaysystem.png )

user posted image

Malle324
  • Malle324

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Vardolf36 @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 21:06)
you are wrong

user posted image

Same structure.

***** EDIT *****

I thought this was, over, just read my post near the top of the page, it shows the building in the balcony scene is the same as the one far off to the front of the Landstalker. People are just confused, the highway veers to the right and so it's the same freeway seen in the balcony scene. I don't see why people think the highway does not change to another direction.

Are you blind ? lol.. highway is going between the construction and the balcony building ( orange )... look at the red lin which means highway. And look at pic 1, construction is on right, soo when the highway is going between that, so that balcony building is on left..

Your opinion is, that balcony building is behind that construction what u see on pic 1.. but look at 2, first orange, then highway and behind the highway is construction

sooo how damn you can say we are blind, lmao...

Vardolf36
  • Vardolf36

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:50 PM Edited by Vardolf36, 28 July 2012 - 10:02 PM.

QUOTE (Malle324 @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 21:42)
you are wrong

user posted image

Same structure.

***** EDIT *****

Are you blind ? lol.. highway is going between the construction and the balcony building ( orange )... look at the red lin which means highway. And look at pic 1, construction is on right, soo when the highway is going between that, so that balcony building is on left..

Your opinion is, that balcony building is behind that construction what u see on pic 1.. but look at 2, first orange, then highway and behind the highway is construction

I'm sorry but you're wrong, if I could get a picture of the buildings you see far ahead of the Landstalker I'd compare them to the balcony scene building and show you they are the same. The window design on the side of the building is the same. Never mind, you're right and it's not the same building. sarcasm.gif I bet if I did get a picture, you'd still think the buildings are different. Whatever, I'll just stop, this topic isn't about correcting someone who thinks they're right when in fact they are wrong. Blind idiot. dozingoff.gif

Jorge112597
  • Jorge112597

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Were these viaduct linked or identified to any freeway ?

http://media.gtanet....reenshot-26.jpg
http://media.gtanet....reenshot-27.jpg
http://media.gtanet....reenshot-31.jpg
http://media.gtanet....reenshot-41.jpg

The third screenshot might be the 10 fwy going to Santa Monica.

Jorge112597
  • Jorge112597

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

It seems as if del perro freeway ( Hollywood fwy ) won't be headed toward Hollywood, it seems if the del perro fwywhich is actually the Hollywood freeway is headed straight for century city in the jet screenshot.

CaptRobau
  • CaptRobau

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

@ FCM

I have my own theory based on my visualisation of the freeways:

user posted image

In the freeway scene the camera is on my image's red freeway. Cars can go left and right on the Los Puerta Fwy or straight through towards the edge of Downtown and Little Korea. As far as I've seen American freeways are from point to point. So if both directions are the I-5 than the camera can not be on the I-5 as well (as it would have to loop to make the camera freeway the I-5 as well). So this is another freeway. Going south and north it's either the RL I-5 or the I-110/S-110.

In the bum scene we see that it's on the Del Perro Fwy, which goes East. In other screenshots we see it goes West in the direction of Santa Monica. This matches the RL I-10 quite well. In the same scene we see another sign in the back. This has been enhanced. I wrote what it says on the picture above. My guess is that because you have to go right to get on it, the I-1 encloses Downtown on the other side (the Eastern side). This would make it an ideal candidate for the red freeway (on which the freeway scene camera). The yellow line in my image is where some people place the I-1 (in the bum scene it'd be the bridge across the Del Perro Fwy). I think that doesn't make sense. There's no RL freeway right through Downtown and I can see something resembling traffic lights on that elevated road.

So to summarize:
-I-1 encompasses Downtown on the Southern and Eastern side. Goes South-North; RL equivalent: I-110/S-110
-I-2 encompasses Downtown on the Northern side. Goes West-East, from Santa Monica to Del Perro; RL equivalent: I-10
-I-5 encompasses Downtown on the Western side. Goes South-North, from Los Puerta to ?; RL equivalent: I-5

Jorge112597
  • Jorge112597

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (CaptRobau @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 22:31)
@ FCM

I have my own theory based on my visualisation of the freeways:

user posted image

In the freeway scene the camera is on my image's red freeway. Cars can go left and right on the Los Puerta Fwy or straight through towards the edge of Downtown and Little Korea. As far as I've seen American freeways are from point to point. So if both directions are the I-5 than the camera can not be on the I-5 as well (as it would have to loop to make the camera freeway the I-5 as well). So this is another freeway. Going south and north it's either the RL I-5 or the I-110/S-110.

In the bum scene we see that it's on the Del Perro Fwy, which goes East. In other screenshots we see it goes West in the direction of Santa Monica. This matches the RL I-10 quite well. In the same scene we see another sign in the back. This has been enhanced. I wrote what it says on the picture above. My guess is that because you have to go right to get on it, the I-1 encloses Downtown on the other side (the Eastern side). This would make it an ideal candidate for the red freeway (on which the freeway scene camera). The yellow line in my image is where some people place the I-1 (in the bum scene it'd be the bridge across the Del Perro Fwy). I think that doesn't make sense. There's no RL freeway right through Downtown and I can see something resembling traffic lights on that elevated road.

So to summarize:
-I-1 encompasses Downtown on the Southern and Eastern side. Goes South-North; RL equivalent: I-110/S-110
-I-2 encompasses Downtown on the Northern side. Goes West-East, from Santa Monica to Del Perro; RL equivalent: I-10
-I-5 encompasses Downtown on the Western side. Goes South-North, from Los Puerta to ?; RL equivalent: I-5

Here is what I think:

Yellow freeway is the actual Hollywood fwy or del perro fwy

Blue fwy is the Los puerta fwy the actual harbor fwy

Green is the 10 fwy to Santa Monica

And for the red fwy I don't think it will actually be there probably more to the south, since that space will be where the rail yard are located, the Los Santos river and the bridges over the river.

Malle324
  • Malle324

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Vardolf36 @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 21:50)
you are wrong

user posted image

Same structure.

***** EDIT *****

I'm sorry but you're wrong, if I could get a picture of the buildings you see far ahead of the Landstalker I'd compare them to the balcony scene building and show you they are the same. The window design on the side of the building is the same. Never mind, you're right and it's not the same building. sarcasm.gif I bet if I did get a picture, you'd still think the buildings are different. Whatever, I'll just stop, this topic isn't about correcting someone who thinks they're right when in fact they are wrong. Blind idiot. dozingoff.gif

Make map how u realise that lol.. u re still talking about some sh*ts and how everybody except you are blind COS "windows" are same.. biggrin.gif U re right, all windows are same and still dont know how you know that biggrin.gif On pic 1 that balcony building is far away and on the other side of pic2 ( behind construction ) and on pic 2 where we can see balcony guy, that balcony building is nearby to interchange and construct building.. Stop talking craps lmao, u came here 1 week ago and gonna make decisions like a sir. Cos dictator SAY so everybody must listen.. troll logic

Vardolf36
  • Vardolf36

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Malle324 @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 23:08)
you are wrong

user posted image

Same structure.

***** EDIT *****

Make map how u realise that lol.. u re still talking about some sh*ts and how everybody except you are blind COS "windows" are same.. biggrin.gif U re right, all windows are same and still dont know how you know that biggrin.gif On pic 1 that balcony building is far away and on the other side of pic2 ( behind construction ) and on pic 2 where we can see balcony guy, that balcony building is nearby to interchange and construct building.. Stop talking craps lmao, u came here 1 week ago and gonna make decisions like a sir. Cos dictator SAY so everybody must listen.. troll logic

Go to grammar school or something, I can't really understand your post. I'm not going to waste my time explaining something to someone who obviously will never understand what I'm simply trying to say anyway. Goodbye colgate.gif

Malle324
  • Malle324

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Vardolf36 @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 23:28)
QUOTE (Malle324 @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 23:08)
you are wrong

user posted image

Same structure.

***** EDIT *****

Go to grammar school or something, I can't really understand your post. I'm not going to waste my time explaining something to someone who obviously will never understand what I'm simply trying to say anyway. Goodbye colgate.gif

Yea really funny when canadian laughs to somebody who grew up in post-communism area.. Im sorry for poor english, but biggrin.gif you have no arguments how to describe your wrong opinion so you just laugh. Post your map how you realize that and lets think. confused.gif

Vardolf36
  • Vardolf36

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

I'm sticking with my opinion. I'm not really wrong for it, because if I could get a picture of that building far ahead of the Landstalker and put it beside the balcony scene it would prove they're the same. Whatever.

Let's just get out of the arguments and get back on topic.

lakingsfan
  • lakingsfan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (FCM @ Saturday, Jul 28 2012, 21:11)
I-5 is named Los Puerta Freeway. It's going on a North/South axis and I think some said it would pass near downtown on the west side.
http://media.gtanet....reenshot-13.jpg

I-2 is named Del Perro Freeway. It's going on a West/East axis and relying on the screenshot, we can say it's going to pass in East Los Santos.
http://media.gtanet....reenshot-30.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Los Puerta Freeway is in real life HARBOR FWY (California 110) for the following reasons:

1- It's on the north/south axis;
2- It's close to the downtown;
3- The highway scene was taken right between the balcony scene and downtown Los Santos, and the balcony guy was south-west from the downtown - meaning the highway scene in fact is right south of the downtown. Which leads me to think that ...

.. I'm pretty sure that the highway scene was shot on what is going to be the copycat of SANTA MONICA FWY (California 10) for the following reasons:

1- It is heading towards the balcony-guy's direction which was south-west of Downtown Los Santos;
2- California 10, or Santa Monica FWY, is that highway right south of Downtown LA on the east-west axis
3- Koreatown (or "Little Seoul" in Los Santos) is in fact located in the armpit of California 10/California 110 interchange - and it also is accessible in the highway-scene.

So, to rule the case of Del Perro highway, what we know about it:

- It's straight downtown Los Angeles, not in the periphery;
- It's on the east-west axis;

With that, we know it's not Santa Monica FWY since it is not directly downtown, it's just in its periphery.

So, considering all this, here's what I think of Los Santos Highway system:
(Click the link if you want a big ass picture -> http://img690.images...ghwaysystem.png )

user posted image

Nice work ! Your map is very detailed and I think it makes a lot of sense

Alenko
  • Alenko

BEST IN THE WORLD.

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:55 AM

Holy crap you guys really put a lot of work into this, interesting stuff.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

After looking at the trailer and map pics, the city doesn't look that big. I'm thinking there's more to come.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (Choco Taco @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 03:03)
After looking at the trailer and map pics, the city doesn't look that big. I'm thinking there's more to come.

I personally dont mind if the CBD and residential areas of los santos are not enormous. I'll be happy as long as there is atleast one other city (to make flying enjoyable and an effective means of travel) and they are seperated by a vast and varied countryside.

lakingsfan
  • lakingsfan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:12 AM Edited by lakingsfan, 29 July 2012 - 06:22 AM.

I know everybody has it's own theory on the freeways and I don't say I'm right, but could this be Century Freeway (I-105) because some said the wires we've seen on the left might be for the subway or a light rail train and there is the green line of the Los Angeles metro that «runs in the median of I-105 for the majority of its route from Redondo Beach to Norwalk» -Wikipedia.

GTA 5 trailer:
http://www.google.ca...29,r:3,s:0,i:81

I-105:

http://www.google.ca...9,r:3,s:8,i:106

http://www.google.ca...9,r:9,s:8,i:126

For entertainment: Some complained about the lack of traffic in Liberty City, would you rather see that ?

http://www.google.ca...,r:8,s:106,i:72

Jorge112597
  • Jorge112597

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (lakingsfan @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 05:12)
I know everybody has it's own theory on the freeways and I don't say I'm right, but could this be Century Freeway (I-105) because some said the wires we've seen on the left might be for the subway or a light rail train and there is the green line of the Los Angeles metro that «runs in the median of I-105 for the majority of its route from Redondo Beach to Norwalk» -Wikipedia.

GTA 5 trailer:

I-105:

For entertainment: Some complained about the lack of traffic in Liberty City, would you rather see that ?

I would only like to see that at rush hours, to be realistic and that is a fake picture

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

Wow you guys put a lot of thought into this.

BlackandWhite23
  • BlackandWhite23

Lost in the World

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (lakingsfan @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 07:12)

GTA 5 trailer:

I-105:

You could be right Because the I-110 could be the repesentation of I-2 in GTA V
And in the trailer I-5 is possible North/South LS I think your possible right But who knows for know

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (BlackandWhite23 @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 20:02)

GTA 5 trailer:

I-105:

And in the trailer I-5 is possible North/South LS I think your possible right But who knows for know

I think the I-110 is the "mystery highway" that appeared in the picture with high saturation. (Go a few pages back, and you'll see what I mean).

I-2 is more or less the I-10, since it has a part called "Del Perro Freeway", which may be a parody of the San Bernardino Freeway. We might see a town called "Del Perro" based on San Bernardino.

BlackandWhite23
  • BlackandWhite23

Lost in the World

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 23:58)

GTA 5 trailer:

I-105:

I think the I-110 is the "mystery highway" that appeared in the picture with high saturation. (Go a few pages back, and you'll see what I mean).

I-2 is more or less the I-10, since it has a part called "Del Perro Freeway", which may be a parody of the San Bernardino Freeway. We might see a town called "Del Perro" based on San Bernardino.

Well reading back some highways are a little bit exact where in real life to be.Questions is how many freeways did they copycat LA has a lot

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (BlackandWhite23 @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 22:10)
QUOTE (Death2Drugs @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 23:58)

GTA 5 trailer:

I-105:

Well reading back some highways are a little bit exact where in real life to be.Questions is how many freeways did they copycat LA has a lot

I don't know how many freeways Los Santos will have. It seems obvious Rockstar are re-naming and re-positioning a lot of highways.

lakingsfan
  • lakingsfan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:51 AM Edited by lakingsfan, 31 July 2012 - 04:53 AM.

Hey, just a quick thought, but I'm not sure if it has been already discussed, so we saw a fighter jet in the trailer that probably comes from a military base and I don't think there is one in LA, but I know there is one in San Diego. Adding the fact that Rockstar said the game would take place in a present day re-imagined Southern California, where San Diego is also located, do you think this is a hint for San Diego being in the game? Is it where Los Puerta freeway is going to end in the southern part of it? What are the chances? Is it something you think we'll see ?

Jorge112597
  • Jorge112597

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (lakingsfan @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 04:51)
Hey, just a quick thought, but I'm not sure if it has been already discussed, so we saw a fighter jet in the trailer that probably comes from a military base and I don't think there is one in LA, but I know there is one in San Diego. Adding the fact that Rockstar said the game would take place in a present day re-imagined Southern California, where San Diego is also located, do you think this is a hint for San Diego being in the game? Is it where Los Puerta freeway is going to end in the southern part of it? What are the chances? Is it something you think we'll see ?

The military base might be in the desert, or in the orange county part of GTAV Since the San Diego base is close to orange county, also the jets might be located in defunct military bases like el toro military base in irvine, orange county.

lakingsfan
  • lakingsfan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE (Jorge112597 @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 04:56)

The military base might be in the desert, or in the orange county part of GTAV Since the San Diego base is close to orange county, also the jets might be located in defunct military bases like el toro military base in irvine, orange county.

Ok. I didn't know there was military bases here but it would make more sense since Rockstar also said the game would be in the surrounding areas of LS and San Diego is still about an hour and a half from LA. That was enough to convince me, I just wanted to " share a theory". As for Los Puerta freeway, do you have an idea where and how it's gonna end (maybe as a boulevard but I'd rather if it would be connected to another freeway to make the road network even better)

CaptRobau
  • CaptRobau

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:59 AM

There is the Naval Base San Diego, which has an airfield attached to it. If San Diego were in the game I'd imagine Rockstar only adding the San Diego Intl Airport. The Naval Base airstrip is just a cross the bay, too close by. I could imagine them adding an aircraft carrier to the Naval Base (or have it parked somewhere in the game's Pacific Ocean). At 330m/1000ft this is like a floating airport.

There are other military bases in Southern California however:

Edwards Air Force Base, which is the middle of the Mojave Desert
George Air Force Base, which is also in the Mojave Desert
Oxnard Air Force Base, which is near Oxnard not too far from LA
Norton Air Force Base, which is on the edge of San Bernardino
Vandenberg Air Force Base, which is located on the Pacific coast between Santa Barbara and Santa Maria. It is a sattelite launching facility and has the most Area 51/conspiracy vibe to it.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (CaptRobau @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 07:59)
There is the Naval Base San Diego, which has an airfield attached to it. If San Diego were in the game I'd imagine Rockstar only adding the San Diego Intl Airport. The Naval Base airstrip is just a cross the bay, too close by. I could imagine them adding an aircraft carrier to the Naval Base (or have it parked somewhere in the game's Pacific Ocean). At 330m/1000ft this is like a floating airport.

There are other military bases in Southern California however:

Edwards Air Force Base, which is the middle of the Mojave Desert
George Air Force Base, which is also in the Mojave Desert
Oxnard Air Force Base, which is near Oxnard not too far from LA
Norton Air Force Base, which is on the edge of San Bernardino
Vandenberg Air Force Base, which is located on the Pacific coast between Santa Barbara and Santa Maria. It is a sattelite launching facility and has the most Area 51/conspiracy vibe to it.

I think it may most like be norton or maybe even the twentynine palms air force base near palm spings. Im leaning towards 29palms airforce base though considering many scenes in the trailer look to be very similar to locations around palm springs. Not to mention palm spings would be a convinient and logical city to be placed on the other side of those mountain ranges shown in the trailer.

Jorge112597
  • Jorge112597

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (lakingsfan @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 05:15)
QUOTE (Jorge112597 @ Tuesday, Jul 31 2012, 04:56)

Ok. I didn't know there was military bases here but it would make more sense since Rockstar also said the game would be in the surrounding areas of LS and San Diego is still about an hour and a half from LA. That was enough to convince me, I just wanted to " share a theory". As for Los Puerta freeway, do you have an idea where and how it's gonna end (maybe as a boulevard but I'd rather if it would be connected to another freeway to make the road network even better)

My guess is that los puerta freeway is the actual Los Angeles harbor freeway heading to San Pedro and ports of LA, and I think they will connect the Los puertas freeway to terminal freeway which runs through the ports of la and lb, this is also sheer the Vincent Thomas bridge comes in and it ends in downtown long beach.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users