Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

XDBX

• Members
  • France
  • Contribution Award [Mapping Los Santos]

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

Awesome Wayny !

I was just thinking of using the old street view feature to search for new finds after your Tiffany theatre find.

I believe you are right and that is the way to go if we want to give this thread a new kick and keep going.

The Leroy's Electrical shop is proof of that.

We must go back in time !

Also, I'm happy about my LS Jeans 'find' :p

• no_snacks likes this

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

XDBX

• Members
  • France

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

Don't forget LACMA is in the game as well, or at least a smaller, condensed version of it's corner Wilshire/Fairfax entrance. I believe it's called SAGMA in the game or somethig like that, I'll look for it later.

The SAGMA building in game has already been found. it's IRL counterpart isn't LACMA unfortunately and it appears two times ingame, both along Hawick Avenue.

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

The only person on this forum who likes GTA V

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:39 AM Edited by Harryhenry, 30 August 2014 - 09:42 AM.

This is a bit of a "maybe" find, but it does have the door, the windows, the brick pattern, and a similar layout, so here it is:

Real Life: Abbot's Habit 1401 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA

In-Game: Fat Losers + Fruit of the Vine, Magellan Ave & Cortes St, Vespucci

CY2v9Oi.png

26420FFA7D52F0EBE36E25937F7EB7856D8C554E

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

Harry, the Abbot's Habit building is already in the game as the Pipe Dreams building on Bay City Ave, Vespucci.

DGDZBkD.jpg

Unfortunately I think we need to keep looking for Fat Losers & Fruit of the Vine.

That building has those distinctive green bands in the middle & along the top which set it apart from Abbot's Habit.

The Bean Machine building next door has been bugging me too.  I thought we would've found them both by now.

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Harry, the Abbot's Habit building is already in the game as the Pipe Dreams building on Bay City Ave, Vespucci.
DGDZBkD.jpg

Unfortunately I think we need to keep looking for Fat Losers & Fruit of the Vine.
That building has those distinctive green bands in the middle & along the top which set it apart from Abbot's Habit.

The Bean Machine building next door has been bugging me too.  I thought we would've found them both by now.

Damn, almost thought I had a find there...

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Awesome Wayny !

I was just thinking of using the old street view feature to search for new finds after your Tiffany theatre find.

I believe you are right and that is the way to go if we want to give this thread a new kick and keep going.

The Leroy's Electrical shop is proof of that.

We must go back in time !

Also, I'm happy about my LS Jeans 'find' :p

Yeah, the 2009 street-view is definitely the way to go.

It's gonna be painful to go back down streets we've already searched though, but if we manage to bag a few new finds, then it'll be worth it.

Regarding the LS Jeans store, I can't believe you spotted it back then, but do you think you would've spotted it today?

PHhfv87.png

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

XDBX

• Members
  • France

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

100% sure I wouldn't ^^

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:34 PM Edited by Wayne Kerr, 30 August 2014 - 04:43 PM.

Here's the other find that the 2009 street-view helped confirm.

I spotted this one at the start of the year but didn't post it because I wasn't totally convinced at the time.

GEcXBkf.png

The free-standing vehicle hoist was something that stood out as a match, but there are a few differences in the building features so I wasn't sure.

Also, there are literally hundreds of these corner auto repair shops in Sth LA, & most of them look quite similar.  

To be honest, I thought we'd never find the right one.

When you switch to 2009 street-view, it shows some advertising banners around the top of the hoist that are dead-set giveaways.

dh9LYEO.png

XpnRY3h.jpg

lKM4BeZ.jpg

HbsNIqd.jpg

bfCcxwG.png

GRSgMYC.png

Real life.  Contreras Auto Mechanic Shop #2 (formerly Discount Tyre Center), 200 East Washington Blvd, Los Angeles.

In game 1.  Tire Nutz, Innocence Blvd & Power St, South Los Santos.

In game 2.  Auto Re-Perez, Little Bighorn Ave & Crusade Rd, South Los Santos.

In game 3.  Atomic Tires, Little Bighorn Ave & McDonald St, South Los Santos.

JlGQWhE.png

• Fido_le_muet, boxmonster, lxr and 1 other like this

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:32 AM Edited by Harryhenry, 31 August 2014 - 09:50 AM.

I noticed that you guys haven't added the Gaslamp Quarter Sign in San Diego to the map yet.

For those who don't know, the sign was originally found in this screenshot (top middle):

9017745724_9b7b4b135b_b.jpg

Which looks exactly like this Sign in San Diego:

gaslampquarterfull.jpg

This find actually caused some people to think that San Diego would be in the game. It wasn't, of course, but I did see one user hold on to his theory until the game leaked a few days before its release!

• _Kindled_ likes this

Fido_le_muet
  • Fido_le_muet

XDBX

• Members
  • France

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:39 AM

Is there a R* studio in San Diego ? If there is, that would explain why that sign is ingame.

Just like the bridge and the graffiti (Vancouver and Toronto).

• DIEXEL likes this

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

Is there a R* studio in San Diego ? If there is, that would explain why that sign is ingame.
Just like the bridge and the graffiti (Vancouver and Toronto).

I'm surprised you don't know about them! They're the people who did red dead redemption, and developed the RAGE Engine.
  • DIEXEL and coach_wargo like this

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:41 PM Edited by Wayne Kerr, 31 August 2014 - 02:42 PM.

Old find, and I couldn't determine the exact street address... but as it was still missing from the map, I've added it here.

A graffiti in Guelph (Ontario, Canada), in reference to Rockstar Toronto :

reference.jpg
etc.

And it's maybe why the "Mellon bank" of Los Santos looks like a building of New York City (I remember that Fido has found something like that... but I can't find it)

In GTA San Andreas, there is also the forth Bridge of Edinburgh, city where Rockstar North is based in.

Fido, you must have missed koeklin's post ^^ a few months ago.

Harry, the Gaslamp Quarter sign is on the map now.  

Have you had a chance to get some aerial shots of the movie studio yet?

I reckon you might be able to ID the last of those sound stages.

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

Here's some airial shots of the soundstages at the R&M studio:

Studios 1, 11 and unnumbered:

0_0.jpg

Studios 12 and 15:

0_0.jpg

Studios 16 and 17:

0_0.jpg

• lxr and no_snacks like this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:05 AM

Don't forget LACMA is in the game as well, or at least a smaller, condensed version of it's corner Wilshire/Fairfax entrance. I believe it's called SAGMA in the game or somethig like that, I'll look for it later.

The SAGMA building in game has already been found. it's IRL counterpart isn't LACMA unfortunately and it appears two times ingame, both along Hawick Avenue.

Ah, gotcha. I shouldve figured you guys found it! I guess the only art museum GTA V has is with a real life counter part is the Getty. Are there others?

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:48 AM Edited by Harryhenry, 01 September 2014 - 01:52 AM.

In terms of house in Vespucci, I think I've found this one:

Real Life: 415 Court Drive, Venice, CA

In-Game: ???? (12) Invention Ct, Vespucci

6tge4wq.png

0_0.jpg

There are some differences, but this building was the closest I could find.

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:16 AM Edited by Harryhenry, 01 September 2014 - 04:25 AM.

Near the mexican frontier, Dos Cabezas water Tower (San Diego and Arizona Eastern Railway)

watert10.jpg

google map : link

A looong time ago, koeklin posted this picture, which, now that the game's out, appears to be the water tower near the train tracks you climb in one of the first Trevor missions. Someone with access to the site should add this as a find.

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:24 AM

Harry.

I thought I'd already put the IRL water tower on the map, but I've only done the in-game one.  I'll fix it up later tonight.   :^:

That house in Venice doesn't look like a match to me, unfortunately.

Now that we've found most of the shops & buildings in the game, the houses are next on the list.

They're very difficult to find but very rewarding when you do, so keep at it champ.  We'll get them.

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:56 AM Edited by Harryhenry, 02 September 2014 - 01:22 AM.

Why do the sandy shores airfield finds have no address? Is it for privacy?
Also, Wayne, what did you think of my airial pictures of the movie studio?

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:02 AM

Why do the sandy shores airfield finds have no address? Is it for privacy?
Also, Wayne, what did you think of my airial pictures of the movie studio?

Umm...probably because I'm stupid & forgot to put them in.   :lol:

I'll sort them out ASAP.

The movie studio shots are perfect.  Can you see if any of the sound stages match IRL?

I reckon there could be a match or two.

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:39 AM Edited by Harryhenry, 02 September 2014 - 04:48 AM.

The movie studio shots are perfect.  Can you see if any of the sound stages match IRL?

Well, I did a little searching, and I found this building:

oIE2QTv.png

It's the building that hold stages 29/30/31/32 at paramount, and I'm thinking it's the inspiration for the Studio 12/13/14 soundstages, thanks to the similar roof, the entrances to the stages that are part of the building on the side, and (If you look closely at the Whale mural) it has a similar entrance. It also has a similar location (Right next to the city set in the backlot.) So, with all that, I'd say it's a find.

• boxmonster and no_snacks like this

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:55 PM

Well, I did a little searching, and I found this building:

It's the building that hold stages 29/30/31/32 at paramount, and I'm thinking it's the inspiration for the Studio 12/13/14 soundstages, thanks to the similar roof, the entrances to the stages that are part of the building on the side, and (If you look closely at the Whale mural) it has a similar entrance. It also has a similar location (Right next to the city set in the backlot.) So, with all that, I'd say it's a find.

If you're talking about this entrance/doorway, then yeah, you could be right.  Well spotted.   :^:

I'll have a closer look later tonight.

V4pVoNs.png

Um9blMV.jpg

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:18 AM Edited by Harryhenry, 03 September 2014 - 06:03 AM.

If you're talking about this entrance/doorway, then yeah, you could be right.

Yes, I was refering to that enterance/doorway.

Also, there's another building I might have found:

6FCCE16E6C20AF93E37AB4AD60ACCE32D4A1644B

This building on the corner of solomon richards studios. It's most likely this building:

TW8jqZO.png

Whilst not on a corner like the in game version, the colors, the windows, the line of a different color towards the top, and a similar location from the building with the globe on top:

O9DJAdM.png

xZb7kR4.png

Google Street View link here.

• boxmonster, lxr and no_snacks like this

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:22 AM Edited by Harryhenry, 03 September 2014 - 08:49 AM.

Here's an idea: lxr should add a filter for the types of map points, like what's currently in place with the Identified Landmarks/Unidentified Landmarks options. Basically, if you just want to see a particular type of landmark (natural, transportation, industrial etc.), you can filter it to just that type!
Also, Wayne, I sent you a friend request on PSN a while ago. I'm "HarryHenry".

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

Yeah, I think you're right Harry.

All of those buildings on Gower St have very similar features, but the other ones have already been used in the game, so it makes sense that one is too.

Plus, like you said, all the windows & mouldings etc are a great match.

I wonder if that IG corner window comes from a different building within Paramount Studios.  It's very distinctive looking, so maybe R* used it just to finish off that corner.

Regarding the sound stages, I think IRL 27 & 28......

2WFqpaf.png

.....are a very close match for 11.....

PfAUjvn.jpg

.....13 & 14.....

N8VbKqm.jpg

.....15 (shortened).....

C0EM0jT.jpg

.....& 16.

WhgU6Cx.jpg

They all have the raised parapet with the number painted on, plus the large "X" bracing.

Plus they have the same "McDonalds style" roof.  Boxmonster will know what it's called.  :lol:

I think you got the painted whale sound stage right.  There doesn't seem to be a better match for IG number 12.   :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

When I get a chance, I'll hop in the blimp to get some matching IG & IRL pics & have a better look around Solomon Richards.

I haven't gone back there much since I did those missions.  

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:11 AM

In terms of the tram station at the top of Mount Chiliad, this was the clearest image I could find of the real-life version:

upper%20tram%20station.jpg

Comparing it to the in-game version, it seems rockstar only put the top of it in the game, and left out the rest.

I posted this two pages ago, but it got kinda swept by for some other finds. What do you think?

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:33 AM

Harry, can you find any other pictures of it?

I had some a few months ago when I was doing the valley station, but I've deleted them all.

From memory, I think there was an older version of the summit station that looked a bit more like the IG one.

If you can find a good matching image, we'll stick it on the map.

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:25 PM Edited by Harryhenry, 03 September 2014 - 12:39 PM.

Harry, can you find any other pictures of it?

I had some a few months ago when I was doing the valley station, but I've deleted them all.

From memory, I think there was an older version of the summit station that looked a bit more like the IG one.

The only problem, is that it was REALLY hard to find a clear picture of the summit station. Most of the pictures I've found when I looked on google images were of the mountains and the forest, not the station. The reason why I picked that picture was because it was the only picture I could find that showed the place clearly. Do you remember the place you found the pictures you deleted? And why were the pictures deleted?

P.S, the Paul Bunyan statue's address on the map is to a completly different Paul Bunyan statue in Maine.

no_snacks
  • no_snacks

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

Pretty sure I just did a basic google search.

From memory I couldn't find many good shots of it either & none of them really matched that well, even though we know it's the right one.

As for deleting them, I actually think they were lost when my other PC decided to sh*t itself.  

It happened twice  & I lost a few thousand images.  I wouldn't have deleted them on purpose for no reason.

Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:57 PM

Pretty sure I just did a basic google search.

From memory I couldn't find many good shots of it either & none of them really matched that well, even though we know it's the right one.

As for deleting them, I actually think they were lost when my other PC decided to sh*t itself.  

It happened twice  & I lost a few thousand images.  I wouldn't have deleted them on purpose for no reason.

Do you think we should just use my picture? It's the only clear picture of the place we've found.

Eram
  • Eram

Láli Edy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:19 AM Edited by EramVerdes, 04 September 2014 - 08:23 AM.

I've found this pics on Google Earth ot the Tram Mountain Station:

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/45706107?source=wapi&referrer=kh.google.com   

http://www.panoramio...r=kh.google.com

Also a video of it (credit to Slate MC for posting it at Mystery Thread about 1 month ago), after about 10 mins it will show and there're some other detail's captions after that:

You have some nice view of the Salton Sea from there.

Hope it helps you decide.

• lxr and no_snacks like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users